00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Proximothegr81 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Does this happen to anyone else?

2,554 Views | 41 Replies

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 02:18:28

At 1/3/12 09:19 PM, MoriChax wrote: Ok well this is going to sound really weird, and I'll probably sound like a nutcase but whatever.

So recently I've found that I'll have brief moments where I just completely go blank. And by blank I mean I forget what I'm doing, where I am and occasionally who I am. The feeling only last a moment or two, it's sorta like you have an out of body experience or you're looking in on some character in a movie.

All I want to know is if this happens to any of you guys at all no diagnosis or shit like that. I just feel like the only one right now.

It happens to me every now and then when I'm actively thinking. It feels as though I realize who I am or that I'm alive or something.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 02:24:38

What was I doing again? Oh yeah, I was gonna post in this BBS thread.

But seriously, I blank out and forget what I was doing a lot. More than should normally occur. Maybe I just need more sleep.

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 03:14:59

Mostly when I'm trying to sleep. I stay up for seems to be hours, sometimes I've never slept. I end up being tired as heck once I realize what the hell is going on. I know I have very deep thoughts when I'm like this, but I never remember what I was thinking.

Other times when I do this is only when I'm REALLY, but only for short time. All other circumstances I may do this are very rare.

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 03:20:38

Dammit...redesign better have an edit button for the BBS. What I meant to say was.

...REALLY tired...

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 05:29:59

That's seizure.It's because of the intense lights in the game. You should stop playing Guitar hero it's bad for your health

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 05:37:05

Is it like an out of body experience? Cause i have that sometimes when i take a long pee and you get so relaxed that you feel like your moving out of your body.

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 07:30:06

yes. the exact thing happens to me from time to time. one time i was walking towards my book shelf, and suddenly i forgot what i did that for. took me fifteen seconds to realise i was trying to get the dictionary from the shlef. despite this, i am not bothered by it as long as the symptom does not affect my quality of life.

it happens more often when i am excited and am completely absorbed into my own thoughts. (e.g. second quantization and renrmalization groups) might be a good thing actually.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 08:03:07

I don't forget who I am, but as for the other things yes.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 20:08:58

It's called getting old Nessa. Feels bad man ;___;

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 20:32:14

I don`t think so, but sometimes I can get distracted on one thing then forget what i`m doing.

I know you said no diagnoses, but this could be a seizure disorder. Some types of seizure are characterize by brief moments of inattention.

Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Save Lives.

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 20:33:35

Happens sometimes and sometimes I'm blank and then go to talk and sound like one of my friends and I go "WHOa that was weird".

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Does this happen to anyone else? 2012-01-04 20:36:09

Well, every time I used the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for a half hour or so.

So I put a plastic plate in my head.