Be a Supporter!

Why Women Aren't Funny

  • 2,650 Views
  • 61 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
JarlaxleArtemis
JarlaxleArtemis
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 02:21:39 Reply

I'm sick of hearing women bitch and moan that there aren't many females in stand-up. Lets face it, women aren't genetically gifted with being funny. There are three reasons for this:

1) Men don't find humor in women attractive. There is no need for a woman to make a man laugh. Women often comment on a man's humor when they're courting the man, women never have their humor commented on.

If a man can't make a woman laugh, he's out of the gene pool.

2) Women can't afford to be funny: they have the important task of having babies. Women aren't equipped to joke about such serious matters.

Have you ever heard a funny dead baby joke? I rest my case.

3) Men don't want to be laughed at. They realize women need to be attracted to them in order to produce babies, so "female humor"- geared towards laughing at men- is not something that women feel the need to develop.

Discuss.


BBS Signature
monkeytroubleaj
monkeytroubleaj
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 02:23:37 Reply

I'm very funny and my bf likes it. I make him giggle his pants off.


BBS Signature
Darthleather
Darthleather
  • Member since: Feb. 8, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate

I LIKE MONEY

BBS Signature
Winrar1337
Winrar1337
  • Member since: Dec. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Movie Buff
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 02:25:28 Reply

You've provided reasons as to why they don't need to be funny, not reasons why they actually aren't funny. Stereotypes are idiotic.


"Censorship is telling a man that he cannot have a steak just because a baby cannot chew it." - Mark Twain

CyanSandwich
CyanSandwich
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 02:26:22 Reply

At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote: Have you ever heard a funny dead baby joke? I rest my case.

Plenty. But I guess dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidized dead baby.


BBS Signature
SKHM
SKHM
  • Member since: Oct. 24, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 02:31:14 Reply

At 1/2/12 02:26 AM, Natick wrote:
At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote: I'm sick of hearing women bitch and moan that there aren't many females in stand-up. Lets face it, women aren't genetically gifted with being funny. There are three reasons for this:
Kathy Griffin, Joan Rivers, Sarah Silverman, Lucielle Ball...

are you arguing against your own case, natick? none of those women are remotely funny

especially not that annoying herbraic sarah silverman


G O D - B L E S S - A F R I C A
LAST.FM
CROWNED CHAMPION OF "FAPITUDE" BY BEARDKILLER

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 02:40:39 Reply

I can clearly remember laughing my fucking ass off at quite a few female stand-ups at various late-night television marathons with popcorn.

And I pride myself on my taste in comedy. It's definitely a male-oriented field, but there's certainly a few side-splitting ones where you don't expect to find them.

I can never remember names, though. There's really so many comedians...

Cootie
Cootie
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 02:41:40 Reply

At 1/2/12 02:26 AM, sandwich-eater wrote:
At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote: Have you ever heard a funny dead baby joke? I rest my case.
Plenty. But I guess dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidized dead baby.

What is 20 inches long and makes a woman scream during the night?

Crib death.


For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 02:52:56 Reply

I admit men are funnier than women but there are still plenty of funny women out there. The problem is that men have an old fashion view on joke telling. They believe it's a mans sport as if women aren't the ones who are allowed to joke too.

Sadly a lot of female comics do the whole female routine which of course men don't want. Men don't want to hear about periods and babies. Though us women will listen and laugh at a variety of men related issues with no problem whatsoever.

I was watching an old Mock The Week episode the other day and this female comic Sarah Millican was on and during her stand up part she was good, but you can just tell by the males there that they just did not want to laugh at her. She was talking about kids yes, but it wasn't in a woman naggy way, it was funny and brief and just see for yourself. Yet men do not want to laugh at women no matter how funny they might be.

Yes a lot of women don't like risque jokes but then I know men who don't either. To each their own really.

As for me I'm a women who loves them, can't get enough of politically uncorrect or celebrity death or baby jokes. The nastiest, the better it seems to be for me. And my funny comedians are men. Women are not unfunny though.

Now lets have a joke;

"Research shows that men speak 25,000 words a day and a women speaks 30,000 a day..

The problem is, after the husband comes home from work having consumed his 25,000 words..

The wife starts her 30,000. "


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
chipotleaway
chipotleaway
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Musician
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 02:56:45 Reply

I got a good laugh from that Gagsy.
Also I love it when a girl can make me laugh. It just makes hanging out and relaxing a whole lot better.
But I have to agree, women who do stand-up dont really make me laugh.


I am a vagina cleaner. My Steam
In world god make every thing. Therefore God can't deid. -calvinmark

BBS Signature
CoCo
CoCo
  • Member since: Jul. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 02:56:50 Reply

in my opinion i'm more attracted to a woman if she can make me laugh


Lost the love of heaven above, Chose the lust of the earth below
Eleven saintly shrouded men, Came to wash my sins away
Sig by Valjylmyr

BBS Signature
Strawberrysab
Strawberrysab
  • Member since: Sep. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 03:35:39 Reply

Righty right Gagsy. Nothing like good old black comedy Viddy Droog?

Sevkat
Sevkat
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 03:54:44 Reply

You can't be funny and do the dishes.


shimmy shimmy yeah

StashBoogy
StashBoogy
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Writer
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 04:04:48 Reply

Wow. I came to Newgrounds because I thought there were a bunch of cool artist animator folks here, and yet all I've seen so far in the General here is a bunch of this kind of stuff. lol

Is NG literally without any mods? Nothing but sexist, racist, homophobe grotesque trolling thus far. Bizarre.

And if you don't think there's such a thing as a funny woman, it's probably because every funny woman you've ever met made fun of your small penis.

"I'm just a prom night dumpster baby..."


Outstanding Pajamas

BBS Signature
JarlaxleArtemis
JarlaxleArtemis
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 04:12:28 Reply

At 1/2/12 04:04 AM, BCRice wrote:
"Is NG literally without any mods? Nothing but sexist, racist, homophobe grotesque trolling thus far. Bizarre."

I'm not being sexist. Obviously women understand funny stuff, otherwise men wouldn't try so hard to make them laugh. I never stated that women can't be funny. There are some funny women.

I was saying that on average women are not nearly as funny as men.

On average.

"And if you don't think there's such a thing as a funny woman, it's probably because every funny woman you've ever met made fun of your small penis."

I never said that there's no such thing "as a funny woman". Read my OP and you'll understand the thread better, young one.

""I'm just a prom night dumpster baby...""

Family Guy isn't funny. I really don't understand how that fits into your argument against me, though.


BBS Signature
TwistedPersonality
TwistedPersonality
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Filmmaker
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 04:12:48 Reply

Even if what you're saying is true (which I personally disagree to), a charismatic woman with a keen sense of humor that makes me laugh has greater chances for me to even bother trying to preserve her genes for future generations.

For the sake of future mankind! Stop impregnating bitches and knock up chilled girls exclusively!


Smuff.

BBS Signature
JarlaxleArtemis
JarlaxleArtemis
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 04:22:52 Reply

At 1/2/12 04:19 AM, Xyphon202 wrote:
"Why the hell are you in General looking for artists and animators? Can you not read board descriptions?"

Don't bite the newbie. The boards are not described in bold letters, or anything.


BBS Signature
StashBoogy
StashBoogy
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Writer
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 04:24:00 Reply

At 1/2/12 04:12 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote:
At 1/2/12 04:04 AM, BCRice wrote:
"Is NG literally without any mods? Nothing but sexist, racist, homophobe grotesque trolling thus far. Bizarre."
I'm not being sexist. Obviously women understand funny stuff, otherwise men wouldn't try so hard to make them laugh. I never stated that women can't be funny. There are some funny women.

I was saying that on average women are not nearly as funny as men.

On average.

"And if you don't think there's such a thing as a funny woman, it's probably because every funny woman you've ever met made fun of your small penis."
I never said that there's no such thing "as a funny woman". Read my OP and you'll understand the thread better, young one.

""I'm just a prom night dumpster baby...""
Family Guy isn't funny. I really don't understand how that fits into your argument against me, though.

lol

I would love to sit back in awe and wonder as to what other "averages" you've uncovered through your vast experience of the universe.

Tell me, what "averages" have you discovered regarding black people, asians, latinos, caucasians, gays?

Please enlighten the world with more of your "averages", since we all know generalizations are the fruits of so much life experience and complex thought and deduction.

This...should be amazing to behold.

The One who is He that knows the Average of all Things.


Outstanding Pajamas

BBS Signature
JarlaxleArtemis
JarlaxleArtemis
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 04:44:59 Reply

At 1/2/12 04:24 AM, BCRice wrote:
I would love to sit back in awe and wonder as to what other "averages" you've uncovered through your vast experience of the universe.
Tell me, what "averages" have you discovered regarding black people, asians, latinos, caucasians, gays?

Please enlighten the world with more of your "averages", since we all know generalizations are the fruits of so much life experience and complex thought and deduction.

This...should be amazing to behold.

The One who is He that knows the Average of all Things.

Um, I never generalized in fact, at all. I pointed out the obvious: that less females than males run a successful stand-up and that the women who do stand-up play by men's rules.

Nowhere did I generalize.

Learn to read.


BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 04:49:18 Reply

At 1/2/12 04:44 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote:
Um, I never generalized in fact, at all.
At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote:
women aren't genetically gifted with being funny.

Yeah, I don't know.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
JarlaxleArtemis
JarlaxleArtemis
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 04:53:19 Reply

At 1/2/12 04:49 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 1/2/12 04:44 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote:
Um, I never generalized in fact, at all.
At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote:
women aren't genetically gifted with being funny.
Yeah, I don't know.

Hm, I'll rephrase that. (We really need a preview button for posts).

Women's genetic attributes of producing children and trying to increase the population of the World in a successful manner, are not something that they can afford to be humorous about.

Men have more of a capability to laugh at themselves, whereas women have to be serious.

Hence the humor gap.


BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 04:57:23 Reply

At 1/2/12 04:53 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote:
Hence the humor gap.

I have heard a lot of rubbish in my time on these forums but that is up there alright amongst the best. Or worst, however you want to phrase it.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 05:03:17 Reply

At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote: 2) Women can't afford to be funny: they have the important task of having babies.

Oh yes, that's their highest goal in life...

At 1/2/12 02:52 AM, Gagsy wrote: Sadly a lot of female comics do the whole female routine which of course men don't want. Men don't want to hear about periods and babies. Though us women will listen and laugh at a variety of men related issues with no problem whatsoever.

I think this is a bit of a problem with female comedians; A lot of them will always bring up topics like this in their shows. And it always seems to be brought with the idea that "this is humour for women!", as if women can only joke and laugh about these things. It's not just that it's seldom funny for men, I just get the idea that it's specifically not made to be funny for men at all and that women create their own stereotype this way ("look, women can only make jokes about periods, babies and their vaginas").

I think another problem that comes along with aiming at a specific sex is that pretty easily, as a comedian, you'll grasp towards sex jokes and lame sexisms and that's pretty cheap and terrible humour anyway (no matter who it comes from).

I have seen some female comedians who did take on some more serious topics than the whole female routine and if you ask me these women were actually a lot funnier and were in fact good comedians. Not because it's more for men too, but the show was just of a higher standard as a whole with much more clever humour.

But anyway, I've met plenty of girls and women who did have a good sense of humour. Saying they're all not funny is just silly and sexist.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 8 February 2016)

BBS Signature
JarlaxleArtemis
JarlaxleArtemis
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 05:09:39 Reply

At 1/2/12 04:57 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 1/2/12 04:53 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote:
Hence the humor gap.
I have heard a lot of rubbish in my time on these forums but that is up there alright amongst the best. Or worst, however you want to phrase it.

Now come on Gags. How many jokes do you find funny about stillbirth, or childbirth, or pregnancy? Is there anything less funny than someone carping on about their unborn baby? (Don't pretend to not know what I'm talking about here).

Obviously, there are women comediennes who are extraordinarily funny: Dawn French, Sarah Silverman and Jo Brand are three women who I laugh at. My premise is that stand-up routines are about filth, and plenty of it, it's what the punters want. The more jokes about one's own anatomy, the more jokes about getting fat, or other's misfortunes, the better.

Women, for some reason, dislike being regarded as fat, or decrepit, or decayed, and don't find it amusing. I find my body a cruel joke, but telling females that their body is a cruel joke is usually met with a slap.

Women who do comedy tend to play by men's rules, and tend to be more lesbian, more fat, more Jewish in their humor than, say, other women.

Your turn to argue; but I rest my case on that distinction in humor.


BBS Signature
Markface
Markface
  • Member since: Nov. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Animator
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 05:13:43 Reply

At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote: 1) Men don't find humor in women attractive. T

You find humor attractive in men?


[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature
JarlaxleArtemis
JarlaxleArtemis
  • Member since: Dec. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 05:18:59 Reply

At 1/2/12 05:13 AM, Markface wrote:
At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote: 1) Men don't find humor in women attractive. T
You find humor attractive in men?

Look, you don't have to be gay (I'm not) to hear a guy talk about a successful date with a potential female partner. Rarely do I hear: "Oh, that girl is so funny", whereas I inevitably hear "Oh, he made me laugh" when women talk about their potential male partner. I'm not being sexist in that, just making a sociocultural observation.


BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 05:31:10 Reply

At 1/2/12 05:09 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote:
Now come on Gags. How many jokes do you find funny about stillbirth, or childbirth, or pregnancy? Is there anything less funny than someone carping on about their unborn baby? (Don't pretend to not know what I'm talking about here).

I don't actually know what you're talking about because you're wording everything anally, and I'm already expressed my thoughts on women who do routines based on female things.

Obviously, there are women comediennes who are extraordinarily funny: Dawn French, Sarah Silverman and Jo Brand are three women who I laugh at. My premise is that stand-up routines are about filth, and plenty of it, it's what the punters want. The more jokes about one's own anatomy, the more jokes about getting fat, or other's misfortunes, the better.

Actually the best stand up routines draw from life experiences, generally the country a person was born, stereotypes they recieved as a child, relationships, then everything inbetween that. Filth is fine, but what is filth with substance?

Women, for some reason, dislike being regarded as fat, or decrepit, or decayed, and don't find it amusing. I find my body a cruel joke, but telling females that their body is a cruel joke is usually met with a slap.

No one likes being called anything negative. Women will just be more vocal about that and so what?

Women who do comedy tend to play by men's rules, and tend to be more lesbian, more fat, more Jewish in their humor than, say, other women.

Like I said, life experiences. Same way a South African comedians routine will largely focus on that. If a comedian is gay, then yeah that'll likely feature a bit. And that is what people like, funny yet5 true stories based on someones life.

Your turn to argue; but I rest my case on that distinction in humor.

I'm not arguing really. I just think you have quite a limited idea on any comedy, let alone comedy made by women.


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Member since: Aug. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Reader
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 05:31:52 Reply

At 1/2/12 02:26 AM, sandwich-eater wrote:
At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote: Have you ever heard a funny dead baby joke? I rest my case.
Plenty. But I guess dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidized dead baby.

I give you my love

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 05:33:06 Reply

At 1/2/12 05:31 AM, Halberd wrote:
At 1/2/12 02:26 AM, sandwich-eater wrote:
At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote: Have you ever heard a funny dead baby joke? I rest my case.
Plenty. But I guess dark humour isn't everyone's cup of liquidized dead baby.
I give you my love

That bitch. I've been stealing that joke for years on this forum!


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
BananasFoster
BananasFoster
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Why Women Aren't Funny 2012-01-02 05:54:22 Reply

Auz hit the nail on the head if you ask me.

Jarlaxle, I feel like your view of women is really close-minded. Are you forgetting that roughly fifty percent of the population of Earth is female? If you consider that most people that go to comedy shows are men, then I get what you are saying. Similarly, it's fair to assume that a mechanics shop isn't decorated or catered with feminine items or feminine music playing while men fix cars, because in general, most mechanics are men. So I suppose in that sense, it makes sense that men are more catered-to when you have an audience that is mostly men.

Women feel that men are funny, yes, but like men on these boards have mentioned, there are plenty of funny females as well. Equally, there are absolutely plenty of unfunny men and women who also have a horrible sense of humor. I know men who can't take dead baby, racist, or even sexist jokes, and know many women who are absolutely vile when it comes to these jokes, and cross boundaries even men don't dare to cross when telling them.

At 1/2/12 02:21 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote:
2) Women can't afford to be funny: they have the important task of having babies. Women aren't equipped to joke about such serious matters."

Similar to what Auz said, that's an incredibly sexist and ignorant assumption. I'm not even going to go further on this, because it kind of baffles me that you feel this is true.

At 1/2/12 05:09 AM, JarlaxleArtemis wrote:
Now come on Gags. How many jokes do you find funny about stillbirth, or childbirth, or pregnancy? Is there anything less funny than someone carping on about their unborn baby? (Don't pretend to not know what I'm talking about here).

Obviously, there are women comediennes who are extraordinarily funny: Dawn French, Sarah Silverman and Jo Brand are three women who I laugh at. My premise is that stand-up routines are about filth, and plenty of it, it's what the punters want. The more jokes about one's own anatomy, the more jokes about getting fat, or other's misfortunes, the better.

Wait -- you're saying jokes about one's own anatomy are funny? Okay, so men getting kicked in the balls, farting, pooping, masturbating, ejaculating, etc. are all fair game and funny. I see that. Why can't women joke about their own anatomy then? I believe Gagsy pointed out that women find mens' bodily functions and misfortunes funny, so why are men so 'limited', apparently? Also, I know plenty of women that can handle jokes about getting fat, anatomy, others' misfortunes, etc. Perhaps you're hanging out with the wrong women?

Women, for some reason, dislike being regarded as fat, or decrepit, or decayed, and don't find it amusing. I find my body a cruel joke, but telling females that their body is a cruel joke is usually met with a slap.

Eh, like I said above, I don't find this to be true. Plenty of men get defensive about their male bodies as well, so I see this going equally both ways. Some women EMBRACE their so-called 'disgusting' bodies, and some men absolutely loath their bodies and can't take criticism about it.

Women who do comedy tend to play by men's rules, and tend to be more lesbian, more fat, more Jewish in their humor than, say, other women.

They do this because comedy, or in particular comedy shows happen to be a very male-dominated arena. Because of this, they have to cater to men. This is like saying that most men can't be good single parents because parenthood is something women obsess over and love more and idealize about. That is a sweeping generalization that would be absolutely untrue, as there are plenty of wonderful single dads and plenty of horrible, single-mom monstrosities.

3) Men don't want to be laughed at. They realize women need to be attracted to them in order to produce babies, so "female humor"- geared towards laughing at men- is not something that women feel the need to develop.

Men feel the need to be funny and have women be more attracted to them because it is still a common deduction in society that men are supposed to be the ones to court women. Women essentially let men 'woo' them (this is slowly changing -- more women are courting nowadays), and this includes seeing if a man can make a woman laugh. There is much more emphasis on a woman being physically attractive for courting reasons than her being funny, or even having a great personality, because men need to find her initially attractive before they even consider beginning the courting process with her.

However, this doesn't mean that men don't need to be attractive too -- and similarly, this doesn't mean that women don't need to have their own sense of humor. I think that the stereotypical courtship process prioritizes certain things for men and women just because of societal views in the past. Do bear in mind that in the past, women weren't even aloud to perform or be on stage.

Your turn to argue; but I rest my case on that distinction in humor.

Just because something is funny to men doesn't mean women automatically enjoy/have to enjoy it either. You're forgetting that over half the world's population is women. Perhaps the reason comedy clubs and shows are dominated by men is because women don't feel the jokes are so funny since they are distinctively catered towards men? Maybe they want more women comedians? Who knows. Just don't forget that humor applies to the other half of the world's population as well.


Boop boop beep boop.

BBS Signature