00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Old Code Castle Art

28,451 Views | 169 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-04-18 12:34:48

At 4/18/12 11:52 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: damn it...

For got the picture

Old Code Castle Art

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-16 15:56:02

Wow, I have got NOTHING done this month, and I feel like shit for it.
I'm trying to put a couple of last minute things together for the art walk tomorrow, but it isn't looking good.

Anyway I threw together an 11th hour ACEO that I mass-produced to have for some kicks. Its BACON!!!!

Sometimes dicking around helps. Maybe I can get some other good things done before tomorrow...

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-17 19:19:21

At 3/21/12 03:05 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I think I have been browsing the internet too much. I think I subconsciously copied the idea from this picture... again

I dont understand how this is copying. The pose is similiar but the proportions are different...way different.
AND i dont mean that in a bad way lol.

Ive been making an effort to just put as much art infront of my face as possible and ever once inawhile there is a sense of deje vu(?)

I also remember reading an interview with an artist who addressed the samething. his point of view that it's good and inevitable that other people's styles will show throygh in your art. I kinda like that idea of living on in other people's works.

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-17 23:37:55

At 5/17/12 07:19 PM, Spac3case916 wrote:
At 3/21/12 03:05 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I think I have been browsing the internet too much. I think I subconsciously copied the idea from this picture... again
I dont understand how this is copying. The pose is similiar but the proportions are different...way different.
AND i dont mean that in a bad way lol.

Ive been making an effort to just put as much art infront of my face as possible and ever once inawhile there is a sense of deje vu(?)

I also remember reading an interview with an artist who addressed the samething. his point of view that it's good and inevitable that other people's styles will show throygh in your art. I kinda like that idea of living on in other people's works.

Hey man, thanks for the encouragement. I gotta remember to not let things like those really get me down.

Anyway on to how my night went. I'm still on a pretty good high from my night. I sold two of my etched glasses, sold out og my Cthulhu pictures, sold my last dragon picture, a couple of my girl sketches and inks, and moved a lot of my Bacon ACEOs.
Over all I made a little over 16 dollars. Its not a fortune, I know, but something like this is a major confidence boost if I have ever seen one.
I gotta plan better for the next one.

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-29 18:55:32

NARF!
Me drawing pinky will make more sense in a moments. Well sort of.

Has anyone seen this lovely clip of awesome sauce Its pretty amazing and funny. Its two hours long, but worth every minuet watched.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBzRmWeC6Ds

It is also what made me draw Pinky... as a Storm Trooper

Which is continued next post/

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-29 18:58:48

See, Didn't Lie :3
May the Force help you TAKE OVER THE WORLD!

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-30 02:36:14

At 5/30/12 01:51 AM, Larkatosa wrote:
At 5/29/12 06:58 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
See, Didn't Lie :3
May the Force help you TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
That. is. GLORIOUS!!

Haha.

Ooh you changed your Icon, I like

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-30 13:28:13

Oh yeah... did this last night, but waited until today to post it.
in case you are interested...

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-30 19:55:40

At 5/30/12 01:28 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Oh yeah... did this last night, but waited until today to post it.
in case you are interested...

This is the best thing ever, I want it on a shirt :D

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-31 00:27:55

DUDE so stoked to hear that you sold some of your pieces. RIght on!!

The ink work in the original pink seems really confident too. lots of line variation without any hesitation.

and the stormtrooper remix is pretty sick too

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-31 11:59:27

Thanks guys.

and t-shirts may not be a bad idea....

And to keep the post from looking blank, a sketch I did a couple days ago on a note card...
I really do not like the way the head came out on this... bleh...

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-31 18:14:35

At 5/31/12 11:59 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: And to keep the post from looking blank, a sketch I did a couple days ago on a note card...

You should fix this up for the M&A contest.

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-31 18:35:40

At 5/31/12 06:14 PM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 5/31/12 11:59 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: And to keep the post from looking blank, a sketch I did a couple days ago on a note card...
You should fix this up for the M&A contest.

Thats still going on?
Cool I might look in to it.
I guess I should check on what i have missed in my absents

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-31 21:40:28

The idea for this project has been in motion for quite a while. Sadly I broke the original bottle I wanted to use, and since I had not gotten another green bottle I came across this bottle of Apricot Schnapps and finished it off so I could do this. The design also changed quite a bit too. I was originally going to do Cthulhu's head and have his name across the bottom, but I instead settled for the seal.

Also I felt the Cthulhu head wouldn't work unless I had that green bottle. It just seemed like something that would feel right.

Also have a cotton cord wrapped around the neck to cover the threads. I broke the last bottle because I was trying to cut them off. The same I used the same thing for the cord wrapped around the cork in the top.
I wish I had some stain to run the sting through to darken it, but I didn't. Although In retrospect I guess I could have used some tea or something. I sealed the string with some paraffin wax, so it is safe and all to drink from. I don't think the tea will stain it now though...

Whelp, now to get some more schnapps to fill it with...
I'm going to look like one suave fucker drinking from this >:3

Bob I really look forward to your input on this one.

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-05-31 21:49:22

Now time for a WIP of another long going project.
My nephew had some cheap ass busted water guns laying about so I though "Fuck yeah I can do some shit with these." and thus started this little blaster.
The back chamber on one of the guns still holds water and fires, I I have done my best to make sure that this remains functional. So far I have only cut some pieces off and added one purple part to the gun, but I plan on more. I need to get some odds and ends from some plastic modeler kits and such. I'm looking to take the project in a cyberpunk direction so expect some fun knobs and gizmos as soon as I can find find some I like

by that I mean what ever I can find that has been scrapped, yet still useable.

Its partly primered and I still need to get some green stuff to work out some of the more useable pieces... either that or some of that plastic bondo stuff... its suppose to be as good as regular bondo.

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-01 13:52:51

At 5/31/12 11:59 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: Thanks guys.

and t-shirts may not be a bad idea....

And to keep the post from looking blank, a sketch I did a couple days ago on a note card...

most of this looks fine. I think the forehead might be a little off, and the hairline looks skewed.

the polymer gun is dope btw

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-08 13:38:17

Alright boys and girls, Next project.
Got this sketch of Korra here, that I want some critique on.
I'm going to grab a shower and I'll be back.If there is no comment by time I'm back, I'm going to assume everything is fine and move on to ink.
Alright toodles.

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-08 14:11:54

At 6/8/12 01:38 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: I'm going to grab a shower and I'll be back.

ok back...
well, I guess I'll just move on to the inking then...

Old random cube to keep from being blank....

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-08 15:29:44

You've done a great job with a really tricky pose, but the left ankle bothers the hell out of me. The shin is all curved and the bones that cause the ankle bumps shouldn't be symmetrcal- the inner bump caused by the tibia should start a teensy bit higher. Given the pose, i think only the outer bump of the fibula should be sticking out a bit more than usual and most of the angle that makes the curve possible should be in the ankle itself, not the shin above.

Sorry i don't have a view of the bones from behind.

Old Code Castle Art

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-08 15:43:51

At 6/8/12 03:29 PM, lovingthedark wrote: You've done a great job with a really tricky pose, but the left ankle bothers the hell out of me. The shin is all curved and the bones that cause the ankle bumps shouldn't be symmetrcal- the inner bump caused by the tibia should start a teensy bit higher. Given the pose, i think only the outer bump of the fibula should be sticking out a bit more than usual and most of the angle that makes the curve possible should be in the ankle itself, not the shin above.

Its alright that you don't have behind view, at least you said something. I haven't gotten to the legs on the digital inking yet, so this has come at the perfect time. Down side though, with how big her boots are, I'm not sure how to show the height of the ankle all that well.
Link to awesome Google find of a character turnaround for Korra

I think if I dip in the boot a little by the ankle a little more I can get a better illustration of the ankle.

WIP

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-08 16:24:43

At 6/8/12 03:43 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 6/8/12 03:29 PM, lovingthedark wrote: You've done a great job with a really tricky pose, but the left ankle bothers the hell out of me. The shin is all curved and the bones that cause the ankle bumps shouldn't be symmetrcal- the inner bump caused by the tibia should start a teensy bit higher. Given the pose, i think only the outer bump of the fibula should be sticking out a bit more than usual and most of the angle that makes the curve possible should be in the ankle itself, not the shin above.

Its alright that you don't have behind view, at least you said something. I haven't gotten to the legs on the digital inking yet, so this has come at the perfect time. Down side though, with how big her boots are, I'm not sure how to show the height of the ankle all that well.
Link to awesome Google find of a character turnaround for Korra

I think if I dip in the boot a little by the ankle a little more I can get a better illustration of the ankle.

WIP

I remember making this sort of mistake before, it ended with me realizing that poses like those break spines.

Where the person faces back at the audience while the body facing the opposite. Poses like those don't entirely work well unless the person is freaking flexible.

The left image is a edit I did if I were to keep the position of the lower and top half of the body the same and adjust the head to a more natural direction.

The right image didn't have an edit but is a suggestion if you were to keep the direction where her head is facing and keeping the lower half of her body is facing too. The top half of the body would have to change direction that would show different shoulder placement (given the red circle next to the shoulder) and she will have to express some twisting motion.

Another note on the pose would be how the bridge of the nose usually cover up the other eye ( things like those have to be consider sometime when trying to draw something with an angle).

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-08 16:46:36

At 6/8/12 04:24 PM, ZaneZansorrow wrote: I remember making this sort of mistake before, it ended with me realizing that poses like those break spines.

Where the person faces back at the audience while the body facing the opposite. Poses like those don't entirely work well unless the person is freaking flexible.

The left image is a edit I did if I were to keep the position of the lower and top half of the body the same and adjust the head to a more natural direction.

The right image didn't have an edit but is a suggestion if you were to keep the direction where her head is facing and keeping the lower half of her body is facing too. The top half of the body would have to change direction that would show different shoulder placement (given the red circle next to the shoulder) and she will have to express some twisting motion.

Another note on the pose would be how the bridge of the nose usually cover up the other eye ( things like those have to be consider sometime when trying to draw something with an angle).

Very nice. I see where you are going with the breaking of the spine. I guess that should have bothered me more than it did. I just went along with my pose reference with out much thought. Foolish mistake on my end.
You mind linking a higher resolution of your edit?

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-08 16:53:24

Oops forgot the next wip.
But now I feel like crap because of the broken spine.
Any tips of fixing with out scrapping almost everything from the waste up??

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-08 17:18:29

At 6/8/12 04:53 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Oops forgot the next wip.

Ummm...come to stickam and i'll make a fool of myself trying to take that pose and get my entire body into the webcam frame.

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-08 17:21:46

At 6/8/12 05:18 PM, lovingthedark wrote:
At 6/8/12 04:53 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Oops forgot the next wip.
Ummm...come to stickam and i'll make a fool of myself trying to take that pose and get my entire body into the webcam frame.

I'll give it a shot, but I don't have long tonight, I have a Catan Game tonight...

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-08 17:48:11

At 6/8/12 05:18 PM, lovingthedark wrote: i'll make a fool of myself trying to take that pose and get my entire body into the webcam frame.

Didn't that use to be my job?

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-26 13:53:32

And on to my most recent failure.
I Really, Really suck at digital painting it seems.
I know I need a lot of practice, and I'm going to try and practice this more, Anyone got any good suggestions, techniques or tutorials?

Obvious reference included in piece

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-26 13:55:55

At 6/26/12 01:53 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:

Holy fucking PNG rape....
My bad...

Old Code Castle Art

BBS Signature

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-26 13:57:14

At 6/26/12 01:55 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 6/26/12 01:53 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
Holy fucking PNG rape....
My bad...

Hmm the water droplets look amazing but the apple's shape and edge seems off. Try putting it on a white background like the original?

Response to Old Code Castle Art 2012-06-26 14:00:12

At 6/26/12 01:57 PM, PatBest22 wrote: Hmm the water droplets look amazing but the apple's shape and edge seems off. Try putting it on a white background like the original?

Done and done, Although I don't think the white background will make it any easier on the eyes

BBS Signature