Be a Supporter!
Kyzaskiwi
Kyzaskiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 12:06 AM Reply

Does anyone know any free website hosting places that have pop-up ads and not ads at the top? I used to use tripod but they don't do pop ups anymore.. And I don't want an add at the top of my page cuz it ruins the whole thing. Can anyone help me cuz I can't afford a domain right now....

ArcshinE
ArcshinE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 12:07 AM Reply

Hostultra to the rescue!

Well I use this service called Hostultra, it has UNLIMITED Bandwith AND Filespace.. It only has one pop-up as well!

http://www.hostultra.com

pieoncar
pieoncar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 5/9/04 12:06 AM, Kyzaskiwi wrote: Does anyone know any free website hosting places that have pop-up ads and not ads at the top? I used to use tripod but they don't do pop ups anymore.. And I don't want an add at the top of my page cuz it ruins the whole thing. Can anyone help me cuz I can't afford a domain right now....

We were just dicussing web hosting in a thread in the programming forum... there are some plans available for about $4-$7 a month, plus a $10/yr domain name... But you could probably use dyndns for that, if you're feeling really cheap :)

NSUPRA
NSUPRA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 12:10 AM Reply

If you get a geocities website and then forward the URL, you wont get that annyoing little add in the top right corner.

Kyzaskiwi
Kyzaskiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 12:13 AM Reply

At 5/9/04 12:09 AM, pieoncar wrote: We were just dicussing web hosting in a thread in the programming forum... there are some plans available for about $4-$7 a month, plus a $10/yr domain name... But you could probably use dyndns for that, if you're feeling really cheap :)

Yeah, I'll look into them when I get established this sumemr in college with a job.. But as for now, I just need a temporary one and I have No income coming in right now and like $30 in the bank.. so you see my prob here.. After the summer I will just get a domaina nd stuff but for now.... yeah

Kyzaskiwi
Kyzaskiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 12:22 AM Reply

At 5/9/04 12:07 AM, -ArcshinE- wrote: Hostultra to the rescue!

Well I use this service called Hostultra, it has UNLIMITED Bandwith AND Filespace.. It only has one pop-up as well!

http://www.hostultra.com

Thanks sooo mcuh.. That is perfect for what I want right now... Thank you thank you thank you!

Kyzaskiwi
Kyzaskiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 12:50 AM Reply

does anyone know any other sites cuz host ultra has a few bugs... like no media files and the pics turn out real funky on them...

pieoncar
pieoncar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 5/9/04 12:13 AM, Kyzaskiwi wrote: Yeah, I'll look into them when I get established this sumemr in college with a job..

If you're going to college, you may have webspace on the university time-sharing machine, and that should be available in early summer... Try contacting the school and seeing what's available, perhaps?

Pilot-Doofy
Pilot-Doofy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Musician
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 12:57 AM Reply

At 5/9/04 12:07 AM, -ArcshinE- wrote: http://www.hostultra.com

I'm shocked. Their free webhosting package seems to be more of a deal than the paid for hosting. What kind of shit is that? You get more space and bandwidth if you use a free account?

I think they should have better accounting at that place.

But if you want to go with free webhosting it looks pretty good.

Masculine
Masculine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Artist
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 12:58 AM Reply

I hate hostultra the images never work and the flash messes up on it.

Kyzaskiwi
Kyzaskiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 02:14 AM Reply

Yeah, hostultra is driving me insane.. I work to fast for it.. And it really hates frames... Ergh..
About the college thingy.. I don't think my college has that (im going to San Diego State) but I will try and ask around..

klownboydotnet
klownboydotnet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 02:27 AM Reply

At 5/9/04 02:14 AM, Kyzaskiwi wrote: Yeah, hostultra is driving me insane.. I work to fast for it.. And it really hates frames... Ergh..
About the college thingy.. I don't think my college has that (im going to San Diego State) but I will try and ask around..

It hates frames because they suck.

Use tables, man. Tables rock.

Kyzaskiwi
Kyzaskiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 02:43 AM Reply

At 5/9/04 02:27 AM, Jiggle_Nutz wrote:
At 5/9/04 02:14 AM, Kyzaskiwi wrote: Yeah, hostultra is driving me insane.. I work to fast for it.. And it really hates frames... Ergh..
It hates frames because they suck.

Use tables, man. Tables rock.

I use frames and tables.. Someday I will just do tables.. But I don't know how to use a target in frames to make a link load up in only one cell. I know how to do that in frames though...

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 02:49 AM Reply

At 5/9/04 12:07 AM, -ArcshinE- wrote: Well I use this service called Hostultra, it has UNLIMITED Bandwith AND Filespace.. It only has one pop-up as well!

ASnd a 1MB file size limit, no Control Panel and poor speed&downtime, along with a shitty 404 error page.

So use http://www.lifelesspeople.com - it's good.

minion002
minion002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 02:57 AM Reply

man i wonder if i should make a site

Kyzaskiwi
Kyzaskiwi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to website host May. 9th, 2004 @ 03:11 AM Reply

argh.. I am having a major tables issue.. I have a table of images, each image links to a different page except the last one.. But when I make the images a link the images get bigger for some reason making the image without a link not fit... do you understand what I am saying? I need help!