Be a Supporter!
Adoxographist
Adoxographist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 03:30 PM Reply

Not the Signless, and yet... Let's have a looksee at those cuffs.
There's got to be some sort of connection there.

Mspa Crew

Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, Erty wrote: This only proves UU is none of the trolls we've seen yet and most likely one of a whole new set of trolls.

Sorry Nepeta, I've got to fancying a new troll.

Lunaful Is Awkwardly Honest. MSPA Crew

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 04:50 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Adoxographist wrote: Not the Signless, and yet... Let's have a looksee at those cuffs.

Yeah, but think about this: The Signless only got his symbol after he died. How would he have his symbol on his cuff if he had it posthumously?

BBS Signature
Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 9th, 2012 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 33 seconds ago, Valjylmyr wrote: Yeah, but think about this: The Signless only got his symbol after he died. How would he have his symbol on his cuff if he had it posthumously?

And the fact that she is female (bleh bleh trolls have a sex)

BBS Signature
Adoxographist
Adoxographist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 11:19 AM Reply

At 18 hours ago, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 1 hour ago, Adoxographist wrote: Not the Signless, and yet... Let's have a looksee at those cuffs.
Yeah, but think about this: The Signless only got his symbol after he died. How would he have his symbol on his cuff if he had it posthumously?

Not saying it is the Signless, but there is some sort of connection.
Also, we can't forget the alpha kids and the alpha trolls are not ACTUALLY the guardians and the ancestors, in the same way that the alpha guardians are not actually the kids.

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 03:04 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, Adoxographist wrote:
Also, we can't forget the alpha kids and the alpha trolls are not ACTUALLY the guardians and the ancestors, in the same way that the alpha guardians are not actually the kids.

Well they are and aren't. Jane IS Nanna and Roxy IS Mom, but they're not literally the same people.

BBS Signature
Adoxographist
Adoxographist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 4 hours ago, Valjylmyr wrote:
Well they are and aren't. Jane IS Nanna and Roxy IS Mom, but they're not literally the same people.

Yeah, so with that in mind, it's not impossible for alpha Signless to have a symbol. This is a new universe after all!

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 10:18 PM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Adoxographist wrote:
At 4 hours ago, Valjylmyr wrote:
Yeah, so with that in mind, it's not impossible for alpha Signless to have a symbol. This is a new universe after all!

Names don't change from alpha to beta universes. The Signless is still the Signless, and with a name like the Signless, he can't have a symbol. Also, Homestuck isn't a loop. UU being the Signless heavily implies that the universe that the alpha kids make will create the beta troll session. That session scratches into Hivebent, which creates beta universe, which scratches alpha universe, which creates beta troll session. If Homestuck is a loop, that makes for a very boring and pointless story. I think UU is just a part of a completely different set of trolls.

However, on the topic of the Signless: Am I the only one who gets bothered when people call him the Sufferer? I'm aware that it's his title, however it's a posthumous title. He got it after he got his symbol, which people wore after he died. He wasn't the Sufferer until he died, so while he's alive he's the Signless. I dunno why but it bothers me.

BBS Signature
Adoxographist
Adoxographist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 12:48 AM Reply

At 2 hours ago, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 2 hours ago, Adoxographist wrote: Yeah, so with that in mind, it's not impossible for alpha Signless to have a symbol. This is a new universe after all!
Names don't change from alpha to beta universes. The Signless is still the Signless, and with a name like the Signless, he can't have a symbol. Also, Homestuck isn't a loop. UU being the Signless heavily implies that the universe that the alpha kids make will create the beta troll session. That session scratches into Hivebent, which creates beta universe, which scratches alpha universe, which creates beta troll session. If Homestuck is a loop, that makes for a very boring and pointless story. I think UU is just a part of a completely different set of trolls.

However, on the topic of the Signless: Am I the only one who gets bothered when people call him the Sufferer? I'm aware that it's his title, however it's a posthumous title. He got it after he got his symbol, which people wore after he died. He wasn't the Sufferer until he died, so while he's alive he's the Signless. I dunno why but it bothers me.

I disagree with you on that point.
We're certainly not calling Jane Nana anymore are we? She never canonically had a name until we got into the alpha universe.

With the exception of some of the Ancestors, like Mindfang or Redglare for example, a lot of their names act more as titles (The Summoner, The Disciple, The Condense) than as actual names, similar to how the guardians of the beta kids' "names" were more titles than actual names. When we got into the new universe, the former guardians were "renamed" (or rather named) in order to fit with the 4 letter naming scheme that the kids have, so I think it's extremely plausible that the ancestors could be named to fit the troll 6 letter scheme

Also, I agree with you on the point of the Signless and UU not being the same, but I still don't think it would be the best idea to write off any possible connection between the two.

Erty
Erty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 09:19 AM Reply

At 8 hours ago, Adoxographist wrote: I disagree with you on that point.
We're certainly not calling Jane Nana anymore are we? She never canonically had a name until we got into the alpha universe.

She was only called Nana because that's a common shortening for grandma. Her actual name was never revealed and so it still leaves out the possibility for her actual name to be Jane.

Bananular.

BBS Signature
Adoxographist
Adoxographist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 10:20 AM Reply

At 56 minutes ago, Erty wrote:
At 8 hours ago, Adoxographist wrote: I disagree with you on that point.
She was only called Nana because that's a common shortening for grandma. Her actual name was never revealed and so it still leaves out the possibility for her actual name to be Jane.

I agree with that, but the point still stands that the alpha trolls might not necessarily be called what the were in the beta universe.

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 10:42 AM Reply

At 18 minutes ago, Adoxographist wrote: I agree with that, but the point still stands that the alpha trolls might not necessarily be called what the were in the beta universe.

Fair enough. But there's still a lot of people who think that UU is the Signless, which, as I've already said, would imply that Homestuck is a loop. Which, personally, I think is a very pointless story.

BBS Signature
Erty
Erty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 10:51 AM Reply

At 1 minute ago, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 18 minutes ago, Adoxographist wrote: I agree with that, but the point still stands that the alpha trolls might not necessarily be called what the were in the beta universe.
Fair enough. But there's still a lot of people who think that UU is the Signless, which, as I've already said, would imply that Homestuck is a loop. Which, personally, I think is a very pointless story.

UU being The Signless would make no sense as the corresponding characters of the alpha-beta universes share physical traits, as evident from the beta kid's guardians gender and hair style is the same as that of the same characters in the alpha universe. It would only be logical this is true for the trolls as well.
From this panel we clearly see that the horns of UU does not directly resemble any of the other troll's horns.

Bananular.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 11:09 AM Reply

At 16 minutes ago, Erty wrote: From this panel we clearly see that the horns of UU does not directly resemble any of the other troll's horns.

Yeah, I made that point earlier. I don't know why so many people are still bent on UU being the Signless.

BBS Signature
Adoxographist
Adoxographist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Voice Actor
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 12:56 PM Reply

I think this discussion is stagnating.
I'm pretty sure everyone involved at the moment has agreed that UU is not the signless, so maybe it'd be best to move on to a different topic!

Ah, for those of you who don't read Andrew's tumblr, he's going to be taking a break for a few days. Here's the post explaining why!

Also, have you guys been listening to some of the music contest entries? Some of them are pretty hella sweet. Personally I really like some of the stuff I've heard for PM, but I'm sure opinions differ across the board.

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 11th, 2012 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 56 minutes ago, Adoxographist wrote: I think this discussion is stagnating.

Agreed.

Ah, for those of you who don't read Andrew's tumblr, he's going to be taking a break for a few days. Here's the post explaining why!

Hmm, must have missed that on my dash last night. No updates for a while will be painful, but then again, I survived the break before EOA5.

Also, have you guys been listening to some of the music contest entries? Some of them are pretty hella sweet. Personally I really like some of the stuff I've heard for PM, but I'm sure opinions differ across the board.

I'm not much of a fan of the entries, really. It feels like everyone is sticking to one style and frankly that's really boring.

BBS Signature
Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 08:57 AM Reply

Now excuse me if I muddy the water but will it be harder for Jane and Jake to reach god tier now they've been assassinated?

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 12th, 2012 @ 09:36 AM Reply

At 36 minutes ago, Lunaful wrote: Now excuse me if I muddy the water but will it be harder for Jane and Jake to reach god tier now they've been assassinated?

Jane did the lifey thing so hopefully her dreamself is still alive, which can then bring back Jake's. I really want to see what the Page outfit looks like so I can wait for the flood of art of god-tier Tavros.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 04:02 PM Reply

Guys, I'm already going through withdrawal. I need updates.

BBS Signature
Bommster
Bommster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 07:36 PM Reply

Oh hey there's already a MSPA crew, I won't have to make one. Yay!

At 3 hours ago, Valjylmyr wrote: Guys, I'm already going through withdrawal. I need updates.
have an update

You are jake english and dirk strideer and are makeing out everywhere

Mspa Crew

ponies

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, Bommster wrote: Oh hey there's already a MSPA crew, I won't have to make one. Yay!

At 3 hours ago, Valjylmyr wrote: Guys, I'm already going through withdrawal. I need updates.
have an update
You are jake english and dirk strideer and are makeing out everywhere

Can I put this on tumblr
I'm putting it on tumblr

BBS Signature
Bommster
Bommster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 09:25 PM Reply

At 19 minutes ago, Valjylmyr wrote: Can I put this on tumblr
I'm putting it on tumblr

Sure. Link it to me though. My tumblr is here

ponies

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 13th, 2012 @ 09:32 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Bommster wrote:
At 19 minutes ago, Valjylmyr wrote: Can I put this on tumblr
I'm putting it on tumblr
Sure. Link it to me though. My tumblr is here

I already put the picture up, but I linked your tumblr. I followed you though.

Another thingâEU"if any of you have a tumblr and want another Homestuck blog to follow, mine is here.

BBS Signature
Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 08:33 AM Reply

The prince is awake.

Your shit is wrecked.

Mspa Crew

BBS Signature
Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 07:50 PM Reply

At 11 hours ago, Lunaful wrote: The prince is awake.

Your shit is wrecked.

damn that was a pretty good animation. Really liked the music in it too.

Steam I Last.FM I TF2 Crew I MSPA Crew
"Things were never easy for me, I was born a poor black child" -Steve Martin

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 11:22 PM Reply

At 3 hours ago, Klik wrote:
At 11 hours ago, Lunaful wrote: The prince is awake.

Your shit is wrecked.
damn that was a pretty good animation. Really liked the music in it too.

The song was called Time on my Side, from the Strife! album released last year. I think Hussie said that it was released a year ago today, actually.

BBS Signature
Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 19th, 2012 @ 08:08 AM Reply

Vriska?! Fuck no eh..... Sufferers necklace.......Redglare?

Mspa Crew

BBS Signature
Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 22nd, 2012 @ 07:01 AM Reply

Seems Janes dream self is alive...... thats cool.

BBS Signature
Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:36 PM Reply

At 4 days ago, Lunaful wrote: Vriska?! Fuck no eh..... Sufferers necklace.......Redglare?

Vriska's horns so I think Mindfang.

BBS Signature
Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew Feb. 23rd, 2012 @ 05:56 PM Reply

At 16 minutes ago, Valjylmyr wrote:
At 4 days ago, Lunaful wrote: Vriska?! Fuck no eh..... Sufferers necklace.......Redglare?
Vriska's horns so I think Mindfang.

I heard that its a combo of Kanaya's and Vriska's.

BBS Signature