New Topic Respond to this Topic
Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-11-23 20:54:51 Reply

At 11/23/12 07:52 PM, Lintire wrote: You know anyone's free to specify fuckin strife specibus allocations and land names

Then make sure to have me dual wielding two mini Pikmin branded revolvers for my specibus weapons.

Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-11-25 06:34:00 Reply

At 11/23/12 07:52 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 11/23/12 07:03 PM, Klik wrote: I think I'm more of a mage of space anyway so if you're making another drawing with the canon mage outfit make sure it's 100% more black.
I've got a slyph of blood to make all pretty but yeah, sure man I'll do it.

Mage over here mofo's!

Lunaful Is Awkwardly Honest. MSPA Crew

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-11-25 12:48:59 Reply

At 11/25/12 06:34 AM, Lunaful wrote: Mage over here mofo's!

I remember there being this GIGANTIC poll of homestuck classes of the fandom (don't kid yourself, we're in it) and by far the most common classes were pages, mages, and knights. We're talking 80% here.

Pretty spread out over the aspects, though. Just some food for thought.

Now I've been wanting to post this for a while, but I thought "you know what? he might reappear and answer as to how he got his gear".
It's been 4000 pages, I think it's time:

Where the fuck did this imp get the blue getup?

Mspa Crew

Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-11-28 13:41:15 Reply

At 11/25/12 12:48 PM, Lintire wrote:
Where the fuck did this imp get the blue getup?

Inverted colour mistake ?

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-11-28 16:01:40 Reply

At 11/28/12 01:41 PM, Lunaful wrote: Inverted colour mistake ?

Good call. Though it's a shame that the one imp doesn't have like an entire backstory centering around his duds.

Also, Erisol sprite. I might have to draw some fanart of him later.

Mspa Crew

Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-03 16:03:49 Reply

At 11/28/12 04:01 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 11/28/12 01:41 PM, Lunaful wrote: Inverted colour mistake ?
Good call. Though it's a shame that the one imp doesn't have like an entire backstory centering around his duds.

Also, Erisol sprite. I might have to draw some fanart of him later.

FEFETASPRITE is better!

Mspa Crew

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-03 22:31:19 Reply

At 12/3/12 04:03 PM, Lunaful wrote: FEFETASPRITE is better!

Drew fanart of both to be on the safe side.

I still think a equius/nepeta (equnep, nepius?) sprite would have been FUCKING HILARIOUS.

Mspa Crew

Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-09 06:13:59 Reply

At 12/3/12 10:31 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 12/3/12 04:03 PM, Lunaful wrote: FEFETASPRITE is better!
I still think a equius/nepeta (equnep, nepius?) sprite would have been FUCKING HILARIOUS.

Holy shit....

Nope.jpg

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-10 04:42:39 Reply

Just finished Act 3. Still loving this so far. Does it ever go into detail as to how John, Jade, Dave, and Rose met each other? One of those many letters seemed to indicate that John met Dave and Rose through Jade, though it doesn't go into detail. So far, I have to assume they just meet one another through some online forum at some point.
Also, holy fucking shit why the hell is Jade so God damn adorable!?!?
Cuuuuuuuute!~

Gramps back there is cool too. Awesome mustache.
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-10 21:22:15 Reply

At 12/10/12 04:42 AM, Klobb17 wrote: So far, I have to assume they just meet one another through some online forum at some point.

It's never directly addressed for the B1 Kids, but the B2 Kids have that particular plot point addressed. I think that it's a move on Hussie's part to keep the amount of implied characters down, although it's a somewhat moot effort with there being over a hundred speaking characters.

Does anyone else find that the sudden jump from the entirety of homestuck taking place in period of a day, to then jumping 3 years of shit happening, somewhat jarring?

Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-10 23:51:23 Reply

At 12/10/12 09:22 PM, Lintire wrote: Does anyone else find that the sudden jump from the entirety of homestuck taking place in period of a day, to then jumping 3 years of shit happening, somewhat jarring?

I find it somewhat jarring but at least it provides some character change which I always like to see in fiction.

Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-12 13:04:02 Reply

At 12/11/12 12:21 PM, MonthlyVolatile wrote: Winter has come, kicking down the door in my home.

Okay has to be said that we have some pretty talented artists in this thread (winky face Lintire and MonthlyVolatile) we needs to do something fun around this!

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-13 00:28:20 Reply

At 12/12/12 01:04 PM, Lunaful wrote: Okay has to be said that we have some pretty talented artists in this thread (winky face Lintire and MonthlyVolatile) we needs to do something fun around this!

I've been doing a lot of homestuck related requests for some time, and have considered doing a mega picture for a while but there's no way my computer could handle that much RAM cost. I've got no ideas, but I'm up for anything.

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-13 04:18:50 Reply

This scene. I'm ALMOST positive they were referencing TimeSplitters by using the sentence "SEE YOU IN THE FUTURE, SUCKERS!!!!!", since a villain used that line in the third game in the story and character selection screen.
Made me smile a bit.

Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-13 15:30:17 Reply

At 12/13/12 12:28 AM, Lintire wrote: I've been doing a lot of homestuck related requests for some time, and have considered doing a mega picture for a while but there's no way my computer could handle that much RAM cost. I've got no ideas, but I'm up for anything.

Well, this need seized upon. Like a bear finding a bee hive, were the bees do not give a shit and will happily supply said bear with vast amounts of honey.

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-18 08:49:59 Reply

At 12/13/12 03:30 PM, Lunaful wrote: Well, this need seized upon. Like a bear finding a bee hive, were the bees do not give a shit and will happily supply said bear with vast amounts of honey.

The only thing stopping you from requesting the most ludicrous things is your own sense of dignity.

What do we think about fan-ventures? Personally, I quite like the ones that stray from Andrew Hussies universe and just use the format; here's a few:

Waterworks
A Beginner's Guide to the End of the Universe
Heinoustuck

that last one is an exception, but gosh I love the designs.

Mspa Crew

Lunaful
Lunaful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Melancholy
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-22 10:00:02 Reply

Any packages?

BBS Signature
Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-22 12:35:13 Reply

At 12/18/12 08:49 AM, Lintire wrote: Heinoustuck

What.

Mspa Crew

Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-22 12:37:24 Reply

At 12/22/12 10:00 AM, Lunaful wrote: Any packages?

This post just slipped right under me, whoops. I got my gamepack 2 which comes with the poster, some stickers, a keychain, the OTP patches and the actual game. Ironically, I got Rose and Vriska for my patches.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-24 15:49:49 Reply

At 12/22/12 12:57 PM, Provoke wrote:
At 12/22/12 12:35 PM, Klik wrote:
At 12/18/12 08:49 AM, Lintire wrote: Heinoustuck
What.
Sweet Jesus, that is creepy.

Really? I just thought it was kinda cool but not otherwise especially remarkable.

And I did dick around with the designs some, the source material (for all the kids/trolls) can be found here

Anyway, quick comment on that gif masquerading as a flash file, posted sometime back. Turns out its not the first time he's pulled that stunt.

Mspa Crew

Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-30 12:19:25 Reply

Happy one year anniversary MSPA crew, we got this far without being locked so let's go for another year.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-31 01:06:46 Reply

Merry anniversary, you absent assholes. Seriously everyone's posting about a mutual interest, and it's not exactly hard to find so many damn points to discuss. Soon as I finish my current reread (adjacent to my being an update reader), you know what I'm going to do?

Read it again.

Conjecture on what the game is going to be like? Wish list on what you want the game to be?

Honestly, when the AlterniaBound flashes came out, I was disappointed. I wanted more games in the vein of the Act 4 LOWAS walkaround. I still play that, sometimes. Just to remember the good ol' days when it seemed that sort of game was going to become a regular thing (but then the programming guy ran out of money, and Hussie's webcomic wasn't yet at a point where he could support more then one person and the rest is history).

If the Kickstarter game is just one big LOWAS walkaround, I would be so happy. Everything about that game was perfect, from messing around with the sylladex. Hell, if it improved on the combat, he wouldn't have to change a thing. I'd play that game for ages.

Also the latest sprite is by far the best. STRENGTH, and mental POWER, nothing could be better.

Mspa Crew

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-31 02:18:20 Reply

At 12/31/12 01:06 AM, Lintire wrote: Merry anniversary, you absent assholes. Seriously everyone's posting about a mutual interest, and it's not exactly hard to find so many damn points to discuss.

I swear, if I was caught up to the point you guys are at, I would be a lot more talkative about Homestuck on here. I'm afraid that will take quite a while though.

On a semi related note, talking to myself on Pesterchum is fun. I think I'm even beginning to read some of the trolls' quirks with little issue now.
YOU HEAR THAT TEREZI? I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE SAYING FINALLY! WOO!!!

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-31 03:32:12 Reply

At 12/31/12 02:18 AM, Klobb17 wrote: YOU HEAR THAT TEREZI? I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HELL YOU'RE SAYING FINALLY! WOO!!!

It was a gigantic issue for me at first, because I kept reading Terezi's in particular as "hfourhfour whfourt now?" It gets better, much better, and apart from Kankri's quirk I was able to read all of the Beforus trolls' quirks without pause.

With Kankri's I didn't bother, that guy is a douchebag.

A few links:
Recent Meenahquest flash speedrun. Don't let the name put off, seriously the most fucking hilarious thing the fandom has done outside of mailing Hussie a gigantic blue horse dildo (that actually made it into one of the flashes, and you'll notice that Mituna (the troll BASED off 4chan) is passed out next to it).

LOFAM V2 album. Recent fanmusic album, huge improvement over V1, worth checking out, and Monthly Volatile, I think you'll enjoy this one in particular.

why'd you name yourself after a girl's period, anyway?

Mspa Crew

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Mspa Crew 2012-12-31 05:56:50 Reply

At 12/31/12 05:01 AM, Provoke wrote:
At 12/31/12 02:18 AM, Klobb17 wrote: I swear, if I was caught up to the point you guys are at, I would be a lot more talkative about Homestuck on here.
Same as me, since I don't spend my usual 400 pages anymore.

And this is why I usually end up hanging around with the other parts of the fandom instead; usually 4chan, tumblr is batshit insane and obsessive in all meanings of the word. Even then HSG encourages shipping, so you can imagine how much i like it there.

On the plus side they bash you if you forget the slightest bit of canon, so I'm practically a fucking scholar by this point.

I'd like to be around more, really would, but y'all feel the need to be on the same discussion points as everyone else.

I don't mind shipping, I mind arguing about ships. Tiers of ships. It's terrible, I want to hurt people.

Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to Mspa Crew 2013-01-07 01:21:50 Reply

Whoa Daeth post a seizure warning for some users will ya?

YenMuffin
YenMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to Mspa Crew 2013-01-07 02:57:47 Reply

Hello. My name is Jerry West and I enjoy Homestuck.
My addiction started out normal like anything else but soon I found my self almost hypnotized by the Trolls. Soon I devoted my entire life to the comic, I lost my home, my family and my job; I had to start sucking dick for internet access all so I could find out who Hussie would off next.
One day I woke up in the gutter and realized where my life had ended up so I joined this crew to help me on my road to recovery.
HoNk HoNk! :O)

Mspa Crew

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure sucks ass.

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mspa Crew 2013-01-07 22:33:39 Reply

I convinced myself into trying to make one of the Homestuck characters in Soul Calibur V, and after pestering a friend to tell me their favorite, I gave Aradia a shot.
I couldn't get her hair, skirt, shirt, and probably in-general everything exactly right, but I improvised as best as I could.

Any suggestions for other characters I should try making?

Mspa Crew

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mspa Crew 2013-01-08 18:04:33 Reply

At 1/8/13 05:27 AM, Provoke wrote:
At 1/7/13 10:33 PM, Klobb17 wrote: Any suggestions for other characters I should try making?
I love this, try to make Trezei or Gamzee.

One Terezi, right up.
The shirt design and lack of similar hair in the game didn't make it easy, but overall I think I got her right. I could have made her eyes all pure red like I did with Aradia, buuuut ehhhh, I was feeling lazy. Might attempt an alternate version of her wearing that teal and red superhero costume (or ancestor gear or whatever) as well. If you're wondering, she fights with a white staff with red on the ends, almost like her cane. It seemed appropriate, since dragon-headed cane swords don't exactly exist in Soul Cal.
I might try Gamzee later, but that hair of his might be troublesome. One way to find out.

Mspa Crew

Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Mspa Crew 2013-01-08 18:10:38 Reply

At 1/8/13 06:06 PM, MonthlyVolatile wrote:
At 1/8/13 06:04 PM, Klobb17 wrote: One Terezi, right up.
what--

Oh God, I could hear that from here... Like I felt a disturbance in the Force or something.
Wait, if I felt it, then... ewwwwwww...