Be a Supporter!

Fl Core Discussion Thread

  • 3,857 Views
  • 121 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 12/30/11 05:19 AM, LightsideandLegend wrote: In the year and a half that I've been producing I've never touched 3xOsc. I don't know what life is like without Massive and Sylenth.

Lol'd. No recording of samples, since those samples did not come from FL Studio, brohemian.


BBS Signature
Decibel
Decibel
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 12:50 PM Reply

I'm taking part in this for sure!

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 01:31 PM Reply

Awww no recording..

That's okay, I'll still stomp your faces. <3

Maybe not..

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 01:39 PM Reply

FPC, Drumaxx and DrumPad are ok?

And also how about drum samples in FL (not loop) on the Browser's Pack (eg. Drum Kits and/or Vintage)?


What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 02:34 PM Reply

Had to mull it over, but I'm in. Won't be too much of a shift for me, seeing as all I use is FL core stuff. The samples I have are from Image-Line too, so HOLY SHIT SONNNNNNNNN.

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 03:09 PM Reply

I bet 3xOSC is your key instrument. :) Must know you how to use it.

I'm good with it.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 04:06 PM Reply

At 12/30/11 01:39 PM, Computer112 wrote: FPC, Drumaxx and DrumPad are ok?

And also how about drum samples in FL (not loop) on the Browser's Pack (eg. Drum Kits and/or Vintage)?

Those are all good yo


BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 04:29 PM Reply

It sucks that I can't use a bitcrusher, otherwise I totally would've smacked your faces with my 3xOsc screamerz.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 04:38 PM Reply

At 12/30/11 04:29 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: It sucks that I can't use a bitcrusher, otherwise I totally would've smacked your faces with my 3xOsc screamerz.

...

Fl Core Discussion Thread


BBS Signature
LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 12/30/11 04:38 PM, dj-Nate wrote:
At 12/30/11 04:29 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: It sucks that I can't use a bitcrusher, otherwise I totally would've smacked your faces with my 3xOsc screamerz.
...

I've always wondered when my name would be featured in an image macro series.


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 12/30/11 02:34 PM, Spikrodd wrote: Had to mull it over, but I'm in. Won't be too much of a shift for me, seeing as all I use is FL core stuff. The samples I have are from Image-Line too, so HOLY SHIT SONNNNNNNNN.

I hope your not implying your allowed to use ALL imageline sample packs......

dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 12/30/11 06:59 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 12/30/11 02:34 PM, Spikrodd wrote: Had to mull it over, but I'm in. Won't be too much of a shift for me, seeing as all I use is FL core stuff. The samples I have are from Image-Line too, so HOLY SHIT SONNNNNNNNN.
I hope your not implying your allowed to use ALL imageline sample packs......

...

Fl Core Discussion Thread


BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 12/30/11 04:29 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: It sucks that I can't use a bitcrusher, otherwise I totally would've smacked your faces with my 3xOsc screamerz.

Fruity Squeeze


p.s. i am gay

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 30th, 2011 @ 09:36 PM Reply

At 12/30/11 07:32 PM, dj-Nate wrote:
At 12/30/11 06:59 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 12/30/11 02:34 PM, Spikrodd wrote: Had to mull it over, but I'm in. Won't be too much of a shift for me, seeing as all I use is FL core stuff. The samples I have are from Image-Line too, so HOLY SHIT SONNNNNNNNN.
I hope your not implying your allowed to use ALL imageline sample packs......
...

Hey man, I'm not using them. I've started a song using only the vintage pack (essentially 808/909 kit) and that's all I'm gonna use. I know the rules and I'm not gonna break them. :P

midimachine
midimachine
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 01:23 AM Reply

At 12/30/11 09:36 PM, Spikrodd wrote: Hey man, I'm not using them. I've started a song using only the vintage pack (essentially 808/909 kit) and that's all I'm gonna use. I know the rules and I'm not gonna break them. :P

I got a whole bunch of loopmasters stuff that I wish I could use but totally can't D:


p.s. i am gay

Spikrodd
Spikrodd
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 02:40 AM Reply

And for the record, is judging gonna be based off of general aesthetic pleasure of the song, the usage of FL core elements or both? Because I can make a pretty sweet song out of minimal use of most of the elements.

aDeafBat
aDeafBat
  • Member since: Sep. 13, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 05:12 AM Reply

At 12/30/11 04:06 PM, dj-Nate wrote:
At 12/30/11 01:39 PM, Computer112 wrote: FPC, Drumaxx and DrumPad are ok?

And also how about drum samples in FL (not loop) on the Browser's Pack (eg. Drum Kits and/or Vintage)?
Those are all good yo

drumaxx doesn't come with producer edition

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Member since: May. 13, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 05:56 AM Reply

At 12/30/11 09:27 PM, midimachine wrote:
At 12/30/11 04:29 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: It sucks that I can't use a bitcrusher, otherwise I totally would've smacked your faces with my 3xOsc screamerz.
Fruity Squeeze

Good one, but I never actually use that. Seems like I have no other option now. ;_;


SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 12/31/11 05:12 AM, aDeafBat wrote: drumaxx doesn't come with producer edition

Unless I am wrong of course, but FL Studio 9 ProEd has Drumaxx.


What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
AetherX
AetherX
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 01:47 PM Reply

At 12/31/11 01:32 PM, Computer112 wrote:
At 12/31/11 05:12 AM, aDeafBat wrote: drumaxx doesn't come with producer edition
Unless I am wrong of course, but FL Studio 9 ProEd has Drumaxx.

Drumaxx is one of the Maxx synths, which also includes Poizone, Sakura, Sawer, Morphine, and Toxic Biohazard, I believe. You have to pay for all of them. The FPC and Drumpad both come with it, though.


--NG Music -- Soundcloud--
Most Recent Song: Explore Infinity <-Failed audition to NGADM!

dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 12/31/11 01:47 PM, AetherX wrote:
At 12/31/11 01:32 PM, Computer112 wrote:
At 12/31/11 05:12 AM, aDeafBat wrote: drumaxx doesn't come with producer edition
Unless I am wrong of course, but FL Studio 9 ProEd has Drumaxx.
Drumaxx is one of the Maxx synths, which also includes Poizone, Sakura, Sawer, Morphine, and Toxic Biohazard, I believe. You have to pay for all of them. The FPC and Drumpad both come with it, though.

Oh shit. Well no Drumaxx then. I have the producer ed. If I ask for your save file (.flp) and I see anything with "VSTi Name - DEMO Version" then you're fucked ;)


BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 03:01 PM Reply

So basically I just narrowed these shits that I have down:

3xOSC
DrumPad
BeepMap
FPC
the vintage kits...

This is tough!
At 12/31/11 02:32 PM, dj-Nate wrote: Oh shit. Well no Drumaxx then. I have the producer ed. If I ask for your save file (.flp) and I see anything with "VSTi Name - DEMO Version" then you're fucked ;)

mind the reverse engineering...

I'm an ethical guy, won't do it.

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
dj-Nate
dj-Nate
  • Member since: Dec. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 03:11 PM Reply

At 12/31/11 03:01 PM, Computer112 wrote: So basically I just narrowed these shits that I have down:

3xOSC
DrumPad
BeepMap
FPC
the vintage kits...

This is tough!

Not necessarily, you can use Autogun, and don't forget about WASP.


BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 03:16 PM Reply

No Maximus? DARN

Other than that, awesome. I use 3xOsc for pretty much everything. And LiquidOoze, Fruity Squeeze is the VST you want.


____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
AuruxBlu
AuruxBlu
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 03:56 PM Reply

Don't forget about WaspXT and TS404

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 05:48 PM Reply

In the packs menu I'm using percussion from the RealDrumKits drop down. That's okay right.. I mean, I don't see why not but I figured I'd ask anyway.


BBS Signature
midimachine
midimachine
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 14
Audiophile
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 07:20 PM Reply

SimSynth Live is pretty lush and underrated. WASP and XT are fantastic too. Fruity DX10 has your FM plinks and plonks down pat if you need those. And then there are a few more goodies if you look hard enough through the plugin menu....


p.s. i am gay

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Dec. 31st, 2011 @ 09:23 PM Reply

At 12/31/11 07:20 PM, midimachine wrote: SimSynth Live is pretty lush and underrated. WASP and XT are fantastic too. Fruity DX10 has your FM plinks and plonks down pat if you need those. And then there are a few more goodies if you look hard enough through the plugin menu....

Thanks for the tips!


BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Member since: Apr. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Jan. 1st, 2012 @ 03:52 PM Reply

so there's no way to use soundfonts?

ChimeraNoise
ChimeraNoise
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Fl Core Discussion Thread Jan. 1st, 2012 @ 03:55 PM Reply

At 1/1/12 03:52 PM, jpbear wrote: so there's no way to use soundfonts?

Even if there was, they don't come with FL Studio


BBS Signature