00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mitt Romney

7,984 Views | 108 Replies

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-09 02:55:06

Santorum's on the trail-blazing I guess. How very sad. Romney's the one Republican candidate who actually seems like he could be sensible once he starts to govern (I do respect Ron Paul, but his 'kill the Fed' economics doesn't seem to be very smart in the long term).

At 3 days ago, All-American-Badass wrote: He's libertarian, he pretty much tells big government to go fuck themselves. EPA, FDA? Get that shit out of there.

There's a reason we have both of those: to make sure people don't die from shit going into their water and their food. Makes sense to me, just saying. Guess I'm a 'big government democrat', I feel like some sort of dying breed nowadays with all this small government nonsense.

Nomader ('No, mad, er').

Review Request Club // Former Wi/Ht? Regular

Oh God, you're an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-09 09:44:21

At 4 days ago, joe9320 wrote:
Who's the last GOP member that stood for the Republican's original left-wing policies?

Teddy Roosevelt possibly if you mean the sort of progressive view that the party had before they switched with the Democrats.

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-09 18:34:20

At 8 hours ago, J1993 wrote:
At 4 days ago, joe9320 wrote:
Who's the last GOP member that stood for the Republican's original left-wing policies?
Teddy Roosevelt possibly if you mean the sort of progressive view that the party had before they switched with the Democrats.

No, during that time the two parties were practically the same the difference was in the voter group (i.e. whilst the Republicans had Blacks and nativists the Democrats had immigrants and Southerners), when the Progressives came in they were influencing both parties with each party trying to bring in the new group of Progressive voters into their wing. In fact Wilson's platform was the same as Roosevelt's platform except he wanted to break up trusts instead of regulate them. After WWI and the eventful year of 1919 the Republicans went to a Conservative route since now the Progressivism was tied with many negative things, but all of which usually were said to be linked with Communism which Americans hated, so by then the Republicans had become the Conservatives.

"If you don't mind smelling like peanut butter for two or three days, peanut butter is darn good shaving cream.

" - Barry Goldwater.

BBS Signature

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-14 16:00:09

At 5 days ago, joe9320 wrote: I hope Romney brings the Republicans back to the good old days before Reagan. Gingrich can go eat shit, as well as Santorum.

;;;
According to this article on Romney, the middle class (what's left of it) & the poor are fucked if he gets elected. THe author Robert Reich, who has served in 3 administrations , hasn't got much that nice to say about Romney
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/02/20122137738 240745.html

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-15 03:18:46

An interesting aside: Here's what Grover Norquist, head of the RNC recently said about Romney.

All we have to do is replace Obama. âEU¦ We are not auditioning for fearless leader. We donâEUTMt need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Ryan budget. âEU¦ We just need a president to sign this stuff. We donâEUTMt need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate.

As far as the requirement for president?

Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States. This is a change for Republicans: the House and Senate doing the work with the president signing bills. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared.

Just enough brain cells to do what he's told.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-17 00:47:47

Rick Perry is voted for by the idiot? I think you are forgetting that the GOP is primarily for political idiots.

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-19 00:07:15

It looks like the "let Detroit go bankrupt" speech is coming back to haunt Romney. If he loses Michigan, his home state, that's all we'll hear about until Super Tuesday. I'd kinda like the Republican primaries to draw out. I live in PA, so I'd like to be important. But that's just me.

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-19 15:26:11

At 44 minutes ago, RightWingGamer wrote: "birth control harms women."

With this kind of statement, he could be Pope, and believe that condoms cause AIDS.

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-19 20:44:53

At 17 hours ago, RightWingGamer wrote: Well, after Santorum's contraception gaffe, it looks like I'm a Romney supporter now.

And that 'gaffe' is relevant how?

wolf piss

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-19 22:43:15

At 19 hours ago, RightWingGamer wrote: Well, after Santorum's contraception gaffe, it looks like I'm a Romney supporter now.

the prophets were right, Stockholm syndrome in action.

ya hear about the guy who put his condom on backwards? He went.

BBS Signature

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-19 23:57:59

At 33 minutes ago, Davoo wrote: Sorry, anybody to whom this is a newsflash; but yes, making more people is the point of sex. While there is some gray area in this, it's a completely rational philosophical standpoint.

It's hardly the only point of sex. By that same token you could say that guys shouldn't ever masturbate, because you're not supposed to ejaculate sperm unless it's for procreational purposes, because that's the point of ejaculation, right?

It is a silly position to take, in my view, but as long as it's only his personal views and doesn't affect his policy decisions at all, then I don't mind. This is what Santorum claims to be the case, but frankly, I don't believe him. If a bill that severely limits the availability of birth control was to appear before him as President, do I trust him to do the right thing and veto it? Not in the slightest.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-20 21:49:44

I think the 2012 GOP has a similar situation the 2004 Democrats did: field of weak candidates, but they'll ultimately settle on someone. The Dems settled on Kerry much quicker though. Kerry was Dukakis without the intelligence or the charisma though. Makes me wonder what Romney is.

The elites of the GOP know what people are focused on: jobs and the economy. Romney has stuck to those issues and steered clear of social ones, which Santorum dove into headfirst. Santorum's views on these issues turn off a lot of moderates and independents though, so he's a much weaker candidate for the general election.

As for me, I'm torn. I don't like Santorum, Romney or Obama so I'm not sure what I'll do. But I have until November and who knows what will happen.

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-21 09:01:03

At 7 hours ago, Davoo wrote: Stuff about Obama.

You really need to get some of your facts and perspective in order there son.

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-21 19:31:16

At 17 hours ago, Davoo wrote: however I see Obamacare as a fucking piano hanging from a rope about ready to fall and land on the country's head. I just think it's the most important thing we need to take on right now.

Take this to one of the many health care threads. I would love to hear more of your opinion on this. (not sarcasm)

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-22 23:03:41

At 1 day ago, Camarohusky wrote:
At 17 hours ago, Davoo wrote: however I see Obamacare as a fucking piano hanging from a rope about ready to fall and land on the country's head. I just think it's the most important thing we need to take on right now.
Take this to one of the many health care threads. I would love to hear more of your opinion on this. (not sarcasm)

Where can I find one?

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-23 15:11:40

I don't know much about Mitt Romney nor all the other canaidates but the one thing I do know for certain...

Because no woman is running for President then originally predicted, Obama is sure going to be re-elected for another term, is this is what you want, is Obama you want to be re-elected for another term for his presidency?

Those who prevented Sarah Palin from running for President of the United States will one day know that they postponed a prophecy originally meant to take place, and postponing a prophecy originally meant to take place can result in serious consequences in it's wake!

Why I say this? A lot of people only wanted President Obama to serve just one term and Sarah Palin in turn is originally meant to be elected President in 2012, but something has changed, something that has prevented her from running for President.

In any case, I said before and I say again, the prophecy I was once given WAY before Barack Obama and Sarah Palin became known is this...

"An African American will one day become President of the United States and an American Woman will one day become President of the United States sometime afterwords."

This is all I was given as a prophecy, nothing more and nothing less, why you ask? Pure and simple, it was all I was given, no names, no dates, nothing else, just that prophecy and when Barack Obama and Sarah Palin finally showed up, it became clear to me they where meant to be.

What dose this have to do with Mitt Romney and the other male candidates? They won't win because it isn't meant for them but should Obama win, then rest assured Sarah Palin will run and win the 2016 elections and in the year 2020, you will see a young native American decedent run for President of the United States.

Why I say this? Because it's already at the point where even Sarah Palin and Barack Obama must know the prophecy and why they are connected to it.

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-24 18:36:08

At 1 day ago, Thecrazyman wrote: I don't know much about Mitt Romney nor all the other canaidates but the one thing I do know for certain...

Because no woman is running for President then originally predicted, Obama is sure going to be re-elected for another term, is this is what you want, is Obama you want to be re-elected for another term for his presidency?

Those who prevented Sarah Palin from running for President of the United States will one day know that they postponed a prophecy originally meant to take place, and postponing a prophecy originally meant to take place can result in serious consequences in it's wake!

I see crazy people.

Why I say this? A lot of people only wanted President Obama to serve just one term and Sarah Palin in turn is originally meant to be elected President in 2012, but something has changed, something that has prevented her from running for President.

Unfortunately, Obama betrayed the Democrats by caving in to the demands of Republicans and fundamentalist Christians. Seeing as so many people become disillusioned with both parties... I don't know.

In any case, I said before and I say again, the prophecy I was once given WAY before Barack Obama and Sarah Palin became known is this...

"An African American will one day become President of the United States and an American Woman will one day become President of the United States sometime afterwords."

Well, that prophecy in the first part was true, but the current candidates are all White Anglo-Saxon fundamental Protestants (except Romney, who is a member of the LDS).

What dose this have to do with Mitt Romney and the other male candidates? They won't win because it isn't meant for them but should Obama win, then rest assured Sarah Palin will run and win the 2016 elections and in the year 2020, you will see a young native American decedent run for President of the United States.

The fundamental Christians and Republicans didn't do anything when they were in power except wage two wars and ran further to debt. But when Obama came in, they started bitching about the Democrats already, because they weren't in power. Such greedy, rich, hypocritical c%^ts, the fundies are.

Why I say this? Because it's already at the point where even Sarah Palin and Barack Obama must know the prophecy and why they are connected to it.

I still like Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven Riven!

BBS Signature

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-24 23:48:29

Romney has no opinion. Santorum has no brain. Gingrich has no soul. Paul has no chance.

Republicans in a nutshell.

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to Mitt Romney 2012-02-27 02:16:54

Mitt's not going to be president.

If you lived thru the pandemic this is your wake up call to stop being a shithead.