New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chumbawamba
Chumbawamba
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Audiophile
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Dec. 21st, 2011 @ 01:48 PM Reply

At 12/21/11 08:38 AM, Occupy wrote: Ian McKellen and Stephen Fry.

That's all.

Hell yeah, that's why I'm seeing it.

And the fact that it's a good book, I guess.

BBS Signature
FlashBrony
FlashBrony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Dec. 21st, 2011 @ 02:51 PM Reply

I love the book, but I'd bet my life that I will fucking hate that movie. From what I can see, it won't follow the book. At all.

kcnh
kcnh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Dec. 21st, 2011 @ 03:29 PM Reply

I am looking forward to seeing this film, I hope it will be like the first LOTR film, because I enjoyed that one the most. :)

Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Dec. 21st, 2011 @ 03:29 PM Reply

Next December?

Fucking gay.

ok

BBS Signature
Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Dec. 21st, 2011 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 12/21/11 02:51 PM, FlashBrony wrote: I love the book, but I'd bet my life that I will fucking hate that movie. From what I can see, it won't follow the book. At all.

The Lord Of The Rings movies followed the books well enough, and since it has the same people involved in this one I am sure that it will also not stray TOO far from the book.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 07:29 PM Reply

Second trailer. Shows quite a bit more.

Anyone know who the person at 1:14 is? I don't think it's Beorn, since he's supposed to be big as hell, but I have no idead who else it would be.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 08:16 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 07:29 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Second trailer. Shows quite a bit more.

Anyone know who the person at 1:14 is? I don't think it's Beorn, since he's supposed to be big as hell, but I have no idead who else it would be.

I think it's Radagast.

I don't think Beorn will be in the first movie. Though I could be wrong.

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 09:01 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 08:16 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
At 9/19/12 07:29 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Second trailer. Shows quite a bit more.

I think it's Radagast.

Ah, yes it is. Beorn's wizard friend as I read on wikipedia. I remember him from the book, just not by name. Apparently his role has bee "greatly extended" in the movie.

I really hopw Jackson doesn't add too much to the movie, but just a bit is fine.

Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 09:41 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 09:01 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: Ah, yes it is. Beorn's wizard friend as I read on wikipedia. I remember him from the book, just not by name. Apparently his role has bee "greatly extended" in the movie.

I really hopw Jackson doesn't add too much to the movie, but just a bit is fine.

Well, after looking on IMDB for the actor that plays Beorn, I gotta say he looks exactly like the guy I saw in the trailer (mostly his eyes, actually).

So I guess I was wrong, it IS in fact Beorn, haha.

Though I was happy they gave Radagast his intended role in the story. If you read the many unfinished stories of Tolkien, there's a part where Gandalf tells Merry, Gimly, Pippin, Sam and Frodo about the details of Bilbo's journey, and there's a part about Radagast.

TheRedRocks
TheRedRocks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 09:45 PM Reply

At 12/20/11 11:17 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote: For all you LOTR fans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0k3kHtyo qc

Am currently reading this book..

for the 10th time..

do you ever listen to your self talk!

BBS Signature
Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 10:19 PM Reply

So the cast includes The 7th Doctor, Sherlock and Watson.

It is the year of the nerds.

You fucking people make me sick Chat:http://tlk.io/newgrounds "The big bang theory is top notch anime"-Amaranthus.

BBS Signature
tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 10:57 PM Reply

I sadly, never read the Hobbit but I read the trilogy of Lord of the Rings.

I've already heard people complaining they noticed it's not like the book just from seeing the trailer. Anyone think the same? I never really heard what's different. I want to read the book though since I have plenty of time.

BBS Signature
Nebula
Nebula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Movie Buff
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 11:03 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 10:57 PM, Tarah wrote: I sadly, never read the Hobbit but I read the trilogy of Lord of the Rings.

I've already heard people complaining they noticed it's not like the book just from seeing the trailer. Anyone think the same? I never really heard what's different. I want to read the book though since I have plenty of time.

People like that are usually nitpicky fanboys.

You fucking people make me sick Chat:http://tlk.io/newgrounds "The big bang theory is top notch anime"-Amaranthus.

BBS Signature
Denton
Denton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Gamer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 03:30 AM Reply

Nice trailer i'm looking forward to this

It's impossible to use the bathroom in Denton's house, as not even his toilet paper takes shit from anyone.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 12:21 PM Reply

I remember seeing that, but really only because it had more 10 million views on YouTube, which is a lot for a trailer. I can't help but remmeber how Cracked made this stupid list about reasons Hollywood should stop making prequels and I know laugh at it, because there's no way someone as talented as Peter Jackson will screw this up. Besides, even if he does, we already have a good prequel in the form of "X-Men: First Class".

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 01:46 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 10:57 PM, Tarah wrote: Anyone think the same? I never really heard what's different.

Tons of minor details. The costumes and props that have been released so far seriously suck compared to those from the LOTR movies. It's been too long since I read the book (I was like in second or third grade?) so I can't name specific ones but I've discussed it plenty on other forums. My expectations have gone down significantly since I posted this trailer.

But then again, the LOTR rings weren't true to the book either and they were good movies so you never know.

Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 9/20/12 01:46 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote: But then again, the LOTR rings weren't true to the book either and they were good movies so you never know.

I have strong hopes in this movie from a cinematographic perspective, from the atmosphere given by filters to the professional camerawork you would never think of. I expect nothing but the best acting and editing as the first three films featured. Personally, my personal favorite movie in the franchise would have been the unrelated Hobbit cartoon movie not many people seemed to enjoy.

I enjoyed the singing, I enjoyed how much of a badass motherfucker Smaug was; he just wasn't a dragon, he was more of a gigantic malicious human with wings. And I enjoyed the implied atmosphere of everything. You could tell orcs were trouble by looking at them, they were tanks of a monster. And then you could tell the orcs were about to cause serious shit, by the music slowly changing. And then there comes Gandalf with the eagles, the artistic tones (background, music, ect.) slowly lighten up.

I saw the 1977 cartoon movie, I saw all three LOTR films, and I have no idea what to expect. I suspect they will change the story on some parts, probably leave behind some things, and that it won't follow suit of the 1977 movie. But I can always hope. The first three LOTR films weren't fully true to the book either.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 10:57 PM, Tarah wrote: I sadly, never read the Hobbit but I read the trilogy of Lord of the Rings.

It's been long since I read the book, but I think I do recognize most of the scenes from the trailer.

Also, I really don't think you can tell how much a trilogy of films is going to be like the book just by looking at a two minutes long trailer.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 12 July 2014)

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 04:38 PM Reply

To all the people complaining the movie will not be exactly like the book:

The book is a children's book, and just like LOTR, the battles aren't detailed, and many events are left aside.

Yes, there's tons of stuff in the movie that isn't in the book, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen in the story. Read all of Tolkien's unfinished books and tales. A lot of the "added stuff" is actually form the Silmarillion or from The Unfinished Tales and Legends.

I'm a huge Tolkien fan, and I don't even care if Peter Jackson makes up scenes, if it'll make the movie better. I mean, even the Silmarillion wasn't officially released by JRRT.

Boohoo.

Entice
Entice
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 06:08 PM Reply

At 9/20/12 04:38 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Boohoo.

In LOTR there were more discrepancies than "scenes not explicitly stated in the book added in".

They left out the scouring of the Shire; changed Saruman's death; and depicted the worgs, orc, and uruk-hai incorrectly.
Also if I recall correctly Sting wasn't supposed to be the only blade in the film that glowed when orc were near but they wanted to make it unique in the film or something. There's more but like I said I don't know them off the top of my head.

The first too are major plot points that were changed or just left out. The rest are forgivable but still, come on.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 06:14 PM Reply

Old news to me. I liked lord of the rings but not enough to check out it's prequel. It's directed by Peter Jackson so I know it's gonna be an automatic blockbuster.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 06:20 PM Reply

At 9/20/12 06:08 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote:
At 9/20/12 04:38 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Boohoo.
In LOTR there were more discrepancies than "scenes not explicitly stated in the book added in".

They left out the scouring of the Shire; changed Saruman's death; and depicted the worgs, orc, and uruk-hai incorrectly.
Also if I recall correctly Sting wasn't supposed to be the only blade in the film that glowed when orc were near but they wanted to make it unique in the film or something. There's more but like I said I don't know them off the top of my head.

The first too are major plot points that were changed or just left out. The rest are forgivable but still, come on.

True. Glamdring was supposed to glow. I was always quite disappointed about that. What's stupid is that they will probably make it glow in this movie.

The orcs, I can live with.

Cleansing of the Shire, I was pretty mad, but the movie's already 3 hours long. Would've been 5 hours, extended version, if they added the scouring. Saruman's death pretty much sucked, but I've seen worse.

You're right, you all stated a few of the things that annoyed me in LOTR (not to forget no Tom Bombadil, old Forest, Wraiths, Haldir showing up in Helm's deep, etc.). But whatever. They can't just take the book and turn it into a movie. It's an interpretation, after all.

Lucy
Lucy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Melancholy
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 06:45 PM Reply

I am really looking forward to this, hopefully its going to live up to my expectations. Which are not very high at the minute, so it better exceed them.

Release your inner crazy.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

At 9/20/12 06:08 PM, GuerrilleroHeroico wrote:
At 9/20/12 04:38 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
They left out the scouring of the Shire; changed Saruman's death;

You have to think like a marketing person. The ring being destroyed was played up the whole trilogy, and people who haven't read the book expect it to be the climax. The scouring of the Shire (though great in the book) would seem lame and filler to movie goers.

It's been said, but it is an interpretation, not a word for word remake (though three movies for the Hobbit better be pretty much word for word and then some extra to be worth three movie tickets).

benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Game Developer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 20th, 2012 @ 11:19 PM Reply

Wow I am surprised at how good it looked considering it was shot at 60fps or whatever it was. I thought it was going to look really bad shot at such a high frame-rate. This might change cinema. I couldn't even tell it wasn't 24p.

wreckr
wreckr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Game Developer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 07:10 PM Reply

I can not wait until this comes out. I hear they are making 3 of them too? Always eager for some more Lord of the Rings.

BBS Signature
tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to The Hobbit First Hd Trailer Sep. 21st, 2012 @ 07:47 PM Reply

This trailer actually convinces me it can be a truly masterful prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I enjoyed the book of The Hobbit so hey, why not this.

BBS Signature