00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cookie options not changing??

381 Views | 6 Replies

Cookie options not changing?? 2011-12-12 18:01:31

Okay. I am using IE 7 on windows xp. I always keep the settings of my privacy under Internet options as "Medium" for my cookies.

When you go to Tools, Internet Options, Privacy and Settings you pretty much see that they ask you what kind of cookies you allow or not allow through, such as third-party cookies, etc.

I usually have it on medium or medium high since I have having those annoying cookies randomly popping out.

Anyway, I got a virus which is one of those phoney windows "anti-virus" warnings, like Privacy Protection (This one I got).

I usually don't get these viruses cause I always set my Settings on med-high but when I went to my options to check, apparently it was on "Accept All Cookies" which was strange cause I never put it up. So I got rid of the virus and switched it back to med-high settings in cookies.

Soon after however, I got the virus again, and when I went to Privacy, Once Again, I had it on "Accept all cookies". I didn't know how it was going on default.

So I checked to see what's wrong. Whenever I switch it to medium-high I put apply and ok to make sure it would stay there. When I exit out of internet explorers and go to the privacy setting, it switched back to "Accept All Cookies".

So whenver I open a new Internet Explorers especially after exiting out and putting in "Medium High" Privacy, it switches to "Accept all cookies" as it's default, but no matter how much I change it it stays like that. I don't know if its corruption or if there is a way to work this out. I tried looking into various websites on google but none of them talked about the problem I was having.

Thank you for the replies.

Response to Cookie options not changing?? 2011-12-12 18:02:24

At 12/12/11 06:01 PM, Metropcs wrote: Okay. I am using IE 7

I found your problem.

Response to Cookie options not changing?? 2011-12-12 18:06:39

Okay here's your problem

After you bake a cookie you can't change what kind it is.

BBS Signature

Response to Cookie options not changing?? 2011-12-12 18:07:54

At 12/12/11 06:02 PM, Occupy wrote:
At 12/12/11 06:01 PM, Metropcs wrote: Okay. I am using IE 7
I found your problem.

Is there something about IE that's making it so that there is automatic default in an option in cookies?

Or is it the program itself?

Response to Cookie options not changing?? 2011-12-12 18:10:35

Download a good browser like FireFox!

BBS Signature

Response to Cookie options not changing?? 2011-12-12 18:19:28

At 12/12/11 06:10 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: Download a good browser like FireFox!

So I just need to click the download right?

I apologize I'm not from America and I'm not much of a computer person. I use IE because some of the things at my school require it and they usually don't work for firefox.