00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Piss Christ Controversy

4,975 Views | 47 Replies

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-13 21:07:59

Seriously the Society we live in today and the secularists who push for it need to get off their high horse. There is so much hate towards religion it's disgusting really. You wouldn't go over a friends house and call his mom a slut to his face simply because you don't like her or prefer your mom (belief) over his.

There's little to no respect for it anymore and even among religious. This isn't "art", the World is broken into to parts, the practical and theoretical. I believe we will be a better society on the whole when we learn to stop separating the two.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should, this douchebag thinks he's an artist simply by being 'controversial' when in practice an art must require skill and some stylistic, and creative decisions. The theory is you can express what ever you want in art and that it is subjective. When you merge the two you see this is only theoretical.

Anyone can piss on a crucifix, and if this guy is also taking a picture of his jizz then, no, he's not an artist, just some twisted fuck.

In that case, Ass-Bangers 7 is art, yet you'll hear no one call it as such.

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-13 21:31:27

At 12/13/11 12:26 AM, Anti-pie wrote: Is there a meaning behind it? Is he trying to say something? Just pulling this out of my ass but maybe it represents how Christians are always pissing allover their own religion.

Yeah, I think this guy just thinks he's really pretentious.

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-13 21:53:47

At 12/13/11 09:38 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 12/13/11 09:07 PM, Lumber-Jax12 wrote: There's little to no respect for it anymore and even among religious.
Religion does not respect the minds of children, the lives and rights of women, or humanity as a whole. Why should humans respect religion when it won't show them the same courtesy?

Religion is not forced onto others, that's problem and excuse many people put up today, you don't have to follow religion if you don't want to. Has it ever occurred to you, that you're idea of this "brain-washing" is forced onto us everyday in every field of life besides religion?

It's called expressing your opinion, and telling others your values or ideals isn't forced, especially since you have the option of choosing not to. You wouldn't call a commercial a "brain-wash", but it's acting in the same way you call religion, it forces it's ideals onto you, but again you don't have to follow it.

This isn't "art"
Art is self-expression through a creative medium. This photograph fits that description. It is art.

Art is the product or process of deliberately arranging items (often with symbolic significance) in a way that influences and affects one or more of the senses, emotions, and intellect

Next time actually look up the definition and understand it before you make-up one yourself.

the World is broken into to parts, the practical and theoretical.
The world has always been separated into parts, and to claim that there are just two "main" parts is far too reductive, especially considering that the whole "spiritual world" insists on placing itself above and beyond the limitations of theory and practice.

Spiritual is neither, an atheist telling me what spirituality seems like an oxymoron. Religion isn't some idea in the sky, for one to follow a faith/religion, they must add it in all regions of their daily life, therefore it becomes part of the theoretical, and practical. And thats not just the church's idea of it. That's the definition of a religion, in case you still want to use word-play.

Also, I'm sure had the picture been one of darwin bowing to God, or crossing himself, you yourself would have been up-in-arms. So don't try and pass this off as you being neutral, not one person reading this thread will buy that bullshit.

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-13 21:54:44

I fucking love it.

q

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-13 22:56:25

okay, if you're seriously going to disregard everything by saying "I don't care" or "I'm wrong" than this argument is over, no point in me wasting time on some one who is clearly and ignorantly attached to a view point.

Also, I've yet to see the symbolic meaning in this other than being a pretentious dick, so his cum-shot has meaning also?

And last, you claim religion is passed onto us through "brain-washing" (saying it has been 'forced' to us by our parents) is simply a lacking argument. I've been told not to smoke by hundreds of Parents/ higher/older figures in my life, and lied to by those retarded advert's and countless of other influences that perfectly fit you're idea about 'forcing belief'.

I do it almost every other weekend, I guess that was really forced onto me, huh? And while we're at it let's just assume EVERY religion preaches you MUST blindly follow the faith without questions.

Let me ask you when is the last time you so much as participated in a religious event. Because if all religion was is blindly following a set of rules, than there would be no use of a theology study for religious people would there?

Again stop with the "Religion has no thought" bandwagon, maybe once in a while you should actually consider using intellect with your arguments rather than following what has been said countless times before so blindly (hmmmm sounds familiar, doesn't it, guess that always questioning intellect has really separated you from us "religious-cattle/sheep who simply others)

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 00:21:59

I remember reading about this from my psychology or sociology book back in like 2009. Yeah its pretty disgusting

Are you not Entertained ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 00:33:33

this is not art, its not even offensive, its just stupid

BBS Signature

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 00:33:52

I love all the tasteless people calling this art. I seriously doubt they would be saying the same thing if I took a picture of a lynched black man or muhammad, submerged it in piss and called it art.

The black community, the NAACP, and/or the muslims would be all over me and the phrase "It's my art" would not protect me.

But because it's attacking Christians it's ok.

Hypocrisy in it's simplest form.

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 00:37:22

At 12/14/11 12:33 AM, StCyril wrote: I love all the tasteless people calling this art. I seriously doubt they would be saying the same thing if I took a picture of a lynched black man or muhammad, submerged it in piss and called it art. The black community, the NAACP, and/or the muslims would be all over me and the phrase "It's my art" would not protect me.But because it's attacking Christians it's ok.

Hypocrisy in it's simplest form.

Invalid comparison. Lynchings of black people are events that really did occur in the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries in the United States.

Magical crucifixion of some guy in the middle east 2000 years ago, on the other hand...

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 00:38:33

At 12/14/11 12:37 AM, LardLord wrote: Invalid comparison. Lynchings of black people are events that really did occur in the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries in the United States.

Magical crucifixion of some guy in the middle east 2000 years ago, on the other hand...

So... you're going to tell me that people were not crucified by the romans 2000 years ago, despite the evidence otherwise?

Or is it just ok because it wasn't more recent.

Notice you said nothing about muhammad.

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 00:44:17

At 12/14/11 12:38 AM, StCyril wrote: So... you're going to tell me that people were not crucified by the romans 2000 years ago, despite the evidence otherwise?

What I said was one guy was not magically crucified. Sure, normal people were. That's not the issue, though.

Or is it just ok because it wasn't more recent.

To some extent yes. What non-retarded person cares about fictional magic man from 2000 years ago. Nobody, that's who. As compared to truly persecuted people within the last 100 years. People who have living direct ancestors, etc.

Don't care about that lame religion.

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 00:48:10

At 12/14/11 12:44 AM, LardLord wrote:
What I said was one guy was not magically crucified. Sure, normal people were. That's not the issue, though.

I think it goes along with the issue, very much so.

To some extent yes. What non-retarded person cares about fictional magic man from 2000 years ago. Nobody, that's who. As compared to truly persecuted people within the last 100 years. People who have living direct ancestors, etc.

Oh ok, so all Christians are retarded how classy of you. "You don't believe the same thing I do, so you must not be intelligent.

I seem to recall a man by the name of Adolf Hitler making the same arguments, look how he turned out.

Don't care about that lame religion.

God doesn't believe in punk-ass athiests, therefore you don't exist.

Have a glorious day.

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 00:49:10

this is just a hate thread with uncreative people will stupid ideas

BBS Signature

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 00:56:01

At 12/14/11 12:48 AM, StCyril wrote: I think it goes along with the issue, very much so.

You would be wrong. Fictional magic man was not magically crucified, which makes "him" different from real people who were actually murdered because white assholes in the southern united states felt like it.

Oh ok, so all Christians are retarded how classy of you. "You don't believe the same thing I do, so you must not be intelligent.

Hey, no other way to explain the irrational belief in fictional magic man along w/ magical resurrection.

I seem to recall a man by the name of Adolf Hitler making the same arguments, look how he turned out.

That fella was as retarded as Christians and white southerners in his delusional belief system. In fact, if you look at his current base of support it trends toward white rednecks in the south.

God doesn't believe in punk-ass athiests, therefore you don't exist.

I do exist, though, because I'm responding to you. When was the last time fictional magic man talked to you on the BBS?

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 01:01:55

At 12/14/11 12:56 AM, LardLord wrote: You would be wrong. Fictional magic man was not magically crucified, which makes "him" different from real people who were actually murdered because white assholes in the southern united states felt like it.

He wasn't magically crucified. He was taken, nailed to a cross with metal nails and then hung in place. Also, the roman empire captured many of the witnesses to Jesus' crucifixion and resurection and were given a choice; Deny it ever happened, or be executed. Who in their right mind would sacrifice themselves for something they knew to be false?

Hey, no other way to explain the irrational belief in fictional magic man along w/ magical resurrection.

That's it, I'm done here. This guy is a textbook biggot. I'll have you know I'm a christian. Not only am I a christian, I'm supposedly the worst kind of Christian: A Catholic. I'll tell you something else too, people who believe in God are not retarded. People who kill or do other forms of harm to another in his name... yeah I'll give you that. But to blanket everyone who believes in something as retarded is in and of itself retarded.

That fella was as retarded as Christians and white southerners in his delusional belief system. In fact, if you look at his current base of support it trends toward white rednecks in the south.

And you are acting just like him.

I do exist, though, because I'm responding to you. When was the last time fictional magic man talked to you on the BBS?

As I can't see much (if any) proof that manhood exists on you at all, I'm gonna say right now.

Good night to you,

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 01:07:05

At 12/14/11 01:05 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 12/14/11 01:01 AM, StCyril wrote: welp i'm being persecuted for mah belief in jeebus wahhhh
Stop playing the victim card. If your beliefs are so delicate and fragile that you can't handle basic straightforward criticism maybe you should re-evaluate your religion and see it for the lies and nonsense it really is.

Blacks are n1gers (Can't even post the word!) UNACCEPTABLE

Christians are retards ACCEPTABLE

Hypocrisy all around

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-14 01:10:53

At 12/14/11 01:01 AM, StCyril wrote: He wasn't magically crucified. He was taken, nailed to a cross with metal nails and then hung in place. Also, the roman empire captured many of the witnesses to Jesus' crucifixion and resurection and were given a choice; Deny it ever happened, or be executed. Who in their right mind would sacrifice themselves for something they knew to be false?

If he wasn't magically crucified, then how did he magically resurrect? I doesn't matter because magic doesn't exist, and neither did magical mystery man.

That's it, I'm done here. This guy is a textbook biggot. I'll have you know I'm a christian. Not only am I a christian, I'm supposedly the worst kind of Christian: A Catholic. I'll tell you something else too, people who believe in God are not retarded. People who kill or do other forms of harm to another in his name... yeah I'll give you that. But to blanket everyone who believes in something as retarded is in and of itself retarded.

The only thing that's retarded is being retarded. Killing people is definitely retarded. So is believing in magic.

And you are acting just like him.

No thanks, I don't think I have the will or desire to kill 6 million people. After all, I'm not retarded.

As I can't see much (if any) proof that manhood exists on you at all, I'm gonna say right now.

Okay

Good night to you,

Good night

Response to The Piss Christ Controversy 2011-12-21 14:20:44

I still havn't seen a single nay sayer say anything besides, "this is christian bashing waaah"

And yet no reply to Sister Wendy's appraisal, while she doesn't necessarily enjoy the viewing of it, she admits it is art in a sort of magaziney type of way, depicting the lack of reverence the world (including christians) have for Jesus.