New Topic Respond to this Topic
TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:12:07 Reply

The midnight deadline has passed. Nothing much happened other than a drunk guy tried to start a fight.

Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:26:25 Reply

Some occupiers got in a brawl with some anti-occupy hecklers.

Things are heating up, no police arrests though I don't think.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
Mantinziza
Mantinziza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:42:51 Reply

Just a bunch of people dancing to music, looks like a giant party to me.

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:47:50 Reply

At 12/9/11 12:42 AM, Mantinziza wrote: Just a bunch of people dancing to music, looks like a giant party to me.

Yeah... apparently the cops are standing around without any clue what to do. (I've been texting my friend whose there, I live in MA and whatnot)

I never guaranteed that violence and bloodshed would pursue.

Technically, it could still happen any minute...

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
Mantinziza
Mantinziza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:50:44 Reply

I never guaranteed that violence and bloodshed would pursue.

Technically, it could still happen any minute...

Dude, ive got a baaad feeling about this

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:52:47 Reply

At 12/9/11 12:50 AM, Mantinziza wrote: Dude, ive got a baaad feeling about this

According to fox news, approx. 1100 people there - maybe 200-250 cops.

So yeah, i'm going to keep watching.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
Mantinziza
Mantinziza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:58:01 Reply

time going past its deadline is like a rubberband, the longer it goes the more shit is released.

I dont know what to do anymore, this reminds me of egypt so much.

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 01:15:04 Reply

Oh yeah, a bunch of liberal fucks standing around a park because they have no lives and honestly think they're going to make a difference, this shit is so stupid it's almost funny but just too damn pathetic to laugh at. Liberal fucks are going to get a bill passed through that will change hardly anything at all, declare it a victory, and go home so they can bitch about the next "crisis of humanity". And that's a best case scenario. Like all this shit hasn't happened before.

The most likely thing to happen is that these liberal fucks will stay for one or two months (the more hard core idiots will last longer) and then disband after they get tired of sleeping on a lawn when no one is listening. Why? Nobody cares, they keep fucking saying "we are the 99%" but they are such a fucking minority. Them and their little hippy bastards make up less than one percent of EVERYONE. I mean seriously. Just because you're an angsty 20 something peace loving idealist doesn't make you right, do you see real people with real jobs and real families out there? Fuck no, they understand that America has been running off of the sweat and blood of workers like them for over a hundred years. There will always be someone richer and more successful than you who gets a bigger break, that's fucking life. Deal with it.

You want to know who the REAL 99% are? The fucking working people, the ones out there flipping burgers, the ones out there going through accouting books, the ones out there running a construction site. Those working people who are working FOR the rich people you oppose aren't complaining, it's their job, their salary, you don't exactly have the right to speak for them. You want to make a fucking difference? Get a job, make a living and be happy. Become a fucking productive member of society you piece of shit know nothing bastards. You're just rat poison to society and would probably be better off dead anyways. So why don't you go occupy Hell?

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Mfan
Mfan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 01:19:31 Reply

At 12/9/11 01:15 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: So why don't you go occupy Hell?

Bravo, This man knows where it's at

i applauded the end of your fantastic post irl

i could not have said any of that better

be proud

Republican

Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 01:20:33 Reply

At 12/9/11 01:15 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: You want to make a fucking difference? Get a job, make a living and be happy. Become a fucking productive member of society you piece of shit know nothing bastards.

Except there aren't any jobs to take in the current climate, you speak of them knowing nothing without looking at the rising unemployment figures.

If banks lended to small businesses, they could hire more people or even if larger companies put jobs out there, then unemployment would fall but banks and big businesses are holding onto their money, they don't want to risk it in a recession.

There are legitimate problems with our economic system and mass unemployment around the world, or did you forget that?

Mfan
Mfan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 01:29:16 Reply

At 12/9/11 01:20 AM, Little-Rena wrote:

Except there aren't any jobs to take in the current climate, you speak of them knowing nothing without looking at the rising unemployment figures.

that's bullshit, these people just don't want to do dirty work ( any blue collar job and food industry)

McDonald's is always hiring , the job may not be fantastic, but it's better then living in a tent for months on end , also don't forget to apply to the custodian job

If banks lended to small businesses, they could hire more people or even if larger companies put jobs out there, then unemployment would fall but banks and big businesses are holding onto their money, they don't want to risk it in a recession.

i'm sick of people blaming the banks "oh the banks won't do this" or "the banks wont lend me that ", you don't have the collateral , you aren't considered fiscally sound enough to repay the loan, then fuck you , close your stupid little business and get a real job in a corporation , they need janitors too

There are legitimate problems with our economic system and mass unemployment around the world, or did you forget that?

and it's only because people refuse to do certain types of work

Republican

Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 01:42:01 Reply

At 12/9/11 01:29 AM, Mfan wrote: that's bullshit, these people just don't want to do dirty work ( any blue collar job and food industry)

McDonald's is always hiring , the job may not be fantastic, but it's better then living in a tent for months on end , also don't forget to apply to the custodian job

Here in jolly old England, there are 3 McDonalds jobs within 100 miles of where I live and for a minimum wage job, I wouldn't be able to commute that far. So yeah, always recruiting? No, only when times are good, then they have plenty of jobs.

The fact is, the jobs aren't there.

i'm sick of people blaming the banks "oh the banks won't do this" or "the banks wont lend me that ", you don't have the collateral , you aren't considered fiscally sound enough to repay the loan, then fuck you , close your stupid little business and get a real job in a corporation , they need janitors too

I can't tell if you're stupid or just trolling, a lot of small businesses qualify for loans but all loans are a risk and banks aren't going to want to risk as much as they would when times are good, there are also government schemes in some countries that are suppost to encourage lending to small businesses but they don't really work.

You know what happens when a small business is allowed to expand? It creates jobs and guess what happens when you have more jobs? You get increased spening and tax revenue and your economy grows, it's not complicated, the more buinesses you have, the more jobs you have.

Also, quick question, aside from trolling, what do you do for a living?

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 01:44:56 Reply

At 12/9/11 01:20 AM, Little-Rena wrote: Economy

Yeah, the Economy is bad, it was bad before, it will be bad in the future. Complaining and complaining over that shit has me bleeding out my ears, rich people being greedy? Oh god, what a massive surprise... Over these recent years, jobs have become more scarce, people are getting laid off and life is shit for a lot of poor people, what else is new? You know, I don't know about you or anyone else, but I'm not going to let that discourage me from trying to get a new job, from trying to employ myself in a paying job. There are jobs out there, your unwillingness to find them because it isn't what you wanted to do or it might cause slight inconvieneces are excuses. Becuase believe it or not, plenty of people are willing to pay if you have the dedication and ability.

Why the fuck do some Americans think rich people have this magic fucking lever that says "make jobs" on the side of it like as soon as they pull it and dump millions of dollars into it that it will suddenly creat jobs? There is no such lever. All the CEOs out there aren't conspiring together to hate on poor people by restricting jobs, but they can't just open a new wing in their business because it will benefit others. They can't just open a new store just because it might create more jobs. In order for them to actually work they themselves need to be able to produce profit. It needs to be an investment that will pay for itself or else it will bankrupt their business and leave it vulnerable to an ever changing economy. If I was the CEO of Wal Mart and I put a store in the middle of some rinky dink town, it would creat jobs. It would also, not make enough money to support itself and the company would lose money. This loss would show up in the quarterly reports and suddenly I look like a dipshit for pulling such a bone headed, bleeding heart manuever and losing money on a major investment. I'm not saying that big corps. can't be greedy as hell and be more worried about their international affairs than that of America's, but I'm saying that demanding jobs won't make them do anything.

Jobs don't just fall from the sky, and demanding them won't make them appear. Frankly, America's consumers are feeding way too many foriegn pockets with american cash. That's why I'm a firm advocator of small bussinesses and American corporation. I love Sony products, but I bought an Xbox because Microsoft is a company in America. The outsourcing of jobs is also a major deal, one I don't agree with. These fat cats care far too much for profit and are looking for out siders who would only take 2 pesos on the dollar to work for less than minimum in America. Keep American jobs in America.

So in other words, yeah, the Economy is shit, and I don't agree with everything that fat cats do (like outsourcing) but that doesn't mean demanding them to make jobs will do shit. They aren't conspiring against anyone, and the government can't do much without stepping on someone's toes, so I suggest we just take a stiff upper lip and try to find jobs the best we can. It's not always the most convienient or best, but it's the bes we can make of it.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 01:45:05 Reply

At 12/9/11 01:15 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
A bunch of stupid shit, generalizations, child-like ranting and swearing.

Boy you're such a model Conservative, misconstruing the issue and the purpose of the protests.

Why? Nobody cares, they keep fucking saying "we are the 99%" but they are such a fucking minority.

A minority that has started protests all around the world seems pretty influential to me.

Them and their little hippy bastards make up less than one percent of EVERYONE.

Assuming whoever is at the protest is a hippy is retarded, much like your entire post.

I mean seriously. Just because you're an angsty 20 something peace loving idealist

Holy stereotypical labels and generalizations, batman!

doesn't make you right, do you see real people with real jobs and real families out there? Fuck no,

Actually, I've talked to a lot of working people who agree with the message of the protesters, but not necessarily the method.

they understand that America has been running off of the sweat and blood of workers like them for over a hundred years.

And the protesters are in no way against this.

There will always be someone richer and more successful than you who gets a bigger break, that's fucking life. Deal with it.

"That's life" is an excuse. You know what else used to fall into that category of "It's fucking life, deal with it?" Dying of the common cold. But hey, that's life, just shut up and die, right? Yup, never try to change ANYTHING or else you're a hippy idealist.

You want to know who the REAL 99% are? The fucking working people, the ones out there flipping burgers, the ones out there going through accouting books, the ones out there running a construction site.

Oh like the ones I mentioned just above this?

Those working people who are working FOR the rich people you oppose aren't complaining, it's their job, their salary, you don't exactly have the right to speak for them.

You clearly believe you can speak for them, though, right? The OWS protesters never claimed they were speaking for anybody, so you're wrong, again.

You want to make a fucking difference? Get a job, make a living and be happy.

Yeah because jobs are just falling out of the fucking sky right now, right? Gee, maybe some of the protesters HAD jobs, or are TRYING to find a job but can't. Ever think of that? No, of course not, because you'd rather generalize, name-call, and be an ignorant asshole who thinks he's saying something important because he's mad he doesn't understand shit about the movement or at least the overall message.

Become a fucking productive member of society you piece of shit know nothing bastards.

Look at the big boy, trying to sound like he knows something.

You're just rat poison to society and would probably be better off dead anyways. So why don't you go occupy Hell?

See you there, douchebag.

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 01:56:52 Reply

At 12/9/11 01:45 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: oh boy

Why can't you just generalize what I said and respond in that fashion? I hate it when some one who argues with someone else just picks apart the post sentence by sentence. It's just such Ad Hominem, stop attacking the post and summarize what I've said and come back to me with a real, organized argument. I'm not going to play the "who can make the other look worse game", I really don't care for it because insulting a stranger personally doesn't really work when I have no idea who that person is.

BBS Signature
polles
polles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 02:00:39 Reply

Mfan, please tell me what job you have. Actually, more importantly, tell me what job your father has.

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 02:03:36 Reply

At 12/9/11 01:56 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote:
At 12/9/11 01:45 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: oh boy

You caught me.

Mfan
Mfan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Melancholy
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 02:03:46 Reply

At 12/9/11 01:45 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote:

oh look everyone, it's MCF, ng's favorite liberal

Boy you're such a model Conservative, misconstruing the issue and the purpose of the protests.

no, he didn't misconstrue anything , he said that the way they voice their worthless opinion was full of fallacy, ie swearing, yelling, trying to draw attention to themselves because they seek attention

A minority that has started protests all around the world seems pretty influential to me.

these people do not represent the "99%", but they do represent recklessness, stupidity , unwillingness to improve themselves positivly (i.e, looking and applying to jobs)

Assuming whoever is at the protest is a hippy is retarded, much like your entire post.

and the ENTIRE ows movement is based off of the 60's riots , which contained hippies , even a retard knows that much

Holy stereotypical labels and generalizations, batman!

sterotypical labels and generalizations are more accurate then you would think , my chum

Actually, I've talked to a lot of working people who agree with the message of the protesters, but not necessarily the method.

define " a lot", i certainly wouldn't think the number exceeded more then a half a dozen of people , 8 at tops

And the protesters are in no way against this.

you don't even know, the whole OWS shit believes that the banks and wealthy making profits off of working people is a bad thing, but that's capitalism , and therefor since the OWS protesters are arguing the system which our great nation was founded on, they are indeed , against it

"That's life" is an excuse. You know what else used to fall into that category of "It's fucking life, deal with it?" Dying of the common cold. But hey, that's life, just shut up and die, right? Yup, never try to change ANYTHING or else you're a hippy idealist.

who dies of a common cold, especially with the fantastic health care that the US has , yelling "down with the rich " will not change anything btw, so these protesters should certainly shut up and get employed

Oh like the ones I mentioned just above this?

all 8 of them, right ?

You clearly believe you can speak for them, though, right? The OWS protesters never claimed they were speaking for anybody, so you're wrong, again.

no,no,no,no, the OWS claim to be speaking on behalf of the "99%", as in the "working poor" , while clearly, a majority of the OWS are middle class

Yeah because jobs are just falling out of the fucking sky right now, right? Gee, maybe some of the protesters HAD jobs, or are TRYING to find a job but can't. Ever think of that? No, of course not, because you'd rather generalize, name-call, and be an ignorant asshole who thinks he's saying something important because he's mad he doesn't understand shit about the movement or at least the overall message.

rather ignorant to totally disregard the fact that many of the OWS people just refuse to find jobs, and would rather complain like stupid people

Look at the big boy, trying to sound like he knows something.

same could be said of you

See you there, douchebag.

as reverend love joy says to homer , see you in hell....from heaven !

Republican

polles
polles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 02:10:50 Reply

Really, Mfan, I'd like to know. I'm sure you come from a family of hard working laborers struggling to make enough money for your family and know exactly what it's like to not be able to find a job.

BBS Signature
Dogmeat
Dogmeat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Movie Buff
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 02:14:06 Reply

A riot isn't gonna happen, the Americans will lay down and take the police abuse just like they did all those other times.

So much for the right to a peaceful assembly.

I AM THREAD KILLER!

BBS Signature
Jin
Jin
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 02:22:26 Reply

Mfan, you either have no idea how banks work, or you're supporting the corruption.

Banking is private sector.

BBS Signature
MatthewF
MatthewF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Musician
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 08:21:19 Reply

At 12/9/11 01:15 AM, HollowedPumkinz wrote: You want to know who the REAL 99% are? The fucking working people, the ones out there flipping burgers, the ones out there going through accouting books, the ones out there running a construction site. Those working people who are working FOR the rich people you oppose aren't complaining, it's their job, their salary, you don't exactly have the right to speak for them. You want to make a fucking difference? Get a job, make a living and be happy. Become a fucking productive member of society you piece of shit know nothing bastards. You're just rat poison to society and would probably be better off dead anyways. So why don't you go occupy Hell?

Amen Amen! They are a bunch of typical welfare kids who were raised by big daddy government who think borrow more and more is the answer to all of our problems. A bunch of statists like FDR before them.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.
I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!
AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature
akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 09:13:07 Reply

At 12/9/11 02:22 AM, Jin wrote: Mfan, you either have no idea how banks work, or you're supporting the corruption.

Banking is private sector.

Banking is a private sector, but, they allowed it to become some god forsaken socialist banking system. It's half government owned, half private now. To fight corruption in banks you need to fight corruption in Congress, and good luck with that.

Also, you know who's the biggest offender of generalizing? Occupy whatever. "We are the 99%"

I do not wish to be represented by these people, nor do I wish them to represent people who do not want to be represented, like my parents, sister, girlfriend, and many of my friends.

Well.

Shit.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 12:08:12 Reply

At 12/9/11 02:03 AM, Mfan wrote:
At 12/9/11 01:45 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
oh look everyone, it's MCF, ng's favorite liberal

And it's Mfan, ng's favorite fascist, which means he does not deserve a reply for adhering to such an outdated, inhumane "ideology."

AniMetal
AniMetal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 15:11:47 Reply

So 1,200 people were there.

At 2:30 AM the police declared that the eviction date is post-poned.

Thank the stars, 1,200 people would've been a HELL of a riot...

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature
akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 15:13:18 Reply

At 12/9/11 03:11 PM, AniMetal wrote: So 1,200 people were there.

At 2:30 AM the police declared that the eviction date is post-poned.

Thank the stars, 1,200 people would've been a HELL of a riot...

Good luck with a riot. They probably had to post-pone because riot cops were busy.

Well.

Shit.