00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Darkshark183 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

See Occupy Boston get evicted live

2,436 Views | 46 Replies

Between 600-800 people at the occupy get-together. At midnight(eastern standard time) all the protesters are getting arrested and the movement is getting evicted.

Plenty of live feed links are available from this link.

Personally, I feel like a full riot will ensue. But I guess we'll have to wait another 70 minutes.

Please discuss and watch, maybe history will be made tonight.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 22:53:34

Oh Jesus. This won't end good for anybody.

It tolls for thee.

Thanks to IncendiaryProduction for the sig!

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 22:57:02

RIP Free Speech

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:00:12

At 12/8/11 10:57 PM, Little-Rena wrote: RIP Free Speech

Nothing about the first amendment has been violated. They're camping on property they don't have rights to.

Also, the original protesters left long, long ago.

Well.

Shit.

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:01:20

Hopefully they won't be stupid twats and retaliate.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:03:27

I wish I was a cop there. I'd abuse the fuck out of my authority.

I LIKE MONEY

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:03:35

At 12/8/11 11:02 PM, FBIpolux wrote: plz riots plz riots plz riots

The worst that would happen is a mass arrest. Maybe a few beatings. Nothing U.K. size.

Well.

Shit.

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:04:02

55 minutes until the police have permission to arrest everyone on site.

Also, not all the original protestors left. My older brother is at Occupy Worcester and almost everyone at that movement is from the beginning.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:06:18

At 12/8/11 11:04 PM, AniMetal wrote: 55 minutes until the police have permission to arrest everyone on site.

Also, not all the original protestors left. My older brother is at Occupy Worcester and almost everyone at that movement is from the beginning.

Out of the 8 people I know who have been at the original OWS, none are left. 4 of them live in New York city. They said it's mostly bums and people with nothing to do over there.

Well.

Shit.

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:06:23

Dam this is gonna be interesting,

600 to 800 people is still alot of power and more than capable of dragging more in.
Lets just hope that this isnt the start of something bigger for all our sakes

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:06:47

At 12/8/11 10:57 PM, Little-Rena wrote: RIP Free Speech

Free speech is not being trampled on. The police are simply moving away douchebags who have illegally squated/camped on places where they shouldn't have, and if the protesters start rioting, then the shit has offically hit the fan.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:07:56

At 12/8/11 11:00 PM, akmeteor wrote: Nothing about the first amendment has been violated. They're camping on property they don't have rights to.

I don't care about your constitution or your amendments.

I believe that people should be allowed to protest if they aren't causing any harm, have they hurt anyone? Are they promoting hatrid or violance?

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:09:28

The screening i'm watching now is saying approx 750-800 people now, with more trains arriving within the next 30 minutes. They're expecting up to 900 protestors.

At 12/8/11 11:07 PM, Little-Rena wrote: I believe that people should be allowed to protest if they aren't causing any harm, have they hurt anyone? Are they promoting hatrid or violance?

No and no.

At 12/8/11 11:06 PM, akmeteor wrote: Out of the 8 people I know who have been at the original OWS, none are left. 4 of them live in New York city. They said it's mostly bums and people with nothing to do over there.

Don't compare different occupy movements. Each one is unique.

I know no one who went to OWS, but I know quite a few people at Occupy Worcester and Occupy Boston and it's been fairly consistent at both.

Worcester is the second biggest city in MA, for anyone who didn't know. Boston is the biggest.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:09:49

At 12/8/11 11:07 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
I believe that people should be allowed to protest if they aren't causing any harm, have they hurt anyone? Are they promoting hatrid or violance?

They do happen to be breaking public land laws. So no, they aren't hurting anyone. They are hurting the fact that the reason they have public land laws is so Neo-Nazi's and idiots like Westboro don't set up camp.

Well.

Shit.

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:15:14

At 12/8/11 11:09 PM, akmeteor wrote: They do happen to be breaking public land laws. So no, they aren't hurting anyone. They are hurting the fact that the reason they have public land laws is so Neo-Nazi's and idiots like Westboro don't set up camp.

If they aren't hurting anyone, let them break those laws. The problem here is that Westboro and protesters like them use hate speech and are hurting people, it doesn't matter if they camp or not, those people are stupid, they get away with things that are much worse than breaking public land laws.

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:21:46

At 12/8/11 11:15 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
If they aren't hurting anyone, let them break those laws. The problem here is that Westboro and protesters like them use hate speech and are hurting people, it doesn't matter if they camp or not, those people are stupid, they get away with things that are much worse than breaking public land laws.

You let one group do it. you need to let all of them do it. That's how things work in the U.S.

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:22:44

At 12/8/11 11:21 PM, feelme-questionmark wrote: You let one group do it. you need to let all of them do it. That's how things work in the U.S.

Ok, I got a good chuckle out of that.

Add me on Last.fm | Add me on Steam | If you took something I've said seriously, I apologize.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:30:01

30 minutes until eviction.

Also, all the nay-sayers of this movement(in this thread, at least) are clearly misinformed individuals in regards to this movement, what it stands for, why it's important, etc.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:30:13

At 12/8/11 11:09 PM, AniMetal wrote: Don't compare different occupy movements. Each one is unique.

I know no one who went to OWS, but I know quite a few people at Occupy Worcester and Occupy Boston and it's been fairly consistent at both.

Why should I not compare similar groups with the same goal? That's like saying I can't compare this group of feminists with that group of feminists. They're a unified group and each one shouldn't get special treatment.

Well.

Shit.

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:32:57

How long until the death and destruction??

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:37:11

"THE PEOPLE, UNITED, WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED (x10)"
"WE, ARE, THE 99 PERCENT (x10)"

Lmao.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:37:59

Because, different locations and different people.

That's like saying "Well, i've met a bunch of asshole metalheads in california, obviously there's a bunch of asshole metalheads in canada too - similar people with similar goals, AMIRITE?"

At 12/8/11 11:32 PM, PyroGreg wrote: How long until the death and destruction??

20 minutes now, maybe longer if the cops decide to cut the crowd some slack.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:39:37

At 12/8/11 11:37 PM, AniMetal wrote: Because, different locations and different people.

That's like saying "Well, i've met a bunch of asshole metalheads in california, obviously there's a bunch of asshole metalheads in canada too - similar people with similar goals, AMIRITE?"

I think you're failing to see. This isn't just a group, it's a movement. Political groups get clumped together. There is no separating OWB and OWS. They're the same movement.

Well.

Shit.

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:48:57

At 12/8/11 11:09 PM, Mfan wrote: HURRAH FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY

No, we should be cheering anyone the Republican Party happens to be at odds with, never considering actual flaws in their ideology. After all, two wrongs have always made a right. Affirmative action for blacks who aren't even descended from slaves came first; soon enough we'll have all rich people getting repetitive tax hikes because a few select corporations were in bed with the government (not that the government will get punished for it...)

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-08 23:55:30

5 more minutes...

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:26:25

Some occupiers got in a brawl with some anti-occupy hecklers.

Things are heating up, no police arrests though I don't think.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:42:51

Just a bunch of people dancing to music, looks like a giant party to me.

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:47:50

At 12/9/11 12:42 AM, Mantinziza wrote: Just a bunch of people dancing to music, looks like a giant party to me.

Yeah... apparently the cops are standing around without any clue what to do. (I've been texting my friend whose there, I live in MA and whatnot)

I never guaranteed that violence and bloodshed would pursue.

Technically, it could still happen any minute...

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:50:44

I never guaranteed that violence and bloodshed would pursue.

Technically, it could still happen any minute...

Dude, ive got a baaad feeling about this

Response to See Occupy Boston get evicted live 2011-12-09 00:52:47

At 12/9/11 12:50 AM, Mantinziza wrote: Dude, ive got a baaad feeling about this

According to fox news, approx. 1100 people there - maybe 200-250 cops.

So yeah, i'm going to keep watching.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature