00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodtyGoddessGoat just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

YouriX Music Reviews

6,715 Views | 60 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 10:26:04

YouriX Music Reviews is a show im starting to help music artists here on newgrounds.
Its still ruff on the edges right now . But i think the concept has potential. So why, am i making this thread?
So music artists more basicly im talking to the regulars here. Can post there digital albums here.

But to avoide excessive spamming there will be some qualifications.
1. I should be able to stream your album. Soundcloud gives you the option to make sets. Bandcamp is also a nice idea. Or anyother music website.

2. Post your album art just like i did with InvisebleObserver's album. That is a MUST! That way i know your serious about your album. And also so i can use it in my animations.

3. Last you MUST be a regular. A reg is someone who ofcourse visits the AudioForum frequently AND is active to some degree. That way people who visit the AF alot get some sort of reward for there effort.

Anyways in the next episode i will review this album! And good luck to those with there new shiny album ;)

http://invisibleobserver.bandcamp.com/al bum/rocks-dont-lie

YouriX Music Reviews

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 11:49:26

Here's my self titled album. I'd say it's mostly techno, but it has elements from a lot of genres in it.
http://daydreamanatomy.bandcamp.com/albu m/daydream-anatomy

YouriX Music Reviews

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 12:56:20

At 12/8/11 12:27 PM, LaForge wrote: I love this concept. You'll bring much needed eyes to the audio portal and maybe even breed some new regs, which we could use. I don't have an album to put out as all my songs are here on NG and nowhere else (cept maybe myspace, haven't checked in ages), however, I'll definitely look out for continuing episodes of your show and put out the good word.

Glad you to see that where on the same page! Anyways i already like the first album that wants to be reviewed. ;)

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 13:03:34

This is a great concept! Well done Yourix

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 13:43:11

Great idea, Youri! This is the kind of creative, original idea we need to get more exposure to musicians :)

YouriX Music Reviews

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 13:50:39

At 12/8/11 10:26 AM, YouriX wrote: bum/rocks

^ Lol.

Cool idea, and thanks for the future inclusion of me. :D

BBS Signature

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 16:06:53

Excellent idea, this sort of thing has been needed for a long time. Thanks for stepping up to make this, it looks great! :)

If you are willing to feature some classical stuff, feel free to check out my album. Some of the stuff in there is also on my Newgrounds.

YouriX Music Reviews

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 16:24:17

At 12/8/11 04:06 PM, samulis wrote: If you are willing to feature some classical stuff, feel free to check out my album. Some of the stuff in there is also on my Newgrounds.

Dont worry. I am willing to review all genres. I love all that is music. Infact i love classical music! :D

Also if i seem very absent thats is because i might be animating a new episode ;)
Thank guys!
Also i am very happy! That you guys are willing to support this show. It really needs a good kickstarter. Five votes, likes from Facebook and such. The more the better! It is for all of us a good thing since if more people know about the show then more will know about your songs and album! :D

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 16:37:43

Albums only or would you be also doing singles? I have yet to release an album/EP, but my pants might get a little tight if I got reviewed :)

Sounds like a great concept too, so many artists on here need exposure they just don't have.

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 16:52:12

At 12/8/11 04:37 PM, ModuleMusic wrote: Albums only or would you be also doing singles? I have yet to release an album/EP, but my pants might get a little tight if I got reviewed :)

Sounds like a great concept too, so many artists on here need exposure they just don't have.

These are just guidelines not laws. So singles will be considerd. But albums will be favored most since people i assume put alot of affort into it. Also people can get an idea of what other talents you have in the music making art.

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-08 16:55:21

At 12/8/11 12:56 PM, YouriX wrote:
Glad you to see that where on the same page! Anyways i already like the first album that wants to be reviewed. ;)

:3
Forgot to mention that I also think this is a really good idea.

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-09 07:17:29

At 12/8/11 04:55 PM, stratkat wrote:
At 12/8/11 12:56 PM, YouriX wrote:
Forgot to mention that I also think this is a really good idea.

Haha thanks!

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-11 19:55:28

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-11 21:07:04

Not a bad idea. I want to see what your thoughts are on my album. It's called
Circle Birds.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-11 21:36:26

At 12/11/11 09:07 PM, Sequenced wrote: Not a bad idea. I want to see what your thoughts are on my album. It's called
Circle Birds.

I love how this thread becomes a form of self-advertisement.

Leave your adverts to the appropriate thread. I'm sure YouriX is perfectly capable of finding his own music to review.

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-11 22:53:03

At 12/11/11 09:36 PM, RampantMusik wrote:
At 12/11/11 09:07 PM, Sequenced wrote: Not a bad idea. I want to see what your thoughts are on my album. It's called
Circle Birds.
I love how this thread becomes a form of self-advertisement.

Leave your adverts to the appropriate thread. I'm sure YouriX is perfectly capable of finding his own music to review.

He DID say that you should and could post albums here... with requirements.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-11 22:57:37

the INVINCIBLE observer.

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-12 03:56:42

This is a very cool idea. Keep at it and I'll keep supporting it.

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-12 05:05:50

Now if only i had an album to review xP

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-12 05:09:25

Cool! The second one and already a great improvement. The audio quality was a lot better and this time I could understand every word you said. In the last one it was sometimes hard through the audio quality and your accent. Also it seemed you tried to talk a little slower. Getting there!

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-12 07:20:43

At 12/12/11 05:09 AM, JPRixdorfer wrote: Cool! The second one and already a great improvement. The audio quality was a lot better and this time I could understand every word you said. In the last one it was sometimes hard through the audio quality and your accent. Also it seemed you tried to talk a little slower. Getting there!

Thanks for noticing! I will keep trying to increase the latter even higher! Right now im typing a script for the new episode! :D

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-12 07:50:40

Wow! It looks like this show has some potential after all! Got 8th place! Now im even more motivated!

YouriX Music Reviews

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-12 10:14:55

What a great idea:)

If you fancy listening/reviewing my latest release 'Brainfunk' then here's the link: Kingbastard - Brainfunk

& here's the artwork....

KB

YouriX Music Reviews

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-12 12:06:12

Essence of Oxygen - Original Mix

YouriX great idea bro, if this really catches on it could be a great way to further integrate the audio artists with the rest of Newgrounds.

YouriX Music Reviews

BBS Signature

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-12 12:39:54

I do like the idea too. I would whore myself out, but I'm not in the mood. So here is a recommendation of another NGer

Vegetarian Meat's Factory Refurbished

It's one of the best things I've heard this year.

YouriX Music Reviews

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-13 04:03:48

EY! it's Alto here.
Just dropping a Demo, bigging myself DjSureagon and my Group R.s.L.s ( Rock Star Life Style )
Mix tape Drops january 1st so keep it locked!
Looking forward to the reviews on the demo!
thank u guys for the support in advance! hope u all enjoy

here is the link

make sure u vote on the left by the faces that go from sad to glad
more votes is more promotion from the site for me !
let me know wha u think

SIEx Music

Altitude's domain

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-13 06:51:03

At 12/13/11 04:03 AM, hellbound182 wrote: Shameless advertisement

Please read the qualifications. I am not interested in demos.

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-13 18:25:35

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-14 19:05:04

My next episode will be uploaded next week on Teusday. Now i just want to rest a bit and think up ways to make my series even more appealing ;)

Response to YouriX Music Reviews 2011-12-14 19:06:59

You should find an animator who would be down with lending you their skillz

BBS Signature