00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The first game you ever played.

2,708 Views | 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-07 05:52:59

Putt Putt goes to the moon. Windows 3.1, bitches!

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-07 15:46:27

Was probably Super Mario World on the SNES, but I got it when I was about 2 years old so it's hard to recollect whether or not I played anything prior to that.

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-07 15:49:44

I might have been 4 or 5 years old when we got our first Playstation and at the time, we only had two games for it - Rayman and Formula 1 '97. Of course, I played Rayman first and I loved it. I still do and for waves of nostalgia to wash over me, I just simply need to place the same disc I had when I was younger into the console and then play.

| Facebook | last.fm | Steam |

it's just diana ross slowed down 11/10 it's fuckin awful

BBS Signature

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-07 15:55:11

Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo. I was 4-years old.

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-07 17:41:09

My first ever game was the Pokemon Red played on the GBC. I imagine many people will also have it as their first game (or another pokemon game), and nothing quite gives me as much nostalgia as this game. Either one of my brother and I would constantly be hammering it at any moment, and when we bought Yellow and Blue over the next few years we ended up each on one trading with and against each other and then my brother's friends (none of mine played Pokemon, other than one whom started much later). I didn't usually end up on top, however when we started on Crystal I did extremely well and ended up often being the one to edge it, and nowadays I still play a lot of Pokemon, mainly in the form of ROM mods (such as RijonAdventures and such), as I have played the originals (up until generation three) again and again so many times.

At 12/4/11 06:59 AM, Dean wrote: I believe that the very first video game I played was Aladin on what I assume was the SNES.

That game is quite possibly my favourite platformer of all time. Along the same time another Aladdin tie-in was released for the Genesis, I believe, however that was more combat based and didn't have such fluid controls.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-07 19:11:13

The first game I ever got was Donkey Kong 64. But I'm not sure that was the first game I ever played because I've had contact with video games before that.

I think the first game I played was Super Mario 64, Megaman X, or some SNES Street Fighter game, but I doubt I actually knew what I was doing.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-07 19:16:16

the first game that I ever played was Diddy Kong Racing for the Nintendo 64, I was around 4 and I enjoyed racing around the levels trying out the different modes

You best get out of my way...because your in the SNIPER'S SIGHT *****!

BBS Signature

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-08 20:49:06

Probably Sumer Mario Bros. on a keyboard that connects to the television. I must've been in 1st grade or something. If not, then maybe Spyro The Dragon on PS1. Good times.

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-09 02:14:56

I am pretty sure it was Super Mario Bros for the NES!

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-09 02:41:35

Super Mario Bros for the NES

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-09 18:49:49

wouldve had to have been Super Mario World for the SNES

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-10 02:50:26

At 12/9/11 02:41 AM, ThePhantomGamer wrote: Super Mario Bros for the NES

This is the earliest game I can actually recall myself playing when I was very very young but I don't know if it was my first. There was an Atari somewhere too but I can't really remember if I played anything on that.

Listen to my (shitty) original music! (Only if you want to.)

BBS Signature

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-11 04:27:17

When I was 3 or 4 my uncle got a PS1 for me and my siblings, along with FFVII. My parents thought I was too young to play FFVII, and they got me a Casper the Friendly Ghost game so that I could have some fun too. One of the greatest games ever created was sitting in front of me for 4 years before I could play it, and all I had at the beginning was Casper.

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-11 19:55:24

First video game? My memory doesn't go back that far. First console game? Mario Party.

The average person has only one testicle.

BBS Signature

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-11 20:05:03

Sonic 2 in about 93 or early 94 I think. It was either 2 or 3 but I'm pretty sure it was 2. I remember being really excited about Sonic and Knuckles coming out and running out to the store with my dad to get it.

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-11 21:57:45

I was blessed with playing The Neverhood for PC as my first game ever. Still my favorite game ever by far the best point-and-click ever.

At 12/4/11 02:36 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Sonic Adventure.

Fuck anyone who says that game hasn't aged well. I find it extremely fun to play even to this day.

I love Sonic Adventure but... it hasn't aged well. Seriously, the second half of Sky Deck is a huge glitchy mess.

BBS Signature

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-11 22:07:02

My firsts were Mario Kart 64 and the N64 version of Golden-Eye

I see stupid people reading my signature,

Response to The first game you ever played. 2011-12-12 05:15:36

I got a Gameboy Classic for my sixth birthday and my parents gave some 64 in 1 games cartridge along with it. This was actually a pretty awesome collection as it had a lot of classic games on it like Ninja Gaiden, Super Mario World, Double Dragon, Castlevania and others that were originally made for the NES.

The first game listed was Adventure Island, so I suppose that might've been the first video game I ever played. It was pretty funny, but very difficult and frustrating as well.

The first game you ever played.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature