Be a Supporter!
Wallross
Wallross
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Programmer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:24 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 12:00 AM, CloudEater wrote: Two days in and my team has done nothing.. ;____;

Our time zones being GMT +10.5, +2, -4 and -8 really isn't helping.

Our time zones are +10, +1, and -8, and we're not doing too badly. Stay dedicated and the timezone issue pretty much vanishes.

bcdefg123
bcdefg123
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:34 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 12:24 AM, Wallross wrote:
At 12/3/11 12:00 AM, CloudEater wrote: Two days in and my team has done nothing.. ;____;

Our time zones being GMT +10.5, +2, -4 and -8 really isn't helping.
Our time zones are +10, +1, and -8, and we're not doing too badly. Stay dedicated and the timezone issue pretty much vanishes.

Yeah, for Game Jam 5, me and my group were in different time zones, pretty evenly spaced out: me in the US, one of us in Europe, and another in Australia. So I was able to talk to one in the morning, have the afternoon to myself, and talk to one at night. We always were able to assign work such that we would be able to carry on for a time if/when the others disappeared. You just need a solid plan from the get-go.

Also, since I'm just an observer for this one, good luck to all the participants! I have finals next week, so doing this would have been a bad idea :P I plan to do mini-reviews of the games from this Jam a la AustinBreed once you're all done here. I see some good stuff so far.

Wallross
Wallross
  • Member since: Jan. 24, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Programmer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:40 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 12:34 AM, bcdefg123 wrote:
I plan to do mini-reviews of the games from this Jam a la AustinBreed once you're all done here.

Thanks. I enjoy reading Austins little reviews, so you'res are definitely welcome too!

crashadams
crashadams
  • Member since: Apr. 18, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 03:23 AM Reply

Tileset work...

Game Jam 6 Go!


BBS Signature
Kembry
Kembry
  • Member since: Dec. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Artist
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 04:57 AM Reply

TEAM ELLISON, KEEP ALL THE FILES IN SECRET CONTAINER !

PSvils
PSvils
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 07:09 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 03:23 AM, crashadams wrote: Tileset work...

I am loving that art! yumyum.

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 07:33 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 07:09 AM, PSvils wrote:
At 12/3/11 03:23 AM, crashadams wrote: Tileset work...
I am loving that art! yumyum.

Your team has been awwwfully quiet, why don't you post some screenies?

I'm eager to see!
PSvils
PSvils
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 09:25 AM Reply

I don't have any artwork + gameplay to show, only an engine where you'll see bright red, black, and other coloured rectangles, and some objects with some of my quick, 2 minute artwork.

I should start putting them all together, though we have nothing on the gameplay end done (In terms of puzzles...).

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:03 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 12:00 AM, CloudEater wrote: Two days in and my team has done nothing.. ;____;

Our time zones being GMT +10.5, +2, -4 and -8 really isn't helping.
We've barely been online at the same time and it's just not working too well at the moment.

EASTERN STANDARD AND CANADIAN TIME ZONES FTW!

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Member since: May. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:23 AM Reply

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/512f 7a96e8ecbf15e1e263dd29a73ff6

Here, have a beta.

I once tried to make a game with Eddache a couple years back.
Took me 3 months to make a crappy version of this engine, which I remade in 2 days.

Down: duck (ground), slide duck (while moving), fall faster (while in the air)
Arrows: l/r move, duck walk (while ducking)
Up: (jump)
Space: suicide (hold).

REALLY proud of myself


BBS Signature
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:31 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 10:23 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: REALLY proud of myself

It took you two DAYS to make this??

We did this the first day but then realized it sucked and scrapped it:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/67b5 cb002eda96d9197aab533977a5ca

ZStriefel
ZStriefel
  • Member since: May. 30, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Audiophile
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:32 AM Reply

:U we're doing stuff

  • Lightless
    Lightless by ZStriefel

    Click to listen.

    Score
    5.00 / 5.00
    Type
    Loop
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity
    4 Views

PSvils
PSvils
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:43 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 10:31 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 12/3/11 10:23 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: REALLY proud of myself
It took you two DAYS to make this??

We did this the first day but then realized it sucked and scrapped it:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/67b5 cb002eda96d9197aab533977a5ca

Is that Box2D or NAPE?

Pf, libraries...I do it all homebrew ;)
4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 10:43 AM, PSvils wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/67b5 cb002eda96d9197aab533977a5ca
Is that Box2D or NAPE?

Pf, libraries...I do it all homebrew ;)

I used Box2D cuz I'm afraid of NAPE's power..

But seriously, we just decided it'd be too much work getting everything working with physics when it can be much more polished with a simpler engine.

PSvils
PSvils
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:47 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 10:46 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 12/3/11 10:43 AM, PSvils wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/67b5 cb002eda96d9197aab533977a5ca
Is that Box2D or NAPE?

Pf, libraries...I do it all homebrew ;)
I used Box2D cuz I'm afraid of NAPE's power..

But seriously, we just decided it'd be too much work getting everything working with physics when it can be much more polished with a simpler engine.

Ah, cool. Well, if it helps, I started making my engine from scratch from the start, and only got it all work last night, because my vectors were seriously fucking with me... :/
But now it's all cool, and I just need to setup some interaction thingamajig, and then I'll need to start scripting puzzles/levels.......we haven't even figured any of them out...

P.

BlackMist75
BlackMist75
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Musician
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 10:57 AM Reply

Some concept art below and a menu loop here. It doesn't work.

Game Jam 6 Go!

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 10:31 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 12/3/11 10:23 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: REALLY proud of myself
It took you two DAYS to make this??

We did this the first day but then realized it sucked and scrapped it:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/67b5 cb002eda96d9197aab533977a5ca

Also I was just joking if you hadn't noticed, nice engine though!

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Member since: May. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 12/3/11 11:02 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 12/3/11 10:31 AM, 4urentertainment wrote:
At 12/3/11 10:23 AM, Manly-Chicken wrote: REALLY proud of myself
It took you two DAYS to make this??

We did this the first day but then realized it sucked and scrapped it:

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/67b5 cb002eda96d9197aab533977a5ca
Also I was just joking if you hadn't noticed, nice engine though!

Thanks! Just added a death square and a bounce square a few mins ago. Gonna add stuff like teleporters and junk later.


BBS Signature
SilentTakedown
SilentTakedown
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Musician
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 11:25 AM Reply

I really like my team! :)
Here's something I did yesterday.

  • Love's Cadence
    Love's Cadence by Intero

    Click to listen.

    Score
    0 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Classical
    Popularity
    1 Views

Aigis
Aigis
  • Member since: Jun. 18, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Artist
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 12/3/11 12:34 AM, bcdefg123 wrote: Yeah, for Game Jam 5, me and my group were in different time zones, pretty evenly spaced out: me in the US, one of us in Europe, and another in Australia.

New Zealand.


Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Archawn
Archawn
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:20 PM Reply

I'm loving my team so far, despite the fact that only two of us have been working on the game for most of the time. :D

DCzerkies42
DCzerkies42
  • Member since: Dec. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Animator
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:25 PM Reply

blackmist add me on skype yo


Animation I want to be the Best Fucker.

BBS Signature
bcdefg123
bcdefg123
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:38 PM Reply

At 12/3/11 12:35 PM, Aigis wrote:
At 12/3/11 12:34 AM, bcdefg123 wrote: Yeah, for Game Jam 5, me and my group were in different time zones, pretty evenly spaced out: me in the US, one of us in Europe, and another in Australia.
New Zealand.

Oh, wait... sorry. I assumed New Zealand was part of Australia since it was the closest continent. But I guess that depends on who you ask. I said the continents because I didn't know whether you would be okay with having your location given out or not :P

PSvils
PSvils
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:42 PM Reply

At 12/3/11 01:38 PM, bcdefg123 wrote: Oh, wait... sorry. I assumed New Zealand was part of Australia since it was the closest continent. But I guess that depends on who you ask. I said the continents because I didn't know whether you would be okay with having your location given out or not :P

I never knew that the US was a continent...

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Member since: Aug. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:52 PM Reply

At 12/3/11 01:42 PM, PSvils wrote:
At 12/3/11 01:38 PM, bcdefg123 wrote: Oh, wait... sorry. I assumed New Zealand was part of Australia since it was the closest continent. But I guess that depends on who you ask. I said the continents because I didn't know whether you would be okay with having your location given out or not :P
I never knew that the US was a continent...

Haha! Just give the guy some space guys, he just wanted to give the broad location of his teammates without being too specific.

Anyway, is anyone *not* doing a platformer? I don't think I've ever *not* made a platformer in any contest..or at any time where I had the choice of deciding the game's genre..

platformers are haunting me
PSvils
PSvils
  • Member since: Feb. 3, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:59 PM Reply

Sadly my team is also doing a platformer :(

But it will be better than all of you guys, so don't worry!

Jomillex
Jomillex
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Animator
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:03 PM Reply

At 12/3/11 01:59 PM, PSvils wrote: Sadly my team is also doing a platformer :(

But it will be better than all of you guys, so don't worry!

I bet ;)


"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

BBS Signature
tenentenen
tenentenen
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:46 PM Reply

Ours is not a platformer.
Preview? Never!

Archawn
Archawn
  • Member since: Sep. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Game Developer
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:58 PM Reply

I think artists have a platformer fetish, while most programmers are just plain sick of them.

SineRider
SineRider
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 18
Musician
Response to Game Jam 6 Go! Dec. 3rd, 2011 @ 02:59 PM Reply

some potential boss music I made this morning