New Topic Respond to this Topic
SnakeSkull
SnakeSkull
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 03:21 PM Reply

At 11/28/11 11:51 PM, EvilerBowser1001 wrote: Hey guys everything that I'm not nostalgic over and that I'm not the fucking target audience of sucks!

THE CARTOONS OF MY GENERATION ARE THE BEST AND FUCK EVERYTHING ELSE

No shame in saying it if it is the truth, comrade.

Hey Arnold, for life!

Barev dzez.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 04:23 PM Reply

At 11/30/11 03:19 PM, Henchman1028 wrote: Except they don't reair the best ones like Tiny oon Adventures and Animaniacs...

Those were never originally Nicktoons though. Those were Warner Bros. cartoons. Nickelodeon picked them up later on though.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Dosensuppen
Dosensuppen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Animator
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 04:39 PM Reply

I personally find the humor of the new cartoons to be rather terrible. Cartoons screaming about stupid shit and the like. Maybe some aren't like that, but the horribleness of some of them made me turn away from Cartoon Network and fear ever going back. Chowder, for instance, was just dreadful.

Not to mention the character design of some of them, like Chowder or Adventure Time. I personally find the art and character bad. But hey, just me.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature
EvilerBowser1001
EvilerBowser1001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 11/30/11 03:21 PM, SnakeSkull wrote:
No shame in saying it if it is the truth, comrade.

Hey Arnold, for life!

You do realize I was being sarcastic right

...right?

...I mean everyone...doesn't everyone realize my facetiousness in that remark?

I mean, I love 90s cartoons myself but they're not fucking perfect, jesus christ.

Last.fm
Why the fuck did I like these forums again
CLICK SIGNATURE FOR DIFFERENT SONGS EACH WEEK

BBS Signature
McJobes
McJobes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 05:07 PM Reply

Yeah cartoons have become pretty average nowadays but I must say Adventure Time is pretty fucking good.

“Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don't have the strength.”
He's back :3

Raab
Raab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 05:08 PM Reply

newer generations of children are getting dumber and dumber.

Its hard to please children with violent cartoons like the old Warner Brothers guys (bugs daffy fudd road runner & coyote etc.) No Tom and Jerry, etc. VIOLENCE IS WRONG! pffft

Shows like iCarly and all that other fucking trash they show on the Disney channel are melting our children's brains.... so they need dumber shit to please them.

Also...
There are a few good cartoons...and the rest are shit....

why?

everything has been done before.... and in an attempt to make things original they change certain things about the show.... and it is not always for the better.

There will never be another cartoon like "The Real Ghostbusters" because that was based on a hit movie... and movies nowadays are shit, too. Lets go see the third installment of some fake-ass paranormal shit... not much room for a cartoon spinoff there... also movies are getting more and more violent to be entertaining... and that conflicts with the very first point... VIOLENCE IS WRONG! :(

BBS Signature
Jackospades
Jackospades
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 05:55 PM Reply

ok heres what happened to cartoons...
once upon a time the world of cartoon was not only funny, but actually made sense. Then one day someone took a look at sponge bob and went " Hey, there are some parts of that show that are pretty random and goofy, maybe if I make a show thats ENTIRELY RANDOM AND GOOFY than it'll be even more popular!" and so Adventure Time was born. At first it was actually pretty funny, but then it got random-er and random-er and then other shows started copying it until the entire cartoon world became a melted heap of bad jokes, characters that look like they where created while the creator was on acid, and millions of dollars invested by large companies.

About the whole lack of " Sexual innuendoes" thing...... thats what happens when you let rating systems come into existence.

EvilerBowser1001
EvilerBowser1001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 06:12 PM Reply

Jesus christ you guys don't get it at all.

Cartoons making sense is what made them good?
Yes, because Merrie Melodies, Ren and Stimpy, The Simpsons, and Disney shorts are such wonderful examples of continuity!

Kids are no more and no less stupider than we were at their age because they're FUCKING CHILDREN.
I've watched a load of 90s cartoons, and some of them were terrible and stupid, looking back.

Stop being pretentious fucks getting so mad about animated things aimed at children!

You seem to be forgetting entirely that THESE SHOWS ARE NOT MADE FOR YOU IN MIND.
Of course they're going to seem like shit, because they're made, you know, FOR KIDS.

I mean holy fucking christ, you are a bunch of pretentious fucking idiots.

Last.fm
Why the fuck did I like these forums again
CLICK SIGNATURE FOR DIFFERENT SONGS EACH WEEK

BBS Signature
Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 06:21 PM Reply

I think all those sexual innuendos are appearing in cartoons as much because parents are so quick to turn the TV off nowadays. And cartoon channels are willing to take the most poorly made piles of shit if they even vaguely resemble something that kids would like, which explains how Johnny Tests is still on air.

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 06:23 PM Reply

Courage The Cowradly Dog <3

Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
CritcalOne
CritcalOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 08:41 PM Reply

guys

your getting older, and these shows are aimed at kids. they don't evolve with you.

and honestly, some of the old shows where shit. stop being pretentious and judge it professionally, not like ''omg 10/10 i watched this as a kid''.

Moved to new account.

BBS Signature
Drony
Drony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 09:52 PM Reply

At 11/29/11 12:20 AM, EvilerBowser1001 wrote:
At 11/29/11 12:15 AM, Eddmario wrote:
Maybe MLP: FIM reminds us of cartoons we watched when we were kids? Did you ever consider that?
Perhaps if you start generalizing against something, perhaps you shouldn't like something that's part of the thing that you claim to hate?

You're still enjoying something that's primarily aimed at little girls.

Older MLP cartoons were aimed for the "little girl" demographic.

MLP:FiM is directed to boys and girls alike.

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 11/30/11 05:55 PM, Jackospades wrote: About the whole lack of " Sexual innuendoes" thing...... thats what happens when you let rating systems come into existence.

The ratings system was there the entire time. The censors were always there and always strict, look back at what Looney Tunes came out, but we weren't allowed to see on Cartoon Network or what have you.

There were many cartoons that were lucky enough to slip past the censors. One being Animaniacs. The joke Wacko makes of "Goodnight Everybody" is constantly made in some of these "sexual innuendo" moments, because if the show got through and parents caught it and didn't approve then that would be it, the show would be pulled.

Sexual Innuendos are still present in some shows, as well as adult humor. Oddly enough shows like "Flap Jack" and "Adventure Time" have these small innuendos and oddly enough so does the new "My Little Pony" show with one joke being about a book entitled "Everything You Wanted to Know About Slumber Parties but Were Afraid To Ask" which is an adult reference to the actual book "Everything You Wanted to Know About Sex but Were Afraid To Ask."

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 10:01 PM Reply

At 11/29/11 12:15 AM, Eddmario wrote:
At 11/29/11 12:11 AM, EvilerBowser1001 wrote: Some of you guys shitting on the new shit have links of My Little Pony clubs and sigs out of the show.
Because those are such retro cartoons, right?
Maybe MLP: FIM reminds us of cartoons we watched when we were kids? Did you ever consider that?

Because Lauren Faust, who was involved in early 2000s cartoons the Powerpuff Girls (which had blood in the opening sequence, making it edgier than pretty much all cartoons today), and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to What happened to cartoons? Nov. 30th, 2011 @ 10:14 PM Reply

There's still some good stuff. I think Adventure Time is awesome, as is the new Thundercats show. Gumball is good, too, sometimes. And Regular Show is okay. I watch a lot of cartoons with my niece, so I know a lot of this stuff.

And some really good stuff still comes out of Japan, though it looks like there isn't much quality in the latest and upcoming stuff. There's not much that interests me, anyway.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
123mine123
123mine123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to What happened to cartoons? Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 12:00 AM Reply

I also miss watching the shows I watched when I was a kid...

| HaDouKeN!!! >:D | Is there no end to this!!! :3 | Whirlwind Punch! >:3 | Dapper! :D | I'm here to fail! x3 |

BBS Signature
DrHood
DrHood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to What happened to cartoons? Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 12:02 AM Reply

While I agree with most of what you guys are saying, Regular Show is where it's at.

Ignore this signature.

BBS Signature
MrMeD
MrMeD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to What happened to cartoons? Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 12:09 AM Reply

Cartoons now appeal to the new kids of today, which are hyped-up retards.
If you really want to watch some good animation, just re-watch all shit, dig through piles of new shit, or dig through shit from different countries.

walterwagner
walterwagner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to What happened to cartoons? Dec. 1st, 2011 @ 06:28 AM Reply

agreed i just downloaded all 10.63GB of DBZ :D. kid shows nowadays are shit

I Know Drugs, I Know Video Games, I Know Rap, I Know Dru- wait...nevermind. Feel free to discuss any of these with me

BBS Signature