argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 21:30:39

At 11/28/11 09:16 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote:
At 11/28/11 09:08 PM, argile wrote: I always wondered how they were almost always on at the same time if River was played by Carroro
Logging in and out, most likely. The system would still show that they were both logged in because it takes something like twenty minutes for you name to disappear off of the "Who's online" list. He could have used two different browsers, but the alt confusion makes me think it's the prior.

But I can sort of see why he would want to end this fictional character believable as it was, I'd doubt they'd be able to keep it fresh unless you were truly clever.

InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 21:37:19

At 11/28/11 09:30 PM, argile wrote: But I can sort of see why he would want to end this fictional character believable as it was, I'd doubt they'd be able to keep it fresh unless you were truly clever.

Yeah, I can empathize with getting bored with it. The smart thing to do would have just been to stop using the account or to pull something like claiming "she" was losing her internet connection for a while, or something similar. He should have foreseen that fake a death is far too high profile and it was bound to bring him unmanageable scrutiny.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 21:40:39

So this was a hoax? What a well played hoax then, although a little bit of a risky thing to do (I saw the police go after a guy on the internet who impersonated a female and 'she' said she was going to kill herself but then we found out it was a troll.)

This will sound weird but I always suspected that something was up with Rivergrey.

I always found it so fucking weird that a girl from the internet would just pop out of nowhere onto the NG forum and just start posting and being really nice and not leaving because of all the cynical idiots here. You'd think she would become cynical herself or end up leaving or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

DarkShadowblade
DarkShadowblade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 21:42:04

Didn't "SonicFlare9" die as well?
I know this sounds harsh, but is there any evidence for her death?

Viva La Liquid Funk Baby. Keep it Mellow for all our sakes.
For Crap Nobody Cares About

BBS Signature
Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 21:43:46

you guys know don is an alt himself

right

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
SuperSilver123
SuperSilver123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 21:46:55

At 11/28/11 09:43 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote: you guys know don is an alt himself

right

R.I.P Rivergrey...

Wunderbar
Wunderbar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 21:50:06

At 11/28/11 09:46 PM, SuperSilver123 wrote:
At 11/28/11 09:43 PM, ChrisLovejoy wrote: you guys know don is an alt himself

right

R.I.P Rivergrey...

­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
 ­    ­    ­    ­   ­    ╰⋃╯私の腰は、自分自身で動いて­いる
­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­    ­      ­ やりまん

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 21:52:26

A hoax?

You're a piece of shit.

Jebbal
Jebbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:09:17

I don't understand alts. I thought everybody was obsessed with their post counts. The less accounts you make, the more posts you'll have!

| Facebook | MAC | NAC | RAC | Gamertag - SeamonkeY372 | I provide graphics! PM

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:11:49

Since I was right, Natick owes me a blowjob.

Fucker.

BBS Signature
i-am-ghey
i-am-ghey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Melancholy
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:17:10

he might have responded to me once or not in the forums, i don't really know him, but RIP anyway. it is always horrible to see people dying so young, when they have the potential contribute to society in the future.

actually, i never believed it from the start. and i think it is funny to see people's reactions afterwards.

^Just another nonsensical forum post.^

Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:23:10

At 11/28/11 10:11 PM, JoeMation wrote: Since I was right, Natick owes me a blowjob.
Fucker.

How is Natick related here?

BBS Signature
AnalPenguinFarming
AnalPenguinFarming
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:25:09

Half of everyone posting here didn't even know River was female. If everyone was so "touched" by the things River has done for you, maybe you should at least get her sex correct.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature
squidly
squidly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:29:30

Never knew her, may she R.I.P.

Good.

JonWB2005
JonWB2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:33:06

At 11/28/11 10:23 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:
At 11/28/11 10:11 PM, JoeMation wrote: Since I was right, Natick owes me a blowjob.
Fucker.

He had a crush on rivergrey, check out his profile for a nice eulogy made especially for Rivergrey.

i'm getting paid to pester you all muwhahaha

Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:37:04

At 11/28/11 10:33 PM, JonWB2005 wrote:
Fucker.
He had a crush on rivergrey, check out his profile for a nice eulogy made especially for Rivergrey.

Actually, that's not it. Check page 3.

I made a post saying hey ... I don't think this is legit, and listed things that didn't line up. Don comes back and cusses me out, trying to play me on a guilt trip or something.

In return, I come back and say chill out and these are all legitimate questions for people to ask. And listed some specific questions. Since he didn't really answer anything at all

After I posted that, Natick lashes out at my post and tries to disprove my points, and answering the questions I posed to Don. Yet he didn't know Rivergrey at all, only spoke to her over Skype from what I can tell.

And now that it seems pretty solid that this was all a farce, I feel an apology blowjob is in order.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:52:53

At 11/28/11 10:37 PM, JoeMation wrote:
At 11/28/11 10:33 PM, JonWB2005 wrote:
Actually, that's not it. Check page 3.

Oh, I understand now. But, clearly Natick is going through a hard time (probably harder than any of us). I think we should be sorry for him more than "Rivergrey" or Don. Denial is a hard phase to overcome - I don't think singling him out because of his passion is right. Had I developed a closer relationship to "her", I'd probably act the same way under these circumstances.

Death is not a joke. Shame on those who would go through the trouble to fake one in order to gain attention or popularity because you were "close friends". The death of a friend is a very difficult experience to get through.

BBS Signature
The-Lonely-Island
The-Lonely-Island
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:55:27

I do not wish to sound like a smart ass, or a jackass, but isn't there a possibility that he could be faking?

I mean, he has no proof of this.

However, if he is dead, I wish for him to have undisturbing sleep for eternity.

The Lonely Island = Best. Band. EBARR!!!

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 22:56:38

I just now saw this thread, and I must say that I'm not surprised. I recognized Rivergrey's posts and thought they were nice...

When I saw this thread, I was immediately dubious of the veracity behind it. These kinds of threads pop up frequently on the BBS. It appears that my suspicions were proven correct, that this was a hoax....what I didn't know up until now was that it was created by DonCarrera.

I find it a little sad that so many people here blindly accepted the notion that Rivergrey died without demanding any credible evidence. When evidence was demanded, inconsistencies in the story came to light.

Honestly, I kind of found this funny. Whatever.

Next time, you guys should be a lot more skeptical of reports regarding the supposed deaths of NG members.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:00:47

At 11/28/11 10:56 PM, Jedi-Master wrote: I find it a little sad that so many people here blindly accepted the notion that Rivergrey died without demanding any credible evidence. When evidence was demanded, inconsistencies in the story came to light.

I was waiting to see what you had to say about this whole story, and you didn't disappoint.

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:03:50

At 11/28/11 11:00 PM, EmmaVolt wrote:
At 11/28/11 10:56 PM, Jedi-Master wrote: I find it a little sad that so many people here blindly accepted the notion that Rivergrey died without demanding any credible evidence. When evidence was demanded, inconsistencies in the story came to light.
I was waiting to see what you had to say about this whole story, and you didn't disappoint.

I feel so honored that you awaited my response.

I wish I could've disappointed you, though. I'm quite used to disappointing people.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:05:22

At 11/28/11 11:03 PM, Jedi-Master wrote: I wish I could've disappointed you, though.

Oh ... mission accomplished ...

*sniff*

BBS Signature
Jebbal
Jebbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:12:17

I didn't believe any of this for one second. But the OP claimed that someone had died, and that's too serious a matter for me to post anything that would possibly come across as disrespectful on the off chance that it ends up being a legitimate thread. That's my excuse :)

| Facebook | MAC | NAC | RAC | Gamertag - SeamonkeY372 | I provide graphics! PM

BBS Signature
The-Last-Guardian
The-Last-Guardian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:17:19

I come out of limbo to say this.
Whether or not Rivergrey was real or not, the Rivergrey we knew is dead.
Regardless, we should wait for Don Carrera to post a reply. Though the evidence is convincing. None of you knew River as well as Blue or Natick. And the rest of you lack the insight to see beyond appearances
We should wait for Don to post a reply before decreeing this as false.
I can see all of you. None of you have suffered such a loss. Yes, you may be attempting to use your minds, but seriously, do not apply yourself into a world you don't understand.
Your only experience is with posers. None of you knew anyone who was slaughtered long term. So please, don't embarrass yourselves.

Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:20:50

At 11/28/11 11:17 PM, The-Last-Guardian wrote: None of you have suffered such a loss.

I have. And, I'm sure many others have as well.

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:22:02

At 11/28/11 11:17 PM, The-Last-Guardian wrote: None of you knew River as well as Blue or Natick. And the rest of you lack the insight to see beyond appearances

Feel free to call me out on this, but as far as Natick knew Rivergrey ... Was Skype and some internet chat rooms. Even his recent new post says as much. I can't speak for Blue but I'd assume the same.

Guys, the internet world isn't real life. You don't really "know" anyone here, unless you have met them in person.

BBS Signature
EvilerBowser1001
EvilerBowser1001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Writer
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:26:06

At 11/28/11 11:17 PM, The-Last-Guardian wrote:
I can see all of you. None of you have suffered such a loss.

Wahhhhhhhhhhh nobody can understand because a girl on the internet died!
Fuck off, I've had close friends and relatives die.

People have faked their deaths on NG before for the sake of creating drama, getting attention, or because they thought it was funny.

Hell, I considered doing this before on here, but the people I gave a shit about are people that I, you know, gave a shit about.
I'm also not some girl that everyone would care about because OMG GIRL SHE'S SO NICE!

Sorry if I'm dickish, but if this has been faked, they deserve all the shit they get frankly.

If they didn't fake it, it's still a dumb sentiment when people who don't know these people who apparently died start picking up on it and going "RIP" without knowing who they're wishing peace and eternal repose to.

Last.fm
Why the fuck did I like these forums again
CLICK SIGNATURE FOR DIFFERENT SONGS EACH WEEK

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:26:16

At 11/28/11 11:17 PM, The-Last-Guardian wrote: I come out of limbo to say this.
Whether or not Rivergrey was real or not, the Rivergrey we knew is dead.
Regardless, we should wait for Don Carrera to post a reply. Though the evidence is convincing. None of you knew River as well as Blue or Natick. And the rest of you lack the insight to see beyond appearances
We should wait for Don to post a reply before decreeing this as false.
I can see all of you. None of you have suffered such a loss. Yes, you may be attempting to use your minds, but seriously, do not apply yourself into a world you don't understand.
Your only experience is with posers. None of you knew anyone who was slaughtered long term. So please, don't embarrass yourselves.

So based off of this you shouldn't automatically judge anyone by what is portrayed behind text or anything else by visual context when you don't even know the person in close matter Kind of like a lawyer in training who tries twists things around only when they're embaressing they're own clients as it becomes more far fetched with the misinformation?

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:26:46

At 11/28/11 11:12 PM, JebbaL wrote:
I didn't believe any of this for one second. But the OP claimed that someone had died, and that's too serious a matter for me to post anything that would possibly come across as disrespectful on the off chance that it ends up being a legitimate thread. That's my excuse :)

That's very reasonable. Of course, I would've been a little "rude" by asking for some evidence, as some other BBS users here did. I simply can't accept that someone here died without some credible evidence.

BBS Signature
froggerfreak
froggerfreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to R.I.P Rivergrey... 2011-11-28 23:30:21

Net whores. Nasty scum they are, and this one didn't even bother to gain anything out of it besides the damn attention, as far I can tell. Although I do admit a thumbs up on effort.

I know someone is going to flame me on this but I suspected a long time ago that Rivergrey was out for a profit, along with a few other notorious female NG users. I know this because I've done some e-whoring my self, and the signs are easy to detect to the trained eye.

Here is a link just to show a small glimpse of what the community is like for this... Activity. (NSFW)

Harry, you will never learn until it is to late.

Valar Morghulis []

BBS Signature