New Topic Respond to this Topic
Salnax
Salnax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 07:19 PM Reply

Well, this may be a bit early, but what games do you think Nintendo will launch along with the Wii U sometime next year?

Unfortunately, a lot of the best bets for Nintendo are unlikely. I doubt we'll see a Zelda or 3D Mario game months after Skyward Sword and 3D Land, for example, and a lot of Nintendo's studios are making 3DS games. But there are a few developers in the Nintendo family that have had the time to make Wii U launch titles.

First, we have Pikmin 3. That game is supposedly being developed by EAD group 4, the developers of the Wii versions of Pikmin 1 and 2 and the New Super Mario Bros games. Although this means that a New 2D Mario game probably won't be out for a while, Pikmin 3 would be a great title to convince hardcore Nintendo fans that they're not been forgotten.

For casual players, look no further than EAD Group 5, the makers of Wii Fit, and ND Cube, who made Wii Party. My guess is that we'll have a new Party Game and Fitness Game at launch.

Moving on to 2nd party studios, we have Genious Sonority. These guys haven't made a game in a while, but they're the guys who made Pokemon Battle Revolution. I believe they could be working on a New Pokemon Stadium-like Game that incorporates the 5th generation of games.

Good-Feel seems to produce a major game every two years, meaning they could have a new 2D Platformer ready for the Wii U's launch. Considering they're experience, it would be hard to figure out which franchise they'd make. Maybe a new IP? I'd love for Epic Yarn to be its own series.

Monster Games makes a new racing game for Nintendo's console every few years. I believe we can see a new Excite series racing game at launch.

These guesses are based on Nintendo's studios, their previous games, and whose currently busy on what. What do you think?

FlaminSquirrel
FlaminSquirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 07:30 PM Reply

A launch-title Pikmin would be a blast. I doubt they'll have much on a new Mario or Zelda, but perhaps they will have something like at E3 2011 regarding them. Other than that a new F-Zero or Starfox game would be pretty cool. I say we need another Pokemon Colosseum or something.

As far as third-party games go, there's plenty of 'em. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dragon Quest X make an appearance on the Wii U's launch. Also, Batman: Arkham City has been announced for it, and seeing how it's out now, the only thing holdin' them back is the system's launch.

TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 07:32 PM Reply

Some lame gimmicky 3rd party shit nobody really cares for

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 08:22 PM Reply

I don't want to plug my own thread unless I really thought the conversation would be suited for it, so if a mod thinks i'm being an attention whore, I'm sorry.

Back on topic though, Ninja Gaiden 3 is thew only confirmed launch title.

Expext lots of EA games, most likely a Battefield 3 port, considering how much EA was seen at E3 2011.

I hope they release those minigames they showcased at E3 in a Wii play style package, or atleast bundle a few of them with the system. They would make good equivalents to Wii Sports.

Salnax
Salnax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 08:31 PM Reply

At 11/27/11 08:22 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I don't want to plug my own thread unless I really thought the conversation would be suited for it, so if a mod thinks i'm being an attention whore, I'm sorry.

Mods, if you think that thread would be a better fit, feel free to close this one.

Back on topic though, Ninja Gaiden 3 is the only confirmed launch title.

Expext lots of EA games, most likely a Battefield 3 port, considering how much EA was seen at E3 2011.

I'm personally expecting most of the big multiplat releases of late 2012 to show up on the Wii U.

I hope they release those minigames they showcased at E3 in a Wii play style package, or atleast bundle a few of them with the system. They would make good equivalents to Wii Sports.

Maybe Nd Cube will include them in their hypothetical party game?

TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 08:32 PM Reply

I know ubisoft is having a few games coming to wiiU.

BBS Signature
Abuyaqoub
Abuyaqoub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 27th, 2011 @ 09:20 PM Reply

I really want a kick ass multiplayer third party game like borderlands 2 I think that will come to the wii U then there are other games whether multiplayer or not such as "dead space 3" and I would fall in love if skyrim comes to the wii u even though im already playing it on PC.

they're due for a new metroid, and like if they wait any longer for the new pikmin its gonna be like duke nukem all over again and no one wants that ryt?

a new kick ass mario kart with something so unheard of its gonna make me jizz my pants, and to top it all off a brand new nintendo character thatll have every one wanna check him out in the new brawl game.

nintendo fan since 97

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 02:34 AM Reply

Well if you watched E3, we know for sure that a Mario game is going to be a launch title, specifically New Super Mario Bros Mii. Seems to be very similar to NSMBW, but you are able to play with your Mii as well

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 05:36 AM Reply

Im going to guess Pikmin 3 some mario game and the stunning return of F-Zero racing. Maybe a new Star Fox game will sneak in as well.

Abuyaqoub
Abuyaqoub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 09:13 AM Reply

At 11/28/11 05:36 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Im going to guess Pikmin 3 some mario game and the stunning return of F-Zero racing. Maybe a new Star Fox game will sneak in as well.

oo, Id love to see a new F-zero game, nvr got into the star fox franchise but Id play it if it had high end graphics,

and to leo, I saw that, it hardly qualifies as anything :p I actually thought it was just a remake with extra levels and playable mii characters (woopti doo) but im talking about a real mario game. as much as I loved mario galaxy, I loved super mario 64 alot more cuz it allowed you to venture through the worlds more rather than just fly from one strip of land to the nxt until you reach your goal :p

nintendo fan since 97

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 01:14 PM Reply

Wii Sports 3? I don't know really, you took all of my choices haha.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 02:29 PM Reply

At 11/28/11 02:34 AM, Lionel738 wrote: Well if you watched E3, we know for sure that a Mario game is going to be a launch title, specifically New Super Mario Bros Mii.

But the next BIG Mario game won't come out for a while. They haven't been launch titles since the N64 days.

Wolfos
Wolfos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 02:52 PM Reply

A new F-Zero. It would be bloody gorgeous!

Salnax
Salnax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 03:01 PM Reply

At 11/28/11 02:52 PM, Wolfos wrote: A new F-Zero. It would be bloody gorgeous!

Maybe from Monster Games! They certainly have enough experience with racers. And their Excite games are considered to be the best none Mario-Kart racing games for the Wii.

SblurX
SblurX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 09:02 PM Reply

I want to see a Super Mario Sunshine 2 for the Wii U.

I'm gonna guess that a Zelda game will be a launch title or maybe a Pokemon game.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 09:04 PM Reply

At 11/28/11 02:34 AM, Lionel738 wrote: Well if you watched E3, we know for sure that a Mario game is going to be a launch title, specifically New Super Mario Bros Mii. Seems to be very similar to NSMBW, but you are able to play with your Mii as well

Oh man I dearly hope that isn't actually to be a new Wii U launch game.

BBS Signature
Salnax
Salnax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Wii U Launch Game guesses Nov. 28th, 2011 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 11/28/11 09:04 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 11/28/11 02:34 AM, Lionel738 wrote: Well if you watched E3, we know for sure that a Mario game is going to be a launch title, specifically New Super Mario Bros Mii. Seems to be very similar to NSMBW, but you are able to play with your Mii as well
Oh man I dearly hope that isn't actually to be a new Wii U launch game.

I seriously doubt it. The 2D Mario team is also the Pikmin team, so if Pikmin is confirmed, it could be a while before we see another 2D Mario.