New Topic Respond to this Topic
UltimateCJ64
UltimateCJ64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
snowboard game logo intro? 2011-11-27 01:59:20 Reply

Hai guize! Workin on a snowboard game, I wanted some second opinions on my title screen logo. Thought I'd run it by here real quick, if that's all right. Let me know what y'all think.
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/26b1 73e7e53b859dae52d63b6dfd7b73

(I'll also run the "physics" by when I finish that part.)

Deviantart Page!?
"Does the dumping grounds support MP4s? I tried to upload one and it says you can't."
"Does your brain support common sense? :\"

BBS Signature
Seoen
Seoen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to snowboard game logo intro? 2011-11-27 13:10:48 Reply

Thats pretty cool.
I say stick with the concept but maybe change up a few of the colors in the text, but thats just me.

Nae
Nae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 01
Artist
Response to snowboard game logo intro? 2011-11-27 13:57:27 Reply

At 11/27/11 01:59 AM, UltimateCJ64 wrote: I wanted some second opinions on my title screen logo.

Just a heads up... I've heard of more than one case of people getting into trouble for using a flying toaster. Threats of legal action or what have you. So you might want to pull that out now before you get too far.

I think 'awesome snowboard' is too hard to read. 'x treme' isn't at the same angle/perspective, and 'treme' is hand-drawn (which is a personal pet peeve of mine lol) so it looks a bit sloppy. The X ...well, all the elements, really... come in too slow and far apart.

Totally diggin' the abominable snowman with guitar! I think he should be a bigger focal point. Maybe move the dude on the bottom to the top, ditch the toaster and balance it out that way (in other words, all three characters above the title).

I'm not a fan of the yellow... maybe try playing with some other colors/combos (all blue sky, add other colors to the characters, etc.)

"Why do you hide, stupid aliens? Mr. Zurkon only wishes for to kill you."

BBS Signature
ronk
ronk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Programmer
Response to snowboard game logo intro? 2011-11-27 17:45:24 Reply

the logo is really great, but i think you should pipe down on the perspective a bit, just to improve readability