New Topic Respond to this Topic
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 18:22:08 Reply

I never could respect the absolute genius of Disney-Pixar when I was younger. But, now that I've grown to understand the many layers of humor appealing to every age, I have to say, they give you experiences like no other film developer. I can't think of anyone that has quite matched Disney Pixar over the years. And, I think it has a lot to do with their selection of music. Honestly, has any movie or series of movies given you the same feeling of nostalgia when you listen to the soundtracks? They are all beautiful pieces of work. I dare you to listen to at least one of them all the way through!

A Bug's Life
Toy Story
Monsters Inc.
The Incredibles (By the way, this title was brilliant)
Finding Nemo
Cars

The Bug's Life soundtrack makes me cry sometimes, haha. Has music alone given you as much nostalgia as Disney-Pixar movies? Or does music seem more like background noise, and it's the visuals that remind you of your childhood?

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 18:23:15 Reply

All the movies you listed are pretty awesome besides "The Incredibles".

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Teddyriffic
Teddyriffic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 18:26:34 Reply

I nostalgia'd to the Monsters Inc. theme . It is one of my favorite movies as a kid and I seen it dozens of times.

One thing about those soundtracks that make them amazing is that they have that nice classical music feel, like something from the 50's or 60's !

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 18:29:46 Reply

All of those movies are great.

Was Antz made by them because that's my favorite movie ever. I always get it mixed up with a bugs life though, which is also one of my favorite movies.

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 18:30:32 Reply

Although the movies you listed seem great(With the exception of The Incredibles; I didn't like it), I prefer the ones from the Disney Renaissance of the 90's, my favorite being The Lion King.

This musical from the Lion King gives me a powerful sense of nostalgia. It's just perfect.

The 90's was a great time for cartoon entertainment.

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
Jebbal
Jebbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 18:35:20 Reply

I've always loved Pixar, but I became obsessed after Wall-E came out. Such an amazing movie!

There is so much depth in all of their work, which it why they appeal to all ages. People tend to overlook this and view them as silly children's movies :(

| Facebook | MAC | NAC | RAC | Gamertag - SeamonkeY372 | I provide graphics! PM

BBS Signature
Mizzjuicyflava
Mizzjuicyflava
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Reader
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 18:35:25 Reply

Monster's Inc is my all time favorite Disney Pixar movie. Beauty and The Beast is the movie I treasure the most. The music is so beautiful. As a child I used to pretend I was Bell and dance to theme.

HEY BOO!!!

BBS Signature
benjadaninja
benjadaninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 19:20:54 Reply

Love all there movies but Cars 2 was awful.

Ronald-McDonald-LoL
Ronald-McDonald-LoL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 19:30:41 Reply

Pixar just has a golden touch. Seemingly everything they make appeals to me in one way or another. I was very skeptical that they were making a third Toy Story movie after a decade, but they managed to pull it off. I will not doubt them again. The soundtracks just complete the movies.

Dora's Bike | Descent Club | EGB | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature
shrimpchris
shrimpchris
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 19:33:57 Reply

At 11/23/11 06:32 PM, Natick wrote:
At 11/23/11 06:25 PM, Otto wrote:
At 11/23/11 06:23 PM, J-Rex wrote: All the movies you listed are pretty awesome besides "The Incredibles".
If you don't get why the Incredibles was good then you've never had a shitty job or a dream
^This a thousand times over.

And if you didn't cry during Toy Story 3, you have no soul.

I didn't cry, but I definitely couldn't stop myself from tearing up quite a bit.

Oolaph
Oolaph
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 19:35:47 Reply

At 11/23/11 07:20 PM, benjadaninja wrote: Love all there movies but Cars 2 was awful.

I still have to watch that one. I never really enjoyed the first Cars, so I wasn't interested in seeing it when it was in theaters. But it's still a Pixar movie, and that alone makes me feel the need to watch it at least once.

BBS Signature
Razz
Razz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 19:37:24 Reply

At 11/23/11 06:22 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: The Incredibles (By the way, this title was brilliant)

How is it brilliant? They might as well named it 'The Super Powerful People' or 'A Super Family' or 'Family with Powers'

Or maybe I'm just missing obvious sarcasm

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-23 23:17:59 Reply

At 11/23/11 06:32 PM, Natick wrote: And if you didn't cry during Toy Story 3, you have no soul.

So true. I never cried so much in any movie before Toy Story 3.

At 11/23/11 07:37 PM, JoeMation wrote:
At 11/23/11 06:22 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: The Incredibles (By the way, this title was brilliant)
How is it brilliant? They might as well named it 'The Super Powerful People' or 'A Super Family' or 'Family with Powers'

I thought it was extremely well done for a rather difficult theme to pull off with a sense of unique creativity. It also had loads of humor meant for adults (specifically at the dad's work and the arguments between him and the mom). Not to mention the soundtrack was amazing.

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 00:39:58 Reply

At 11/23/11 06:22 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: Honestly, has any movie or series of movies given you the same feeling of nostalgia when you listen to the soundtracks?

music should not be the central focus of a film so i don't really care for soundtracks at all.

Has music alone given you as much nostalgia as Disney-Pixar movies?

possibly more than any movie i watched as a child.

Light
Light
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 00:41:08 Reply

At 11/24/11 12:39 AM, GiantDouche wrote:
At 11/23/11 06:22 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: Honestly, has any movie or series of movies given you the same feeling of nostalgia when you listen to the soundtracks?
music should not be the central focus of a film so i don't really care for soundtracks at all.

What about musicals?

I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
BlackEyedPeas
BlackEyedPeas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 00:41:46 Reply

The only movie listed that's awesome is Finding Nemo."

I do not claim ownership of this logo, credit to The Black Eyed Peas for making this logo.

BBS Signature
HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 01:24:25 Reply

God damn it, I should kill you. You made me think that Pixar was coming out with a movie called "Like No Other" You got my fucking hopes up.

At anyrate, FINALLY, someone who appreciates the epicness of Pixar almost as much as I do. Have you seen the documentary on it? You should find on Netflix or look it up, it's pretty interesting and goes all the way up to The Incredibles I think. But yeah, Pixar owns all animated movies for children in the 2000's.

The way I see it, Disney was fucking amazing in the 90's with their animated movies, Lion King has to be the best damn movie I've ever seen. But when they lost it in the 2000's, guess who picked up the magic? Pixar. Pixar is like Disney from the 90's and has offered me hit after hit and an amazing line of movies I will force my children to watch, no matter how much they want to see their shitty 4D movies.

I won't rest till they've seen The Lion King, Aladdin, Finding Nemo, Toy Story and Wall-E. Hell, I should just show them Lion King and Toy Story, that alone should have them hooked.

Also, How 'bout them Dreams Works? Anybody? meh, worth a shot.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 01:30:11 Reply

Pixar as a whole really makes impressive animations with stories to match.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 01:41:28 Reply

At 11/23/11 06:23 PM, J-Rex wrote: All the movies you listed are pretty awesome besides "The Incredibles".

lol gtfo, I loved that film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

DrunkenMonkey123
DrunkenMonkey123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 02:29:11 Reply

Disney were good. Pixar were awesome. When they teamed together a super creature of awesome animations was born!

Fact.

I had sex with a pie.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 08:09:13 Reply

Oh my god, there's just way to many Pixar movies that reached out to me. Hmmm, now that I look at them other than Cars 2 the entire library of Pixar works reached out to me whether it was as a kid or currently. The Toy Story Trilogy remains my all time favorite movies and I hope to God they DO NOT make a Toy Story 4 because that would ruin the whole thing. A Bugs Life, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Cars, Wall-E, Up, all of these were excellent films. I fear Cars 2 may be the turning point for Pixar though.

BBS Signature
TheSandyman
TheSandyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 08:16:58 Reply

At 11/23/11 07:37 PM, JoeMation wrote:

Or maybe I'm just missing obvious sarcasm

He didn't mean the title of the movie was brilliant, he meant that the movie itself was.

I dare you, I doubledare you to click this image.

BBS Signature
kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 08:22:57 Reply

At 11/23/11 06:26 PM, Teddyriffic wrote: One thing about those soundtracks that make them amazing is that they have that nice classical music feel, like something from the 50's or 60's !
Classical
50's or 60's

Er, what?

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 08:30:03 Reply

At 11/23/11 06:32 PM, Natick wrote: And if you didn't cry during Toy Story 3, you have no soul.

I just couldn't get over how it ended with an inevitable cycle. 15 or so years down the line she will be heading off to college as well and Woody and the gang will be in the same situation. And that's if their lucky. This girl could outgrow or get bored of her toys any day. Plus the odds of them being lost, thrown away, broken, etc could greatly rise depending on how good the girl is to her belongings. Andy was really a godsend for those toys.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 14:01:52 Reply

At 11/24/11 08:09 AM, tyler2513 wrote: I fear Cars 2 may be the turning point for Pixar though.

I never actually saw Cars 2 - even before I heard about how bad it was. It was sort of impossible to make a decent sequel to the original. I'd probably feel the same way towards a second Incredibles, a new Toy Story series, or a second Monster's Inc. Sometimes, developers just need to think without money on their minds.

At 11/24/11 01:52 PM, Natick wrote:
At 11/24/11 08:30 AM, Hemlok wrote: 15 or so years down the line she will be heading off to college as well
Why are you calling him a she?

He was talking about the girl at the end of Toy Story 3 (I think).

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 14:11:59 Reply

At 11/23/11 06:22 PM, EmmaVolt wrote: I can't think of anyone that has quite matched Disney Pixar over the years.

Well, Studio Ghibli has made about as many highly anticipated animation films as Pixar, but most their successes come from the 80's, late 90's and early 00's.

But yeah, I like Pixar as well although they have been a bit hit and miss with me. I liked Wall.E and the Toy Story series, but I didn't really care much for Up and Ratatouille. Finding Nemo and The Incredibles were pretty enjoyable in my opinion, but I can't say I'm feeling all that nostalgic about them.

Also, I'm very much looking forward to Brave.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 17:24:20 Reply

At 11/24/11 01:52 PM, Natick wrote:
At 11/24/11 08:30 AM, Hemlok wrote: 15 or so years down the line she will be heading off to college as well and Woody and the gang will be in the same situation. And that's if their lucky. This girl could outgrow or get bored of her toys any day. Plus the odds of them being lost, thrown away, broken, etc could greatly rise depending on how good the girl is to her belongings.
Why are you calling him a she?

The she was referring to the girl he ended up giving the toys to at the end. Don't remember her name. I want to say Cindy.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature
Magical-Zorse
Magical-Zorse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 18:41:51 Reply

Monsters Inc. was a truly great movie.

BBS Signature
DarkMatter
DarkMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Animator
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 18:50:44 Reply

The view must be quite dark when your heads jammed in your colon.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THAT DUDE WITH THE RED HAT BROWN TRENCH COAT AND SHOTGUN?!?! I miss the old ASSASSIN days. Click Me

BBS Signature
zelda1626
zelda1626
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Disney Pixar: Like No Other 2011-11-24 18:53:23 Reply

all of these films were just awsome

BBS Signature