New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nor
Nor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Reader
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-09 21:50:06 Reply

I have my hopes for it just because I loved icarus as a child.

わたしのぺにす

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-10 00:45:37 Reply

At 4/9/12 02:24 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I found a good online database for AR cards. http://ar.essh.co/kid-icarus I scanned atleast 25 I didn't have before, and if you need an achievement or some quick cash, this should help.

wow, thanks!

One thing I really wish the game had was a cutscene player. I don't like having to replay levels for a minute or two of footage.

Yeah, that would be nice

I used my feathers for Viridi's and Palutena's puzzles, I evaluated the hardest remaining challenges and luckily the prizes were mostly music, which I really want.

i havent used my feathers yet, i like to achieve as many achievements as i can on my own that i know i can achieve, then use the feathers for anything thats left, if any

What's you favourite music track? It's a three way tie between Magnus' theme, the air theme for the Reaper level, and the ground theme for the Reset bomb forest. A really great soundtrack, especially for a handheld. I wish Club Nintendo of America would give away the soundtrack like they're doing in Japan.

Probably the chapter 15 music: Aurum Island. Either that, or chapter 16 music, Aurum Hive. They are just so catchy! Plus, thats just my kind of music

Anyways, this game was well worth my money, good contender for best 3DS game within launch year.

Oh most definitely

At 4/9/12 08:59 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I forgot to mention that Magnus is actually given a slight backstory in the form of in game dialogue. You simply need to play it on higher intensities during chapter 2. Apparently Gaol was in the same mercenary troop as him, and she got captured while scoping out the Underworld forces. She was brainwashed, and turned evil, so yeah.

Hmm, guess i'll have to do that. I played it at 7.4 though, do i need to go higher?

I found another really great quote, in the form of a weapon conversation, when they fill up space by talking abotu your current weapon class.

Yeah, i like all the different convos you can get about each type of weapon

I love all the videogame references. As of right now, my best weapon is an Aurum bow.

Oh man so do i, especially at chapter 22, when Pit likens the komaytos to metroids, and Viridi freaks out and tells him to shut up cuz that video game universe is in no way related to this one.
I also just fused and got an awesome Electroshock Arm, and it is kick-ass. Its one of my new main weapons. Probably one of my best too.
---------
Is no one playing multiplayer anymore, or is the time we've set up just too late for people?
Also, does anyone think the Space Kraken looks a little like an Octorok?

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-10 01:04:59 Reply

Is the multiplayer in this any good? I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I just beat the singleplayer this weekend.

Abuyaqoub
Abuyaqoub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-10 02:52:25 Reply

At 4/10/12 01:04 AM, Emlfuryoflion wrote: Is the multiplayer in this any good? I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I just beat the singleplayer this weekend.

think of the first time you ever played super smash bros brawl....... its just like that.... and even better with people you know. wat makes it so great is the fact that its on the 3ds. the next gen hand held that can do so much more than the ds. I sometimes spend a minute fighitng against one opponent. me and leo just kept circling each other trying to hit one another. and the fact that you can equip items makes the thrill all the more exciting. trust me. you'll love it. and you dont need a human to play it. you can play against the computer. they really over did it with this game :)

nintendo fan since 97

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-11 00:10:20 Reply

Alright, good multiplayer session today! Me and BB rocked it in LvD.
Not much to say this time, ive been fusing my weaker weapons together over and over to get stronger weapons and to just have not so many weapons over all.
Also been trying to unlock some more music tracks. As ive been doing so, i had to redo level 15, the beginning of the Aurum chapters. As i was playing through, i noticed something i didnt notice before, another video game refrence: You know the main attackers of the Aurum, those triangular guys? well on the back of them is a triforce, a freaking white and green triforce. I cant believe i didnt catch this before.
So yeah, just a little update.

Anti-pie
Anti-pie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 15:29:35 Reply

Surprised how dead this thread is. I love this game. (But my left hand doesn't...)

We're meat and that's it. So lets fuck it, fuck it, fuck it. Minecraft: JuJitsuLipShitz

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 15:54:05 Reply

At 4/12/12 03:29 PM, Anti-pie wrote: Surprised how dead this thread is. I love this game. (But my left hand doesn't...)

I wouldn't say it's dead. Someone posted in it yesterday. I found ever since I started using the included stand my hand is fine.

Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 17:40:29 Reply

I don't understand the people with hand pains. I consider my self more fragile than most and I don't use the stand and feel nothing. Now granted I don't sit down for several hours playing it at a time but I have had some decently long sessions with the game and still never felt a need to use the stand.

Also after trying the multiplayer im afraid to say im not the biggest fan of this game as a whole. The single player was fine but its not something I would play twice to be quite honest and the multiplayer felt very repetitive and kind of boring actually. I think im ready to put this game to rest already and go back to my 2nd playthrough of Tales of the Abyss 3D.

I'l give this game a 7/10.

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 19:44:14 Reply

I haven't been playing this or any video game for a little while now because the one who I define as my best friend, only one who understood me, and loved me possibly more than I loved her has passed away. She was the greatest cat anybody could ever know. May she just understand how much I love and miss her, her soul waits for me in Heaven and I shall meet her someday on Rainbow Bridge.

BBS Signature
fawnret
fawnret
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 20:22:01 Reply

I've been looking up stuff on the crafting system and I've almost figured it all out. The actors that decide what bonuses transfer and stuff is still confusing though. I crafted my two best weapons into a drill arm which is pretty bad ass looking ( reminds me of gurren lagann or something ) I kind of miss my cursed palm though. I figured out how to craft another with this drill, but if the fusion won't give me any of the bonuses my drill has that I really want to keep. It's pretty frustrating really >_< Just gotta keep hording weapons and hope I get lucky one day. Until then I'll keep rocking my drill

Gamertag: Catspirit123 home forum

BBS Signature
Abuyaqoub
Abuyaqoub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 22:35:22 Reply

that was a seriously an awesome multiplayer game you guys :D

nintendo fan since 97

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 22:46:39 Reply

At 4/12/12 08:22 PM, fawnret wrote: I've been looking up stuff on the crafting system and I've almost figured it all out. The actors that decide what bonuses transfer and stuff is still confusing though. I crafted my two best weapons into a drill arm which is pretty bad ass looking ( reminds me of gurren lagann or something )

That was fun, I got a pretty good Darkness bow from free for all that I really like, it has high petrification properties and has a great range.

I recently completed every chapter on atleast 5.0, mostly Dyntos' forge was giving me trouble, thanks to some cheap enemy placement. I actually found chapter 25 to be incredibly easy once you figured out the patterns. I came really close to a 9.0 victory, and have an 8.0 victory. My average for completed chapters is currently 5.4.

And Tyler, I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 22:57:35 Reply

At 4/12/12 08:22 PM, fawnret wrote: but if the fusion won't give me any of the bonuses my drill has that I really want to keep. It's pretty frustrating really

Yeah, this is my problem. when i try to fuse some of my stronger weapons together, the resulting weapon usually has good stats, but almost none of the bonuses i wanted from either weapon, or some of the bad bonuses, so i decide not to go through with it
------
Awesome multiplayer today, Me, immunity and fawnret busted each other up in LvD. It was interesting because most of the time, both immunity and fawnret were using a drill arm, so whenever they fought each other, it became a huge drill fight, it was kinda funny :P
I have to say, i get some of my best weapons from multiplayer, i got an awesome cursed palm today. it was nice because i was trying to fuse to get a good one anyway.
Damn, Hades achievements are hard, i'll tell ya what.

fawnret
fawnret
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-12 23:07:37 Reply

At 4/12/12 10:57 PM, Lionelion wrote:
------
Awesome multiplayer today, Me, immunity and fawnret busted each other up in LvD. It was interesting because most of the time, both immunity and fawnret were using a drill arm, so whenever they fought each other, it became a huge drill fight, it was kinda funny :P
I have to say, i get some of my best weapons from multiplayer, i got an awesome cursed palm today. it was nice because i was trying to fuse to get a good one anyway.
Damn, Hades achievements are hard, i'll tell ya what.

The drill fights were awesome. If only we could make them spin and stuff. Clashing with them would be epic.

I do love the palm weapons. I have a midnight palm that adds a bunch to my speed which is fun, but I don't really like the feel of the weapon as a whole. I prefer the fire one or the cutter one, my favorite is still the cursed palm though so I'm really trying to recreate it as I said earlier. Really what I want to keep most is the bonus to my frontal charge shots since it packs one hell of a punch on the right weapons. I really could care less about the lesser bonuses my drill has.

also I gotta say, I really hate that when I die in singleplayer it lowers the difficulty. If I want to get my ass kicked over and over on 9 then let me dammit! It makes victory so much more rewarding!!!

BBS Signature
Abuyaqoub
Abuyaqoub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-13 00:38:22 Reply

The drill fights were awesome. If only we could make them spin and stuff. Clashing with them would be epic.

yeah, I was like F@#$ HE HAS A DRILL TOO >.< but I LOVE the land mines, id place one, run and have fawnret step over it :3

nintendo fan since 97

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-13 07:09:27 Reply

At 4/13/12 12:38 AM, Abuyaqoub wrote:
yeah, I was like F@#$ HE HAS A DRILL TOO >.< but I LOVE the land mines, id place one, run and have fawnret step over it :3

land mines are by far my favorite power to use, no one ever expects them, and it does a good amount of damage too

Abuyaqoub
Abuyaqoub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-13 11:06:05 Reply

land mines are by far my favorite power to use, no one ever expects them, and it does a good amount of damage too

I also love the chaos created from the explosives,

kid icarus REALLY makes you multitask and the better you are at realizing your surroundings all the while using every bit of your mind to control everything, the better you are at this game. I mean, you got the stylus, the joystick, and the L button, and on top of that, you have to use the stylus for the items as well and you start to panic when everything around you is either blowing up or in flames and you KNOW fawnret is behind you because there are HUGE ass drills raping you from behind XD

nintendo fan since 97

convict357
convict357
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-13 15:02:30 Reply

Hai guys, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm gonna get KIU as an early birthday present next month.

Click my sig, it says so.

BBS Signature
Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-13 16:07:56 Reply

I didn't think the power system was implemented well enough. I mean sure when you are in single player you can activate them easily enough if you have the ones you need the most the front of your lineup, but switching and activating accurately is too imprecise with the stylus, and you still need to look at the bottom screen which could cost you a death.

My favourite power is the interference one, it's annoying as hell and disables power usage. I also like the reflect barrier and the super speed ones.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-13 23:58:03 Reply

At 4/13/12 04:07 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I didn't think the power system was implemented well enough. I mean sure when you are in single player you can activate them easily enough if you have the ones you need the most the front of your lineup, but switching and activating accurately is too imprecise with the stylus, and you still need to look at the bottom screen which could cost you a death.

its actually easier if you move between the powers using the control pad, and also using it to activate your power as well. Not sure if you knew this, but once you have a power selected, if you hit down on the control pad, you'll activate it. Once i found out about that, it made using powers so much easier.

My favourite power is the interference one, it's annoying as hell and disables power usage. I also like the reflect barrier and the super speed ones.

I should be using the interference one more, its quite helpful. Reflect barrier is also quite good as long as you use it well, like activating it just before you get hit by a charged shot, or activating it in a certain area to effectively trap you in and shield you.
One of my favorite powers is the Counter one, it immediately attacks back when youve been attacked, and it saves you from getting knocked back.
-----------
Awesome multiplayer today guys, we had 4 guys at once, that was the best we've had so far! Me, BB, Fawnret, and Immunity all fought each other in LvD. Me and Fawnret took on BB and Immunity. Though BB didnt come on immediately, so it was me Fawnret and Immunity at first.
Damn, those explosive flames are more powerful than I thought, i got killed quite a few times just because i couldnt retaliate due to the flames hurting me. Plus, what with Fawret's cursed palm homing in on me, i couldnt really do a thing. Though it was fun fighting him with my own cursed palm, trading homing blow for homing blow. Even more fun when we were on the same team, double teaming someone with homing shots. Gotta say though, the cursed palm's charged shot has incredible homing ability. More than once i was sure i had dodged away from a charged shot, only for it to turn around and hit me in the back.

fawnret
fawnret
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-14 11:38:30 Reply

At 4/13/12 11:58 PM, Lionelion wrote: -----------
Awesome multiplayer today guys, we had 4 guys at once, that was the best we've had so far! Me, BB, Fawnret, and Immunity all fought each other in LvD. Me and Fawnret took on BB and Immunity. Though BB didnt come on immediately, so it was me Fawnret and Immunity at first.
Damn, those explosive flames are more powerful than I thought, i got killed quite a few times just because i couldnt retaliate due to the flames hurting me. Plus, what with Fawret's cursed palm homing in on me, i couldnt really do a thing. Though it was fun fighting him with my own cursed palm, trading homing blow for homing blow. Even more fun when we were on the same team, double teaming someone with homing shots. Gotta say though, the cursed palm's charged shot has incredible homing ability. More than once i was sure i had dodged away from a charged shot, only for it to turn around and hit me in the back.

Yeah I turned my drill back into a cursed palm. It kept all the traits of the drill and orbiters I combined EXCEPT for the speed boost which kind of bummed me out. At least it's range and melee stats are fairly high and it has it's charge shot boost. One time in that waiting area where you hit the training enemy, I shot a charged curse palm shot at it at close range. The blast ended up circling it 2 or 3 times which was crazy

I did have a fair amount of fun last night. It's much better with four players since everything's all even. I mean, yeah you get computers but they really aren't a great substitute for people in the long run. Also that one round where it was you three against me, that was like... the ultimate gang bang there :P

BBS Signature
Abuyaqoub
Abuyaqoub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-14 15:17:14 Reply

I did have a fair amount of fun last night. It's much better with four players since everything's all even. I mean, yeah you get computers but they really aren't a great substitute for people in the long run. Also that one round where it was you three against me, that was like... the ultimate gang bang there :P

ultimate gangbang? what about when I was pit and all three of you beat the crap outta be in the corner >.< I couldnt move, I tried to heal but but but....... </3 still, AWESOME ASS MATCH YOU GUYS :D

nintendo fan since 97

Bobbybroccoli
Bobbybroccoli
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-14 21:32:56 Reply

I noticed a trend with the amount of players playing in a match. You get more hearts even if you lose with more players in the game. This is pretty understandable, and I got atleast 5 new weapons yesterday, the best being a Rose Staff.

I'm trying to get the Centurion orbitars at last, crisis mode against Chariot Master is so slow and tedious, especially if you lose.

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-14 22:24:06 Reply

At 4/14/12 11:38 AM, fawnret wrote: I did have a fair amount of fun last night. It's much better with four players since everything's all even. I mean, yeah you get computers but they really aren't a great substitute for people in the long run. Also that one round where it was you three against me, that was like... the ultimate gang bang there :P

yeah, sorry bout that, i had to try that in at least one round, but after that i stayed with you to keep things even.

At 4/14/12 09:32 PM, Bobbybroccoli wrote: I noticed a trend with the amount of players playing in a match. You get more hearts even if you lose with more players in the game. This is pretty understandable, and I got atleast 5 new weapons yesterday, the best being a Rose Staff.

Yeah, you know how when in levels after the flying part but before the land battle it tells you a random fact about the game? well one of those facts says that you gain more hearts and better items the more people you play with in multiplayer, ie more players equal better rewards for all.

I'm trying to get the Centurion orbitars at last, crisis mode against Chariot Master is so slow and tedious, especially if you lose.

yeah, doing that was tough, especially since the Chariot Master is, in my opinion, one of the easier bosses. You have to get a feel for how many attacks he can take, then let him whittle your health down so you can land the final blow(s)
---------
Im trying to work on better fusions, but some of the better weapons i have either seem to always pass over the bad stats, or its one of the weapons that i just dont want to fuse with yet, so i need to keep finding more items
Have you guys noticed those wreath icons that are on the level selection screen? I found out that if the wreath is green, it means that you havent explored every area in that level, probably meaning that you need to replay it on a higher level to go into one of those intensity doors. However, if the wreath is gold, it means youve explored every area in the level.

fawnret
fawnret
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-14 22:40:06 Reply

no multiplayer tonight bummed me out. Too bad, I just got a nifty set of stealth claws I wanted to try out...

aw well, time to work on more fusions and then it's back to playing fallout for the night.

BBS Signature
Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-15 03:46:00 Reply

At 4/14/12 10:40 PM, fawnret wrote: no multiplayer tonight bummed me out. Too bad, I just got a nifty set of stealth claws I wanted to try out...

aw well, time to work on more fusions and then it's back to playing fallout for the night.

i was on at the right time, but i didnt see anyone else on, so i didnt bother setting up a room

Abuyaqoub
Abuyaqoub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-15 12:10:22 Reply

yeah sry guys, I lost track of time and by the time I tried to get on it was 9:45 but hey, theres always tonight ryt :)

nintendo fan since 97

Lionelion
Lionelion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-15 23:48:04 Reply

Didnt find anyone online tonight for multiplayer either, so that was a miss. its kinda odd though, for the past 2 weeks, people have been on during the weekdays, but it seems almost no one is on during the weekends. wonder why that is...
Anyways, ive gotten halfway to completing every chapter on 7.0 difficulty. Once i complete that, im gonna fuse for better weapons, then try the ultimate difficulty, the dreaded 9.0. No doubt i'll get my ass handed to me multiple times. Its odd though, for the most part, im having success on the first or second time playing on 7.0, i thought for sure it would take me at least 5 times or so each time. i guess its just the fact that ive played each level multiple times, so i know exactly what to expect. That plus i have stronger weapons, so that helps.
I was thinking today, if you could pick the exact bonuses and stats for a weapon that you could have, making it a veritable perfect weapon for you to use, what bonuses would you pick(not stats, cuz obviously everyone would pick max stats)?
The 6 that i would choose would be:
A speed modifier(not a walking speed or running speed, just an over all speed)
A health modifier or an overall defense modifier
A dash ch. shot modifier
A shot homing modifier
A shot range modifier
and either a burning/poison/shaking/petrification/confusion/weakening/par alysis/freezing modifier
And this would be for either a blade, bow, claws, palm, orbitars, or arm weapon
What about you guys?

Abuyaqoub
Abuyaqoub
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-16 01:01:45 Reply

At 4/15/12 11:48 PM, Lionelion wrote: Didnt find anyone online tonight for multiplayer either, so that was a miss. its kinda odd though, for the past 2 weeks, people have been on during the weekdays, but it seems almost no one is on during the weekends. wonder why that is...

well actually, me and cat played tonight a little before 10 :p it was really fun. I will apologize to him cuz in one of the times I kept picking on him. every time he'd appear id run ryt to him and kill him. he just pisses me off cuz I try to kill him and he ends up killing me >.< I needed to get my REVENGE. there was this one fight where we were battling and this HUGE hammer came out of nowhere and killed me, it was amazing AND horrible at the same time :p

oh and I just got this new weapn thats like a huge hammer/axe/sword. I really dont know how to describe it but it shoots fire balls and repels shots :D I wanna try and use it tmw :3 cant wait.

nintendo fan since 97

fawnret
fawnret
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Official Kid Icarus Uprising thread 2012-04-16 01:29:52 Reply

At 4/16/12 01:01 AM, Abuyaqoub wrote:
At 4/15/12 11:48 PM, Lionelion wrote: Didnt find anyone online tonight for multiplayer either, so that was a miss. its kinda odd though, for the past 2 weeks, people have been on during the weekdays, but it seems almost no one is on during the weekends. wonder why that is...
well actually, me and cat played tonight a little before 10 :p it was really fun. I will apologize to him cuz in one of the times I kept picking on him. every time he'd appear id run ryt to him and kill him. he just pisses me off cuz I try to kill him and he ends up killing me >.< I needed to get my REVENGE. there was this one fight where we were battling and this HUGE hammer came out of nowhere and killed me, it was amazing AND horrible at the same time :p

yeah dunno where you were since I was waiting around since 9pm

anyways, you picked a great time to repeatedly go after me cause that was the round where I said "You know, I've never used a staff really, I'll give it a go!" That was a bad round to use it due to all the close range claw rape while I was stuck with a long range staff

some of the claw fighting was awesome though. I like those stealth claws I made. They make me move so faaaaaaaaaaaaast

BBS Signature