Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:32 PM Reply

Here is the story so far.

In short, Notch called out Yogscast for their behaviour at Minecon, which made Yogscast subscribers mad. Then Notch justified his earlier tweets with some more comments.

Who's in the wrong here? Some say Notch is being a priss and Yogscast are just taking the piss. Some say Yogscast were acting like idiots.

Such drama for video games.

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:35 PM Reply

Yogscast is in the wrong here.

Minecon was supposed to be Family-Friendly.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:46 PM Reply

I'd like to hear Yogcast's official statement before saying anything for sure but from the article and comments it seems like Notch is acting like a jerk. I haven't heard any third party group saying that Yogcast behaved inappropriately and Notch specifically pointed the finger at Yogcast despite claiming that he wouldn't name names. Maybe Yogcast didn't do anything and Notch is just being an attention whore.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:55 PM Reply

Well if they acted the way they did then notch is in the right.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
UncleABCD
UncleABCD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:57 PM Reply

Whoever is wrong or right, it wasn't fair to publicly denounce the Yogscast like that, especially in front of thousands on twitter, he apologised for his earlier actions though, but the damage has already been done, the Yogscast lost thousands upon thousands of subscribers over it. As just another internet bystander, I don't know the full story, so I'm not "siding" with anyone. I've never personally met the Yogscast, but from their videos alone, they don't seem like dicks or ego-loving maniacs. There's still a lot of misinformation being thrown around, so I'd just take what Notch said with a pinch of salt and hear the Yogscast out. This whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature
DragonXander
DragonXander
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:00 PM Reply

The whole things a joke.
I mean, really, nobody complains about the swearing while they're there, and then when one stupid mom threatens to sue, all hell breaks lose. Really? Fuckin' really?

Thegluestickman
Thegluestickman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:10 PM Reply

I would like to add two comments made for both sides of the argument. They are quite long, just a warning.

Here is an argument for Yogscast.

Here is an argument for Notch.

To protect the world from devastation.
kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature
robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:21 PM Reply

I don't really understand what it is that they did wrong, anyone care to clarify?

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:23 PM Reply

Not that I know them or anything, but I find it extremely hard to believe that the Yogscast would act like such divas. I think it's a case of them being their sarcastic selves taking the piss, and Notch either misunderstanding the jokes or spinning shit to make the Yogscast look bad (why he would want to do that is anyone's guess).

That thought is pretty much seconded by both TotalBiscuit and Athene (Best Gamer in the World%u2122), both people who know the Yogscast personally.

Also, lol at Notch talking about Yogscast being inappropriate assholes after talking about fucking Simon's mom in one of the Yogscast vids.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:28 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 05:21 PM, robotking98 wrote: I don't really understand what it is that they did wrong, anyone care to clarify?

Before anybody goes "Trololol read the link", what I mean by clarify is actually put something into this actually being true, I've seen their channel, watched their videos for a while now, and it doesn't really seem like they're the kind of people who would do stuff like this.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 05:23 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: Also, lol at Notch talking about Yogscast being inappropriate assholes after talking about fucking Simon's mom in one of the Yogscast vids.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:41 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 05:33 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: Notch created MineCon, so he has every right to set some ground rules. Yogscast can go to hell.

But he didn't. He set the convention in Las Vegas of all places, much of the event was supposed to be for adults only, and the Yogscast weren't warned about swearing etc.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 05:21 PM, robotking98 wrote: I don't really understand what it is that they did wrong, anyone care to clarify?

yogacast dropped some F-bombs on children.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:54 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 05:45 PM, sweet21 wrote:

OOoOoOoOoOoooooh shit, call the cussing police.

Seriously, what the fuck does that mean? Did he call them "fucking wankers" or something? They just said "fuck" like many other people do while kids were around.

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:58 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 05:45 PM, sweet21 wrote: yogacast dropped some F-bombs on children.

Didn't Notch swear at and insult a kid because he wanted him to sign something already signed by the Yogscast guys? That's what I heard.

#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 05:54 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/22/11 05:45 PM, sweet21 wrote:
OOoOoOoOoOoooooh shit, call the cussing police.

Seriously, what the fuck does that mean? Did he call them "fucking wankers" or something? They just said "fuck" like many other people do while kids were around.

Well, that would be pretty damn terrible of them. However, I just really doubt that that's how it happened. 'F-bomb' is a great word in that it implies something really horrible. From what I gather, the complaints about swearing came from the videos the Yogscast showed. You know, the ones they didn't know they had to censor.

Gonna have to wait for Yogscast's official response to get a better understanding of what happened.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 06:25 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 05:10 PM, Thegluestickman wrote: I would like to add two comments made for both sides of the argument. They are quite long, just a warning.

Here is an argument for Yogscast.

Here is an argument for Notch.

I'm not sure how to take the argument for Notch. It seems like most of those things that were in that post was just something that person had heard about and the only personal experience they had was when one of the Yogcast members took the sign back from their friend and no specifics were given about what they did that was so horrible (oh no, some people asked for a sign they made back and did absolutely nothing notably rude in the process). The argument for Yogcast on the other hand admits when they don't have first hand experience of the supposed problems caused by Yogcast and specifically addresses the complaints in Notch's tweets.

Hiphopopotamus
Hiphopopotamus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:18 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 03:35 PM, phrozonfire wrote: Yogscast is in the wrong here.

Minecon was supposed to be Family-Friendly.

In reality it was full of socially awkward 17-30 yearold males.

Sig by Maximus

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:35 PM Reply

and one that could have come from the pages of a rock star's autobiography rather than a gaming convention

Who the fuck wrote this article. It's atrocious.

Anyway, this is to be expected. I read about Minecon and it seems like a money-grabbing sham (what a surprise, coming from Notch), but at the same time I can't feel bad for the Yogcast people. They're youtube partners and all they do is do "lets play" videos, annoying ones at that, and without Minecraft they'd be out of a job. So they have Notch to thank for that, bottom line.

And I don't doubt they said fuck to a little kid. Look at these guys, seriously. The fact that they even left the house is a shocker, so awkward social situations, missed cues, and inappropriate usage of curse words around children isn't surprising. They're autistic, Notch. Give them a break.

Notch vs. Yogscast?

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:45 PM Reply

They said 'fuck' in Vegas OH GOD!!!!

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
SineRider
SineRider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Musician
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 08:49 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:45 PM, POTaTOS wrote: They said 'fuck' in Vegas OH GOD!!!!

have some decency man, and watch your language for f***s sake

DragonXander
DragonXander
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Gamer
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:05 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:35 PM, Rallard wrote:
and one that could have come from the pages of a rock star's autobiography rather than a gaming convention

Anyway, this is to be expected. I read about Minecon and it seems like a money-grabbing sham (what a surprise, coming from Notch), but at the same time I can't feel bad for the Yogcast people. They're youtube partners and all they do is do "lets play" videos, annoying ones at that, and without Minecraft they'd be out of a job. So they have Notch to thank for that, bottom line.

And I don't doubt they said fuck to a little kid. Look at these guys, seriously. The fact that they even left the house is a shocker, so awkward social situations, missed cues, and inappropriate usage of curse words around children isn't surprising. They're autistic, Notch. Give them a break.

Careful, man, or I'll tear out your liver and make you cook it for me so I may devour it. I've got a variation of autism, and I avoid cussing around children, and simply leave the room when things get awkward.

You've got a point though, their 'let's play' videos are fucking annoying.

HollowedPumkinz
HollowedPumkinz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:09 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 08:35 PM, Rallard wrote:

No, no, no, not at all, you clearly have not seen Yogscast. They don't need Minecraft to make videos, it's not like it made them who they are, it just made them ridiculously popular. Now that they've obtained that fame, they technically don't need Minecraft anymore. Now they can do a Let's Play of any video game they want and make a killing in views and therefore off of revnenue generated off of those advertisments.

Geeky, not autistic, can't say Notch is any better, or any basement dwelling Youtube using guy.

Anyways, I'd say it's just a blown out misuderstanding, I mean come on. You're in Vegas, in a Gaming convention, with two Brits known to cuss and known to use huge amounts of sarcasm. My question is, what the fuck were you expecting? For them to be perfect gentlemen and use proper language and all in all just not be who they are? No, they're going to act the same without restraint. My guess is, is that they quite simply just didn't know how to restrain themsevles like business gents. They aren't business men, they don't know how or when to hold back and by how much. Notch seems to think they should have known not to cuss or act inappropriately in public, as if it was common sense. But to them, it wasn't. They just thought, we'll be ourselves and use the same humor we use in our videos and get a laugh at the convention.

I bet they were blown back when they got a lash from Notch for seemingly no reason. They didn't think they were doing anything wrong. They were telling jokes, being sarcastic, making it a good time. They didn't mean to hurt anyone. But for God knows why, Notch took them entirely seriously and was being a little priss about it. Come on "You should have paid us to come here"? What part of that quote WASN'T sarcastic? Don't you think they know they came here out of their own pocket? Don't you think they know that they were there simply to get a laugh, watch the events and leave? They weren't expecting payment, that was a gag, why in God's name you would take that seriously astounds me.

Should Yogscast have known that they were supposed to act more appropriately in public because this wasn't like one of their podcasts? Yes, they should have realized that, in public, you need to watch whose toes your stepping on. But does that mean they should just stop being sarcastic and just sit there with a smile on their face? No, Notch is being a little bitch about this, he should have known that they were being sarcastic and should have known to tell them to stop as he heard it, not complain afterwards like he's too much of a coward to say it to their faces. Yogscast needs a reality check and Notch needs the stick to be removed from his ass. This is ridiculous.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 01:21 AM Reply

LOL. Funnily enough one of my friends who went to Minecon actually told me about the Yogscast getting into an argument and causing trouble at Minecon (apparently some people at Minecon weren't happy with their behaviour and the Yogscast people shrugged it off and acted like dicks about it.)

I think what Notch did was kind of justified.

A lot of people respect the Yogscast people and they should expect that if they do dick moves there will be consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Nov. 23rd, 2011 @ 01:22 AM Reply

At 11/23/11 01:21 AM, Halberd wrote: LOL. Funnily enough one of my friends who went to Minecon actually told me about the Yogscast getting into an argument and causing trouble at Minecon (apparently some people at Minecon weren't happy with their behaviour and the Yogscast people shrugged it off and acted like dicks about it.)

I think what Notch did was kind of justified.

A lot of people respect the Yogscast people and they should expect that if they do dick moves there will be consequences.

Okay so I just looked at Notch's responses and the things he said and on second thought I agree that Notch is also being a little bit of a dick here and shouldn't have really done that...

Still though the Yogscast have always irritated me for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NguTypiXqqY
ILLEGAL MARIJUANA RELATED ACTIVITIES
The hand I killed your children with masturbates to the memory of it

Spas123
Spas123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 04:50 AM Reply

They sead that Notch was drunk when he wrote those messege's on Twitter.

Notch vs. Yogscast?

Robsterman
Robsterman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 05:04 AM Reply

At 8/15/12 04:50 AM, Spas123 wrote: They sead that Notch was drunk when he wrote those messege's on Twitter.

Holy necro, Batman.

Why the fuck are you reading this?

Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 05:13 AM Reply

At 8/15/12 05:04 AM, Robsterman wrote:
At 8/15/12 04:50 AM, Spas123 wrote: They sead that Notch was drunk when he wrote those messege's on Twitter.
Holy necro, Batman.

Holy incomprehensible sentence structure, Batman.

Also, Holy eye-rape image.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 02:07 PM Reply

People forgot about this in November and Notch/Yogscast have made up. What was the point in bumping?

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to Notch vs. Yogscast? Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 05:31 PM Reply

I say Notch is probably in the right, but I really don't see why anyone really cares about either of them, Yogscast really is a whining attention whore from what I have seen. The other guy I can't be arsed to check.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature