00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Mastering?

1,406 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Audio Mastering? 2011-11-22 02:36:34

What is the best software you guys have come across for mastering audio in a film or for mastering voice acting audio?

Crashing Smashing, Lots of noise all around him, ....

if you are lucky his friends will send for all the king's horses and all the kings men

Response to Audio Mastering? 2011-11-22 02:52:28

I've heard good things about Adobe Audition and I used to use it when it was still Cool Edit Pro in school for voice acting projects. its pretty pricey but if your attending school you can receive a good discount.

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Mastering? 2011-11-22 08:53:07

I've heard of studios using logic for post, but most likely the best out there is nuendo; or at least it's the most popular from what I've gathered.

Response to Audio Mastering? 2011-11-23 03:43:48

Waves bundles

Prepare to spend a lot of money.

Response to Audio Mastering? 2011-11-23 12:32:18

At 11/23/11 03:43 AM, DDman465 wrote: Waves bundles

Prepare to spend a lot of money.

The best of the best are the Waves bundles as well as iZotope's plugins. They're the industry standards as far as I know. Other great VST plugins that I know of include Voxengo's, Brainworx's and the ToneBooster plugins.

Waves
iZotope
Voxengo
Brainworx
ToneBoosters

These are just the ones that I've seen and read about multiple times. They're known to perform well and deliver the sound you're looking for. In particular, Waves has vocal mixing plugins that are outstanding. I've also had experience with iZotope's Nectar plugin which is phenomenal! Very smooth and crisp sounds are delivered.

The Ultimate EQ Guide
Mastering Tips

Other good information sources for mixing and mastering vocals:

Gearslutz
SoundOnSound

I'll come back with more if I can think of more stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Mastering? 2011-11-23 13:30:00

Okay now that people are listing plugins I should expand a bit on what I was saying.

Nuendo is a stand-alone program meant for post-production audio mastering for ADR, Foley, SFX, and Music that has been already mixed to taste. Some of the common plug-ins people use for post are iZotope Ozone, and Waves Master Bundle....The waves bundle idoes not have as much functionality and features 3 seperate plugins(its also more expensive by a few hundred dollars), where as Ozone is one plugin with multiple tabs of effects that can be bypassed or all used.....

So in short, if you already have a DAW that you are comfortable with post production, and are looking for a plugin for mastering, I would say hands down iZotope Ozone is your best bang for your buck. If however you are looking for a DAW meant for post (or both), then I would say Steinberg Nuendo is the way to go.

Response to Audio Mastering? 2011-11-25 13:03:33

I use Adobe Audition CS5.5 - The new version (CS5.5) is very useful in comparison to it's predecessor. I haven't really tried much besides Audition, but if you want something that is quite easy to use, and is very efficient then Audition is where it's at.