New Topic Respond to this Topic
Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:25 AM Reply

Was looking through some pictures of cruel 20th century Soviet dictator Joseph Stalin.

Noticed an interesting transition that he seems to have made on the way to becoming evil. Originally, he appears to have been a proto-hipster, donning an impressively indie stubble and ascot at age 24, a full ten decades before any others would actively lay claim to the title.

Yet with astonishing rapidity, he transitioned from ruggedly handsome, cool-without-even-trying Urban Outfitters model to goofy, creepy, Borat mustache man who killed 20 million people.

Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat

BBS Signature
Noonga
Noonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:35 AM Reply

He looks like one of my school religion teachers/head of religious education who I swear is a closet homo

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:38 AM Reply

This is a clear cut case against hipsters that we must alert the media to!

Parents, if you let your children become hipsters they will grow up to be Stalin.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:25 AM Reply

Cool story!

The best thing is that I've had this one on my harddisk already.

Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:11 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 03:25 AM, MaartenC wrote: Cool story!

I forgot to mention that Stalin and Borat are both roughly from the Caucasus region (Stalin was born in Georgia, Borat in Kazakhstan). I wonder, therefore, if Borat himself made a similar transition from Hipster to mustache man.

BBS Signature
robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:13 AM Reply

He actually looks rather nice in that first picture.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
toastburner
toastburner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:43 AM Reply

I never thought I'd say this, but Stalin is hot (atleast in 1902 he was)

MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 10:11 AM, Bolo wrote:
I forgot to mention that Stalin and Borat are both roughly from the Caucasus region (Stalin was born in Georgia, Borat in Kazakhstan). I wonder, therefore, if Borat himself made a similar transition from Hipster to mustache man.

Hm... That makes one think, doesn't it?

zag
zag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Writer
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 10:46 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 02:25 AM, Bolo wrote: ten decades

I just thought you should know that ten decades, or one-hundred years, is called a century.
saying "ten decades" is a little bit redundant. at very least, it's not the best term you could have used.

BBS Signature
Ryan
Ryan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:01 AM Reply

God damn he was handsome.

OneWhoListens
OneWhoListens
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:08 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 10:46 AM, MaartenC wrote:
I wonder, therefore, if Borat himself made a similar transition from Hipster to mustache man.
Hm... That makes one think, doesn't it?

But is Borat a new Stalin or is he a second coming of the original?

Or something yet more sinister...

"Sit down and shut up and do as I say" -- Zeus

BBS Signature
MaartenC
MaartenC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:18 AM Reply

At 11/22/11 11:08 AM, OneWhoListens wrote:
But is Borat a new Stalin or is he a second coming of the original?

Or something yet more sinister...

It's waaaaaay more complicated that that.

DUN DUN DUN.
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:33 AM Reply

Damn, I guess power doesn't just corrupt but it turns you ugly to.

I be homo for young Stalin

"Even death can be overcome"

BBS Signature
alfraydo
alfraydo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Musician
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 11:37 AM Reply

i agree, the 1902 Stalin is much more attractive.

THIS WORLD IS MADE OF LOVE AND PEACE!

Archile
Archile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:47 PM Reply

Oh.... I can't unsee that.... OH GOD STALIN IS ALIVE, HE IS BORAT AHHHHH

SouthAsian
SouthAsian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:51 PM Reply

Yeah he was pretty hot looking then when he became a fucking psychopath you can see how he sort of changes in looks hah.

TechnoHound
TechnoHound
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 12:59 PM Reply

I can't explain how cool old stalin is without sounding slightly homosexual

By Life Stream

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:04 PM Reply

He spent a good part of his life escaping from prisons, commiting robberies and plotting + succeeding in overthrowing the government; such a lifestyle will make a man look rough and dirty.

iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 01:09 PM Reply

Not really a hipster, but Sacha Baron Cohen has a similar rugged handsomeness.

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:32 PM Reply

I don't watch the Ali G show or many other appearances by Borat, but I heard somewhere on an online biography that Borat actually admires Stalin. You would think that if he was a dictator, he would be Hitler, because he hates Jews. I have seen that picture before and it's weird to see how goofy a person looked like. Kazahkstan used to be a part of Russia, I believe so it actually is somewhat historically accurate.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

CorpseGrinderClock
CorpseGrinderClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 02:53 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 02:25 AM, Bolo wrote: killed 20 million people.

20 million directly and intentionally

50 million starved to death under Stalin, and many more were killed by his incompetence during the war. 5

At 12/16/11 12:04 AM, Luis wrote:
: i like all the masturbation threads i know more about myself than i ever would if it wasnt for newgrounds.

BBS Signature
jimbowales
jimbowales
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 03:01 PM Reply

I forgot to mention that Stalin and Borat are both roughly from the Caucasus region (Stalin was born in Georgia, Borat in Kazakhstan).

dumbass kazakstan isnt in caucasus

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 04:45 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 03:01 PM, jimbowales wrote:
At 11/22/11 10:11 AM, Bolo wrote: I forgot to mention that Stalin and Borat are both roughly from the Caucasus region (Stalin was born in Georgia, Borat in Kazakhstan).
dumbass kazakstan isnt in caucasus

Notice how I said "roughly"? To the rest of the world outside of Central Asia, all that shit is Caucasus, regardless of whether that mountain range actually extends into Kazakhstan.

BBS Signature
CorpseGrinderClock
CorpseGrinderClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:22 PM Reply

Dude nice try with the backtrack but it's on the whole other side of the caspian sea

: i like all the masturbation threads i know more about myself than i ever would if it wasnt for newgrounds.

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 05:22 PM, CorpseGrinderClock wrote: Dude nice try with the backtrack but it's on the whole other side of the caspian sea

I said "roughly" in the the post, knowing that people would nitpick. The point stands though. And let's be honest, Borat is more of a "Caucasus" stereotype than a "Kazakh" stereotype. The directors of that film didn't seem to discriminate much.

BBS Signature
CorpseGrinderClock
CorpseGrinderClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 11/22/11 05:33 PM, Bolo wrote:
At 11/22/11 05:22 PM, CorpseGrinderClock wrote: Dude nice try with the backtrack but it's on the whole other side of the caspian sea
I said "roughly" in the the post, knowing that people would nitpick.

Don't nitpick this but Utah is roughly in California

BBS Signature
camobch0
camobch0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Stalin: Attractive Hipster to Borat Nov. 22nd, 2011 @ 09:03 PM Reply

Damn, he was pretty sexy in his younger years.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature