00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Serious Discussion About Ghosts.

16,357 Views | 209 Replies

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 11:11:50

Interesting conversation, and also kinda sad at the same time, with so many closed minds shouting "I've never seen one, there's no evidence, so I don't believe". I've never seen one either myself, but I won't go so far as to dismiss them, because what's the point of living if there's no mysteries, or possibilities? The way I see it, everything in the world is made up of energies, and those energies have to go somewhere when life ends, right? Now, I won't go so far as to say when dear old Aunt Milly dies her "soul" wanders the Earth, or gets trapped in her place of death, no. But that energy has to disperse somewhere. Whether that be in the form of a bump in the night, or a shadow in the hall, I couldn't say for certain, as I think many, if not all of supposed ghost sightings are due to a persons frame of mind at the time of said sighting (if anything those bogus ghost programs have taught me, it's that jumping to the explanation of weird goings on as being "paranormal" is an all too common occurrence), but I don't have all the answers (nor does science, to be honest) so I won't outright deny what people claim to see/hear/smell isn't what they saw/heard/smelled. If that's what they think, if that's what comforts them, believing in an afterlife? Who am I to say otherwise? Besides, I haven't died yet, so I can't say 100% what happens. But what I can say is that after you die, and you're put into that hole in the ground or cremated, if this is all that there is? It's a pretty pointless and disappointing end.

I know I sound like a fence sitter with those thoughts, but to me, to either deny or firmly believe in the existence of ghosts without all the facts is foolish. So yeah, I'm comfortable in saying I believe in the possibility of their existence.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 12:35:01

I was reading trivia and it said something like one out of three people believe in ghosts and one out of ten claimed to have seen them! That's pretty wild! I don't even think one out of ten people can claim to even see tigers at one point in their life! Of course, I have done research on Cracked which says that it's just a false sense of not being alone, so there's obviously no scientific background for it, not that it would matter.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 13:22:01

Wishful thinking for an exciting way to explain boring things. All "evidence" for ghosts boils down to low quality photographs or other media, and testimonies from crazy people.

I believe an experiment was done once over something like this. It involved researchers sending two teams of people into an abandoned theatre (or some kind of similar building) to do different kinds of work at different times. One team were sent in to do regular construction work or something of that nature. The other team were told the building was haunted before they entered, and that they were going in to search for ghosts/spirits.

After both teams were done, they were asked if they noticed anything unusual. The team doing construction work reported nothing, and of course the team that were informed of it being haunted before hand claimed to have experienced all sorts of shit. Massive placebo effect,

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 13:51:56

You made a very, very interesting post there Phobotech. I am very interested in ghosts of all kinds, I even find myself interested in the kind I know aren't real - Folklore is something I'm fond of. I have often wondered about communication with the dead as well and I think it is very possible and I have something you may find rather interesting regarding why I believe so strongly in that possibility and it ties into my experience with a ghost.

I have lived between two places most of my life: Birmingham in the UK, and Shirakawa village in Japan. I was born in Birmingham and spent the first 6 years of my life there, and spent most of my life in Shirakawa and actually still live there with Chie, my wife, who was also my best childhood friend. Growing up, Chie & I had a friend who claimed to live in a haunted home. Chie & I would spend nights there, "ghost hunting" and we actually had quite a few 'experiences,' but needless to say we were only finding what we wanted to and facing our wild, 7 year old imaginations. With one exception.

During one of our sleepovers, I awoke late and saw Chie was up too - she was praying (She is very devout in her countries old religion of Shinto) and needless to say, I found it strange. She told me that she saw a sad old lady, who she claims told her we were being disrespectful with our silly "ghost hunts." Chie said she had never legitimately encountered a spirit before and felt bad about how we were acting in what was her home. That whole night, and on into early morning - I felt as though I was being watched by a calming presence. That morning, the phone rang and our friends parents read the calling phone number aloud (This is actually an important detail) and I quickly identified it as my mother, back in the UK. During the conversation, I noticed something odd - an old lady whom I never saw walked by me and sat on the couch before vanishing. It had a strange look, it wasn't solid but it didn't look fully transparent - it looked almost like a shadow made of crystal, in an odd way it was quite beautiful as the light shined through it. I hesitantly described what I saw to my friends parents, they said that it sounded as though I had met Haruki - my friends great grandmother.

Fast forward almost 4 years. Our friends moved out of that home, and I was going to Birmingham for a couple weeks as my mothers lover Meranda (I was raised by a Lesbian couple) had fallen deathly ill. I had to help mum take care of her, often times while mum was meeting with her patients. One day, the phone rang. The caller ID claimed the call was coming from Japan, but it wasn't Chie or her families number. I ignored it. It called again 5 minutes later, and this time I picked up just in case Chie was calling from somewhere else. I heard a male voice, one I had never heard before - he seemed confused, and then he asked if it was the Bird residence and if Kadath was available. I was a bit disturbed, to be honest - but I am not the kind to lie, so I said "Yes, you are speaking to him." The man on the other end said "I think I'm going mad, but I keep hearing an old womans voice. She gave me your number and told me to warn you that Meranda is not breathing." I immediately put the phone on hold and ran downstairs to Meranda's room, she was indeed not breathing save for a labored gasp every now and then, I could not wake her but she was still alive and so I called emergency paramedics, and saved her life. I thanked that man, and told him to thank Haruki. He said "Dear god, this is insane - but you are welcome." When we returned to Japan later that year, I went to the house - and sure enough, the man I had never met before was now living there. He had moved in a week after I left for the UK.

It was easily the strangest thing that ever happened to me, but ever since I have believed in ghosts and like you Phobotech, have wondered about communication with them. I at first wondered why Haruki couldn't contact my directly if she could know such information, but I then saw a documentary on ghost theories and was interested by one that suggested that ghosts can not leave the place in which they died but can gather information through electric currents, and may even operate on such currents - areas with higher concentrations of television and radio waves and the likes often seem to be places in which ghosts are most often reported. I'm sure you are already aware of this, as you referenced it in your post.

Figured you might find that interesting. Thanks for putting up this post, I shall have to read some of the other peoples experiences.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 14:09:01

That pink lady ghost is creepy.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 14:11:54

I'm planning to head off to Centralia, PN later in the next year. It'd be fun to see the burnt-out mines that gave spiritual inspiration to Silent Hill.

What a shame, Mister Jensen.

I never asked for this, Mister Denton.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 14:56:04

I don't think they are real. Do you really think when you die you just float around forever? Lame.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 15:21:23

Ghosts do exist. In your mind. Modern tools, as well as nonmodern tools, to "perceive" ghosts does nothing besides enabling to delude oneself. You "experience" paranormal figures only due to the fact your subconsciousness pierces your consciousness. In an attempt to rationalize this you ought to fabricate spectres and apparitions. You would use recent discoveries and accepted truths to justify their existence, but you do nothing more than ridiculing yourself. You would also rely on "experts" who were randomly convinced of this phantasm.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 15:34:02

At 11/20/11 07:27 AM, Phobotech wrote: I'm fascinated by ghosts. I've never experienced a haunting, but I've learned a lot about the paranormal over the last couple of years out of morbid curiosity.

Lemme start by saying the show "Ghost Hunters" and "Dead Files" is garbage. There are a lot of ghost hunting shows that are absolutely terrible for the public perception on the spirits of the dead with very few exceptions who take a scientific approach and try to learn more about them. How they operate, the characteristics of a haunting, and so forth. The days of treating ghosts like a Halloween spooky thing will one day end when the proof becomes irrefutable to their existence, and how they live among us beyond death.

Some recurring trends are
-When they're present, it gets much colder.
-Your body can detect their presence, either by getting that feeling like you're being watched, or the hairs standing on end (some believe a reaction caused by a spirit's inherit electro-magnetic energy). Sometimes you gain the sensation of being touched, or sometimes even scratched.
-Rarely, they can manifest themselves as a full-bodied apparition, sometimes they're an amorphous shadow form, or even some instances, the opposite as a form of light. When photographed they can appear as orbs, mist, or even unexplained dark spots (parallel to the shadow figures). I'm not even talking about film or video exclusively, I'm saying especially with your own bare eyes, from the sound of recurring accounts.
-Sometimes they can be heard with your bare ears...a residual energy that a location may have experienced, replaying an event that happened long ago like an echo of time...but I'm sure there are some, separate instances where it is the disembodied voice of the soul itself. Speaking intelligent responses and attempting to communicate with the living. Sometimes they speak in a resonance that only sensitive microphones can detect what they say, with startling clarity at times.

...What does that say about the truth of our afterlife?

Why hasn't anyone really tried to buckle down and scientifically communicate with the dead? If Electronic voice phenomenon's are to be taken seriously, we could be right around the corner from being able to speak with souls of the past at will...and yet we don't understand the criteria of what bounds the spirit here. How this is an ethereal entity that remains sometimes invisible and unheard from the living, but sometimes...not. Some speculate it requires great tragedy, or merely extremes of emotions...a cataclysmic event that may have lead to a death so abrupt, the individual themselves aren't fully aware that they're dead.

...But, if EVP's and ghost-like evidence are to be believed...some instances document that spirits CAN retain memories. Some interact with the modern world. Static objects, or the living. Animals, who seem to be sensitive to their presence. If they retain thought, or conscious will, than surely they're aware that they are dead. Even ghosts of Tombstone Arizona have been documented acknowledging that they were once alive, but are now expired. I ask again, what does this say about our afterlife?

Some have spoken the names of the investigators. Did they eavesdrop, or do they have access to knowledge beyond our comprehension? What could we learn from the dead if the dead spoke back? Sometimes they relive their horrific fate over and over again, like a record eternally skipping through time...are these residual energies or are they sentient? If they're residual, are they still intelligent, and perceptive of our living realm that they shift through?

Could intelligent ghosts bridge our knowledge between the world and physics we know and understand in our dimension to a parallel reality? Something more ethereal, bounded by no physical forms, where spirits are malformed wisps of memories and knowledge? Is that our destiny? Don't even pull the religion cards...there are nun ghosts, priest ghosts, preacher ghosts, etc...what are THOSE spirit's thoughts on being trapped to a specific location....is that heaven to them? What kept them from being saved, or is salvation subjective?

Are there angels and demons, or good ghosts and asshole ghosts?

...I'm fascinated by them...and while I don't wish to be haunted and harrassed by the dead...I wish to learn what they see. What they've learned after they crossed over. If they're able to speak, and if they're willing to teach. If they could provide the living with a helpful "heads up", or if their unique conditions in the afterlife could even aid science and technology. My mind runs amuck with the possibilities, and it's helped shed my fear of them...I can't wait to see my first ghost. I like to think I have a vivid imagination, I only hope that it won't be unexpectedly terrifying or overwhelming.

Have any of you experienced any hauntings or ghostly experiences? What are your observations on ghosts and the spiritual paranormal?

I used to do paranormal investigations in high school, and i actually learned how to debunk sertaint ailments of ghost haunting's, a lot i learned from watching ghost hunters because not every episode they clame a place is haunted, even though that's popular to clame a haunting, sometimes they use there brains and debunk basic stuff, like a creaky door, that could be overly tight hinges.

Or mysterious footsteps could actually be acornes falling on the roof of a house, stuff like that, but i do believe they exist as well, i live in a haunted house, sometimes it's a blast because it's funny to watch stuff move on it's own. and sometimes it's scary as hell because you could be by your self
and you will hear your mom's voice or something like that. And you know your alone.

But hey like anything else, research, research, research. keep it up. i'm sure you will come to your conclusion when you compile data, go on a ghost hunt. find a place that is well known to be haunted.
take some friends with you. Stay over night. have fun. Because i did that in high school. it's a blast.

Have fun with it. you will learn a lot as time goes by.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 16:02:07

Shut up.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-14 19:12:11

At 12/14/11 11:11 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
I know I sound like a fence sitter with those thoughts, but to me, to either deny or firmly believe in the existence of ghosts without all the facts is foolish.

That's very safe, but lends little to speculation on the subject. I agree in the inherit energy in things, and if there's a truth to spiritual existence, our scientific understanding would be bridged through more accurate equipment that measures that. Not thermal detection, not sound, nor video. But through something electric.

At 12/14/11 12:35 PM, Ericho wrote: I was reading trivia and it said something like one out of three people believe in ghosts and one out of ten claimed to have seen them!

Oh well thats a relief. I was beginning to think, after this thread, that four out of five think people that believe in ghosts are idiots.

At 12/14/11 01:22 PM, JaY11 wrote: Wishful thinking for an exciting way to explain boring things. All "evidence" for ghosts boils down to low quality photographs or other media, and testimonies from crazy people.

Then to avoid garnishing false evidence with this placebo effect, I need absolute skeptics with me so even my own observations aren't biased. I won't do the Ghost Hunters bullshit and leap to conclusions on the smallest thing, I'm looking for something profound and undeniable. I'm not looking for ratings or attention, I'm looking for information and understanding.

At 12/14/11 01:51 PM, CroutonsOfDeath wrote: You made a very, very interesting post there Phobotech....

So did you! That's incredible...

While I'm aware the Japanese culture is heavily influenced by respect and honor, it does make me question if the dead would have some form of ethics to things...I've heard many tales of the dead intervening in matters of the living...good ghosts warning them of danger, bad ghosts even causing injury, strangulation...but what if they don't interact with us more because of something so simple as respect.

"They still have life to live, and we're just echoes of the past." Is it disrespectful to the dead when we try to learn about them when their souls are trapped in a realm that has blurred lines solid existence? Can they blame us for being confused...for wanting to learn more about these inconsistent anomolies that shit all over everything we know to be correct in the world? How can they not see that for them to exist is just straight up fucking weird?

Does it even matter to them?

At 12/14/11 02:15 PM, abbuw wrote: I do believe in ghosts, I live by myself in a 1860's Victorian and I here doors shut at night. And a lady was sick and died in my kitchen area.

Try to communicate with her or them. See what you learn!

At 12/14/11 02:56 PM, BobEHarvard wrote: I don't think they are real. Do you really think when you die you just float around forever? Lame.

Beats the alternative of inevitably burning in hell for all eternity. It's also more believable.

At 12/14/11 03:21 PM, satanbrain wrote: You would use recent discoveries and accepted truths to justify their existence, but you do nothing more than ridiculing yourself. You would also rely on "experts" who were randomly convinced of this phantasm.

But there are truths to this subject one way or another. With enough time and research, one could really boil down how our brain can conjure such extraordinary happenings, or even better, conclude to whether or not something more happens to us after we die. Since death really applies to all of us, I think that would be worth confirming. The justified truths and self ridicule don't account for unexplainable happenings that multiple people experience at once...truth is, we're both taking it for face value on opposite extremes of the argument. Neither of us will know for certain until we've felt it for ourselves.

At 12/14/11 03:34 PM, Punisher33 wrote: But hey like anything else, research, research, research. keep it up. i'm sure you will come to your conclusion when you compile data, go on a ghost hunt. find a place that is well known to be haunted.
take some friends with you. Stay over night. have fun. Because i did that in high school. it's a blast.

Have fun with it. you will learn a lot as time goes by.

Absolutely. Will-do :D

At 12/14/11 04:02 PM, JellyTea wrote: Shut up.

Go fuck yourself.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-19 00:41:12

At 11/20/11 10:17 AM, Ganon-Dorf wrote: This is dumb, you need to show epistemically how we can have knowledge of something we can't learn about empirically, to even posit it's existence is foolish.

Your post is a much greater demonstration of foolishness because you don't know about anything of what you're shitting all over.

Find out the truth, coward. Tell me how foolish it is when you have someone breathing down your neck when no ones there.

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-19 00:45:05

I've had 2 paranormal experiences in my life, one of which I found out later to just be hypnogogia.
But I swear my house used to be haunted. Sometimes way back when I was a little kid, I used to go and sleep in my parents room after a nightmare or something, and occasionally I'd see a shadow moving along our hallway wall, illuminated by the streetlight. It moved at a constant, slow pace, and it was vaguely human-shaped. There was never any noise coming from outside, it definitely wasn't a car or any shadow cast by anything outside. To this day I don't know what it was, I'm pretty sure it wasn't caused by anything of this world.

bork bork bork

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-19 02:57:57

Ghosts don't exist. though I enjoy ghost stories.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-19 03:04:07

At 12/14/11 11:11 AM, SFS1313 wrote: to either deny or firmly believe in the existence of ghosts without all the facts is foolish.

To either deny or firmly believe in the existence of unicorns without all the facts is foolish. To either deny or firmly believe in the existence of Santa Claus without all the facts is foolish. To either deny or firmly believe in the existence of Count Chocula without all the facts is foolish.

Do you see what the problem with your statement is?

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-19 03:41:01

First off, I don't believe in an after life. When we're dying our brain sends off endorphins (feel good chemicals) and DMT (released when dreaming) and as our brain and body is shutting down we have a trip through our lives resolving any sadness or anxiety.
This explains the odd and inconsistent phenomena surrounding near death experiences, "White Light" "Out of body Experience" "Life flashes before your eyes".
Our 'trip' when were dieing will feel really good like an orgasm (endorphins) and although it may not make concrete logical sense in every way, we ourselves will believe in our reasoning when forming calming imaginative thoughts about our lives and the relationships in our lives. So when we die for justified reasons we will have this trip and rest in peace.

This loose and under educated theory leads me to believe that ghosts may exist since ghosts are often associated with violent and unjustified deaths resulting in a DMT death trip that doesnt end in a peaceful mind. My belief however is that ghosts are not 'there' in any respect and that it is just spiritual remains of the former embodied self.

Like someone said on page one I think "wanting to see ghost"s has to do with these phenomena. Ultimately I think ghosts could be dead peoples distraught feelings surrounding their life or death manifesting in other peoples minds. Consider this: a house someone gets murdered has the same looking and feeling environment the ghosts hunters go into. I don't think you can see ghosts or hear ghosts, they definitely can't be recorded digitally. It is something you feel and experience on a live and intimate level and it has to do with these dead person's experience permeating through the underlying consciousness that we all share into our actual sensations.
That's why ghost encounters often are glimpses of this or that, faint distant voices, or the eerie feeling of being touched by nothing.

What is the "underlying consciousness that we all share"? I don't know but it's a spiritual zen concept. F U

- ><--stick vs. sprites-->< - ><--flat beat-->< - ><--pico vs. sticks-->< -

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-19 19:24:05

At 12/19/11 03:41 AM, brainface wrote: First off, I don't believe in an after life...
This loose and under educated theory leads me to believe that ghosts may exist since ghosts are often associated with violent and unjustified deaths resulting in a DMT death trip that doesnt end in a peaceful mind. My belief however is that ghosts are not 'there' in any respect and that it is just spiritual remains of the former embodied self...

But if it's their consciousness, memories, personality traits that live on beyond death...wouldn't that classify it as an "after life?" ...It's life after death. If proven, could be the only proven afterlife.

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-19 19:45:08

My grandpas house was haunted, and some crazy shit went down there. I'd explain further, but I don't feel like typing a bunch right now unless somebody is genuinely interested.

Bottom line, I believe in ghosts and they fascinate me, but I think trying to study or observe them is ridiculous because, like Gagsy said, they're beyond human comprehension.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-19 19:53:39

There is no such thing as ghosts.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-19 21:59:29

At 12/19/11 07:45 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: My grandpas house was haunted, and some crazy shit went down there. I'd explain further, but I don't feel like typing a bunch right now unless somebody is genuinely interested.

I'm very interested. What else would this thread serve other than simpleton douchebags to leave shitty posts like this:

At 12/19/11 07:53 PM, Slint wrote: There is no such thing as ghosts.

See? That contributes nothing to the conversation, based on nothing, and it makes the poster look like an idiot. You would be on par with the discussion by...oh I dunno... discussing ghosts.

Bottom line, I believe in ghosts and they fascinate me, but I think trying to study or observe them is ridiculous because, like Gagsy said, they're beyond human comprehension.

They're beyond our comprehension because maybe we're using the wrong methods to track and study them...but give it enough time, and I firmly believe we could very well learn from them. It would provide us closure to what happens to us when we pass. If they're sentient, an untapped source of knowledge.

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-19 22:13:54

At 12/19/11 09:59 PM, Phobotech wrote:
At 12/19/11 07:45 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: My grandpas house was haunted, and some crazy shit went down there. I'd explain further, but I don't feel like typing a bunch right now unless somebody is genuinely interested.
I'm very interested. What else would this thread serve other than simpleton douchebags to leave shitty posts like this:

Well, good to hear. So like I said, the house my grandpa grew up in and my mom and uncle later vacationed in occasionally apparently had some trippy shit go down. Most interesting is that the room my grandpa slept in had a door that opened to an outside balcony, and every night the door would open with ridiculous force, so much so that they had to actually board and nail it up to keep it closed. This happened even when there was no wind.
At about the same time, a violin mounted on their living room wall would occasionally play random notes like something was plucking the strings, and one day my grandpa and great grandma both saw a guy in an orange jacket run through the living room, up the stairs, and disappear. The last thing I know about is that one day my mom and grandma found a wet mark in the shape of a body on one of the beds even though nobody had been there for months. My mom doesn't talk much about all of what happened, and my uncle just leaves it at "Things happened in that house that I can't explain," so these are the only things I know about.
I don't know, considering my moms entire family thought something was up, I think it must have been pretty clear that whatever happened was more than just coincidences or anything.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-21 07:52:58

I believe ghosts exist. They must be spirits from other dimensions, maybe that's why we can't see them.

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-21 11:22:37

Pretty much just copy-pasta'd from my comment on Phobotech's newspost. I was hesitant to post in this thread for probably obvious reasons.

I have experienced things that I deemed unexplainable in the house I lived in before this one. It was in a "historical" section of the city, and I forget the exact year it was built but it was some time in the early 1900s. I'd say early '20s at the latest. It's probably safe to say it's had lots of different residents over the years, which I actually thought was pretty cool.

There were noises and feelings galore that I couldn't explain after investigation. When I first started living there, there were a few times when I actually thought someone had broken into my house, so I armed myself and searched the house like the idiots who always die first in horror movies. This was often times in the middle of the day, though. I would hear things that were very obvious, like footsteps coming from the next room, and things sliding across my entertainment center. In true ghost story fashion, I found no people in the other room and nothing in the room was disturbed.

There's one experience that I remember very vividly, though.

I was getting something to eat, probably dinner at 4:00 AM because my sleep schedule was kind of fucked up at the time, and as I was putting something in the oven, I heard extremely loud footsteps coming up the basement stairs behind me. This wasn't someone casually walking up the stairs, it was like stomping, and it was coming up pretty fast. I had no idea what to think or do. There was a door to the outside in my basement (I lived on a steep hill, it's hard to explain this particular design flaw), but it was nigh impossible to open without pretty much ripping it from it's hinges.

So I stood in front of the door, not having any idea what to expect and kind of panicking like a bitch, and then the stomping stopped maybe 3/4 of the way up the steps. I flung the door open so hard that the handle got stuck the wall, and there was nothing there and it was completely silent. I just stood there for maybe a minute, waiting for something to happen, but alas, nothing else happened for the rest of the night. I went down the next day and the door was still locked up tight and nothing was moved or anything. Literally almost shit my pants.

I never tried to communicate or anything of that nature, I didn't really think to. For a long time, I blamed it on various psychological things rather than ghosts. I didn't really start to think maybe that's what it was until I moved to where I live now, where nothing happens at all. I suppose maybe it's still possible that there was some not-so-paranormal explanation for the things that happened; I could just be crazy, etc.

One thing is for certain, though. I never just "got used to it". It's always an unsettling experience to know you're alone, and at the same time, know that you're definitely not.

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-21 12:40:18

Things you hear about on Tv about ghosts? man watching some of that stuff really turns you off believing in them >.<
They pretty much get a crappy cam corder and run around in a dark from for 45mins. It's stupid as...

Yeah I believe in Ghosts, had a few creep experiences myself but long story, In fact I had one recently and I actually a pussy enough to wake up my parents over it :P and I'm 15 lol.
Ghosts are the actual spirits of the people? I don't believe that now! My opinion is that when the person dies, their soul goes to heaven or hell right? (because I believe in the Almighty)
But the actually thought that these are the people's restless spirits on earth? Not one bit, they had their life here, that's it.
So what do I believe? I believe that these "spirits" are pretty much they're own "species" if that makes sense, they cannot be seen by us but they give us signs that they're there and when they want to be seen they make it pretty dam obvious.
And... just like humans they have good and bad ones too! and the bad ones are the ones who bother us a lot.
The good ones? I say they just keep to themselves really.

Just stating my opinion is all...

NEED A VOICE ACTOR?! YOU GOT ONE RIGHT HERE SWEETIE ;)

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-21 13:51:56

At 12/21/11 12:40 PM, BanglaBoy96 wrote:
They pretty much get a crappy cam corder and run around in a dark from for 45mins. It's stupid as...

I just want to reiterate, Ghost Hunters is garbage.

Yeah I believe in Ghosts, had a few creep experiences myself but long story

We have time. Do share.

Ghosts are the actual spirits of the people?

Evidence would suggest, yes. Absolutely.

I don't believe that now! My opinion is that when the person dies, their soul goes to heaven or hell right? (because I believe in the Almighty)

You can still believe in the Almighty and believe in Ghosts. These are actual things on this earth that you can experience, you aren't going to be damned for providing thought to that.

You provide an interesting perspective on the matter, but I think it would do you good to delve into these strange happenings with the mindset of curiosity. See what you can learn from the experience.

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-21 13:54:23

At 12/21/11 12:57 PM, RacistBassist wrote: (But now we have dogs so I just assume it's them)

Supposedly animals and small children are more sensitive to detecting ghosts. The dogs aren't reacting to anything unseen?

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-21 14:15:15

I hear black people are more prone to fear ghosts, but thats just the racist in me.

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-21 14:46:47

At 12/19/11 09:59 PM, Phobotech wrote:
At 12/19/11 07:45 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote:
See? That contributes nothing to the conversation, based on nothing, and it makes the poster look like an idiot. You would be on par with the discussion by...oh I dunno... discussing ghosts.

Alright that's it when I die I'll haunt the shit out of you.

Pretend not to care about anything, but be bothered by everything.

You may be fast on the roads but it's no use on the track.

ScaryPicnic made me do it.My letterboxd.

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-21 19:01:50

At 12/21/11 02:46 PM, Slint wrote:
Alright that's it when I die I'll haunt the shit out of you.

Bring it on.

A Serious Discussion About Ghosts.

BBS Signature

Response to A Serious Discussion About Ghosts. 2011-12-22 02:00:23

At 12/21/11 01:51 PM, Phobotech wrote: We have time. Do share.

You sure they're long stories

NEED A VOICE ACTOR?! YOU GOT ONE RIGHT HERE SWEETIE ;)

BBS Signature