New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 02:08 PM Reply

Headcrab Zombies. Especially when you realize that the people underneath are still alive and conscious of the fact that their body is being mutilated and twisted into a horrible killing machine.

But at the same time it's like a mercy killing.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 02:13 PM Reply

Surprised at all the Skyrim mentions. Don't get me wrong, the game is amazing, but making characters you care about isn't Bethesda's strong point.

I'd go with the Boss from MGS3 and Connor from Dragon Age. The latter is avoidable but I decided to off him because my character was a complete and total murderous douchebag, and I wanted to see if you could actually kill him.

Yup, you can kill a kid. A kid who did nothing wrong besides being born with magical powers. A kid who, after having his throat slit by you, is mourned for all but two seconds despite the fact that his death could have been easily avoided if you traveled a few miles to gather the mages.

What a fucked up game.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 04:59 PM Reply

I definitely remember there were quite a few. There were people you could optionally kill, I avoided killing them because I felt sorry for them. Also Carlos in Saints Row 2, though it was the best choice since he was dragged for miles by a car and couldn't even talk he was so battered. At least you didn't actually kill him, it was done by your character in a cutscene.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Alphabetetical
Alphabetetical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 06:05 PM Reply

Little old ladies in GTA IV.

It feels like more of an addiction. I don't want to do it, but I have to to fulfill my exorbitant bloodthirsty ways.

Lolthread
Thanks a bunch to CagedSilhouette for the shiny new sig.

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 06:29 PM Reply

Spoiler

I wouldn't say I mourn them as my conscience died many years ago but the blood mages from Dragon Age 2 weren't really evil, they just were stupid enough to attack me. Blood magic doesn't require any demonic pacts, can be used without killing people, and is the same thing the Templars use for the phylactories so it isn't inherently evil but the people who made the game certainly tried to make it seem that way. I would have preferred to be able to create an army of blood mages to fight the Templars with but that option wasn't available.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 08:49 PM Reply

At 11/15/11 09:04 PM, FigishPig3000 wrote: Also I just thought of another. You're playing Morrowind, and need to rest to gain some health but there are enemies near by! Oh no! You look around for ages and find nothing... Except a poor helpless Scrib... It must die.

I was going to mention scribs.

Also, I remember one time feeling bad for pistol whipping a grunt in Halo that was running away.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
EDUCATIONALWAGON
EDUCATIONALWAGON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 08:58 PM Reply

SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERSSKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
V
V
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERSSKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
SKYRIM SPOILERS
CV
FSDRBHRWJHBHTEHTERH
TRWEHTRE
HTRWE
HTR
WEHTRE

When you have to kill the emporor for the dark brotherhood, he just kind of accepts it, and he was a really cool guy. He gives you his dying wish, and leaves it at that. i wish i didnt have to kill him, he was a cool guy.

Tweeter and the Monkey Man were hard-up for cash, they stayed up all night selling cocaine and hash.

BBS Signature
robotking98
robotking98
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 09:09 PM Reply

For some reason whenever I kill that asshole doctor in the first assassin's creed I feel like a horrible person.

Seriously, who even reads these things anymore?

BBS Signature
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 08
Artist
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 09:15 PM Reply

Halo Series Grunts...When you play as the bad guy part, its just so fun to have the little guys around....So helpless.

BBS Signature
Zoraxe7
Zoraxe7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 09:18 PM Reply

The Ganados and Majini (or however you spell them) from RE4 and 5.

There are just people that have been turned into savages by parasites. No way to save them either, just kill em all.

Except for that merchant, he just wants to sell stuff, for some reason.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 09:22 PM Reply

At 11/15/11 07:00 PM, POTaTOS wrote: The psychopathic people in Panchea in Human Revolution. They're just normal people driven to insanity. If I kill them they won't get to feel the relief of being sane again.

killing the children in deus ex 1 was even sadder. the saddest part is that you gain nothing from doing it and it is in no way required but still i could not resist shooting them with my GEP gun :( :( :(

At 11/16/11 02:07 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: In MW2, the "No Russian" mission makes me cringe every time. You're walking into an airport and shooting unarmed people. Even when I watch people play the game, I have to look away.

I wish I was that engrossed in MW2. All I could think was HAHA TAKE THAT LOL THIS IS SWEET XD

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 10:11 PM Reply

At 11/16/11 09:22 PM, GiantDouche wrote:
At 11/16/11 02:07 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: In MW2, the "No Russian" mission makes me cringe every time. You're walking into an airport and shooting unarmed people. Even when I watch people play the game, I have to look away.
I wish I was that engrossed in MW2. All I could think was HAHA TAKE THAT LOL THIS IS SWEET XD

Yeah, I just try to kill as many people as I can with grenades and make sure I get the guys hiding in the corners.

phantomlassuk
phantomlassuk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 10:21 PM Reply

I think the wild animals in Red Dead Redemption has a lot of trouble at first with the killing and skinning of animals in that game okay with it now though. The little Sisters in Bioshock I could not kill them, so I played good guy in both games. Robots in Fallout 3 don't like killing them.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 16th, 2011 @ 11:02 PM Reply

I don't really know if these count as true enemies, but killing the little bunnies and foxes in Skyrim makes me sad. If I didn't need to kill some foxes for their leather I wouldn't do it.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 04:02 AM Reply

Pigs and cows in Minecraft...

They are just so completely defenseless and they just ran away squealing and screaming as I batter the shit out of them, I feel bad for the non-existing creatures.

SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 06:11 AM Reply

At 11/16/11 09:09 PM, robotking98 wrote: For some reason whenever I kill that asshole doctor in the first assassin's creed I feel like a horrible person.

Me too and robert de sable,especially when he says :
"Ironic, isn't it... that I, your greatest enemy, kept you safe from harm?"

"I felt like an avenging angel, what I looked like was a fat bald guy with a bad temper." - Max Payne
Dean is a winner

seel
seel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 06:19 AM Reply

A bunch of people from the first village in Skyrim, they were friendly at first and I had gone around talking to them and stuff. But then I killed a chicken and all of a sudden the whole village wanted to see me dead so I had to defend myself and ended up slaughtering half the village.

I felt bad so I restored an older save.
OpusFreiling
OpusFreiling
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 11/16/11 04:59 PM, dogpup4 wrote: I definitely remember there were quite a few. There were people you could optionally kill, I avoided killing them because I felt sorry for them. Also Carlos in Saints Row 2, though it was the best choice since he was dragged for miles by a car and couldn't even talk he was so battered. At least you didn't actually kill him, it was done by your character in a cutscene.

I always felt bad for killing the Ronin actually, because the storyline is set in stone. I wish you could have a respect meter towards other gangs ala the PS1 GTAs, as opposed to your own. All their talk on the street is bitching about what crappy leaders the Akujis are makes you feel like there should have been some missions where you positively take over sections of their gang territory through negotiation or bribery or special pro-ronin missions vs the other two gangs. Then during the Ultor missions not only would you have Saints but converted Ronin fighting against their former 'masters.'

And also Maero was an arse but you should have been able to negotiate a settlement with him, especially if you take out one or both of the other gangs first. I didn't feel bad about killing him, per se, but rather that it had to happen at all, rather than you getting really strong and bringing him officially into the Saints with the Brotherhood.
Also I didn't like there wasn't a way to activate the ronin trap out-of-cutscene and save Aisha, instead you have to walk into it like a dumbass, she screams, and gets her head cut off. And it's such a waste considering you just (likely) had to shoot down a helicopter with small arms meaning her sacrifice was worthless. You could have walked through those swords and punched the ronins' lights out while Gat challenges their enforcer guy (forget his name) to 1 on 1, badass as you are. Once you're finished punching them, then Gat gets cut down like normal, you fight him off, and then take Gat to the hospital along with Aisha. Would have made a lot more sense.

At 11/15/11 07:21 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote: Every enemy in klonoa.
they didn't deserve to die!

Heh, not even Leorina? She went completely crazy and burned down Volk after all...
God I wish Namco would give us a next-gen Klonoa ;_;
That series is one of my favourites. And they could go the Metal Gear Solid route, have the older ones (1, 2, GBA, the volleyball one) unlockable on the disc.

Anyway if any of you have seen the anime Record of Lodoss War, the black dragon Narse appears in the Dreamcast game. He's sickly and wounded from his battle during the series with Mison and wants you to recover the equipment of his champion, spread through 4 different temples, then come back wearing them and kill him in a last glorious fight. Now it is optional, but the game sort of pushes it upon you. He would rly rly like this as a final favour of you because he recognises how powerful you are and how great a final battle it will be. He is specifically asking Slayn to contact you for this purpose. Now he might be sickly, but he's still a dragon so he'll kick your ass if you stand still, but when you finally kill him he topples over in a depressing fashion, like a lame horse that was just shot in the head by its rider. It was hard to wear the full suit again after that, bonuses be damned.

Also I hate killing FROGs in MGS4, and I hate that you can't knock out your buddies and tranq them all yourself in those two areas you have help. Not cuz they're chicks but because based upon how merciless Ocelot was in Liquid mode, and how the B&B corps was formed, you can pretty much guess how their unit came to be. I wanted to have an option to do those areas solo with the shotgun stun pellets, flashbombs, and the tranq pistol and keep them around, and I would kill one of my team and have to continue whenever one of them got dickish and shot them after they were tranqed. XD
Those damned triggerhappy loons, especially the dude with the exclamation point mohawk. You would think Meryl would have been sympathetic at least, since she had to put up with a variety of implied bad scenarios with Ocelot.

argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 17th, 2011 @ 11:39 AM Reply

can't say I've had developed a personal relationship of mutual likes likes or interest with a enemy. I just love killing them with absolutely no remorse besides the fact they're only their to serve as obstacles for me to encouter... It was almost personal pleasure to kill Butch's mom In Fallout 3 chasing her down all the corridor's in vault 101 even when she was dead It did not stop me mutilating her body and feeding her limbs too The Rad Roaches that were in that small dinning room.

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 04:53 AM Reply

Just remembered, I feel guilty when I kill thieves in Assassin's Creed II. I know they stole your money, but when I chase them I try not to get them killed. I feel quite sad if I see them fall.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 06:30 AM Reply

Basically anything that has no intent of hurting you unless you hurt them.Big daddies, Skyrim giants, etc.

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 07:58 AM Reply

At 11/17/11 06:19 AM, seel wrote: A bunch of people from the first village in Skyrim, they were friendly at first and I had gone around talking to them and stuff. But then I killed a chicken and all of a sudden the whole village wanted to see me dead so I had to defend myself and ended up slaughtering half the village.

I didn't kill the chicken. Why would they get so mad about that?

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
seel
seel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 11:57 AM Reply

At 11/18/11 07:58 AM, Cootie wrote:
At 11/17/11 06:19 AM, seel wrote: A bunch of people from the first village in Skyrim, they were friendly at first and I had gone around talking to them and stuff. But then I killed a chicken and all of a sudden the whole village wanted to see me dead so I had to defend myself and ended up slaughtering half the village.
I didn't kill the chicken. Why would they get so mad about that?

No idea. Oversensitive AI? Possible homage to the Zelda franchise? Could be because I was a wood elf too, and everyone in the village being Nords.

Damn racist undertones.
Crazystuff
Crazystuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Artist
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 05:55 PM Reply

At 11/15/11 09:04 PM, FigishPig3000 wrote: Also I just thought of another. You're playing Morrowind, and need to rest to gain some health but there are enemies near by! Oh no! You look around for ages and find nothing... Except a poor helpless Scrib... It must die.

It makes those noises, and doesn't really fight back. It just paralyses you (making the slaughter last longer...) and nips at your ankles...

WOW! i haven't heard someone talk about Morrowind forever. I Think all the Elder Scrolls games get me all sad sometimes. You make someone really like you and you get attached and then you end up killing them. In Oblivion I always felt guilty when I killed the grey prince in the arena. I felt even more guilty when I completed the grey price quest on another character and he just stood their and begged to die. Then I walk down into the Bloodworks and talk to the blue gladiator expecting a congrats but instead he hates me for killing his friend.

Art is more than oil on a canvas!

Krinkels
Krinkels
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Animator
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 18th, 2011 @ 11:32 PM Reply

Joseph Clerence from Hitman: Blood Money.

Molotov
Molotov
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 19th, 2011 @ 12:20 AM Reply

At 11/16/11 12:16 AM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 11/15/11 10:01 PM, Molotov wrote: you could've gone through the whole mission without shooting a civilian.
What about all those cops and FSBs who were only doing their jobs?

i dont feel bad for killing anyone who shoots at me...

I felt worse for killing all the american soldiers towards the end of the game.
They were committing treason. No sympathy for the wicked.

... but i dont like the idea of killing soldiers that were simply unlucky enough to fall under a certain generals command. it could have been an 18 year old from iowa trying to pay for college.

ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 19th, 2011 @ 07:44 PM Reply

None really.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Gamer
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 11:43 AM Reply

I feel bad for kicking Donkey Kong's ass in the original arcade game after I learned that he was abused.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, & Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo.com & Guinea Something Good!

NiKva
NiKva
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 01:30 PM Reply

I accidentally killed everyone on Oblivion.
Now I'm the only person in Cyrodil.

Darkstar043088
Darkstar043088
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? Nov. 26th, 2011 @ 05:44 PM Reply

For some reason, I hate beating Bowser in any Mario game. For once I'd just like to see him succeed in SOMETHING, and Mario's always trying to get him down.