00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Enemies you feel guilty killing?

5,453 Views | 68 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 18:04:48

So are there any enemies from games that you fell guilty for killing, for whatever reason?

I always feel bad for killing the Mulligans from The Binding of Isaac. They just cower away from me... But I have to kill them to continue. I'm sorry, little guy...

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 18:06:16

I started playing Skyrim today. Near the beginning there was this bear just laying down snoozing in a cave. I shot it with an arrow then it got up and ran to me to attack so I killed it.

I mourned it hard.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 18:12:03

I know he wasn't really an enemy until the end of the game if you played the evil side, but damnit all killing Zeke in Infamous 2 nearly brought a tear to my eye. Just drove me into a dark place for a few minutes as I shocked him until he died. Those who have played the evil side of the game can surely understand.

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 18:44:02

Rundas from Metroid Prime 3

Ansem (corrupted Riku) from Kingdom Hearts of course this was before I knew he would survive.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 18:50:43

Waddle Dee's.

Seriously, all they do is hop around while I devour and kill them with no mercy. Sure, some of them have spears, but thats because they are serving as guards. As for the ones with umbrellas.....it makes me feel worse.

Ponies? Yeah, ponies.

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 19:00:15

*Spoilers for Deus Ex: Human Revolution follow.*
The psychopathic people in Panchea in Human Revolution. They're just normal people driven to insanity. If I kill them they won't get to feel the relief of being sane again.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 19:04:01

I tend to avoid killing the harmless animals that don't attack you in the Metroid Prime games and just let them go on their merry way. I don't exactly mourn if I accidentally shoot one, but I try not to.

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 19:04:15

Negative Man, from Mother 3. He only had one attack that could possibly damage you, and it did around 1 damage per hit. Most of his other attacks involved him crying or feeling depressed.

Miracles happen.

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 19:21:25

Every enemy in kolona.

they didn't deserve to die!

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 20:40:46

At 11/15/11 06:55 PM, tyler2513 wrote: Every enemy in the entire Kirby franchise.

This times 1,000. Everything in the entire Kirby franchise is just so God damn cute, it's nearly impossible to kill anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 20:48:07

At 11/15/11 08:05 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: All those poor souls from "No Russian".

Those weren't enemies, those were practice.

QOTW:

"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 21:04:38

Also I just thought of another. You're playing Morrowind, and need to rest to gain some health but there are enemies near by! Oh no! You look around for ages and find nothing... Except a poor helpless Scrib... It must die.

It makes those noises, and doesn't really fight back. It just paralyses you (making the slaughter last longer...) and nips at your ankles...

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 21:22:55

mostly enemies in rpg's who i know i could have talked my way out of.

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 22:01:19

At 11/15/11 08:05 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: All those poor souls from "No Russian".

you could've gone through the whole mission without shooting a civilian. I felt worse for killing all the american soldiers towards the end of the game.

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 22:19:55

yes

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 22:29:08

The way my Pikmin would maul those bulorb things was pretty horrifying. Poor little guys would get overwhelmed.

Also, Big Daddies

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 22:33:57

When I was a kid, I mourned killing animals that were harmless and cute

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 22:36:44

At 11/15/11 06:12 PM, Kynro wrote: I know he wasn't really an enemy until the end of the game if you played the evil side, but damnit all killing Zeke in Infamous 2 nearly brought a tear to my eye. Just drove me into a dark place for a few minutes as I shocked him until he died. Those who have played the evil side of the game can surely understand.

I feel you man, when I was with Zeke on that rooftop I was like "Zeke, why didn't you just joined me?" but Zeke was a good guy so I understand why he didn't, then when the aim reticule came up I knew I had to kill him, and I was like "Sorry Zeke, but this is how the world works." Then I slowly shot him part of me Didn't want Zeke to die and most of me was like "I have to kill him, I have to kill him." and I finally killed him, that part that didn't want Zeke to die was like "ZEKE! NO!!" Then I just shook my feelings for Zeke away and I got the Evil Ending.

Does that make me a heartless jerk?

Click my sig, it says so.

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 23:48:22

Cole in BF3, and Any German soldier in any FPS.

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-15 23:52:02

SPOILERS

I can't believe this wasn't mentioned yet. All of the enemies in Metal Gear Solid. I honestly can say I mourned the loss of all of the bosses in that game. All of them had a sad story and were all just in a shitty place. Somehow they all helped you in some way, although trying to kill you at some point. I as totally sentimental towards almost every one of their deaths.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-16 00:10:00

Goombas. All they think of is CHARGE!

You fight the good fight little Goomba.

You fight the good fight *sniff*

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-16 02:07:33

Very few enemies in games give me guilt for killing them, but one level sticks out more than any other:

In MW2, the "No Russian" mission makes me cringe every time. You're walking into an airport and shooting unarmed people. Even when I watch people play the game, I have to look away.

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-16 03:50:28

I always feel bad killing Waddle Dee. They're going about with their business and in comes Kirby to kick their ass.

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-16 04:05:35

The Goomba looking things from Braid. Then again I could always press shift :D

Raining upwards. Every step of the way.

" if its challenge accepted its gonna be like a volcano just erupted out of your ass"

-Sage Mike

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-16 05:25:46

At 11/15/11 06:06 PM, Gagsy wrote: I started playing Skyrim today. Near the beginning there was this bear just laying down snoozing in a cave. I shot it with an arrow then it got up and ran to me to attack so I killed it.

I mourned it hard.

Once I get to the later point of the game, I'm gonna feel bad killing all those dragons.

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-16 06:04:36

At 11/16/11 05:25 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Once I get to the later point of the game, I'm gonna feel bad killing all those dragons.

Oh god. It'll be like killing a sibling to you. :(

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-16 11:22:03

Mordin Solus' old student in Mass Effect 2, I can't remember if Shepard, or Mordin shoot him - But it's damn depressing, their race seems so fragile, and Mordin really gives them all character, and then bam we kill one (given you choose the bold Renegade move), and the poor guy just drops.

There are also the little monkey type critters that are on some planets, they seem quite rare for the most part... But you can't help yourself when you see one, they must die. So you shoot them, and then you look at it and see a dead little monkey thing... And you have to kill them on the Krogan planet too!

:(

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-16 13:50:36

i felt bad that i had to kill Big Smoke in GTA San Andreas, i really thought he was one of the coolest.

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-16 14:08:51

Headcrab Zombies. Especially when you realize that the people underneath are still alive and conscious of the fact that their body is being mutilated and twisted into a horrible killing machine.

But at the same time it's like a mercy killing.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Enemies you feel guilty killing? 2011-11-16 14:13:39

Surprised at all the Skyrim mentions. Don't get me wrong, the game is amazing, but making characters you care about isn't Bethesda's strong point.

I'd go with the Boss from MGS3 and Connor from Dragon Age. The latter is avoidable but I decided to off him because my character was a complete and total murderous douchebag, and I wanted to see if you could actually kill him.

Yup, you can kill a kid. A kid who did nothing wrong besides being born with magical powers. A kid who, after having his throat slit by you, is mourned for all but two seconds despite the fact that his death could have been easily avoided if you traveled a few miles to gather the mages.

What a fucked up game.