Be a Supporter!

Lets say god dosn't exist...

  • 1,192 Views
  • 37 Replies
New Topic
maxninja234
maxninja234
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:08 PM

if he dosn't, what do you think will happen when we die. If you say complete darkness, how would our brain process the nothingness. Explain to me plz.


“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.”-Orson Welles

BBS Signature
saltovergray
saltovergray
  • Member since: Aug. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:08 PM

Our brain wouldn't process the nothingness, because your brain would cease function and decay.

It would be like before you were born. Don't remember? Exactly.


BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:12 PM

Remember before you were born? I'm sure you don't, since your did not have a brain to process anything. Same happens when you die. There is no 'darkness,' as that implies one would still retain a modicum of consciousness despite not having a brain.


[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
maxninja234
maxninja234
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:13 PM

At 11/13/11 06:08 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: Our brain wouldn't process the nothingness, because your brain would cease function and decay.

It would be like before you were born. Don't remember? Exactly.

And what was it like before I was born then. It was probably blackness. I won't be alive again to acknowledge the fact that it was something. If I'm never alive again, then what happens in that time I can't remember?


“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.”-Orson Welles

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:16 PM

At 11/13/11 06:13 PM, maxninja234 wrote:
At 11/13/11 06:08 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote: Our brain wouldn't process the nothingness, because your brain would cease function and decay.

It would be like before you were born. Don't remember? Exactly.
And what was it like before I was born then. It was probably blackness.

That's what he just said.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:16 PM

imagine being asleep before a dream theres nothing there and you cant remember it because YOU HAVE NO BRAIN TO PROCESS ANYTHING


Hi

BBS Signature
Teddyriffic
Teddyriffic
  • Member since: Aug. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:17 PM

It's simply nothingness, like when you are sleeping or as the best example which was stated before : It's like before you were born

maxninja234
maxninja234
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:20 PM

At 11/13/11 06:16 PM, beardkiller wrote: imagine being asleep before a dream theres nothing there and you cant remember it because YOU HAVE NO BRAIN TO PROCESS ANYTHING

But I wake up in the morning and acknowledge that. I don't wake from death. There has to be a diffrence from dreams and death. I can't see the nothing when I die. How is nothing possible. There needs to be something. Visions? Another life? Maybe not an actual life persay, but a vision of another life that dosn't exist?


“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.”-Orson Welles

BBS Signature
STEM
STEM
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:21 PM

At 11/13/11 06:13 PM, maxninja234 wrote: And what was it like before I was born then. It was probably blackness. I won't be alive again to acknowledge the fact that it was something. If I'm never alive again, then what happens in that time I can't remember?

It is admirable that you choose to pursue the philosophy of life after death, in the manner of what an eternity after your death would entail.

But please be wary, the way you phrase "it was probably blackness" would not help you in any form of debate, no matter the subject. "Probably" implies you haven't explored the subject enough to make statements backed up by facts. This can be very dangerous to you own ability to rationalize information that is given to you from the outside world.

I don't mean to be rude about it or anything, it just stuck out to me and thought I'd give some advice on the subject. I've come across a number of people much older than I who throw around "it's probably this, I think it's that" phrases, and then try to impose that belief onto others. It just makes them look like immense, misguided dicks.


[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:22 PM

brain would be dead so we wouldnt process shit

there wouldnt even be darkness for darkness exists but we are dead and while our body may still exist on earth, our conscience no longer is existing


BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:28 PM

I believe in Reincarnation. So I just come back in a new life.

maxninja234
maxninja234
  • Member since: Oct. 7, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Audiophile
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:30 PM

At 11/13/11 06:21 PM, STEM wrote:
At 11/13/11 06:13 PM, maxninja234 wrote: And what was it like before I was born then. It was probably blackness. I won't be alive again to acknowledge the fact that it was something. If I'm never alive again, then what happens in that time I can't remember?
It is admirable that you choose to pursue the philosophy of life after death, in the manner of what an eternity after your death would entail.

But please be wary, the way you phrase "it was probably blackness" would not help you in any form of debate, no matter the subject. "Probably" implies you haven't explored the subject enough to make statements backed up by facts. This can be very dangerous to you own ability to rationalize information that is given to you from the outside world.

I don't mean to be rude about it or anything, it just stuck out to me and thought I'd give some advice on the subject. I've come across a number of people much older than I who throw around "it's probably this, I think it's that" phrases, and then try to impose that belief onto others. It just makes them look like immense, misguided dicks.

Ok...one last thing. If there is nothing, such as in dreams, we can't acknowledge it. Thats what people say. I think we can. It would be impossible to see nothing and not remember it. As long as were in a dream we can at least wake up and say, "Hey nothing happened,". People say we can't do that at death. I think we can. I want everyone to keep an open mind.

Maybe we could be dead right now. There is no possible wway we could tell. After this life has passed it is as if we were born again. We'll have no memory or way to prove it again though. I don't want to make people mad by bashing religeon in any way. I just want everyone to know about this.


“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.”-Orson Welles

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:31 PM

Personaly i just wanna see what happens and if possible inform the still living


Hi

BBS Signature
k6ka
k6ka
  • Member since: May. 13, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:32 PM

You'll be nothing. Hard to explain.

patrick274
patrick274
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:44 PM

the way i see it, region is to help people put them at ease with the idea with of death. everyone is scared of it but in today's day and age the people are more about science and will all be like "o yea your brain decays, so its like what you were before you were born" but if you want to believe that there is a place that you'll go to after you die, then believe that and it shouldn't matter what other people think. keep that to yourself otherwise you'll make some enemies.

tox
tox
  • Member since: Mar. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Audiophile
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:45 PM

At 11/13/11 06:44 PM, patrick274 wrote:

BROTHER :D


call me toxie 0.~
reached vet status by RacistBassist , fuckyeah.jpg

BBS Signature
Light
Light
  • Member since: May. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:46 PM

At 11/13/11 06:08 PM, maxninja234 wrote: if he dosn't, what do you think will happen when we die. If you say complete darkness, how would our brain process the nothingness. Explain to me plz.

I would imagine that it would be like the time before we were born. We obviously have no memories of such a time nor are we personally aware of what happened before then. Such would probably be the case after we die.


I was formerly known as "Jedi-Master."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."--Dr. Seuss

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:47 PM

At 11/13/11 06:44 PM, patrick274 wrote: the way i see it, region is to help people put them at ease with the idea with of death. everyone is scared of it but in today's day and age the people are more about science and will all be like "o yea your brain decays, so its like what you were before you were born" but if you want to believe that there is a place that you'll go to after you die, then believe that and it shouldn't matter what other people think. keep that to yourself otherwise you'll make some enemies.

My god an intelligent post that ive read in full thanks for the dose of smartness NG will grow from it...possibly...not very possibly but the chance is fathomable if people read it


Hi

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 06:49 PM

The existence of God alone does not change our experiences after this life. So to say "Let's say God doesn't exist" makes little sense.

But, I cannot answer the question because, to me, it would be like asking "what would it be like if 2+2=5?".


BBS Signature
Freddythealien
Freddythealien
  • Member since: Dec. 19, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Animator
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 07:35 PM

Who cares?
Reincarnation I dunno.
Makes more sense that the whole...
"LOL YOUR IN A CLUB FULL OF EVERYONE THAT HAS DIED LOL"
So.... Yeah, Doesnt make much sense does it?


I Hereby post the blame on You

BBS Signature
ImlunchBoxx
ImlunchBoxx
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 07:38 PM

death is just the absence of life


BBS Signature
SpaceWhale
SpaceWhale
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Musician
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 07:40 PM

i imagine it'd be like in Pictures for Sad Children, where everybody just wakes up and hangs out in their graves for all eternity.


Can you feel it mister Krabs?

BBS Signature
WallofYawn
WallofYawn
  • Member since: Aug. 2, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Musician
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 07:45 PM

At 11/13/11 06:08 PM, maxninja234 wrote: if he dosn't, what do you think will happen when we die. If you say complete darkness, how would our brain process the nothingness. Explain to me plz.

The brain wouldn't process nothingness, because when you die, all processes cease completely. It's like smashing your computer into little bits. You can't fix it, and it will never run again. That is all death is.

So, why fear death if when you're dead, you won't be able to care one way or another? It's very difficult to fathom or accept something you've never experienced before, which is why we fear death.

In truth, however, death is very peaceful. Death is the ultimate escape. Where all troubles, worries, and emotions cease. Death is peaceful, life is chaotic. Not that I want to die anytime soon, but I understand that my fear of death is irrational and inconsequential.

Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 07:51 PM

ITT: Everybody says it'd be like it was before you were born.


Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7832-9212 | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
chiefindomer
chiefindomer
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 07:53 PM

At 11/13/11 06:08 PM, maxninja234 wrote: If you say complete darkness,

Saying complete darkness sort of implies that we would be able to experience said darkness.

how would our brain process the nothingness.

It wouldn't, hence the term "nothingness".


.

BBS Signature
RandomRoarness
RandomRoarness
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 08:24 PM

At 11/13/11 07:38 PM, ImlunchBoxx wrote: death is just the absence of life

so eventually life returns and then becomes absence soon after. repeats over and over. kind of like the circle of life that runs non-stop


happy, sad....!?

"if you're ever getting buttfucked go with scarlet velvet " - Bantam

BBS Signature
straberrykiler6789
straberrykiler6789
  • Member since: Aug. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 08:29 PM

At 11/13/11 06:13 PM, maxninja234 wrote:
And what was it like before I was born then. It was probably blackness. I won't be alive again to acknowledge the fact that it was something. If I'm never alive again, then what happens in that time I can't remember?

before you were Conceved you did not have the parts of the brain needed to process the images that were coming from your eyes

when you get NO DATA you see black

lacking the parts of the brain to comprehend it though

BasedBubbus
BasedBubbus
  • Member since: Jul. 8, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Musician
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 08:31 PM

so just because you can't fathom that there might not be anything when you die you chuck it off to god?

sounds normal.

I'm a single father and a multimillionaire.

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 13th, 2011 @ 09:07 PM

um do you guys even care about what your talking about?


Hi

BBS Signature
beardkiller
beardkiller
  • Member since: Mar. 23, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Lets say god dosn't exist... Nov. 29th, 2011 @ 12:11 AM

I like to kidnap threads via bump so what


Hi

BBS Signature