ChaosWisdom
ChaosWisdom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-13 23:40:24 Reply

At 11/13/11 06:20 PM, GamesArmor wrote:
At 11/13/11 05:23 PM, ChaosWisdom wrote: Tough one but here's my list. I have an obvious bias with Platformers.

1) Sonic 3 & Knuckle
2) Starcraft: Broodwar
3) Super Mario 64
4) Super Mario Bros. 3
5) Banjo-Kazooie
6) Super Smash Bros. Brawl
7) Sonic Adventure 2
8) Grand Theft Auto III
9) Half life 2 (Source Engine)
10) Gears of War 3
*looks at list*

...faggot. How could you put Super Mario Bros 3 up there but completely ignore Super Mario World?

I liked Mario 3's level design more, plus it was a huge leap from it's predecessor. Super Mario World polished and expanded on what that game started.

DJVI
DJVI
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-14 02:58:08 Reply

1. StarCraft 2
2. MW2
3. WarCraft 3
4. StarCraft
5. GTA Vice City
6. GTA San Andreas
7. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
8. Crash Team Racing
9. Unreal Tournament
10. Red Alert 2

Newest song: Rippers

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-14 03:27:39 Reply

At 11/14/11 03:17 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: list

I'm not knocking your list or anything man, but dude you gotta play some more games from different eras man. Get a nice scope.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-14 03:54:03 Reply

At 11/14/11 03:27 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 11/14/11 03:17 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: list
I'm not knocking your list or anything man, but dude you gotta play some more games from different eras man. Get a nice scope.

That's a bit rude actually. We're all entitled to play what we want to. Maybe he has played older games, maybe he hasn't, but thats up to him really. If he likes those games then can't we just respect his taste?

Also me and Bahamut are not relatives, we're soulmates ;)

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-14 04:05:40 Reply

At 11/14/11 03:54 AM, Gagsy wrote: That's a bit rude actually. We're all entitled to play what we want to. Maybe he has played older games, maybe he hasn't, but thats up to him really. If he likes those games then can't we just respect his taste?

Not meant to be rude and he is completely entitled to his opinion of course and I know he's played older games, it just seems strange to see a Top 10 list of pretty much all new games.

Also me and Bahamut are not relatives, we're soulmates ;)

This explains so much... the door has been opened.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-14 08:43:42 Reply

At 11/12/11 09:33 PM, The-Great-One wrote: I created a thread like this once with my own favorites and asked that people give descriptions. However it was trolled by a little hipster piece of shit of a gamer and I'm not gonna unearth that. I say this thread should be recreated with the purpose of discussion rather than just lists.

Shame, really. I liked that thread of yours and my top 10 still remains. Well, apart from TF2 which now sucks. Still, it can be seen here.

lol at Command & Civilization typo.

I suppose FFVI will replace TF2 in the top 10. I need to replay FFVI very soon.

At 11/13/11 03:37 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Are you the long lost daughter or sister of Bahamut? From looking at your list and knowing of Bahamut's favorites you two have similar tastes.

Only two of her games match my top 10. And yes, we are soulmates as she stated.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ] Formerly Bahamut

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-14 12:35:57 Reply

10. Bejeweled 3
9. Punchout!
8. Super Street Fighter II
7. Animal Crossing
6. Donkey Kong Country
5. Super Smash Brothers Brawl
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
1. Super Mario 64

Can't wait to remake this list when this thread pops up again!

Sig by Some Guy - AMA Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod "Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-14 15:27:23 Reply

At 11/14/11 03:17 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: List
At 11/14/11 04:09 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: I have played a few older games, but very rarely am I ever able to enjoy them. Ever the mighty LoZ:OoT left me bored to tears. I'd say the oldest game that I actually had any fun with would be Wolfenstein 3D.

We seem to have very similar opinions. Why did we used to argue so much?

JimmyTheCaterpillar
JimmyTheCaterpillar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Writer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-14 20:03:33 Reply

I cant think of ten right off the bat, but i can think of five,

5: Oblivion

4: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

3: GTA

2: Guitar Hero/Rock band

1: MORTAL KOMBAT!

SIG BY AMARANTHUS.| I USED TO BE BROKENRECORD6299 AND UNCLECUBONE | I'm in a band 'n stuff.| Here's some advice on how to be a writer. I ENJOY CRANBERRY SAUCE. A LOT.

BBS Signature
FlaminSquirrel
FlaminSquirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-14 20:16:39 Reply

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Banjo-Tooie
3. Team Fortress 2
4. Halo: Combat Evolved
5. Doom
6. Metroid Prime
7. Super Mario Galaxy
8. Dragon Ball Z Budokai
9. Batman: Arkham Asylum
10. Sonic Heroes

Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-14 20:25:09 Reply

1. GTA 4

2. Fallout New vegas

3. L.A Noire

4.Halo Reach

5.Minecraft

6.Mafia II

7. Halo 3

8. Kerbal Space Program

9. Orbiter

10. Sims 3

BBS Signature
ghdude85
ghdude85
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 06:18:54 Reply

I think I'll narrow this list down to my 10 favorite PS3 game. And all these games are 10/10 in my eyes so these games does alle share the 1st place in some kind of way. Anyways here is the list:

1: Red Dead Redemption
2: Assassin's Creed Bortherhood
3: Batman Arkham Asylum
4: Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
5: InFamous
6: Bioshock
7: Borderlands
8: Brutal Legend
9: Heavy Rain
10: Mirror's Edge

It's a shame to not see Metal Gear Solid 4 on this list...
ghdude85
ghdude85
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 06:24:00 Reply

Sorry for the doublepost, but I figured I had to write a second list where I list my top 10 game-series! It's a little easier to name favorite series then just individual games.

1: The Legend of Zelda
2: Metal Gear Solid
3: Kindom Hearts
4: Assassin's Creed
5: Ratchet & Clank
6: Jak & Daxter
7: Sly Raccoon
8: Uncharted
9: God of War
10: Guitar Hero / Rock Band

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 08:28:25 Reply

This thread would be a lot more interesting if there were more users sharing real inputs for their top 10 like Dean and idiot-monarch rather than dropping a list of ten games that they like the most. At least TGO's thread from last year enforced that.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ] Formerly Bahamut

towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 08:34:33 Reply

At 11/15/11 08:28 AM, Bahamut wrote: This thread would be a lot more interesting if there were more users sharing real inputs for their top 10 like Dean and idiot-monarch rather than dropping a list of ten games that they like the most. At least TGO's thread from last year enforced that.

Ehhh, I might write up something later today/this week about my list.

Just woke up so I won't be doing it right now.

MrMeD
MrMeD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 08:48:31 Reply

10. Civilisation - Test of Time (PC)
9. Sim City 4 (PC)
8. Bomberman 64 (N64)
7. Metro 2033 (PC)
6. Commander Keen (PC)
5. Portal 2 (PC)
4. Age of Empires II (PC)
3. Settlers Gold (PC)
2. Team Fortress (PC)
1. Jetpack (PC)

lolpc
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 09:26:12 Reply

Aight. Wrote my first one; others will follow when I've got a chance.

1) Cave Story

The perfect platformer/side-scroller. That comes from its simplicity: it doesn't try to be [too] "innovative" like other games nor is it too simple mirroring games like Pong and the like. And it's also light-years ahead of all the other artsy freeware garbage that's been released. It has weapon variety and most of them can level up; my most used ones were the knife/sword, and rifle that let you rocket jump (can't remember the specific name). The story is just fun with sad moments throughout (CURLY ;____;). There's also its nostalgic value, but it's such a unique and new experience that all of my love isn't just because of nostalgia; it can get difficult later on but nothing ball-crushing.

9) Max Payne

Replaced F/SN with this, by the way.

HammerBrute
HammerBrute
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 11:30:41 Reply

Easy 'nuff

#1 Fallout New Vegas - hours upon hours of awesome fun. Can't wait for the next fallout installment after Skyrim
#2 Garry's Mod - thousands upon thousands of hours. So much awesome in one mod? nuts.
#3 Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Mw2/Mw3 - Sure it may be the same thing every other year, but so what? New shit to level up and play. It's the same godamn awesome formula and I love it.
#4 Mass Effect 1/2 - like it says on the box; "genuine epic gaming"
#5 Metal Gear Solid 3 - my favourite in the series, great story and gameplay, an all around winner (oh and the theme song is the win)
#6 Crash Team Racing - like Mario Kart but like a bajillion times better, and crash bandicoot!
#7 Breath of Fire IV - legendary PS1 RPG from my childhood, always been a goodun'
#8 Far Cry 2 - too much awesome for an FPS, srsly. Free roaman, gun collectan, pmc killan...
#9 DJ Hero 1/2 - best soundtrack. Yknow, ever.
#10 Crash Twinsanity - classic Crash in new form, with a kickass soundtrack. Yknow, great.

Well, after I post this I bet one comes straight to me and I'm like "SHIT! forgot that game!"

Come on in, be a guy, pull up a chair!

BBS Signature
FlaminSquirrel
FlaminSquirrel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 12:38:24 Reply

As Bahamut suggested, I'll just explain my list.

At 11/14/11 08:16 PM, FlaminSquirrel wrote: 1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Banjo-Tooie

IMO the best that 3D platformers have to offer. Colorful characters, wacky stages and bosses, and hilarious all the way through. To be quite honest the two can be interchanged on my list; I like the first two games so much.

3. Team Fortress 2

I never spent so much time on an online shooter before. TF2's very fun on the normal levels, but the custom modded levels/modes always puts a smile on my face. There was one server where I played a Pac-Man stage, and I've never had so much fun on multiplayer in my life.

4. Halo: Combat Evolved

Another fun title, I picked this one because of its multiplayer. I played the PC version's online mode a lot and I've always had a blast. It reminds me of the Quake games in which you start out with two weapons and had to know where the other weapons are on the map. The campaign is interesting as well, but the multiplayer always interested me. Also the mods are pretty cool. Ocarina of Time in my Halo? YES PLEASE.

5. Doom

Simple, fast, and full of replay value with user-made levels. Need I say more?

6. Metroid Prime

I'll tell you, there's only a few games in which I actually felt immersed. Metroid Prime's one of them. The entire atmosphere of the game is amazing and you get that feeling of loneliness and haunting between the baron lands, old corridors, and the music. Oh God that music. In short, it blends together an experience that actually does suck me in.

7. Super Mario Galaxy

I'm a fan of platformers, as you can tell. Mario platformers are always a treat for me, but Super Mario Galaxy takes the cake for my favorite Mario game. The level designs and concepts in the game are very well-done, and the graphics put any other Wii game to shame. Plus the orchestrated music in the game adds to the overall experience. An orchestra in a Mario game, now that's a treat in its own right IMO.

8. Dragon Ball Z Budokai

I will keep whoring out this game until the end of time. Call me a weeaboo if you want, I still say that DBZ: Budokai has the best storytelling of any of the other DBZ games. Plus the fighting mechanics were awesome and fast-paced and definitely improved with the other Budokai games. But the first one always gets my attention due to the fun story mode, mainly because no other DBZ game has YET to come close to the experience.

9. Batman: Arkham Asylum

I like DC. I like Batman. Naturally a Batman game would interest me. And I loved this game ever since I played the demo. Arkham Asylum really gives you the feeling that you're Batman, beating up foes in the same way the Dark Knight would in the shows and movies with slick combat and stealth. As a kid who used to watch Batman: The Animated Series religiously, a game like this is an absolute godsend.

10. Sonic Heroes

I've seen a lot of love/hate for Sonic Heroes, and in this case it's one of my favorite Sonic games. I dunno if it's just me being a dumb kid and nostalgia just hitting me in the face or what, but I enjoyed Sonic Heroes. The atmosphere really reminds me of the older Sonic games, what with the checkered-patterns on the rocks in Seaside Hill or the round, bright-colored enemies. It's a fun game, IMO, and it's one of my favorite Sonic games.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 18:04:57 Reply

At 11/15/11 08:28 AM, Bahamut wrote: This thread would be a lot more interesting if there were more users sharing real inputs for their top 10 like Dean and idiot-monarch rather than dropping a list of ten games that they like the most. At least TGO's thread from last year enforced that.

My thread got plagued by a little douche though. I tried to bring this up in this thread, but oh well I'm tired of trying to make this forum interesting, just go along with the sheep and don't look back.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 18:06:19 Reply

At 11/15/11 06:04 PM, The-Great-One wrote: but oh well I'm tired of trying to make this forum interesting, just go along with the sheep and don't look back.

Get over yourself.

Tydusis
Tydusis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-15 19:57:22 Reply

Ok, well there is no way I could say "this is my all-time fav#1eva" because that changes all the time for me. But I really like cars and racing games in general, so here is my list of that genre:

10) P.O.D. because it was the first video game I ever played besides Pokemon at the time. A demo disc came with my family's first computer in 1997.
9) Midnight Club 2
8) Need for Speed Underground
7) NFSU2
6) NFS: Most Wanted
5) NFS: Carbon
4) Burnout: Paradise
3) Downhill Domination
2) Gran Turismo 4
1) Burnout 3. Over 100 hours logged in SP and still fun. The most fun Burnout ever.

Out of all the racing games I have ever played, I will always remember #'s 1, 2, 3, and 10 the most. The NFS's are mostly filler.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature
Dr-Worm
Dr-Worm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Movie Buff
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-16 05:09:48 Reply

Hmmm, I don't really have the time to give this the attention it deserves right now, but maybe I'll come back with my Top 10 later.

At 11/13/11 05:10 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: 5. Hitman: Blood Money
3. Shadow of the Colossus
1. Psychonauts

YES. Hitman probably won't be in my Top 10, but I definitely think it's one of the more underrated major studio games of this generation. The other two will definitely be on my list.

At 11/13/11 12:44 AM, Warforger wrote: Can't argue with this list.

I don't know, man, I feel like Blood On the Sand is a more typical modern shooter whereas Bulletproof really captures the essence of Fiddy in a unique way. Both games are absolute essentials, though. You have excellent taste.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: If... (Anderson, 1968, UK) | Letterboxd | Last.fm

BBS Signature
idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-16 08:57:43 Reply

At 11/16/11 05:09 AM, Dr-Worm wrote:
At 11/13/11 05:10 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: 5. Hitman: Blood Money
3. Shadow of the Colossus
1. Psychonauts
YES. Hitman probably won't be in my Top 10, but I definitely think it's one of the more underrated major studio games of this generation. The other two will definitely be on my list.

Once again you prove to be the broest of bros on these forum, Doctor.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
Darknessking47
Darknessking47
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-29 19:20:48 Reply

1. Fallout 2
2. Mortal Kombat Trilogy
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Final Fantasy VIII
5. The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
6. Fallout 3
7. Donkey Kong Country 2
8. Saga Frontier
9. Soul Calibur 3
10. Star Wars Battlefront II

"War... War never changes."

BBS Signature
Nemo103
Nemo103
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-29 19:31:51 Reply

10: Half Life 1
9: Quake 2
8: Ace Combat 2
7: Resident Evil 4
6: Resident Evil 5
5: Ys 3
4: Quake 4
3: Perfect Dark
2: Goldeneye 007
1: Ace Combat Joint Assault

Energizurr
Energizurr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-30 00:02:04 Reply

Ok I'll bite.

1)Metal Gear Solid 3
2)Fallout New Vegas
3)The World Ends With You
4)Shadow of the Colossus
5)Pokemon Ruby
6)The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion
7)Star Wars Battlefront 2
8)Portal
9)Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos
10)The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask

Decently accurate, the only one that I know is for sure is obviously the number 1 spot.

CamerontheConqueror
CamerontheConqueror
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-30 01:36:03 Reply

This was pretty hard to order actually.

10.Battlefront 2 - Used to play this all the time, might have been higher on the list if it worked on my new computer so I could remember what I loved about it.

9. Stronghold Crusader - I'm pretty sure this is the first RTS I ever played. I had a ton of fun with it years ago but can't seem to enjoy it nearly as much today. Still gets a place on the list because it opened my eyes to a different genre.

8.Pokemon Sapphire - The first portable Pokemon game I ever got. (Played Pokemon Stadium before). This is probably one of my most played games of all time. As much as I like the newer and earlier versions something about the Generation of Pokemon and the secret bases and other cool stuff makes this my favorite. It's probably just the nostalgia though.

7. Banjo-Kazooie - A real solid game, my favorite parts were the boss battles and I still enjoy them to this day. Apparently this game was also my main motivation to learn to read.

6. Skyrim - I liked Morrowind and Oblivion too but Skyrim is my favorite for reasons I can't clearly explain. Maybe it's that the combat is better, maybe it's the dragons, maybe it's the improved dungeons. Although I did like the land of Cyrodiil better than Skyrim.

5. Mario Party 4 - I feel kind of bad putting this higher than Banjo-Kazooie but I usually have much more fun playing multiplayer games than singleplayer (yes I know Banjo-Kazooie has a multiplayer I just didn't really enjoy it). I have had so much fun playing Mario Party with friends and family. The reason I didn't choose a different Mario Party is because I like the boards and minigames best for Mario Party 4.

4. Super Mario World - My favorite Mario game, haven't played it in a while though since my SNES doesn't work anymore.

3. Halo 2 - I've played through the campaign several times and had a lot of fun. I didn't get Xbox Live until recently so I never got to play online but I did play local multiplayer a few times with some friends. In my opinion it was the best Halo with CE being a close second.

2. World of Warcraft - If Pokemon Sapphire was one of my most played games than World of Warcraft is defiantly my most played. I've been playing on and off for years now and love the game. I love the world, the combat and the lore. I have the most fun playing with friends which makes it suck that some of them quit.

1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - I love everything about this game, the combat the characters the choices. I also helps that it's Star Wars and Star Wars is my second favorite series losing only to Lord of the Rings. Although I've only played through the game twice I have had so much fun that just typing this makes me want to start all over again. I was considering putting this lower on the list just because I hate the direction that TOR is going but I thought about what I would have made this list before I played TOR and decided to go with that.

BBS Signature
twistex
twistex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-30 02:34:00 Reply

1, Skyrim
2, Amnesia - The Dark Descent
3, Resident Evil 3 Nemisis
4, System Shock 2
5, Deus Ex
6, Deus Ex Human Revolution
7, Tribes 2
8, Kingdom Hearts
9, Tomb Raider
10, Tekken

I am lovin' me some Retro Haze .

BBS Signature
towelie101
towelie101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to Your Top 10 Games 2011-11-30 09:31:55 Reply

Thanks for bumping, guys. Maybe this time I'll get off my lazy ass and write out my list.

Don't count on it, though.