xXghoststruggXx
xXghoststruggXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Laptop spec help. Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 07:12 PM Reply

I'm looking at a laptop in amazon, it's an "Alienware M17X 17.3" Black Laptop"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054Y5 X36/sr=8-1/qid=1320968178/ref=olp_produc t_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1320968178&sr=
8-1&seller=

Is it worth getting? I don't want too end up with the low version of it (if you get what I mean), because I seen the offical website I could get bundles for it, but it'll cost way more. Any help?

BBS Signature
Phantox
Phantox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Laptop spec help. Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 07:19 PM Reply

>2011
>buying an alienware pc

laughingwhores.jpg

seriously. alienware is almost like a mac. charges more for less

I'm not racist, sexist, or hateful. I'm just factual.
Ron Paul 2012
|Free Hentai|

BBS Signature
BobsBurgers2011
BobsBurgers2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Laptop spec help. Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 11/10/11 07:12 PM, xXghoststruggXx wrote: I'm looking at a laptop in amazon, it's an "Alienware M17X 17.3" Black Laptop"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054Y5 X36/sr=8-1/qid=1320968178/ref=olp_produc t_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1320968178&sr=
8-1&seller=

Is it worth getting? I don't want too end up with the low version of it (if you get what I mean), because I seen the offical website I could get bundles for it, but it'll cost way more. Any help?

If you looked for reviews for this laptop, it's usually 4 to 5 stars. And it's also Alienware's flagship laptop, so this seems pretty good to get. And it's also pretty good for a alienware, so get it then! :D

BBS Signature
xXghoststruggXx
xXghoststruggXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
MrMeD
MrMeD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Laptop spec help. Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 08:23 PM Reply

If you don't mind using up a lot of money, you may as well get it.
It really depends on what you're looking for, are you just using that for general work/browsing habits? If so, you can get a much cheaper laptop with pretty decent specs.
But if you want a gaming rig, just get a computer, it's always better than a laptop.

xXghoststruggXx
xXghoststruggXx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Laptop spec help. Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 10:00 PM Reply

At 11/10/11 08:23 PM, MrMeD wrote: If you don't mind using up a lot of money, you may as well get it.
It really depends on what you're looking for, are you just using that for general work/browsing habits? If so, you can get a much cheaper laptop with pretty decent specs.
But if you want a gaming rig, just get a computer, it's always better than a laptop.

It might be a bit of both, I'm still trying to decide if I'm really wanting too be a PC gamer. Because I want a nice rig too play SWTOR, and possibly some additional games.

BBS Signature
AngryBombshell
AngryBombshell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Laptop spec help. Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 10:03 PM Reply

I looked at the amazon specs and thought that it was really only just okay...but that's just from me learning what all the number on the parts mean.

BumFodder
BumFodder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Melancholy
Response to Laptop spec help. Nov. 10th, 2011 @ 11:17 PM Reply

At 11/10/11 10:29 PM, BlueMieux wrote: The MacBook Pro gets great reviews, too. That doesn't make it not overpriced.

A Mac? Are you kidding? Thats like paying for a mansion and getting a shack.

Rockyusa
Rockyusa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to Laptop spec help. Nov. 11th, 2011 @ 02:20 AM Reply

I own the model you're looking at, and you can do way better.
First off, get a desktop. If you don't already do gaming on a desktop, DON'T get a laptop. Desktop > Laptop
Secondly, Alienware is way over priced and the customer service is absolutely horrific. Don't go anywhere near Dell products nor the sub-companies of Dell such as Alienware.

At 6/3/11 10:56 PM, BlakeMo wrote:
: I have no sexual orientation
: ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING HAS POTENTIAL TO BE BLESSED BY MY PENETRATION

BBS Signature
Rabid-Echidna
Rabid-Echidna
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Laptop spec help. Nov. 11th, 2011 @ 02:31 AM Reply

If you really insist on getting a gaming laptop, go for an equally excessive Asus laptop instead of Alienware. Just know that it's going to have a battery life of about 40 minutes on a full charge, and it's going to heat up rapidly until it will almost burn you when you actually game with it. Unless you're going to be taking it around with you and need that kind of performance for some reason, spend the same amount of money building your own gaming desktop. For $1500 you could make a computer that can run pretty much anything.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature
DingoTheDog
DingoTheDog
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Laptop spec help. Nov. 11th, 2011 @ 05:15 AM Reply

At 11/11/11 02:31 AM, Rabid-Echidna wrote: If you really insist on getting a gaming laptop, go for an equally excessive Asus laptop instead of Alienware.

I did this exactly, saved a lot of money and the Asus Gaming laptop has been incredibly good over the past two years. The only downside to the gaming series are the elaborate chasis designs and the "Republic of gamer" tags printed all over the place. Makes taking it out at the airport security points a fairly humiliating experience.

BBS Signature