00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Toffea just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Has anyone ever seen this happen?

962 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-08 13:11:20

It says on my pc 1805 views while it is under judgement

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-08 13:14:30

That flash has 2,557 views right now. Having so many views still doesn't mean that enpugh people(200) voted on it.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-08 13:22:25

At 11/8/11 01:17 PM, SCTE3 wrote: It has 2,906 views now...... Really doubt that many people are actually viewing it though...

I have to agree here. It had 2500 views just 3 minutes ago, so it seems like some people use some kind of bot to view the page multiple times. It just seems suspicious that it gets views so quickly. It is an okay flash, but the views increase too fast.

Tuturu~ ♫

Without truth, there is no justice.

Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-08 14:25:57

The man has a big following. To date, he has 44 awards. The fluctuation in views is due to caching on that particular query on different webservers. Nothing peculiar about any of this.

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-16 20:15:36

At 11/8/11 02:25 PM, liljim wrote: The man has a big following. To date, he has 44 awards. The fluctuation in views is due to caching on that particular query on different webservers. Nothing peculiar about any of this.

Ah, but can something like that happen on a userpage? I occasionally get 1-4 responses to my blog... that aren't there! The number's don't add up. Granted I have an old acct. and went through almost all of the redesigns, but this just bothers me.
Please help. Someone. Anyone!

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-17 02:17:04

At 11/16/11 08:15 PM, VicariousE wrote: Ah, but can something like that happen on a userpage? I occasionally get 1-4 responses to my blog... that aren't there! The number's don't add up. Granted I have an old acct. and went through almost all of the redesigns, but this just bothers me.

The system doesn't work perfectly yet, so if an admin or you deletes a comment, the number doesn't change.
This may be fixed with the redisign though.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-17 11:26:41

Yes it happens alot actually.

Think about it this way. Imagine everytime you said the word "the" a text message was sent to everyone of your contacts in your phone. How many of them if you stopped on the 50th one, would have all 50 text messages already? How many would still be waiting for the 28th, or the 50th to come in? How many have read and updated the tally to tell you?

The information presented will be right, for the time that its showing you, but it might not have all the right information that you originally gave out. Give it time, let it stabalise and then BAM everything is back to normal.

Eff it.

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-17 18:11:50

At 11/17/11 02:17 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 11/16/11 08:15 PM, VicariousE wrote: Ah, but can something like that happen on a userpage? I occasionally get 1-4 responses to my blog... that aren't there! The number's don't add up. Granted I have an old acct. and went through almost all of the redesigns, but this just bothers me.
The system doesn't work perfectly yet, so if an admin or you deletes a comment, the number doesn't change.
This may be fixed with the redisign though.

Never touched it. It read 4 comments, I opened it and nothing was there. Gonna try deleteing my own comment to see wha happns. Probably revert back to 4 ghost comments again.

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-17 18:20:03

I really hate the fact i'm stealing the wind from Matthew's sails on this one, but it MAY be related on some twisted level. Just deleted my own comment, a mauve "deleting comment" thing pops up after the embedded Flash warning dialog, .. and just sat there. Upon refresh, 4 ghost comments to a post that would make any gov't agency very nervous. Cue the twilight zone music and Rod Serling's synopsis.
http://vicariouse.newgrounds.com/news/po st/600007

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-18 17:55:52

If an admin deletes an account or you select the "delete all" option there is a known glitch where your blog will say it has more comments then it actually does. The four comments you had were probably from a spam account that was deleted before you had a chance to read the comments it left.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-18 22:05:05

At 11/18/11 05:55 PM, Malachy wrote: If an admin deletes an account or you select the "delete all" option there is a known glitch where your blog will say it has more comments then it actually does. The four comments you had were probably from a spam account that was deleted before you had a chance to read the comments it left.

Now THAT is as interesting as hell! I guess you picked up on the pattern (as it happened), or was this already blogged upon? Was it the last redesign (don't even remember when that was, I must've been distracted by cool stuff here) that started?
...starting to wonder if there was a ghost in the machine or worse, my brain took a massive shit.
Thanks for assisting an old fart Malachy.

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-19 07:48:52

At 11/18/11 10:05 PM, VicariousE wrote:
At 11/18/11 05:55 PM, Malachy wrote: If an admin deletes an account or you select the "delete all" option there is a known glitch where your blog will say it has more comments then it actually does. The four comments you had were probably from a spam account that was deleted before you had a chance to read the comments it left.
Now THAT is as interesting as hell! I guess you picked up on the pattern (as it happened), or was this already blogged upon? Was it the last redesign (don't even remember when that was, I must've been distracted by cool stuff here) that started?
...starting to wonder if there was a ghost in the machine or worse, my brain took a massive shit.
Thanks for assisting an old fart Malachy.

After the last redesign we got new profiles and blogs and modding controls for those blogs. But the "delete all by user" option was added after the fact because if some dickwad decided to spam 300 comments on one of your blogs it would be a pain in the ass to delete them all one by one... so it wasn't baked into the original code which is probably why it acts weird.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Has anyone ever seen this happen? 2011-11-19 21:49:08

After the last redesign we got new profiles and blogs and modding controls for those blogs. But the "delete all by user" option was added after the fact because if some dickwad decided to spam 300 comments on one of your blogs it would be a pain in the ass to delete them all one by one... so it wasn't baked into the original code which is probably why it acts weird.

Well, I'll take the weird as a program oversight in "refresh stat" - haven't coded since the late 80's. Text RTS game with a port for LAN, Tandy Basic and Apple II gen langs. Bloody primitive things. Used to be able to record, over air FM radio... programs via cassettte. Like recording an phone modem, only way slower. Errors were murder to debug.

BBS Signature