00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Project Zomboid

2,189 Views | 12 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Project Zomboid 2011-11-05 19:37:32

Project Zomboid is a survival horror RPG that was recently released by The Indie Stone. Project Zomboid is somewhat of a mix between Urbandead and a real-time fallout 1. In the game you can fight zombies, barricades bases, interact with survivors and craft items. The game cost about 9$ and is definitely worth checking out.

also google it for the link you lazy asses.

Response to Project Zomboid 2011-11-05 19:57:16

DUDE A ZOMBIE GAME! How original and innovating!

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature

Response to Project Zomboid 2011-11-05 20:17:37

At 11/5/11 07:57 PM, POTaTOS wrote: DUDE A ZOMBIE GAME! How original and innovating!

it's not just killing zombies. you have to survive dehydration, starvation, depression, other npcs, and of course the zombies. lots of shit bro

Response to Project Zomboid 2011-11-05 20:24:40

Tried the demo. It's still pretty raw, but what could I expect from an Alpha.

I really like the idea, this looks like an ideal survival zombie rpg, if you aren't picky about graphics. Fallout 1 & 2 fans will die from happiness

I'll keep an eye on this game.

Response to Project Zomboid 2011-11-05 20:26:41

hmm The fact it's not basing itself on the main characters having a immunity to the zombie infection like some of the other popular is the least interesting... It seems more realistic.

Response to Project Zomboid 2011-11-05 20:55:37

At 11/5/11 07:57 PM, POTaTOS wrote: DUDE A ZOMBIE GAME! How original and innovating!

Dude, its not JUST a zombie game, its a INDIE ZOMBIE GAME
So you KNOW its good!

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature

Response to Project Zomboid 2011-11-05 21:02:32

At 11/5/11 08:55 PM, EtchASketchClock wrote:
Dude, its not JUST a zombie game, its a INDIE ZOMBIE GAME
So you KNOW its good!

I love you, man

Response to Project Zomboid 2011-11-06 01:15:05

I have sunk entire days on this damn game. It's wonderful.

Response to Project Zomboid 2011-11-06 02:07:46

Yeah, it's pretty good. But Indie Stone has incredibly bad luck.

Car bombs, AND being burgled? Damn.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Project Zomboid 2011-11-06 02:17:52

At 11/6/11 02:07 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Yeah, it's pretty good. But Indie Stone has incredibly bad luck.

Yeah it's really a shame. I bought this game a couple of months back, around June and havent played it in a while. I'm just waiting for them to regain the progress they lost and released the next update now. It's probably the most "true' zombie game in development right now, and honestly if it was in first person, and in 3D it would be the perfect zombie game.

It's a shame that also on top of those things, they have gotten a ton of flak from the community. Did any of you guys see his drunken twitter rant?

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature

Response to Project Zomboid 2011-11-12 11:37:51

At 11/6/11 02:17 AM, Viri wrote:
At 11/6/11 02:07 AM, phrozonfire wrote: Yeah, it's pretty good. But Indie Stone has incredibly bad luck.

Yeah it's really a shame. I bought this game a couple of months back, around June and havent played it in a while. I'm just waiting for them to regain the progress they lost and released the next update now. It's probably the most "true' zombie game in development right now, and honestly if it was in first person, and in 3D it would be the perfect zombie game.

It's a shame that also on top of those things, they have gotten a ton of flak from the community. Did any of you guys see his drunken twitter rant?

Yeah. I bought the game yesterday, the full version is great with character creation.

also I bumped this since it's a great game and deserves a thread.

Response to Project Zomboid 2012-09-30 15:30:20

Thought I'd revive this topic, instead of creating a new one. This is a really great game and it has great promise. It now has pre-rendered 3D graphics (they're still sprites in the game) which also seems really cool.

Response to Project Zomboid 2012-09-30 16:16:23

At 9/30/12 03:47 PM, Entice wrote:
How many fucking zombie RPGs have you heard of?

All of the zombie games up until now have been in the shooter genres.

Very agreed. I believe there are going to be different game modes and multiplayer too. More stories, maybe different maps and all that awesome stuff.