Kids getting high off cough syrup..

• 44 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:14:23 Reply

TL;DR Two pretty normal kids I know downed two bottles of delysm and I want to know why anybody would think this is a good idea

Okay so recently I had two friends of mine get into trouble after they both drank two bottles of Delysm cough syrup because they heard "it totally trip them out" (No they are not the brightest of my friends)
They stole it from walmart and then just drank it from the bottle, when one didn't work they drank two. And then started freaking out and coughing up blood...one of the kids freaked out went home and told his parents he wanted to go to the hospital. They're both not aloud out until the end of this summer.
So being their friend I had to know why they would do such a fucking stupid thing and I found out that a lot of kids around my age (13-17) do this shit like its no big deal. They saw videos of kids doing it on youtube and thought it would be...fun?
I for one am aware that this shit is some of the stupidest things you can do. I don't even like taking cough medicine for my throat because its bad for you. I knew kids did it but I didn't think it was a popular way to get high...so I went to youtube to find out and yes you can find 14 year olds drinking bottles of cough syrup and talking about it on youtube...

what the fuck is this shit?!

killerrob
killerrob
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:18:58 Reply

Kids are kids. They do stupid stuff. It's like a dog barking.

Tox isn't allowed to come or I'm not going-Suprememessage

BBS Signature
Yert
Yert
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:20:22 Reply

dxm is a legit drug and just because its otc doesnt make it any less "hhhhrrrrrrealll bro0"

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:23:27 Reply

You can get prescription cough syrup that contains codeine, which is a painkiller. If you consume a lot of this cough syrup it will get you buzzed. People in the hip hop community create a drink known as Purple Drank which contains codeine cough syrup. This is probably where these kids got the idea from, but if the OTC syrup didn't contain codeine it might just make them feel a bit dizzy for a while before making them vomit.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:24:18 Reply

ROBOTRIP EVERYDAY.

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:24:34 Reply

I've done DXM before, and I'll tell you, it was fucking great. 2 bottles of Robitusssin, a gram of bud from the bong, and I was the highest I've ever been. I was so fucking dissociated that I could barely walk at all, since I couldn't even feel my body. At one point, I seriously felt like I was falling into a vortex. This insanity lasted for about 5 hours, but I still felt fucking high the entire next day.

why would anyone think this is a good idea?

Because it's not just a good idea, it's a fantastic idea. I highly recommend doing it at least one.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:29:33 Reply

Oh, forgot to add, those people probably bought the wrong kind of cough syrup. If dextromethorphan isn't the only active ingredient, it can actually be dangerous to trip on it. DXM alone rarely results in hospital visits, unless mixed with MDMA or SSRIs.

BBS Signature
SuperSilver123
SuperSilver123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:29:53 Reply

That's nothing. I swallow LSD, lick marijuana, and smoke ecstacy.

Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:34:46 Reply

At 11/3/11 05:23 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: You can get prescription cough syrup that contains codeine, which is a painkiller. If you consume a lot of this cough syrup it will get you buzzed. People in the hip hop community create a drink known as Purple Drank which contains codeine cough syrup. This is probably where these kids got the idea from, but if the OTC syrup didn't contain codeine it might just make them feel a bit dizzy for a while before making them vomit.

Nope, the kids have the right idea. DXM can be a powerful dissociative at high doses. Trust me, OTC cough syrup gets you MILES more fucked up than shitty codeine.

BBS Signature
polles
polles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:35:20 Reply

My friend once talked me into smoking ibuprofen...

BBS Signature
Sabotage
Sabotage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:38:26 Reply

It's rather good stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=JKqV _ybCS-I

Why is it that a man can't hold another man's scrotum in the palm of his hand (as an act of friendship) without risking being called a member of the homosexual community?

BBS Signature
toastburner
toastburner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 17:48:03 Reply

At 11/3/11 05:29 PM, SuperSilver123 wrote: That's nothing. I swallow LSD, lick marijuana, and smoke ecstacy.

I know you're joking but i always swallow my tabs of LSD. I don't get why some people don't, it wastes a lot of it.

Lorkas
Lorkas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 18:44:06 Reply

You never truly experience childhood if you keep thinking rationally.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12
NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 19:03:43 Reply

Tripping on cough syrup lowers your IQ irreversibly each time you hit.

The more you know.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Struggle
Struggle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 19:29:07 Reply

because you get high. kids can buy cough syrup. kids like to get high. kids buy cough syrup.

purple drank

BBS Signature
Stigmatama
Stigmatama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 19:33:40 Reply

Quite a common misconception that drinking cough syrup is at all low or desperate. I know several people who drink it somewhat regularly, but it isn't quite as juvenile as it seems.

I suggest, if you are skeptical at all, that you look into DXM. It isn't much different than many other drugs.

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 20:38:00 Reply

At 11/3/11 07:03 PM, Danopus wrote: Tripping on cough syrup lowers your IQ irreversibly each time you hit.

The more you know.

Do you have any idea how stupid that myth is? Do even know what IQ is, or why the notion that a legal drug , or any drug for that matter, causes irreversible brain damage (assuming you meant brain damage, since IQ is an arbitrary number that doesn't go up and down) is absolutely retarded?

BBS Signature
Ridgericer
Ridgericer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 20:40:35 Reply

Wait, if you could get high and go to the hospital from cough syrup wouldn't that make it illegal? Why would they sell it if they knew it could do that? Also I've only been high once and ity was a complete accident.I was a kindergartener and some other kid thought it would be funny to pick up bits of dog shit and throw it at us so we had to put on hand sanitizer, I sniffed the hand sanitizer deeply and out of random just shouted "MM SMELLS LIKE LEMONS!" and kept on trying to hug random kids for about an hour and I think I shoved a plastic nickel down the sink, teacher told me to wash my eyes cause she thought I was crying but after that I got better. Stupid shit anyways.Also I remember about 2 years ago this kid snorted hand sanitizer during passing period and had to go to the hospital for about 2 days. Yeah some of my friends can be stupid at times.

Hondas,Hookers,HKS motorsports and Hard yiffing, it's all good | I love AE86's!! |formerly towellyfan | Herro Roo makes the best yiff known to civilization

BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 20:43:20 Reply

I won't try it. Just because cough syrup tastes fucking bitter and nasty. I'm open to most ideas, but i stay away from that stuff unless im really sick.

Ridgericer
Ridgericer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 20:45:33 Reply

At 11/3/11 08:43 PM, Zippy-MyMusic wrote: I won't try it. Just because cough syrup tastes fucking bitter and nasty. I'm open to most ideas, but i stay away from that stuff unless im really sick.

Hell, I avoid it even when I am fucking sick. I mean seriously what kind of retard actually likes the taste of cough syrup??

Hondas,Hookers,HKS motorsports and Hard yiffing, it's all good | I love AE86's!! |formerly towellyfan | Herro Roo makes the best yiff known to civilization

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 20:58:15 Reply

At 11/3/11 05:35 PM, polles wrote: My friend once talked me into smoking ibuprofen...

what

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
Stretchysumo
Stretchysumo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 20:59:37 Reply

At 11/3/11 08:40 PM, Ridgericer wrote: Wait, if you could get high and go to the hospital from cough syrup wouldn't that make it illegal? Why would they sell it if they knew it could do that? Also I've only been high once and ity was a complete accident.I was a kindergartener and some other kid thought it would be funny to pick up bits of dog shit and throw it at us so we had to put on hand sanitizer, I sniffed the hand sanitizer deeply and out of random just shouted "MM SMELLS LIKE LEMONS!" and kept on trying to hug random kids for about an hour and I think I shoved a plastic nickel down the sink, teacher told me to wash my eyes cause she thought I was crying but after that I got better. Stupid shit anyways.Also I remember about 2 years ago this kid snorted hand sanitizer during passing period and had to go to the hospital for about 2 days. Yeah some of my friends can be stupid at times.

Hate to break it to you, but sniffing hand sanitizer doesn't get you high, and even if it did, the effects of inhalants last minutes, not anywhere near an hour. So yeah, you haven't really been high yet. Also, FYI there's plenty of legal drugs that get you high. A few examples would be diphenhydramine (benadryl/unisom), san pedro cactus (contains mescaline), benzedrex inhalers, nitrous oxide, and let's not forget the vast market of research chemicals. Wanna get legitimately high legally? You really do have a lot of options.

BBS Signature
Piggler
Piggler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Artist
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 21:00:43 Reply

Snort pills like normal children.

BBS Signature
Asperchu
Asperchu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-03 21:04:14 Reply

Real ghetto ass nigs fucking smoke weed

Loiarlyritpyat
Loiarlyritpyat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-04 08:45:14 Reply

At 11/3/11 05:48 PM, toastburner wrote: I know you're joking but i always swallow my tabs of LSD. I don't get why some people don't, it wastes a lot of it.

Maybe after letting sublingually absorb in the blood vessels below your tongue for a while. But you're full of shit so who cares.

Shady
Shady
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-04 08:52:08 Reply

I find it hilarious that DXM, the most toxic mediicay used dissociative above even PCP, is used as a substitute by kids who just want to have a trip more like the 100% harmless classic psychedelics LSD, DMT, and Mescaline.

Loiarlyritpyat
Loiarlyritpyat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-04 08:56:17 Reply

It is below PCP and mescaline causes tachycardia and high blood pressure for over 20 hours.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-04 09:35:56 Reply

At 11/4/11 08:52 AM, Nein wrote: I find it hilarious that DXM, the most toxic mediicay used dissociative above even PCP, is used as a substitute by kids who just want to have a trip more like the 100% harmless classic psychedelics LSD, DMT, and Mescaline.

Yeah it's almost as if cough syrup is infinitely easier to obtain for most youths.

Shady
Shady
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-04 09:40:37 Reply

At 11/4/11 09:35 AM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 11/4/11 08:52 AM, Nein wrote: I find it hilarious that DXM, the most toxic mediicay used dissociative above even PCP, is used as a substitute by kids who just want to have a trip more like the 100% harmless classic psychedelics LSD, DMT, and Mescaline.
Yeah it's almost as if cough syrup is infinitely easier to obtain for most youths.

That's why it's funny asshole. Oh, and tachycardia and all that isn't toxic.. I'm pretty sure proportional doses of DXM are more toxic, I've read it before. S'all good, just stick with that Ketamine dawwwwg

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to Kids getting high off cough syrup.. 2011-11-04 09:45:15 Reply

At 11/4/11 09:40 AM, Nein wrote: That's why it's funny asshole.

Oh, I agree, it's hilarious.