WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 10:13 PM Reply

sawnick is ghey

Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 10:22 PM Reply

At 11/3/11 07:37 AM, Bryan wrote: I only don't like them when they go making really shitty slash fics and Rule 34.

But really, when are they doing any but making really shitty sprite flashes and rule 34?

Cootie
Cootie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 10:31 PM Reply

Sonic hasn't been good since SEGA stopped making consoles. They must like the character for something other than his games these days. Probably some quasi-furry shenanigans.

For I am and forever shall be... a master ruseman.

BBS Signature
Rahmemhotep
Rahmemhotep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Melancholy
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 10:39 PM Reply

Dude, what the hell? Leave them alone, they've got something they like and that's cool.

My sig is clickable and takes you some place.
Best Thread Ever

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 11:28 PM Reply

I saw the first Sonic commercial when I was 7.

I also watched the first and second cartoon series.

hypersonaw
hypersonaw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At 11/3/11 07:02 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: I met some really strange people both in real life and the internet that just swoon over Sonic the Hedgehog. You might refer to these individuals as "Sonic Fanboys/Fangirls". People who draw Sonic fanart and make their own Mary Sues about Sonic. And what's creepier is that a lot of them are 15 to 30.

So why? I ask. Isn't Sonic a character for children? Like seriously.

no...i belive that sonic the hedgehog is for kids and adults...i am a sonic fan myself...people may find this wierd but i find this normal some people like sonic because he is cunning smooth fast and his name is awesome...(: and i believe it is thier choice to like sonic or not...and to me...sonic is awesome

. and stop slamming sonic and stuff...its annoying and stupid.....

Drake
Drake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:03 PM Reply

Sonic has good food.

Obligatory off-topic post about something with a related name.
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 11/3/11 10:18 AM, Neoncouch wrote: It's okay to be a Sonic Fan if you like/prefer the classic Sonic. If you like the modern Sonic then there's no hope for you.

Yeah then you'll qualify as an old- fart nostalgia whore who can't accept change. Whats wrong with liking both? This is one of the reasons why my fan base is so..... fucking retarded!

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:12 PM Reply

At 11/3/11 07:13 AM, psychicpebble wrote:
My point is people are overly obsessive over fucking retarded shit

really now, give me any fanbase that isnt obsessed over retarded shit? I doubt you will find any.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:15 PM Reply

At 7 minutes ago, ScaryPicnic wrote:
At 59 seconds ago, II2none wrote: Yeah then you'll qualify as an old- fart nostalgia whore who can't accept change. Whats wrong with liking both? This is one of the reasons why my fan base is so..... fucking retarded!
neither the modern sonic or retro sonic are that good.

Game wise, character wise, or what?

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr

BBS Signature
bongboy69
bongboy69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Filmmaker
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:28 PM Reply

Maybe because sonic kicks ass and takes names, I can still get blunted and roll through green hill zone and have my emerald to!

he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

I used to be obsessed with Sonic X and heroes. I miss being 8 years old. It was a gay old time.

Nicknicolau
Nicknicolau
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:40 PM Reply

At 11/3/11 07:06 AM, Shmossy wrote:
At 11/3/11 07:02 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: So why? I ask. Isn't Sonic a character for children? Like seriously.
Same goes for those who watch My Little Pony. Grow up please.

OK, I fucking agree with that

Also, Spongebob. That's for kids too.

I still watch, its funny

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0559-7001-0289
I'm from Brazil, don't blame me

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:48 PM Reply

The thing I find with popular kids shows is that they tend to achieve cult status when the children become adults.

I also blame Sonic for the recent furry craze.

bongboy69
bongboy69
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Filmmaker
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:51 PM Reply

At 11/3/11 07:02 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: People who draw Sonic fanart and make their own Mary Sues about Sonic. And what's creepier is that a lot of them are 15 to 30.

So why? I ask. Isn't Sonic a character for children? Like seriously.

I misread this topic's OP, I swear to God that I do not do this nor condone any of it.

he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 05:54 PM Reply

I also blame Sonic for the recent furry craze.

Define recent? If anything Disney started a generation of furries.

QOTW:

BBS Signature
Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:02 PM Reply

At 4 minutes ago, II2none wrote: Define recent? If anything Disney started a generation of furries.

Sonic turned my generation (Generation Y) into a bunch of furries.

Happy now?

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

At 3 minutes ago, Painbringer wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, II2none wrote: Define recent? If anything Disney started a generation of furries.
Sonic turned my generation (Generation Y) into a bunch of furries.

Happy now?

I fall in that Gen Y category, have to agree. but I don't see many fans flaunt it as they're as usual too busy bitching about how they can't play modern sonic games.

QOTW:

BBS Signature
SchnizzleFits
SchnizzleFits
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:11 PM Reply

If you made a "fan character" your not a fan, your obsessed with Sonic, if you liked Sonic Riders/Shadow the Hedgehog/Sonic 06,(or recite Sonic Heroes as your favorite games) your obsessed with Sonic.

I used to be part of this "super awesome"(fail) group when they RP'd in Yahoo Chat rooms, when that shut down they all moved to Deviant Art, look what happened to that website. Everywhere they go stuff just turns to shit. Sonic fans never have any good ideas. They mostly just rip off ideas and make them worse. But because the fan base is so big they support each others bad characters

ApparatusUnearth
ApparatusUnearth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 11/3/11 07:02 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: So why? I ask. Isn't Sonic a character for children? Like seriously.

I get hating on My Little Pony, but Spongebob actually appeals to both kids and adults, it's legitimately funny. The older episodes anyway.

OKLAHOMA CITY BEAT THE GRIZZLIES. TAKE THAT AUSTIN.

PSN ID: ApparatusUnearth

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 40 seconds ago, SchnizzleFits wrote: If you made a "fan character" your not a fan, your obsessed with Sonic, if you liked Sonic Riders/Shadow the Hedgehog/Sonic 06,(or recite Sonic Heroes as your favorite games) your obsessed with Sonic.

I used to be part of this "super awesome"(fail) group when they RP'd in Yahoo Chat rooms, when that shut down they all moved to Deviant Art, look what happened to that website. Everywhere they go stuff just turns to shit. Sonic fans never have any good ideas. They mostly just rip off ideas and make them worse. But because the fan base is so big they support each others bad characters.

Nothing wrong with being obsessed with a franchise. (As long as you don't whore it out for the sake of pissing people off.) Nothing wrong with liking a game majority of others claim to hate. Nothing wrong with making fan characters and sharing them with like minded people, I'm sure many VG fan base has them.

Also deviant art is fine they're as much original artwork posted there as is here. Except NG is stricter and strives for quality not quantity.

QOTW:

BBS Signature
TheMajormel
TheMajormel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Game Developer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:20 PM Reply

At 6 minutes ago, SchnizzleFits wrote: if you liked Sonic Riders/Shadow the Hedgehog/Sonic 06,(or recite Sonic Heroes as your favorite games) your obsessed with Sonic.

Well I like riders (The first one only) and heroes. But that was because of nostalgia. So am I obsessed?

SchnizzleFits
SchnizzleFits
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:31 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, II2none wrote:
Nothing wrong with being obsessed with a franchise. (As long as you don't whore it out for the sake of pissing people off.) Nothing wrong with liking a game majority of others claim to hate. Nothing wrong with making fan characters and sharing them with like minded people, I'm sure many VG fan base has them.

Also deviant art is fine they're as much original artwork posted there as is here. Except NG is stricter and strives for quality not quantity.

your the token Sonic fan I was expecting that has to defend sonic in the most random of moments. For every sonic thread that questions its fan base, there must be at least 1 that ill rise. To make this short, Mario fan characters? super rare. Halo fan characters? Multiplayer. Legend of Zelda fan characters? really? God of War... (based on fan characters compared to Sonic)

You fail to notice what extents people inject their Sonic fan characters into the franchise. It really seems you have no idea whats around you. I'm sorry I can't be fooled by you. Did you not read what I wrote, I was a part of this, I know how it works, for 10 years the people I knew didn't go anywhere. 10 years later, they are still hiding in their shell pretending to be someone else, Someone their not. So please, don't even try on me, your what I expected and your defense is shallow and a basic response to me.

SchnizzleFits
SchnizzleFits
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 9 minutes ago, majormelthesackboy wrote:
At 6 minutes ago, SchnizzleFits wrote: if you liked Sonic Riders/Shadow the Hedgehog/Sonic 06,(or recite Sonic Heroes as your favorite games) your obsessed with Sonic.
Well I like riders (The first one only) and heroes. But that was because of nostalgia. So am I obsessed?

Well I meant the series as a whole, and I consider Heroes passable, just the kids who say they still love it as the best sonic game ever.

LittleWashu
LittleWashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:37 PM Reply

No not really. Those the creator of my little pony as well as spongebob said there shows are for all ages. I grew up with sonic and I like him myself.

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:45 PM Reply

At 2 minutes ago, SchnizzleFits wrote:

Okay drama queen defending the franchise and giving an opinion from another perspective are two different things.

your the token Sonic fan I was expecting that has to defend sonic in the most random of moments. For every sonic thread that questions its fan base, there must be at least 1 that ill rise. To make this short, Mario fan characters? super rare. Halo fan characters? Multiplayer. Legend of Zelda fan characters? really? God of War... (based on fan characters compared to Sonic)

Okay so I'm not aloud to voice my opinion if it's to the aid of Sonic gotchya. Also who cares Like I said if they want to make fanart then let them do it. So what if you see it more from our fansbase (if your still a fan) then any other do you wanna know why? Because the art style is EASY and very kid friendly.

You fail to notice what extents people inject their Sonic fan characters into the franchise. It really seems you have no idea whats around you. I'm sorry I can't be fooled by you. Did you not read what I wrote, I was a part of this, I know how it works, for 10 years the people I knew didn't go anywhere. 10 years later, they are still hiding in their shell pretending to be someone else, Someone their not. So please, don't even try on me, your what I expected and your defense is shallow and a basic response to me.

Okay so pretty much your complaining and being really defensive about me not experiencing what you've experienced. And Acting like I'm some cultist trying to convert you to become some obnoxious fan-boy. Then giving some unclear backstory on how a fanbase scarred you for life or some shit. Please elaborate or get to the point. because I can't take this part seriously.

QOTW:

BBS Signature
SchnizzleFits
SchnizzleFits
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:56 PM Reply

I love how you missed every point, I wasn't making the point of, I'm more experienced in this thing, nope, you failed that twice. I read your profile and you will defend Sonic at any given notice, hold forward to win Street Fighter 4.

Your not worth the time, toot toot Sonic warrior.

GreatPowerfulTrixie
GreatPowerfulTrixie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 06:57 PM Reply

ITT: Fandom bashing

Sig made by the awesome AnonymousOfCali.

BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Why be obsessed about Sonic? Feb. 10th, 2012 @ 07:10 PM Reply

At A few seconds ago, SchnizzleFits wrote: I love how you missed every point, I wasn't making the point of, I'm more experienced in this thing, nope, you failed that twice. I read your profile and you will defend Sonic at any given notice, hold forward to win Street Fighter 4.

Your not worth the time, toot toot Sonic warrior.

Brushes me off as being inexperienced and acts like everything the sonic fan base does is wrong because it's sonic related. Hell of a valid argument.

Then continues failing by trying to find "dirt" on my "fanboyism".

The point of that argument was you don't just hold forward to win in any game, sonic or otherwise.
You don't hold forward to win obviously, but holding forward is important when your opponent won't approach you is it not? So yes holding forward is crucial to being in hit range.

Very, few people on this site have valid reasons towards they're hatred of sonic games and your arguments are no better then the majority here.

QOTW:

BBS Signature