00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

compacting file size? Help?

549 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

compacting file size? Help? 2011-11-02 23:33:29

I want to know how people make such long animations and they have tiny file sizes. I heard someone say that they save the scenes seperately or compact it or something. Especially those of you who do collabs. how do you save each file? Is there a way to condense it before you add your sound or is there another way to save it and compress it further?

Let me know.

Response to compacting file size? Help? 2011-11-03 00:09:26

I think if you are on a PC and you put the file in a compressed zip folder and then upload it to Newgrounds or wherever from inside the folder it is smaller if not then I'm sorry for not helping you.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to compacting file size? Help? 2011-11-05 12:29:44

At 11/3/11 12:09 AM, J-Rex wrote: I think if you are on a PC and you put the file in a compressed zip folder and then upload it to Newgrounds or wherever from inside the folder it is smaller if not then I'm sorry for not helping you.

Can anyone confirm this?

Response to compacting file size? Help? 2011-11-06 23:39:37

At 11/5/11 12:29 PM, Roe-Sharp wrote:
At 11/3/11 12:09 AM, J-Rex wrote: I think if you are on a PC and you put the file in a compressed zip folder and then upload it to Newgrounds or wherever from inside the folder it is smaller if not then I'm sorry for not helping you.
Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried, but I'm doubtful. Usually in zipped folders, everything is locked in or encrypted I believe. It would probably not work or it would have bad quality. I mean that is my guess. It is worth a try though.

Response to compacting file size? Help? 2011-11-07 01:16:37

Does newgrounds approve going over the file size cap if you are known to not post spam? I mean if you post enough good flashes it would be nice to not have that annoying 10mb cap.

Response to compacting file size? Help? 2011-11-08 19:24:06

At 11/7/11 01:16 AM, cbeyer22 wrote: Does newgrounds approve going over the file size cap if you are known to not post spam? I mean if you post enough good flashes it would be nice to not have that annoying 10mb cap.

I don't think so. If you have a project that is over 10, then what people do is they email tom and he allows them to post it. Of course if it isn't some whack animation.