FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:10 AM Reply

HEY EVERYONE OUT THERE IN THE AP COAST

A lil thought popped up in my head just now. You know what I just realized? Support is a MAJOR thing here. People post music expecting support on them. People support other people to help. Supporting people allows them to do better. when people are supported they make new friends. When people make new friends they support those friends. When those friends are supported they make new tracks. When they make new tracks they get more fans who support them. When more people support them they support everyone else.

People support people who support people, automatically.

Why do you think we have a review system? Why do you think we have these awesome forums where audio users can kick it? We have this place here as a community. We have this community to help each other. We help each other by offering support. We review. We vote. We give tips and tricks. We hand out free tutorials.

What I am getting at is everyone should always keep this spirit of support going. Keep listening to music on the audio portal! Discover new gems and write new reviews! Show of hands here... come on raise them high... who hasn't reviewed in a while? I sure haven't I need to get my ass into gear and start offering more support! It's also just the right thing to do. People need help guys, especially the beginners. If you think your a great composer, then help the guys that are just starting to figure out what a sequencer is. Support support support!

So... heres a goal AP. Review at least one track a day. Just one. It takes maybe 5 minutes of your time. Click here. Click a song. Listen. Vote. Review. That review will mean a lot to the guy/girl who submitted the track. If you do this, for one you will be giving support and helping the community become better and better every day, and for two you will slowly start developing a friend base here on the site where people that you have supported will support you as well. It is a great way to get yourself noticed by supporting! It is a great way to help inspire people to become better by supporting!

Newgrounds Audio Portal
Review Request Club
New Songs People Want Noticed
Listen to a Random Newgrounds Song

If you end up finding someone you really like, download their stuff, send them a PM, and give them your gratitude! They worked really hard on it! You will also start to discover really underrated artists. I have discovered some of the most incredible artists on this site... Kingbastard, for example, is an incredible artist that inspired me to keep creating ambient music. I bought all of his albums online, so he got food for a few months cause of me supporting his music. He also helped give me mastering tips on my newest track, and that REALLY helped me a lot.

So go ahead Newgrounds... go out there and support! Thats your goal!

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:16 AM Reply

I give my full support to this supportive post about supporters supporting the people supportively supporting their supporters.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Musician
Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:27 AM Reply

This is a great idea. I won't take part in it because I'm already part of the Review Request Club and one review takes me about half an hour, depending on how long the song is - when I have college I often don't have half an hour to spare everyday.

Also, you guys can always show support by going to the Review Request Club, finding the latest list of requests, and reviewing songs from there with a 'Review Request Club' signature at the end (even if you're not/don't want to be part of the club, you can just review for the club once in a while and specify that you don't want to join). If people request in that club it shows that they sincerely want feedback and criticism, so reviewing there will always help.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54
I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature
Breed
Breed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:44 AM Reply

I agree. A good reminder for me too.

I also wanted to just get a mod chain going.

4 hit Combo!

Echo
Echo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:53 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 06:44 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: 4 hit Combo!

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Oh wait I'm a mod now...dammit...
Cabbster
Cabbster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:04 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 06:53 AM, Echo wrote:
At 11/2/11 06:44 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:

*cough*

[Hell Intensifies]

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:13 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 07:04 AM, Cabbster wrote:
At 11/2/11 06:53 AM, Echo wrote:
At 11/2/11 06:44 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote:
*cough*

Boo.

OT: I like this idea. As long as it doesn't lead to an influx of new users posting topics requesting feedback, and as long as people actually help out, I'm down with this.

Kr1z
Kr1z
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 07:58 AM Reply

That's an excellent idea!
You're awesome, Nick :)
I'll do my best, you're right because I haven't reviewed much lately.

I wish every one would take your advice, but in reality, I'm afraid there'll still be more people sneaking into exposure by simply downvoting others..

DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 10:49 AM Reply

I clicked random, and it took me to the song that's stolen :/

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:26 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 10:49 AM, adsubzero wrote: I clicked random, and it took me to the song that's stolen :/

Wow that's stupid. Don't forget to post it in this thread or PMing the link to me/another audio moderator.

BBS Signature
stratkat
stratkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:18 PM Reply

I send more pm's to artists then reviews, I usually only review if I can think of at least 3 things to say about it. If all I can say is I like it and it's awesome, I just send a pm.

DJDela
DJDela
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 12:26 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 11/2/11 10:49 AM, adsubzero wrote: I clicked random, and it took me to the song that's stolen :/
Wow that's stupid. Don't forget to post it in this thread or PMing the link to me/another audio moderator.

Too late... Unless there is a way to browse my recently listened songs, which I highly doubt.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:37 PM Reply

At 11/2/11 02:33 PM, adsubzero wrote: Too late... Unless there is a way to browse my recently listened songs, which I highly doubt.

Can't you check your internet history?

TMM43
TMM43
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 05:21 PM Reply

There was a system somewhat like this way back in the day. It was to review audio and then you would get a review from the person who reviewed you. It worked for a little then slowly fell through.

I do like your idea. And I haven't revirwed anything in along while. Maybe I'll start to get back into it.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio
Latest Track: Infinity
Need Help? Real Life|Audio

BBS Signature
Troisnyx
Troisnyx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 3rd, 2011 @ 05:50 AM Reply

Agreed. I shall begin when I'm able.

AMDG ✝

NGADM Round 2 Entry: A Night in the Attic

BBS Signature
The-iMortal
The-iMortal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 3rd, 2011 @ 06:07 AM Reply

I like this idea. I did one review through the random submission link already. I'm not going to do any more today though - it's good to keep a consistent, steady pace, rather than go hell for leather for the first few days, and then to be totally over it before the week is over due to overkill.

yes, father iMortal.
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 12:15 PM Reply

Hows it coming along guys? Anyone discover anything new recently? I'm going to listen an review about 5 songs today and look for some gems! Then I'm gonna lost my findings here.

Step
Step
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 01:26 PM Reply

Yeah I think we should totally post a few audio gems that we find while reviewing in this thread. It'll certainly be a good idea because we can share AP music which other people may like and want to review as well.

BBS Signature
FatKidWitAJetPak
FatKidWitAJetPak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 04:39 PM Reply

At 11/4/11 01:26 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Yeah I think we should totally post a few audio gems that we find while reviewing in this thread. It'll certainly be a good idea because we can share AP music which other people may like and want to review as well.

Kind of like the whole "Underdog" thread, but a little bit more involving with the community.

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 04:48 PM Reply

At 11/4/11 04:39 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 11/4/11 01:26 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Yeah I think we should totally post a few audio gems that we find while reviewing in this thread. It'll certainly be a good idea because we can share AP music which other people may like and want to review as well.
Kind of like the whole "Underdog" thread, but a little bit more involving with the community.

The underdog thread is a joke. The majority of people posting there are nominating themselves. Pretty sure that's not how it's supposed to work.

Although I'd be very careful about how you go about this, or this could very quickly turn into an audio dump for people looking to score a few extra reviews.

Audio/BBS Mod
News: I want to write more metal... - Music: The Inevitability - Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
Tydusis
Tydusis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 07:15 PM Reply

Yes! A review a day keeps audio depression at bay.
I would review more, but I don't feel like I could write a meaningful review for something unless I think I could make something on par with it or better as far as overall quality goes. Of course unless there is something blatantly wrong. If I can, I also try to explain what more could be done, if anything more can be. I try to help artists be at least as good as me, which isn't really saying much as I know I still have a lot to figure out. Lots. I mean I just discovered MIDI macros yesterday and the incredible difference between 16- and 32-bit not but last week.

Latest Creation: Wiretapped Wormhole | Website: Tydusis.com | Also, check out this webcomic I like: Inhuman

BBS Signature
Kr1z
Kr1z
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 4th, 2011 @ 07:21 PM Reply

Just left a couple of rather helpful reviews, gonna try to do this on a daily basis :)

Xyresic
Xyresic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 04:26 AM Reply

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I find it funny that this is being hailed as such a revolutionary idea when this is what people should have been doing all along...

bork bork bork

HyperTrough
HyperTrough
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 07:41 AM Reply

Great inspiring post.

Thanks OP :P

lol fuk u

Luxomni
Luxomni
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 10:58 AM Reply

I generally try to review at least once a day.

KKSlider60
KKSlider60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 5th, 2011 @ 12:43 PM Reply

I'll keep that in mind, although I find myself doing audio collabs more than reviewing.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 05:24 PM Reply

What if I review more than one a day?

don't always check the portal since I tend to get some requests in my inbox from time to time

Fun fun fun fun fun!!

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
trabajaba7
trabajaba7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 6th, 2011 @ 09:17 PM Reply

Me gusta this thread! I'll definitely try to start doing one a day, and to make up for lost time ill get a head start today!
(PM me if you want an honest (aka not always going to be a 10 star) review I'll take the first 10!)

Crashing Smashing, Lots of noise all around him, ....
if you are lucky his friends will send for all the king's horses and all the kings men

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to A Goal For Everyone In The Portal! Nov. 7th, 2011 @ 08:43 AM Reply

At 11/6/11 09:17 PM, trabajaba7 wrote: Me gusta this thread! I'll definitely try to start doing one a day, and to make up for lost time ill get a head start today!
(PM me if you want an honest (aka not always going to be a 10 star) review I'll take the first 10!)

I actually rarely give things a 10 anymore. Mostly because it's so overused and usually accompanied by a one liner most of the time. Still going to try doing some more audio reviews than usual for this week as well. Will try to check the audio advertisement thread a couple of times as well too.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature