New Topic Respond to this Topic
trabajaba7
trabajaba7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Fun Suggestions for Project Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:31 AM Reply

Ok so for my one class I have to make an electronic version of Penn State's fight song "Fight On State" and I'm definitely going the dubstep route in this. So, yes, this is extremely vague, but do you guys have any good suggestions for ideas on this.

Also side note, I have FL 10, what plug-ins should I get, I have a few other than the defaults, but I don't really know whats out there so if you could give suggestions for that too, and links, thatd be fantstic

Thanks for the help!

Crashing Smashing, Lots of noise all around him, ....
if you are lucky his friends will send for all the king's horses and all the kings men

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Fun Suggestions for Project Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:43 AM Reply

A good place to start might be linking us to the Penn State fight song. I don't know about the other forum regulars, but I personally have never heard it before.

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Fun Suggestions for Project Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:44 AM Reply

Secondly, for dubstep, Native Instruments' Massive and FM8 are probably the two most useful and versatile synths you'll need to start your collection. Heck, once you get familiar enough with them, you might not even want to use any other electronica synths.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Fun Suggestions for Project Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:52 AM Reply

Here is the most accurate version I could find on Youtube. A lot of state colleges have their own Fight Song. for their respective football teams. They're designed to mostly be easily sung by the audience, so a majority of them have a pretty similar song structure and a tight melodic range, in order to allow as many people as possible to sing along.

I'm surprised you've never heard of Fight Songs...

Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Fun Suggestions for Project Nov. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 11/2/11 12:52 AM, brokendeck wrote: I'm surprised you've never heard of Fight Songs...

Oh, I've heard fight songs before, trust me... when it's football season, I'm guaranteed to hear "Fly, Eagles, Fly" at least four or five times in a day.

Fly, Eagles, Fly
Score a touchdown, 1, 2, 3,
Hit 'em low, hit em high
And watch our eagles fly
Fly, eagles, fly
On the road to victory
E - A - G - L - E - S
Eagles!*

*I see "No Child Left Behind" has been working splendidly.