New Topic Respond to this Topic
joeEFFINGmayo
joeEFFINGmayo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-10-31 07:57:36 Reply

I figure I aught to get this done sooner than later, but considering that it's before 7AM on a Monday, I'm not expecting many replies.

Anyway, I'll introduce myself. I am joeEFFINGmayo, I run an unsigned music blog and people actually check it out. Enough about me, let's get to you! I'm always trying to find hot new bands and stuff. Well, I'm having little luck finding worthwhile music acts and I was hoping maybe some of you fine fellows have something sexy and different to present?

Unfortunately, the opportunity is limited to those of you in North America (excluding Mexico) and music artists that actually play shows and have something to show for it. I'm not looking for basement techno projects or anything electronica-like. I want live instruments and real bands/artists.

The blog's general audience seems to enjoy metal, hardcore, post-hardcore, rock, indie, and alternative. So any of those genres or something similar would be ideal. I'm not saying I won't consider any odd genres, but I'll have to REALLY like your polka rock band, you know?

So, yeah. Lemme know if this is something some of you guys are interested in.

Oh, and another thing. i work for a radio show in New Jersey, and the more impressive bands tend to end up with a radio interview. Wink, wink.

Looking For Serious Bands.

MOFOin' Music Blogger! Uncharted Music News Unsigned Bands/Musicians of the world, contact me! - joeEFFINGmayo

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-10-31 16:50:30 Reply

At 10/31/11 07:57 AM, joeEFFINGmayo wrote: Unfortunately, the opportunity is limited to those of you in North America (excluding Mexico)

Reasonable... but limiting.

and music artists that actually play shows and have something to show for it.

Eep... There goes 3/4 of the site.

I'm not looking for basement techno projects or anything electronica-like. I want live instruments and real bands/artists.

Welp... You effectively eliminated about 95% of the site at this point.

The blog's general audience seems to enjoy metal, hardcore, post-hardcore, rock, indie, and alternative. So any of those genres or something similar would be ideal.

Make that 98%.

So, yeah. Lemme know if this is something some of you guys are interested in.

Well, I can't play live (Well, I probably could with my loop pedal, but it'd be kind of an underwhelming performance), because I'm a one man band... but I'll leave this here anyways:

• -Stay Thy Hand-
    -Stay Thy Hand- by Back-From-Purgatory

Click to listen.

Score
    4.35 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity

Audio/BBS Mod
News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira
\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature
DreamsfromGin
DreamsfromGin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-10-31 18:47:27 Reply

We are an alternative rock band called dreams from gin.

Here is a music video for one of our singles:

• Typewriter
    Typewriter by SamuriFerret

Click to view.

Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Everyone

We play live. We have opened for larger acts such as Local H and grammy nominated Chris Trapper. We have been featured in PS3 Game beat hazard ultra.

We would love to help out with your blog and would appreciate any help we can get. Let us know! Thanks!

Looking For Serious Bands.

s

joeEFFINGmayo
joeEFFINGmayo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-10-31 19:30:17 Reply

At 10/31/11 04:50 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Welp... You effectively eliminated about 95% of the site at this point.

I realize that Newgrounds isn't exactly overflowing with bands, but I figure it was worth checking. I've come across a few bands over the years on Newgrounds (I've visited the site since about the 7th grade) and thought it'd be a nice place to find bands that other sources haven't discovered yet.

BTW, I really liked that instrumental, do you have some sort of EP or something? An album even? I can excuse the lack of live performances for something that sweet.

MOFOin' Music Blogger! Uncharted Music News Unsigned Bands/Musicians of the world, contact me! - joeEFFINGmayo

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-10-31 19:41:23 Reply

At 10/31/11 07:30 PM, joeEFFINGmayo wrote:
At 10/31/11 04:50 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: Welp... You effectively eliminated about 95% of the site at this point.
I realize that Newgrounds isn't exactly overflowing with bands, but I figure it was worth checking. I've come across a few bands over the years on Newgrounds (I've visited the site since about the 7th grade) and thought it'd be a nice place to find bands that other sources haven't discovered yet.

Of course, I'm not saying there aren't any here... but they are (very) few and far between.

BTW, I really liked that instrumental, do you have some sort of EP or something? An album even? I can excuse the lack of live performances for something that sweet.

Not yet, I have been working on a few different albums over the past few years though (To elaborate, "a few different albums" because I have a tendency to write a wide range of genres of music).
I'm hoping to have one finished and out in the next year or so, and it will likely be a metal album before anything else. "A Taste Of..." (The finished version of it anyways) will likely be on the album as well, as it is my most popular song, can find it on my profile, I won't link to it here as to avoid whoring myself out too much. But feel free to check it out as well as anything else on my profile should you be interested. I do have a fair bit of metal on my profile.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-10-31 20:02:29 Reply

does my band count

joeEFFINGmayo
joeEFFINGmayo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-10-31 21:10:27 Reply

At 10/31/11 07:41 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I do have a fair bit of metal on my profile.

I'll check it out. Maybe once you get your album done, I'll get you up on the blog!

joeEFFINGmayo
joeEFFINGmayo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-10-31 21:11:59 Reply

At 10/31/11 08:02 PM, Bjra wrote: does my band count

No recordings?

Back-From-Purgatory
Back-From-Purgatory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Musician
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-10-31 21:22:49 Reply

At 10/31/11 09:10 PM, joeEFFINGmayo wrote:
At 10/31/11 07:41 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I do have a fair bit of metal on my profile.
I'll check it out. Maybe once you get your album done, I'll get you up on the blog!

Sounds good, I'll let you know when it's done... No promises that it'll be right away though.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature
Krank
Krank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-10-31 21:26:34 Reply

At 10/31/11 09:11 PM, joeEFFINGmayo wrote:
At 10/31/11 08:02 PM, Bjra wrote: does my band count
No recordings?

nope we haven't been recorded yet. we are strictly live while we are getting tight right now, but we have a roster of 10 original songs

joeEFFINGmayo
joeEFFINGmayo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-11-03 02:37:12 Reply

So that's it for the band then? Hmm, it was worth a shot.

HighBallers
HighBallers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-11-03 03:10:23 Reply

• Blinded - Metal collab
    Blinded - Metal collab by satanicpotatoe

Click to listen.

Score
    4.39 / 5.00
    Type
    Song
    Genre
    Heavy Metal
    Popularity

If your looking for a metal band, me and my buddy satanicpotatoe have been workin on a bunch of collaborations together. Its like a goth/thrash/black metal type of sound. Maybe its something your looking for.

trabajaba7
trabajaba7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-11-03 12:05:59 Reply

Hey let me know what you think of my band, we have mildly decent range of songs so check out a couple before you make your judgment, but I hope you like it!
I'd recommend Let Me See Your Face first, and then any besides All the King's Men because that one is a lower quality recording
Thanks for listening if you do!

Crashing Smashing, Lots of noise all around him, ....
if you are lucky his friends will send for all the king's horses and all the kings men

joeEFFINGmayo
joeEFFINGmayo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-11-04 14:36:57 Reply

At 11/3/11 03:10 AM, HighBallers wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/4 41439
If your looking for a metal band, me and my buddy satanicpotatoe have been workin on a bunch of collaborations together. Its like a goth/thrash/black metal type of sound. Maybe its something your looking for.

Do you guys ever play live? It's a bit important that the bands have recorded music as well as play live! (With few exceptions)

trabajaba7
trabajaba7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-11-04 15:46:10 Reply

We play live all the time, the one song Carousel Horse is a live recording at The Altar Bar, and it was a Western PA battle of the bands that we won!
We have shows with Punchline, Yves Jean, and The Supervillains coming up and there hasnt been a month where we havent played at least 3 shows in a long time.
You can search youtube and see some of our live videos, obviously the more recent it is the better it will be.
I'm glad you liked it!

Crashing Smashing, Lots of noise all around him, ....
if you are lucky his friends will send for all the king's horses and all the kings men

HighBallers
HighBallers
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Musician
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-11-04 15:57:13 Reply

At 11/4/11 02:36 PM, joeEFFINGmayo wrote:
At 11/3/11 03:10 AM, HighBallers wrote:
Do you guys ever play live? It's a bit important that the bands have recorded music as well as play live! (With few exceptions)

lol....we're just an online project. Wish we could play our songs live....but we live in completely different states and whatnot. sorrry buddy. Newgrounds is more of a site for individual artists....not really a great breeding ground for legit bands.

Bad-Man-Incorporated
Bad-Man-Incorporated
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Musician
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-11-05 23:13:32 Reply

I have a real heavy rock band, (outside of my own metal projects)and we rule, live. Where do we sign up?

BBS Signature
satanicpotatoe
satanicpotatoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-11-07 22:23:03 Reply

Hi!

I'm in a band called Daedalean Complex

Here is our official video ;
Daedalean Complex - Sacred desire (official video)

You can contact our manager through the official website ;
www.daedaleancomplex.com

BBS Signature
Jakspeed
Jakspeed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Looking For Serious Bands. 2011-11-08 11:33:31 Reply

My friend's band has a good solid rock sound, and is actually gaining a pretty good fan base around here, and have made it onto a couple local rock stations. Which is impressive considering I live in Western Massachusetts, which is the home of Metal.

Various Green

Alternative Country/Folk, take a listen!

I do my own music, I'd appreciate it if y'all would take a listen, you never know what you might hear.