Be a Supporter!
djack
djack
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 12:32 AM Reply

No official release date but it has been implied that the launch might be in the Fall of 2013 or at least in time for the holidays that year as well as being unveiled at E3 of 2013 instead of 2012. I have four questions for your speculation.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about the name Xbox 720 (mostly idiots that don't know basic geometry) so what do you guys think of it and the proposed alternative of Xbox Next?

AMD is working on the hardware of the 720 and has made claims to what its capabilities will be, what are your predictions for the 720?

What games would you like to see released with the 720?

Do you think Sony will succeed with their bold claim of releasing the PS4 before the 720 is released and if they do will it hinder the quality of the games?

berthon
berthon
  • Member since: Feb. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 12:37 AM Reply

People complain about calling it the xbox 720 because it should be the xbox 420. ; ) because let's face it, only stoners still play xbox. Stoners and 13 year olds.

Xbox 720


BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Member since: Jan. 7, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Musician
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 12:58 AM Reply

Doubtful. Microsoft and Sony don't have any plans for a next-gen console. They're already at the top and they don't need to go further unless the WiiU gets high sales.


[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Kackorot
Kackorot
  • Member since: Oct. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 01:30 AM Reply

I think the current hardware they are using still has yet to see its full potential, they should focus on getting rights to fairly unused property with potential. I bet Microsoft studios could make an awesome "Star fox 360"


The Official Newgrounds Flamewar Adversary System: Stay safe, stay informed!
Xbox live has stolen 33,723 pieces of my soul, GamerTag: RipTideRex

BBS Signature
xports
xports
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Gamer
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 01:39 AM Reply

At 10/28/11 12:32 AM, djack wrote: No official release date but it has been implied that the launch might be in the Fall of 2013 or at least in time for the holidays that year as well as being unveiled at E3 of 2013 instead of 2012.

Got any links? The only thing I've seen about a new Xbox was that fake advertisement in that shitty movie with Hugh Jackman.


Now with 100% more Steam! lI Minecraft you say? 63.246.149.6 II XBL: WorseThanMonday II

BBS Signature
Love
Love
  • Member since: May. 26, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 01:41 AM Reply

Consoles are a generation behind.


BBS Signature
Sepultura123
Sepultura123
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 02:24 AM Reply

At 10/28/11 12:37 AM, berthon wrote: People complain about calling it the xbox 720 because it should be the xbox 420. ; ) because let's face it, only stoners still play xbox. Stoners and 13 year olds.

What do you have against stoner , your a fucking moron...

Xbox 360 is still cool to play at the same levels of a PS3 but I think its been long since we didnt have a new console.

I think the Xbox 720 will release way sooner then the 720 , if you look at tit the ps3 released later then the Xbox 360 and Playstation always have the tricks to release new games even if the new console is availlable ... SO GOOD TIMES FOR NEXT YEARS FOR MY XBOX 360 (and for PS3)


-

BBS Signature
Sepultura123
Sepultura123
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 02:25 AM Reply

At 10/28/11 01:41 AM, Hybridization wrote: Consoles are a generation behind.

Your surely a computer gamers who doesnt have a fucking games to play because they release like 3 good games in a years


-

BBS Signature
DJVI
DJVI
  • Member since: Jan. 4, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Musician
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 03:51 AM Reply

And after xbox 720 it's going to be xbox 1440? :p And someday it's like xbox 23040


Newest song: Rippers

CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Member since: Jan. 3, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Writer
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 03:54 AM Reply

Their is no logic behind getting a "Xbox 720" or whatever the next generation of the xbox is considering the continuing success of the 360. The 360 is capable of far more as can be seen when you look at games like Rage or BF3.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 04:26 AM Reply

I seriously doubt they'll call the Nextbox a Xbox 720 - The 360 was called that because they turned it around completely. And Xbox 2 was lame and a bit behind the times.

andy70707
andy70707
  • Member since: Sep. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Game Developer
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 08:38 AM Reply

It's not going to be called the 720. That's just stupid. You can't just double the number to get the next generation. Microsoft have already announced the next gen xbox will be more about live services and streaming with a name like livebox or just xbox live.


My websites: MayesMods | FireStorm | I'm also on almost every other website in existence, mostly under the username: andy70707 (youtube: brainiac777, eBay: 10andy70707).

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 09:01 AM Reply

I love my Xbox 360 - despite the occasional RRoD and the toddlers playing Halo on Live - and by the time the next generation comes out, I expect that what the higher-end PC's are running today will be affordable enough to use in a console...

Even if Sony brings out the PS4 before Microsoft's next console, I personally don't think that many Xbox fans are going to switch just because it releases sooner.

Sepultura123
Sepultura123
  • Member since: Jan. 29, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 10/28/11 08:38 AM, andy70707 wrote: It's not going to be called the 720. That's just stupid. You can't just double the number to get the next generation. Microsoft have already announced the next gen xbox will be more about live services and streaming with a name like livebox or just xbox live.

Oh my god , MY WORST FUCKING NIGHTMARE....
The day that console doesnt exist anymore and everything , every games is on the internet in like a Xbox live or a Playstation Network...

EVRYONE THAT THING LIKE THAT.... just go kill yourself before you kill the whole videogames scenes... I dont care if it get more money it just plain suck to just download random games on the internet...

I played a lot of Playstation Network games lately and I find it quite all thrash...
Theyre better games with better graphics are on newgrounds why pay 5 to 10 $ for a shitty mini little games when you can play ABLUTELY FREE on the internet with better games ?


-

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Member since: Aug. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 04:17 PM Reply

Is it really going to be called xbox 720?

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 04:19 PM Reply

So they're really making it.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I thought that was nothing more than a joke.


BBS Signature
II2none
II2none
  • Member since: Jul. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 10/28/11 12:37 AM, berthon wrote: People complain about calling it the xbox 720 because it should be the xbox 420. ; ) because let's face it, only stoners still play xbox. Stoners and 13 year olds.

The same can be said for all consoles. Anyway as far as the name goes it's obviously suppose to be 720 because 360 X2 =720.


QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Member since: Aug. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 10/28/11 04:17 PM, tally1989 wrote: Is it really going to be called xbox 720?

It doesn't seem like it will but most people are already referring to it as the xbox 720 since there hasn't been an official statement about what the name will actually be. So far I've heard livebox and xbox next as possible alternatives.

At 10/28/11 04:19 PM, Chdonga wrote: So they're really making it.
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I thought that was nothing more than a joke.

You thought that it would be a joke to make the next generation of consoles and release them 8 years after the previous gen came out?

Rampant
Rampant
  • Member since: Jan. 22, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Musician
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 06:47 PM Reply

Personally, I'd like to see a bacon dispenser added to the Xbox. I mean, seriously, why hasn't anyone thought of it before!? You'd be able to get fresh-cooked crispy bacon without even leaving your gaming chair!

Love
Love
  • Member since: May. 26, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 06:52 PM Reply

At 10/28/11 02:25 AM, Sepultura123 wrote:
At 10/28/11 01:41 AM, Hybridization wrote: Consoles are a generation behind.
Your surely a computer gamers who doesnt have a fucking games to play

Hahaha, okay then!


BBS Signature
CheapTrick
CheapTrick
  • Member since: Mar. 12, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 10/28/11 04:26 AM, Painbringer wrote: I seriously doubt they'll call the Nextbox a Xbox 720 - The 360 was called that because they turned it : around completely. And Xbox 2 was lame and a bit behind the times.

You do know that if you do a 360 degree turn you end up exactly where you were before right?
I'm pretty sure they'll call it Xbox 720.


Putting back fun in funeral.

BBS Signature
Dapper
Dapper
  • Member since: May. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 06:55 PM Reply

Xbox Next is also a stupid name - assuming it's to do with 'the next big thing' or whatever. In ten years when the Xbox 4 comes out, having a last gen console called 'Next' is kind of a joke if you were to look back on it.


YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESY ESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYE SYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

BBS Signature
Love
Love
  • Member since: May. 26, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 07:54 PM Reply

At 10/28/11 06:54 PM, CheapTrick wrote: You do know that if you do a 360 degree turn you end up exactly where you were before right?
I'm pretty sure they'll call it Xbox 720.

You do know that if you do a 720 degree turn you end up exactly where you were before...twice?
Your logic eats itself.


BBS Signature
ZeroWinger
ZeroWinger
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 07:57 PM Reply

The thing i wonder the most is what it's gonna be like when a next-gen console of the xbox franchise would be like.
Since Kinect is hitting the ''sweet spots'' for the younger generation, would that mean it would be fully supported like we have to actually GET UP and MOVE around like idiots, instead of just relaxing in our chair with our controllers.
If things would turn out like this, then i will go full retro for the 360!


Gamers Unite!

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Member since: Nov. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 08:27 PM Reply

Atari was the only console maker in history to double of the previous generation console's number for the new generation model - The Atari 5200 was the successor to the Atari 2600.

You don't seriously think Microsoft would do the same as Atari, do you?

ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate

A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
sqweebel
sqweebel
  • Member since: Aug. 30, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 09:13 PM Reply

Take your time, don't rush a new console, the current ones are still going strong and I think they will for much longer. And anyways, how much better can graphics get at this point?

ModernPatriot
ModernPatriot
  • Member since: May. 27, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 10:57 PM Reply

At 10/28/11 09:13 PM, sqweebel wrote: And anyways, how much better can graphics get at this point?

Look up cryengine 3 demos, and unreal 3 demos.


A man once described hell as a place where there is no reason. Thank you, Feminists, for dragging me into hell.

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Member since: Sep. 22, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 10:58 PM Reply

>Click this thread looking to make a 420 joke
>First post is a 420 joke

Xbox 720

ZeroWinger
ZeroWinger
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Gamer
Response to Xbox 720 Oct. 29th, 2011 @ 08:12 AM Reply

At 10/28/11 08:27 PM, Painbringer wrote: Atari was the only console maker in history to double of the previous generation console's number for the new generation model - The Atari 5200 was the successor to the Atari 2600.

You don't seriously think Microsoft would do the same as Atari, do you?

You never know with Microsoft!


Gamers Unite!