New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Best sims 3 expansion pack? 2011-10-27 18:55:02 Reply

So I'm getting an expansion pack today in like maybe 15 minutes, I'm thinking to get latenight if walmart has it. Anyone prefers something else?

BBS Signature
Kittykylie
Kittykylie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Best sims 3 expansion pack? 2011-10-28 15:21:47 Reply

At 10/27/11 06:55 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote: So I'm getting an expansion pack today in like maybe 15 minutes, I'm thinking to get latenight if walmart has it. Anyone prefers something else?

World adventures is good, but nightlifes a good starter. But what ever you do, dont get pets yet until theyve fixed issues. All my CC is messed up and my pets are deformed.

I want to kill everybody in the world!
L O V E L o V e, oh..
I want to eat your heart!

BBS Signature
Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Best sims 3 expansion pack? 2011-10-28 15:56:10 Reply

World adventures is good, but nightlifes a good starter. But what ever you do, dont get pets yet until theyve fixed issues. All my CC is messed up and my pets are deformed.

I'm only 13, and my mom thinking i'm too young for nightlife (clubbing, bar, hottubing)

I got world adventures and have only went to France, yet

BBS Signature
Kittykylie
Kittykylie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Best sims 3 expansion pack? 2011-10-28 16:04:33 Reply

At 10/28/11 03:56 PM, NuclearWarFare wrote:
I'm only 13, and my mom thinking i'm too young for nightlife (clubbing, bar, hottubing)

I got world adventures and have only went to France, yet

I can see where you mum is coming from but theres nothing really too bad about it. Im a mum myself and i let my 5 year old play it. In the bars they only drink juice, no alchol or anything. But if your mum says no, its no.

There is generations and ambitions but in the eyes of people i guess some find it abit too adult for kids and some dont. There is always one of the add one packs like outdoor stuff, fast lane stuff etc. They give you more to add in your game.

I want to kill everybody in the world!
L O V E L o V e, oh..
I want to eat your heart!

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Best sims 3 expansion pack? 2011-10-28 16:31:48 Reply

Personally I'd say World Adventures or Ambitions.

World Adventures gives you 3 great holiday destinations to explore and it rarely gets tiring. Ambitions gives you some great new career options, and playing through each one is a different and rewarding experience and more fun then just sending your Sims to work.

Late Night as well is a must imo. I can see why your mum wouldn't want you to have it due to your age, but honestly the 'worst' thing you can do in any Sims game is woohoo and you're already doing that so getting Late Night won't make a difference, besides giving you a few new places you can woohoo in.

Or just wait for Pets. Good luck and I hope you enjoy whatever you pick/picked.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Best sims 3 expansion pack? 2011-10-28 17:09:47 Reply

At 10/28/11 04:31 PM, Gagsy wrote: Ambitions gives you some great new career options, and playing through each one is a different and rewarding experience and more fun then just sending your Sims to work.

How is it more rewarding? Do you actually get to go to work with them or something?
As of right now the only really rewarding career in my opinion is being a good criminal. I like getting free stuff and loads of money. I might get the ambitions pack if there's more, cooler jobs.

Also, am I the only one that thinks it's odd that you can make gourmet pet food even without the pets pack?

Hiphopopotamus
Hiphopopotamus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Best sims 3 expansion pack? 2011-10-28 22:28:38 Reply

They were all bad in my opinion, they were all just bad versions of the expansion packs from the first and second Sims games.

Sig by Maximus

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Best sims 3 expansion pack? 2011-10-29 00:21:49 Reply

At 10/28/11 05:09 PM, Squidbit wrote:
How is it more rewarding? Do you actually get to go to work with them or something?
As of right now the only really rewarding career in my opinion is being a good criminal. I like getting free stuff and loads of money. I might get the ambitions pack if there's more, cooler jobs.

Yes you get to 'go to work with them'. The careers are actually called professions and are Firefighter, Interior Designer (I think), Investigator, Ghost Hunter and Stylist. You get to go to the Sims place of work and do stuff. Like for Firefighter, you go to the fire station in the day, hang out with your colleagues, then the fire bell will ring and you get in the fire truck and it takes you to a lot on fire then your sim goes to put the fire out and rescue any people trapped inside.

They're all each quite fun really. It's nice to give one Sim a normal career and then play around with the other in a profession.

Also, am I the only one that thinks it's odd that you can make gourmet pet food even without the pets pack?

I did not know this. Maybe, did you run an update on your Sims game recently? It probably added that if there was an issue with the Pets expansion at first.

BBS Signature
Squidbit
Squidbit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Animator
Response to Best sims 3 expansion pack? 2011-10-29 01:44:51 Reply

At 10/29/11 12:21 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 10/28/11 05:09 PM, Squidbit wrote:
Yes you get to 'go to work with them'. The careers are actually called professions and are Firefighter, Interior Designer (I think), Investigator, Ghost Hunter and Stylist. You get to go to the Sims place of work and do stuff. Like for Firefighter, you go to the fire station in the day, hang out with your colleagues, then the fire bell will ring and you get in the fire truck and it takes you to a lot on fire then your sim goes to put the fire out and rescue any people trapped inside.

They're all each quite fun really. It's nice to give one Sim a normal career and then play around with the other in a profession.

Does it use houses from your neighborhood? I would hate to go to work tired one day and then cause an entire family to burn alive cause my guy falls asleep in front of their front door.
But that does sound pretty cool, I might get it.

I did not know this. Maybe, did you run an update on your Sims game recently? It probably added that if there was an issue with the Pets expansion at first.

Yeah I just got the game a couple days ago, I guess that might be why.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to Best sims 3 expansion pack? 2011-10-29 01:58:48 Reply

At 10/29/11 01:44 AM, Squidbit wrote:
Does it use houses from your neighborhood? I would hate to go to work tired one day and then cause an entire family to burn alive cause my guy falls asleep in front of their front door.
But that does sound pretty cool, I might get it.

Yeah all the jobs in each profession uses houses in your sims neighborhood, and for the stylist job you style real sims in your neighborhood. I think if you miss a fire all that happens after the alloted time to do the job is over, is well nothing. Maybe a dip in your work performance but thats it. No harm really done.

Yeah I just got the game a couple days ago, I guess that might be why.

Well happy playing!

I need to get myself Pets, but I'm a bit tight for money atm and Uncharted 3 comes before Sims.

BBS Signature