00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post

4,515 Views | 70 Replies

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-26 23:42:24

If I'm responding to someone, reply & quote, if I'm replying to a topic, reply to post. Sometimes I'll reply to post when I'm talking to someone.

Current MsPaintBrawl.

BBS Signature

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-27 00:21:14

At 10/26/11 07:04 PM, liljim wrote:
The purpose of me asking that question was to determine whether or not people actually used the "Reply To Post" option. The reason I asked the question was because that option will most likely be removed in future, which I'm against, as I personally use it all the time. I was trying to ascertain whether or not that would be a bad move.

What?! That's a terrible idea! Every thread has people using Reply to Post, just pick several at random to see. The only place you see Reply & Quote used a lot is the Level Up Lounge, and even in that thread you have a lot of people still use Reply to Post when they want to mention any stat updates. Having to quote everytime when making a post would make the forum look rather ugly quickly.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-27 00:27:08

It really depends. Like right now I'm opted to click "reply and quote", but if you were asking a long question for like a story, it would be "reply to post", if that makes sense.

do you ever listen to your self talk!

BBS Signature

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-27 04:19:01

Depends on which kind of topic it is. I usually uses reply and qoute when I'm replying to a post that isn't the OP.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-27 04:29:07

I include quotes in the vast majority of my posts.

I'll probably read this in ten minutes and facepalm. - RageVI

BBS Signature

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-27 05:55:03

At 10/26/11 04:54 PM, liljim wrote: Begin.

When addressing anyone apart from the OP, I use this function...however, I also use this when the OP has posted twice and I want to address the OP, and then again I use it when...let's just say I use the Reply and Quote function more often.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-27 06:05:19

Usually Reply & Quote.

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-27 06:05:40

At 10/26/11 04:54 PM, liljim wrote: When you respond to an existing topic, which of the two options do you use the most?

Always reply & quote.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-27 10:05:34

At 10/27/11 06:05 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Usually Reply & Quote.

Same here.
If I need to just respond to the topic I just delete the above text. :3

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-27 11:00:46

I like having the reply to post button everywhere so I don't have to scroll to reply without quoting.

Maybe it should say "Reply to topic" instead though. Or just "reply". That would save space too. Cause "reply to post" sounds more than "reply to this specific post" than "reply to the original post".

Response to Reply & Quote vs. Reply To Post 2011-10-27 11:20:07

Please keep the Reply to Post button. It really isn't doing any significant harm and I like being able to click on it to reply to the topic no matter which part of the page I'm on. In another forum I frequent the 'Reply to Topic' button is at the top of the page and I've got to keep scrolling up if I want to reply to a thread. I'm used to these forums with the button on every post and in the other forum it's annoying to have the button at the top of the page only.

On topic; I use both buttons evenly. When it's obvious who I'm responding to or I want to respond to the first post of the thread, then I use 'Reply to Post' and I use 'Reply & Quote' when I need to respond to a particular post (or more than one).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature