Be a Supporter!
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Worst endings. May. 26th, 2012 @ 01:53 PM Reply

At 5/26/12 01:26 PM, Calv1n wrote: Mass Effect 3. Enough Said.

Oh my days, just shut up about that fucking ending.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
TNT
TNT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Musician
Response to Worst endings. May. 26th, 2012 @ 04:55 PM Reply

I can't really think of anything in the top of my head that its worth complaining about, but it surprised me that Mario Kart 64 had some sort of ending. It was kinda odd, so I felt that was at least worth mentioning until I can think of a worse ending than that.

Latest song cover: Rock Is Dead.
Steam ID: echoes83 (Tyler from Texas)

BBS Signature
Jernemies
Jernemies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Musician
Response to Worst endings. May. 26th, 2012 @ 06:28 PM Reply

Ending of the newest Alone in the dark. It was purely a letdown, I mean, what the panda? You've suffered thru the very buggy game, and then *DUNDUNN - spoilers*Satan wins anyway, no matter how you choose.*...*

And a good second, Saw (the video game). It doesn't satisfy anything either. Your choices are *DUNFUCKINGDUNNN* either to shoot yourself, or the even worse one, learn that you've been a test puppet in a illegal experiment. .*...*The whole time, after cursing the invalid battle system to hell, disarming a load of shotgun traps, passing by heckloads of gray walls, and yelling out tons of most creative curses, you've actually undone the story you played the whole game thru for. To put it bluntly, FTS.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Worst endings. May. 26th, 2012 @ 07:35 PM Reply

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.

Baion, the big bad from nowhere, wants to kill everyone and make a new world before the current people kill themselves. Once Red, the hero, beats him, Baion's lair starts falling apart because darkness lost to friendship. As Red escapes, Baion mumbles about friendship and progress and GUESS WHAT!?
Baion was Red's father all along!
Red is an artificial cloned dog-boy, and Baion is a human. Don't question it. Everyone in the game is either a dog-person or a cat-person, and they never address that.

Maybe saying it's got the worst ending ever is exaggerating, but with all the plotholes the game leaves, it's definitely on par with Drawn to Life 2.

The game's actually pretty good, minus the generic plot.

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Worst endings. May. 26th, 2012 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 5/26/12 02:38 AM, RightWingGamer wrote:
At 5/26/12 12:28 AM, POTaTOS wrote:
At 5/25/12 10:24 PM, BumFodder wrote: ME3 was just all the old shit put into a microwave so you have microwaved shit. It was an insult to the other two games.
I found everything except the ending of ME3 to be great.
What about the awful dialogue system?

I don't like being all the way good or all the way evil to get the best stuff. It's just an excuse to make you play the game twice.

Improved combat,
Actually, it was exactly the same as ME2.

Except for combat rolls, new grenades, tech and biotic armor having different effects, more leveling, a BETTER leveling system, grenade capacity, special ammo and grenades not triggering power cooldowns, and, like I said. More guns to provide variations of combat experience. AND the guns have actual stats. You had to take the games word for it when it said "This is better than this." Which was usually a lie. Because the Viper is NOT better than the Mantis.

menu navigation,
Again, samey-same. Unless you count the fact that ME1&2's quest journals fucking worked properly.

more weapons and armor (ME2 had about 20 guns and 10 pieces of armor. Not including DLC.)
I'll give you that one.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. May. 26th, 2012 @ 11:42 PM Reply

At 5/26/12 11:14 PM, RightWingGamer wrote:

I upgraded my weapons once or twice

Wait you can upgrade your weapons? Wow that's a huge derp on my part. I was so use to ME 2's mechanics in terms of weapons that that completely slipped my mind. Would have made hard a bit easier haha.

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 15th, 2012 @ 03:15 AM Reply

Full Throttle was a fairly good game however short it may be and indeed is once you've memorized all the puzzle-solving I managed to time it provided you watch all the essential cut scenes it will total to 2 hours 38 minutes and even when it first came out fairly short game considering the time frame and leaves you with the sensation of "That's it?! I WANT MORE!" Well they did indeed come up with 2 sequels for Full Throttle along the way first "Payback" then that got cancelled then "Hell on Wheels" looked to be fairly promising had this huge promotional campaign promised to do PC, Mac, X-box, Gamecube, Playstation 2 then low and behold they canceled that too! I really wanted a sequel to that and I know I'm not the only one. Damn!

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
Kingda22
Kingda22
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 11:01 AM Reply

Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4, it just had NO conclusion, it just ended!

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 11:49 AM Reply

At 6/19/12 11:01 AM, Kingda22 wrote: Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4, it just had NO conclusion, it just ended!

Kind of like Void. Basically unfinished.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 01:45 PM Reply

I hate very short endings. If i take the time to beat a game, I expect at least a five minute or more ending.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

II2none
II2none
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 19th, 2012 @ 04:23 PM Reply

The ending to prototype 2 was kinda lack luster.

****SPOILERS***

You beat Alex Kill off the remaining infected throughout the entire city of New York with a ultra Tendril Devestator then reunite with your daughter. And it ends on a "Now What?" That's not necessarily a horrible ending but it was lackluster enough to be worth mentioning.

QOTW:
"I hate you because you never pass up and opportunity to mention that you are a "female"-Wreckr
How to review like your opinion matters

BBS Signature
JonnyEarthquake
JonnyEarthquake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 03:03 PM Reply

WARNING: Spoilers a-plenty

Bioshock
By killing a single Little Sis you want to take over Rapture and dominate the world. Makes sense.

Bioshock 2
You don't get to curbstomp Lamb. Fucking why.

Batman: AA
Hurf, durf, Gotham police force is so pathetic they can't handle a simple bank robbery, better go and do their work for them.

God of War 2
COME BACK HERE ZEUS, FUCK YOU AND YOUR CLIFFHANGER!

Crysis
"We know how to beat them now." And a mediocre game later we find out everybody died.

Condemned 2
"Ethan, you are the chosen one, go scream some heads off!"

Limbo
Another one of those pretentious, artsy endings. Doesn't make sense? 2deep4u

Mafia 2
I don't know what was worse - that I didn't care for Joe, or that I was infuriated by Vito's reaction.

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
what is this I don't even

Ninja Gaiden Sigma
So you just simply smash the evil artifact that generations of your clan gave their lives to protect and turn into a bird and fly away.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
"Not only we raped a great protagonist, we also put in a shitty cliffhanger! How about that, huh! - Love, Ubisoft"

Demon's Souls
So I slew the most terrifying monsters only to be conned into becoming a monk-vegetable-something FOR THE ETERNITY.

Killzone 2
Because a nignog couldn't hold his temper, people die. Twice. How the fuck did that guy even got promoted to squad captain?

Also, every helicopter ending ever.

sweet21
sweet21
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 6/20/12 03:03 PM, JonnyEarthquake wrote:
Limbo

Braid does this as well.
Yeah I got the ending but C'mon...thats it? I was expecting more. Also yeah I know about the easter egg ending. The princess explodes when you find her. Big de- OH C'MON! That doesn't make any sense at all! Fuck you developers! How was I suppose to figure that out?

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 6/20/12 06:01 PM, sweet21 wrote:
At 6/20/12 03:03 PM, JonnyEarthquake wrote:
Limbo
Braid does this as well.
Yeah I got the ending but C'mon...thats it? I was expecting more. Also yeah I know about the easter egg ending. The princess explodes when you find her. Big de- OH C'MON! That doesn't make any sense at all! Fuck you developers! How was I suppose to figure that out?

You guys must not have liked the Sixth Sense, then.

Limbo and Braid have two of the best endings in games in my opinion, mainly because they so beautiful use their own game mechanics to expose the story, where as so many games rely on cutscenes that aren't related to the gameplay at all.

BBS Signature
slipstrike
slipstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 20th, 2012 @ 08:40 PM Reply

I like how I didn't see Mass Effe-- OH NOPE THERE IT IS.

I'd say the worst ending I feel like mentioning was Blue Stinger for the Dreamcast. There wasn't much explanation to begin with and I've still got unanswered questions. It's a wtf ending to a wtf game, but the gameplay and replay value make up for the ending.

I've seen worse endings, believe me, just felt like pointing this one out

Also, I wasn't satisfied with any of the endings to Silent Hill: Homecoming. I suppose they were sufficient endings, but I still didn't enjoy any of them except the absolute best one. And what happened to the black cop, Wheeler? You can supposedly save him, but you never see him again. The UFO ending doesn't count.

Oh and the Fable 2 ending sucked, yes.
JonnyEarthquake
JonnyEarthquake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 11:26 AM Reply

At 6/20/12 08:10 PM, EKublai wrote:
Limbo and Braid have two of the best endings in games in my opinion, mainly because they so beautiful use their own game mechanics to expose the story, where as so many games rely on cutscenes that aren't related to the gameplay at all.

Limbo had a story?

Correct me if I'm wrong. You wake up in a forest, see some people run away from you, things try to kill you. Then you somehow end up in a factory and then you crash through a glass or some shit and land next to a girl. Credits roll.

Worst endings.

NewGroundKid
NewGroundKid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 06:09 PM Reply

I don't got all the stars in Super Mario 64 DS. It was not 100% so i get piss the remake was harder than the N64 version.

Kogasu
Kogasu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 08:14 PM Reply

At 5/26/12 10:02 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: What happens when you fail at Clock Tower, it is a great ending but at the same time is is also the worst.
Clock Tower ending F

Heh, I got this ending on my first try. UGH! I was hoping to at least get somewhere in the middle but no.

Listen to my (shitty) original music! (Only if you want to.)

BBS Signature
sweet21
sweet21
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 24
Artist
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 08:37 PM Reply

Darkseed 2 constantly ends up on "worst game ending" lists. Pretty much you just get stabbed to death by your nemesis, everyone writes it off as suicide, the bad guy gets away and the hero dies. There are no alternate endings.

I'm just a dreamer.
steam profile

BBS Signature
Zippy-MyMusic
Zippy-MyMusic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 10:35 PM Reply

The new Mortal Kombat game.

Seriously. If Raiden didn't fuck everything up, Liu Kang would have ripped Shao Kahn to pieces (AGAIN, AS MANY TIMES AS HE NEEDED TO UNTIL HE STAYED DEAD) and the world wouldn't have been fucking destroyed. And all the other characters wouldn't have had to die.

It was SUCH FUCKING BULLSHIT that Johnny Cage was alive at the end but Liu Kang wasn't.

orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 11:08 PM Reply

There are so many games that I know of that had bad endings, I can't really pick one.

Borderlands: After beating the final boss, I've would've expected a much better ending that that. Although you do get Playthrough 2, which is much tougher and has better stuff available, but that's not saying very much.

Contra 3: Unless you play on Hard mode, you won't be seeing the true ending. With that said, the ending isn't really that amazing at all, so you wouldn't exactly be missing much.

Twisted Metal 3: Really not that bad of a game, but the character endings were a fucking joke. At least with the others, there was some irony and dark humor involved when they made their wish, or occasionally gave Calypso some comeuppance, {Minion and Grasshopper in TM2 the most notable.} but they simply dropped the ball with the 3rd game.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
RacistBassist
RacistBassist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Melancholy
Response to Worst endings. Jun. 21st, 2012 @ 11:23 PM Reply

Shit, how can I forget Starcraft 2?

Blizzard is going to really have to pull some shit out of their ass for the story to be anything besides more shit

All the cool kids have signature text

BBS Signature
Iron-Claw
Iron-Claw
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Worst endings. Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 06:37 AM Reply

Kingdom Hearts! It was a bad enough Idea to do a crossover with a bunch of Disney characters in a Final Fantasy VII quasi plausible crossover and nothing against Disney not at all the problem was what they did that was God Awful! Essentially It's all up to Mickey Mouse he's the ultimate weapon and seals whatever pure concentrated evil away in the closet and the guy and the gal can't see each other again but somehow make it back to each other. Pathetic. To make matters worse they choose a lame ass pop song for the end credits and that song just soooooo lame ass makes Christina Agullera look like Joan Jett! LAAAAAAAAAAME!

Your Arrogance Will Be Your Undoing
Perfection Is An Illusion And Delusion Of Narcissists And Despots
It's Not Who You Were It's More In Who You Are And Who You Will Be

BBS Signature
jesseRYU
jesseRYU
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Jul. 8th, 2012 @ 12:29 PM Reply

Has anyone said Mass Effect 3 yet? if not.
Mass Effect 3.

and the ending of GTA3

New at flash then get some help.

BBS Signature