Be a Supporter!
seel
seel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 04:21 PM Reply

At 10/26/11 02:29 AM, 0ctopus wrote: the ending of Ocarina of Time pissed off because it's like it undid everything link did in the future.

Uh, no, you're just too dense to understand what's happening.

Jester
Jester
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 04:42 PM Reply

Every Assassin's creed, because they all end with some kind of weird-ass magical cliffhanger.

TFU 2, for obvious reasons.

Red Dead Redemption. Okay, that's not fair, that game was perfect, i'm just mad they killed John.

Pretty much any game that uses actual in-game graphics and sound for it's cutscenes. Like the ones in Dead Island where Jin shoots her zombified dad, the lack of expression in her face and the soft, generic sound of the gun shot made the whole thing pretty anticlimactic in my opinion.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 06:47 PM Reply

Borderlands is high up there.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Neoncrotch
Neoncrotch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 07:00 PM Reply

I loved all the Assassin's Creed endings. In other words, I love getting MIND FUCKED!!!

But yea, I can't stand the ending of Borderland and Mirror's Edge. I think they just got fucking lazy with the Mirror's Edge ending.

BBS Signature
djack
djack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Movie Buff
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 07:05 PM Reply

At 10/26/11 06:47 PM, phrozonfire wrote: Borderlands is high up there.

I didn't mind how dull the boss battle was but the worthless crap that came out of the vault pissed me off. I don't think I ever used any of the weapons I got from the vault.

POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 10/26/11 12:07 AM, Jin wrote: but I like how it's executed; filled with impact.

Just like Jacknife HYUK HYUK HYUK HYUK.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Freddythealien
Freddythealien
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Animator
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 07:09 PM Reply

At 10/26/11 07:05 PM, djack wrote:
At 10/26/11 06:47 PM, phrozonfire wrote: Borderlands is high up there.
I didn't mind how dull the boss battle was but the worthless crap that came out of the vault pissed me off. I don't think I ever used any of the weapons I got from the vault.

LOL
"Advanced alien technology..."
But.... This gun shoots 7 rockets that break into tinier rokets and 'Literally' Fucks everyone up the ass!
"..."

I Hereby post the blame on You

BBS Signature
BlackmarketKraig
BlackmarketKraig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 26th, 2011 @ 07:27 PM Reply

Does anyone remember those games from the NES and SNES eras, like Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts where you THINK you've finished the game after completing the final stage and what seemed like the final boss but nooooo... they want you to go through the whole fucking thing from start to finish a SECOND TIME to get to the true boss??!

I spent much of my childhood trying to learn all the stages and all the patterns to get through that god damn game only to be slapped in the face with "YOU HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING AND BEAT THE GAME WITH THE GODDESSES BRACELET!!"

THAT SHOULD NOT BE LEGAL!

So annoying! ARGHH!

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature
Greenfrost6
Greenfrost6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 04:29 AM Reply

At 10/26/11 10:48 AM, IrishGun wrote:
At 10/26/11 05:38 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: inFamous.
Slow down, Farmer Brown.

What did you not like about it? The twist at the end was amazing.

I'll rephrase. Yeah, the ending was somewhat surprising, but it tried to wrap it up too quickly. Destroying the Ray Sphere didn't feel like as much of an accomplishment as I thought it would, considering that
SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER. Not to mention that your future with Zeke was left open to interpretation. Also: Unless you collect all of the dead drops, you'd have no idea as to what happens to Moya or what her relevance to the whole story was.

Also: The final boss itself was dildos. Just dodge, lightning, dodge, lightning, scripted sequence, repeat for 3 minutes.

It was a pretty average way to wrap up a good game, really. I expected more.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature
MatthewF
MatthewF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 07:57 AM Reply

At 10/26/11 10:11 AM, RazorHawk wrote: Rampage for the NES. All you got was "Congratulations" and a credit roll after HOURS and HOURS of painful, repetitive gameplay that couldn't be stopped. The stuff you guys are talking about is Heaven in comparison to that.

Did u seriously expect a great reward for beating such a tedious game? I was 8 when I played it and I figured the ending sucked since the game was so repetitive. Why make an elaborate ending if you just rehashed the same garbage in the beginning.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.
I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!
AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature
IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 11:08 AM Reply

At 10/26/11 04:42 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: Pretty much any game that uses actual in-game graphics and sound for it's cutscenes.

It's kind of silly to say that, don't you think? There are plenty of games that have great cutscenes that use in-game graphics and sound, like Saints Row 2, Space Marine, GTA and so on.

#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 11:52 AM Reply

At 10/26/11 02:29 AM, 0ctopus wrote: the ending of Ocarina of Time pissed off because it's like it undid everything link did in the future.

oh yeah that

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 12:04 PM Reply

The ending to Pokemon games have always pissed me off.....cause they won't end!

Nemo103
Nemo103
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 01:36 PM Reply

At 10/25/11 11:45 PM, POTaTOS wrote: I just finished Mirror's Edge. Good game. But the final boss fight and ending was straight out bullshit. It doesn't even deserve to be called a fight. I flipped off my screen. Seriously.

Yeah....that ending made me facepalm in shmame

Jester
Jester
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 02:47 PM Reply

At 10/27/11 11:08 AM, IrishGun wrote:
At 10/26/11 04:42 PM, DirtyMeatball wrote: Pretty much any game that uses actual in-game graphics and sound for it's cutscenes.
It's kind of silly to say that, don't you think? There are plenty of games that have great cutscenes that use in-game graphics and sound, like Saints Row 2, Space Marine, GTA and so on.

I suppose that was rather silly to say, but I think that type of cutscene only really works when the game's characters are actually expressive and are well animated, otherwise they don't really suck you into the story as well, because the characters seem bland and robotic. One thing that comes to mind is how the emperor dies in Oblivion. He just stands there perfectly straight as a dude casually walks up behind him and shanks in in the back. I'm not trying to bash Oblivion, it's gameplay makes up for it, i'm just using it as an example for what cutscenes shouldn't look like.

f-izzle
f-izzle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 04:06 PM Reply

Assassins Creed Brotherhood ending.
There were so many questions i wanted to have answered in that game,
And then they answered none, killed Lucy and rolled the credits.
After that, i was just tired of Assassins creed and it's fucking cliffhangers.
Not gonna buy assassins creed revelations either, i just don't give a shit anymore.

Don't give a shit if i spoiled it for someone else either.
You should thank me for saving you from wasting time with that game.

Although, i do love the climatic ending in the animus with Ezio, and everything else in the game was awesome.

f-izzle
f-izzle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 04:08 PM Reply

At 10/26/11 03:05 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: I think Postal 2 got a pretty lame ending.

Definitely most satisfying ending ever.
'The fuck is wrong with you?

FrostedFlakes
FrostedFlakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 11:15 PM Reply

Gears of War 2

Kackorot
Kackorot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 11:27 PM Reply

How did you guys like the ending to half-life2 episode III? oh wait, never-mind...

The Official Newgrounds Flamewar Adversary System: Stay safe, stay informed!
Xbox live has stolen 33,723 pieces of my soul, GamerTag: RipTideRex

BBS Signature
POTaTOS
POTaTOS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 27th, 2011 @ 11:39 PM Reply

At 10/27/11 04:06 PM, f-izzle wrote: Not gonna buy assassins creed revelations either

But everything is supposed to be answered in that one, you fool!

At 10/27/11 04:08 PM, f-izzle wrote:
At 10/26/11 03:05 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: I think Postal 2 got a pretty lame ending.
Definitely most satisfying ending ever.
'The fuck is wrong with you?

Postal 2. Not PORTAL 2.

[PSN/Steam- Airbourne238]

BBS Signature
Hiphopopotamus
Hiphopopotamus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 09:34 AM Reply

That's what Apocalypse Weekend was for.

Sig by Maximus

BBS Signature
JonnyEarthquake
JonnyEarthquake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 28th, 2011 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 10/26/11 11:29 AM, idiot-monarch wrote:
At 10/26/11 09:05 AM, CaptainPrichard wrote:
At 10/26/11 03:29 AM, RyanBustersword123 wrote: Mafia 2 had the worst ending a game could offer, yeah the game is in my top 10 list but the ending and last chapter just make me want to puke. I thought their going to pull a nice ending like what they did in Mafia 1 but no they had to ruin it.
What didn't you like about it? It may not have been perfectly executed, but I appreciate how they tried to show the brutality and reality of mob life with the abrupt ending that purposefully had no closure.

Joe's death felt absolutely pointless and Vito's reaction only pissed me off. So there's a guy who kills literally hundreds of people, sees all his friends murdered, is betrayed countless times and all he has to say for himself is "Oh well." Fuck video games for pulling this shit. I would much rather had Joe as the protagonist since he behaved more like a human being.

A better ending would have been Joe and Vito fighting an unwinnable battle against the mob just to get out of Empire City with nothing but their very lives. No greed, bullshit loyalty of hidden agenda, just bros fighting back to back and putting their long-lasting friendship and camaraderie above all.

For being relevant to the thread, Bioshock had two abso-fucking-lutely horrid endings.

acidsnake13
acidsnake13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 29th, 2011 @ 01:57 PM Reply

DooM 3 had so many unanswered questions at the end. I never figured out what happened to sarge. it was implied he turned into that big monster with the BFG, but i couldn't believe that. and the scientist (matruger, i think) was only stuck somewhere in hell. i'm still waiting for DooM 4.

I didn't really care for the star wars republic commando ending either. what happens? Sev, the badass sniper is left wounded and MIA on Kashyyk while your clones pile into the gunship. at least it had an ending cutscene, because after each level ended, it would just cut to a loading screen.

BBS Signature
Shadowblade2584
Shadowblade2584
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 29th, 2011 @ 02:02 PM Reply

HALO FUCKIN' 2

A summary :

Master Chief : I kicked the Covenant and Flood's ass! I'll finish the fight in 2007! Then I'll do it again in 2012!

Now fork over your fucking 60's for H-H-HALO 3!

GODDAMNIT WHY CAN'T I BEAT TTFATF ON MEDI-Wait I did.

HELL YEAH!

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 29th, 2011 @ 03:33 PM Reply

Asassin's Creed II had a fucking weird ending. Its the only AC game I've played, but I just didn't get it.

Mirror's Edge's ending was pretty underwhelming, *SPOILER*kick the guy out of a helicopter, save sister.. the endSPOILER

Those are the only game endings I found crap. Rest are pretty good.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 29th, 2011 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 10/26/11 03:00 PM, Narcissy wrote: Fable II.
And they keep going downhill.

Fable II's ending really disappointed me. Mainly because the game became way too easy after a few hours, and gathering those few people felt a bit pointless since I was so badass. The choices were also a bit shit. Getting a million was easy to get, statue was pointless - I just wanted my dog back so at least we got that choice.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Emma
Emma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Filmmaker
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 29th, 2011 @ 09:03 PM Reply

I loved Mirror's Edge!

But anyway, Halo Reach was the most depressing ending I have ever seen on a video game. I really thought there would be some sort of alternate ending. I guess it makes sense though; but, I would have liked to see ::::SPOILER:::: Noble 6 survive somehow come back in a later Halo perhaps. It was the only Halo where you were essentially the main character.

BBS Signature
Master120
Master120
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Voice Actor
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 29th, 2011 @ 09:44 PM Reply

At 10/25/11 11:45 PM, POTaTOS wrote: I just finished Mirror's Edge. Good game. But the final boss fight and ending was straight out bullshit. It doesn't even deserve to be called a fight. I flipped off my screen. Seriously.

So what endings have pissed you off or were just plain weak?

Thanks for spoiling the game for me. Now I know the main character survives until the end.

Hope you're banned. Already PM'd Tom Fulp. He listens to me so you better be scared.

MatthewF
MatthewF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 30th, 2011 @ 07:32 AM Reply

You clicked on the thread titled with the word endings in it in the first place.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.
I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!
AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature
golcarjack
golcarjack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Gamer
Response to Worst endings. Oct. 30th, 2011 @ 07:50 AM Reply

Did not like black ops ending either because it was all fast-paced and epic near the end but the ending just killed it.