New Topic Respond to this Topic
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 2nd, 2013 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 4/2/13 12:21 PM, Ceratisa wrote: I have an issue with each GTA that comes out, it becomes increasingly less fun to have a massive shoot out with the police for no reason.

I find it more fun in GTA IV, since the guns are a lot more satisfying to use, though in IV it's quite annoying that you have to walk when you want to shoot - I'd prefer it if you could also run and gun at the cost of accuracy. The weapons in V seem to be a lot better than IV's too - a minigun, for example, seen in the latest batch of screenshots.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 4/2/13 12:34 PM, Luke wrote:
At 4/2/13 12:21 PM, Ceratisa wrote: I have an issue with each GTA that comes out, it becomes increasingly less fun to have a massive shoot out with the police for no reason.
So play through the missions, complete the story, do the rest of the objectives around (mini-games, etc).

I rarely do random killing sprees when I play these games, I did when I was younger, sure, but now I'm all about the story in GTA, whereas in my younger years (Vice City era) I would never do missions.

The story is fine, but sometimes after a difficult mission I start mugging random people
Eventually the police come and I cut the officer with the knife I took off a random guy
then I used my stolen handgun to shoot the cops who came in a patrol car and took the shotgun in the car
Then I would use this shotgun to take down the swat team etc

Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 2nd, 2013 @ 02:09 PM Reply

At 4/2/13 01:06 PM, Ceratisa wrote: The story is fine, but sometimes after a difficult mission I start mugging random people
Eventually the police come and I cut the officer with the knife I took off a random guy
then I used my stolen handgun to shoot the cops who came in a patrol car and took the shotgun in the car

So what you're saying then, is that the way you choose to play isn't appealing or fun to you anymore?
You choose to play that way and do those things, so play it differently. There are many different ways to approach sandbox games like GTA, if you get sick of playing it one way, play it another way.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

kazumazkan
kazumazkan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Melancholy
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 2nd, 2013 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 4/2/13 09:41 AM, dogpup4 wrote: The cover art has officially been revealed!

saw it earlier i like how they never change the lay out or style of gta game covers i alway liked them

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?
was her name tenneassi
omtish

BBS Signature
Ceratisa
Ceratisa
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 2nd, 2013 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 4/2/13 02:09 PM, Luke wrote:
At 4/2/13 01:06 PM, Ceratisa wrote: The story is fine, but sometimes after a difficult mission I start mugging random people
So what you're saying then, is that the way you choose to play isn't appealing or fun to you anymore?
You choose to play that way and do those things, so play it differently. There are many different ways to approach sandbox games like GTA, if you get sick of playing it one way, play it another way.

I think you misunderstand, I enjoy having nothing but my fists progressing to blowing up tanks. I also enjoy the missions and I play them through, and collect things.

All I'm saying is that something I enjoy in the series has become less enjoyable, for me, every title I still enjoy it but every release has me hating helicopters more.
The only problem I have in GTA tends to be RC controlled bs, don't damage the car but you are timed, and street race with no shooting. If I could use my own car more often I wouldn't have an issue with the last item.

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 2nd, 2013 @ 05:08 PM Reply

Looks better than I expected. I'm glad they are still sticking to the good ole' comic book theme. It wouldn't be the same without it.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
simon
simon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 2nd, 2013 @ 07:29 PM Reply

At 4/2/13 12:34 PM, Luke wrote: I rarely do random killing sprees when I play these games, I did when I was younger, sure, but now I'm all about the story in GTA, whereas in my younger years (Vice City era) I would never do missions.

I'm in the same boat, but I think when I was younger I just thought the missions were too hard and now they're actually playable. Plus when you're a kid you don't understand 100% of GTA's dialogue.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Playstation ID: SCParry || Steam ID: GNS_SimpLe
3DS Friend Code: 2878-9581-7218 || Nintendo ID: SCParry

BBS Signature
Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:51 AM Reply

There's always a helicopter in the top left corner of the art.

Why?
Mismo
Mismo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Musician
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 3rd, 2013 @ 12:15 PM Reply

At 4/3/13 11:51 AM, Sword-of-Kings wrote:
There's always a helicopter in the top left corner of the art.

Why?

It's the U.L paper watching over us. Or in this case U.L.S paper maybe.

#AMAFORSEXSLAVE2014

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 27th, 2013 @ 04:56 PM Reply

Three new trailers (one for each protagonist) coming on Tuesday 30th April! Can't wait for these. Also on Thursday 2nd May there'll be a big information reveal as Rockstar's done another press showing of the game, probably showcasing another mission.

BBS Signature
darkjam
darkjam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 27th, 2013 @ 05:26 PM Reply

Am I the only one who thinks that the GTA series doesn't bring anything new to the table apart from a new map, characters and a few new vehicles? They are still fun games, but they are starting to get repetitive.

It's hip to be square, but it's hipper to be torus! // You shall watch and you shall like. // #FREEAMA2014

BBS Signature
Luke
Luke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 29th, 2013 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 4/27/13 05:26 PM, darkjam wrote: Am I the only one who thinks that the GTA series doesn't bring anything new to the table apart from a new map, characters and a few new vehicles? They are still fun games, but they are starting to get repetitive.

It's all about the story, man. It's fun as hell, the crime stories in them are great. I loved working with the mafia-style dudes in GTA IV.

I think the main issue with GTA is that people are not paying any real mind to the story in them, they see GTA and think "Oh, kill police officers and blah blah" but there is so much more to it than that.

I already had this argument in the thread once, so I won't blow up again, but STORY STORY STORY STORY STORY.

I wish I had the money to pre-order GTA V, but my money has gone to the Last of Us Survival Edition right now.
GTA V is next on the list, though.

Yeah, whatever.
PSN ID: REDSiN66

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 29th, 2013 @ 05:41 PM Reply

At 4/27/13 05:26 PM, darkjam wrote: Am I the only one who thinks that the GTA series doesn't bring anything new to the table apart from a new map, characters and a few new vehicles? They are still fun games, but they are starting to get repetitive.

I think GTA does just as much as other AAA series in terms of innovation and such. Honestly, it's not like they can really change all too much about it, I mean, what would you want?

GTA changes the same way all other titles do. It's bigger, it's a new world, it's got new characters, new weapons, new vehicles, new plot. I don't know what more you could want.

CoD solely brings new maps and guns with each entry, but plenty of people love it.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 29th, 2013 @ 05:42 PM Reply

I think GTA does just as much as other AAA series in terms of innovation and such. Honestly, it's not like they can really change all too much about it, I mean, what would you want?

GTA changes the same way all other titles do. It's bigger, it's a new world, it's got new characters, new weapons, new vehicles, new plot. I don't know what more you could want.

CoD solely brings new maps and guns with each entry, but plenty of people love it.

New trailers are coming tomorrow at 11AM EST/4PM BST(GMT)/5PM UCT+1

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 12:24 PM Reply

Holy fuck dem character trailers. This is going to be game of the fucking century.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 03:34 PM Reply

At 4/30/13 02:50 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Trailers are out, and they're amazing.

The detail in GTA 5 and character development is by far the deepest I've seen from Rockstar. I believe we have another big blockbuster in out hands, and speaking of character development, Franklin and Trevor looks like the most funnest characters to play. I imagine playing as Franklin and doing some good ole' classic drive bys around Grove Street and with Trevor...dude that guy is fucking nuts hes more suited to play for killing sprees.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Jester
Jester
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! Apr. 30th, 2013 @ 04:23 PM Reply

The day has finally come that I get to play as Jack Nicholson in a videogame

Darthdenim
Darthdenim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 2nd, 2013 @ 01:45 PM Reply

Big new GTA V preview! Lots of websites have their own versions as Rockstar have shown them a new demo, but this is the best I've seen so far. A consolidated version is here.

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 3rd, 2013 @ 11:16 PM Reply

I laugh at the people who scoff off that they won't be buying this or aren't interested. Who are they kidding? What other games will they be playing from September to December?

I will admit that I hated GTA IV when I got it release day. I passed it off as something uninteresting until I picked it up again a few years later and loved it. There really is a lot to the world, it has a good feel to it, and it's a technically impressive game. Too many people hate it for what it is.

They fixed all four's clunky movement that I oddly liked. A preview I read off destructoid shows that they took a lot of inspiration from Max Payne 3 in terms of gun play and movement. This only make sense though because MP3's gameplay was flawless (in my eyes).

This game is the only thing I'm looking forward to!

Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the alps?

tyler2513
tyler2513
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 4th, 2013 @ 10:18 AM Reply

Possibly my most anticipated game coming this summer, I'm pre-ordering it in a few days.

BBS Signature
orangebomb
orangebomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 5th, 2013 @ 03:43 PM Reply

At 4/27/13 05:26 PM, darkjam wrote: Am I the only one who thinks that the GTA series doesn't bring anything new to the table apart from a new map, characters and a few new vehicles?

It's the same for 90% of sequels of good games, you don't need to reinvent the wheel and mess with a formula that made Rockstar successful ever since GTA 3. New maps, characters and vehicles are more than enough add-ons for any GTA sequel.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature
Zack-DeAngelis
Zack-DeAngelis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 5th, 2013 @ 03:44 PM Reply

I pre ordered it in December. Thought it was coming out in May.

Sword-of-Kings
Sword-of-Kings
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 5th, 2013 @ 04:13 PM Reply

"Sorry, this content is age-restricted."

Looks like I'll be using a YouTube video downloader to watch that video. YouTube shouldn't restrict videos. I have seen FAR worse shit than anything on YouTube.

I wonder how big the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V will be. Maybe it will be like Max Payne 3 and have 4x higher resolution textures on the PC version.

HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 5th, 2013 @ 04:21 PM Reply

tbh I'm waiting for a full game map to be released. I'm holding judgement until then.

The map would honestly make or break the game for me.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 5th, 2013 @ 04:40 PM Reply

At 5/5/13 04:21 PM, HighWay wrote: tbh I'm waiting for a full game map to be released. I'm holding judgement until then.

The map would honestly make or break the game for me.

The map's going to be 3.5x the size of Red Dead Redemption (5x the size if you count the underwater, which is apparently going to be just as detailed as the rest of the game). Los Santos will probably take up about half of the landmass and the rest will be countryside, mountains and desert.

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 5th, 2013 @ 04:42 PM Reply

At 5/5/13 04:40 PM, dogpup4 wrote: The map's going to be 3.5x the size of Red Dead Redemption (5x the size if you count the underwater, which is apparently going to be just as detailed as the rest of the game). Los Santos will probably take up about half of the landmass and the rest will be countryside, mountains and desert.

size doesn't matter really. If the map is shit, the game is shit.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 5th, 2013 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 5/5/13 04:40 PM, dogpup4 wrote: and the rest will be countryside, mountains and desert.

sweet...

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! May. 6th, 2013 @ 01:52 PM Reply

At 5/5/13 04:42 PM, HighWay wrote:
At 5/5/13 04:40 PM, dogpup4 wrote: The map's going to be 3.5x the size of Red Dead Redemption (5x the size if you count the underwater, which is apparently going to be just as detailed as the rest of the game). Los Santos will probably take up about half of the landmass and the rest will be countryside, mountains and desert.
size doesn't matter really. If the map is shit, the game is shit.

You couldn't really tell if the map was shit until you actually play the game anyway. I think it'll be great though - seems lke there's loads of detail put into every street, down to the cracks in the pavement. There'll be a huge military base, and the city seems to have nailed the Los Angeles vibe.

BBS Signature