00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mangoneNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grand Theft Auto V: Official!

104,872 Views | 1,391 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-10 15:44:53

At 7/9/13 10:26 AM, Elixur wrote: GAMEPLAY MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

I've already watched this video five times. I've never been this excited for a game before. Everything in this game looks perfect. It looks like Rockstar really listened to all the complaints people had about IV because I can't see any problems so far.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-10 17:46:02

Ok, I want this now. The gameplay looked fucking amazing!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-11 14:02:36

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/hideo-kojima-depresse d-by-grand-theft-auto-v
damn son. I feel bad for hideo now.

i'll still try and get both games

play Etehfowr Against

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-11 14:47:14

I was sold at 2:00 in the gameplay vid.

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-11 15:21:15

I'm more excited now after seeing some gameplay footage and learning more about the features. Finally, there's customizable cars. GTA IV should have had this already. Learn a thing or two from Saints Row.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-11 16:40:43

At 7/11/13 04:17 PM, Mfan wrote: is this a ps3 console that would be available to the public, or some super ramped up specialty ps3 console ?

If it's an altered PS3 then it's not a PS3.

At 7/11/13 04:17 PM, Mfan wrote: in reality we'll be stuck with GTA IV graphics

LA Noire and Red Dead looked amazing. It might not look as good as the trailers but it will definitely look better than IV.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-11 17:25:45

Am I the only one who was actually underwhelmed at the graphics in the gameplay trailer? The gameplay was significantly worse than the previous screenshots and trailers led me to believe. I don't think they're that much better than IV.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-11 17:27:29

At 7/11/13 04:17 PM, Mfan wrote: so rockstar now claims the the in game footage was captured on a ps3

is this a ps3 console that would be available to the public, or some super ramped up specialty ps3 console ?

as far as i'm concerned no one in the world will ever convince me that the footage was captured on any console

Rockstar has let everyone who's viewed a demo inspect the system they were playing on. All of them say it's legit.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-12 11:45:37

At 7/11/13 05:25 PM, iMini wrote: Am I the only one who was actually underwhelmed at the graphics in the gameplay trailer? The gameplay was significantly worse than the previous screenshots and trailers led me to believe. I don't think they're that much better than IV.

I think they're a lot better than IV - the faces are way better and the lighting is great. The antialiasing lets it down a bit though.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-20 23:50:33

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-21 20:05:48

http://i.imgur.com/Jyxh1sI.jpg

I'm already pissed there's more than one main character, why did we have to be forced to switch because of fucking fatigue? I really hate the sound of that.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-21 20:31:46

At 7/21/13 08:05 PM, Makeshift wrote: http://i.imgur.com/Jyxh1sI.jpg

I'm already pissed there's more than one main character, why did we have to be forced to switch because of fucking fatigue? I really hate the sound of that.

Fake bro. http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=556717&st=740&#
entry1062809056

Can't believe you didn't check the comments.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-21 20:54:27

At 7/21/13 08:31 PM, iMini wrote: Can't believe you didn't check the comments.

I saw it on Reddit and looked through those comments, but nothing was said there at the time about it being fake. And now the top comment there is about it being fake. So, shit. But also good.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-21 21:05:21

Whenever I read though the GTA V subreddit I can't help but feel as though people are expecting too much from this game. A lot of people seem to be hoping for "realistic" features that ultimately just sound boring. It'll probably get to the point where some guy discusses how amazing it would be if Franklin's dog were to take a shit a couple times a day and the player would get a wanted level for not cleaning it up.

What is it with people these days thinking realism makes better games? The level of realism a lot of people seem to be expecting/wanting sounds awful. Games aren't meant to be simulations of life.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-21 21:47:31

At 7/21/13 09:05 PM, Dean wrote: Whenever I read though the GTA V subreddit I can't help but feel as though people are expecting too much from this game. A lot of people seem to be hoping for "realistic" features that ultimately just sound boring. It'll probably get to the point where some guy discusses how amazing it would be if Franklin's dog were to take a shit a couple times a day and the player would get a wanted level for not cleaning it up.

What is it with people these days thinking realism makes better games? The level of realism a lot of people seem to be expecting/wanting sounds awful. Games aren't meant to be simulations of life.

I just want kill frenzies & all kinds of crazy shit like in the previous games before IV & since it's going back to Andreas I really hope it's nothing like IV & more like Andreas.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-21 22:13:50

At 7/21/13 09:05 PM, Dean wrote: Whenever I read though the GTA V subreddit I can't help but feel as though people are expecting too much from this game. A lot of people seem to be hoping for "realistic" features that ultimately just sound boring. It'll probably get to the point where some guy discusses how amazing it would be if Franklin's dog were to take a shit a couple times a day and the player would get a wanted level for not cleaning it up.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that, at its core, Grand Theft Auto V will still be Grand Theft Auto. A lot of the features they've introduced are just extras to fill in all the empty space that IV left. There's still going to be epic police chases, long shooting sequences, tons of trouble to get into and all the stuff that's already been in the series so far. But now there's going to be extra stuff. It's just to help some people immerse themselves into the world.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-22 10:24:53

Examples of people hoping for boring "realistic" features:

Golf carts when playing golf - Now okay, I can see why people might thing that sounds interesting but have you ever played a golf game that manually required you to walk over to the ball every time you hit it? Why would someone want to add a level of tediousness to the game just to make it seem a little more like the real world?

Night life that involves dancing, drinking games and trying to pick up girls - how about you turn off the console and go to a real night club. I bet the graphics would be fantastic!

Customising and living in bought property - How much time to people spend in GTA safe houses? Not a lot, I imagine. Changing cloths, saving the game and playing the in-game video games once before getting bored of them are about the only reasons I can think of being in the safe houses. Is house customisation really so important? This is GTA, not The Sims.

Having more than just dogs as pets - Yes, because getting an alert that Fluffy the rabbit's hutch needs cleaning every 30 minutes sounds like a fantastic game mechanic.

Don't get me wrong, it's okay for people to want to see certain things in the games they play but people seem to be overly obsessed with realism in games these days. To the point where they're starting to hope for features that don't sound like fun at all. GTA IV let you go bowling, play pool, play darts and go get drunk. All of these features were fun the first time but really, did you care for them much afterwards? The mini-games were alright but they're not the reason you play GTA. It was amusing to watch Niko stumble around drunk but after a while, you just get fed up of watching him fall over. How many times did you use the car wash outside of missions?

Sure, these features add to the "realism" and "immersion" of the game but if you barely made use of these features, what's the point in them existing? I'm not saying it would be better if the features weren't there. I guess I'm just hoping it doesn't get to the point where developers feel pressured to make their games become simulations of real life in order to please gamers.

I'm not even sure why I'm bringing this up. It just seems like gamers these days have totally different expectations to those of games 10 years ago. Expectations that, as far as I'm concerned, add nothing to the games themselves.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-22 10:35:40

At 7/22/13 10:24 AM, Dean wrote: Examples of people hoping for boring "realistic" features:

This is the worst one of them all. I really hope they're joking.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-22 10:56:45

At 7/22/13 10:35 AM, dogpup4 wrote: This is the worst one of them all. I really hope they're joking.

I saw that earlier. I assume the guy is joking. Recreational rape is probably too outrageous even for Rockstar North anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-22 11:23:24

At 7/22/13 10:24 AM, Dean wrote: Customising and living in bought property - How much time to people spend in GTA safe houses? Not a lot, I imagine. Changing cloths, saving the game and playing the in-game video games once before getting bored of them are about the only reasons I can think of being in the safe houses. Is house customisation really so important? This is GTA, not The Sims.

I'd actually like this, something to spend the ocean of money you'll have by the end of the game. If you had something similar to the mansion from Vice City but had to pay to get a helipad or whatever, it might feel like large amounts of money are actually worth something.

Having more than just dogs as pets - Yes, because getting an alert that Fluffy the rabbit's hutch needs cleaning every 30 minutes sounds like a fantastic game mechanic.

Shepard's goldfish and space hamster were the highlight of Mass Effect 2.

At 7/22/13 10:35 AM, dogpup4 wrote: This is the worst one of them all. I really hope they're joking.

"There could even be a 'sex' meter and if it gets too low, your ability to rape increases and each character has their own special abilities when it hits the bottom, like Trevor could have sex with an animal and Michael could rape a guy, or a kid."

Why hasn't Illusion soft thought of this yet? Also good to know that rape, beastiality and pedophillia (not looking up how to spell that) are just "special abilities".

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-28 19:22:48

Dude this freakin' game's gonna be sick! I'm really looking forward to scuba diving and shipwrecks.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-29 00:23:20

At 7/28/13 07:22 PM, SlayZombi wrote: Dude this freakin' game's gonna be sick! I'm really looking forward to scuba diving and shipwrecks.

And golf, tennis, hunting, buying houses, real estate and more useless shit that this game doesn't need! WHOO YOLO SWAG FUCK THE POLICE.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-29 02:03:08

At 7/29/13 12:23 AM, darkjam wrote:
At 7/28/13 07:22 PM, SlayZombi wrote: Dude this freakin' game's gonna be sick! I'm really looking forward to scuba diving and shipwrecks.
And golf, tennis, hunting, buying houses, real estate and more useless shit that this game doesn't need! WHOO YOLO SWAG FUCK THE POLICE.

Pro-tip: you can ignore those things that don't interest you personally.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-29 02:56:28

Underwater exploration fo sho!

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-29 13:30:04

Some new screenshots were shown on Facebook. One image that caught my attention was of two helicopters, one of which has "Marines" clearly labeled on it along with a desert camouflage. Hopefully this means even more military vehicles that we can use (like those jets we have seen a few times already).
I just wanna jack a tank, dammit.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-08-11 06:40:42

Just one more month until this bad boy gets released. I started seeing a girl at work and her birthday is Sept. 17, that means I can't play GTA V on release, what the hell man, what the hell.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-08-11 06:48:48

Yea, only 36 days until release. I still don't know whether I want to pre-order a copy and hope Amazon actually delivers it on release day or walk down to Asda for the midnight release that I assume they'll do. I'd rather have it pre-ordered personally. Saves me having to stand in a queue for 30 minutes. But then it sucks if it doesn't arrive on release day and all the forums I lurk are plastered with GTA V talk.

What do?

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-08-11 06:53:52

At 8/11/13 06:48 AM, Dean wrote:
What do?

Every single time I've pre-ordered through Amazon *counts to himself* (four times) it has arrived on the day of release, so that's my suggestion. Saves you the trouble of standing around for an hour. Also stay away from forums discussing the game until you've experienced the meat of the storyline, they tend to spoil without consideration.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-08-11 18:19:58

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-08-11 18:21:57

At 8/11/13 06:19 PM, kazumazkan wrote: a comparison between gta5 and max payne 3 and other rockstar games. pretty badass

forgot this one sorry.

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature