New Topic Respond to this Topic
ChewyOwnz
ChewyOwnz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-08-24 11:39:17 Reply

Having a first person camera when driving. Not that "camera on the hood" crap like in GTA IV. You should be able to see inside of the car.

:: If that, alot more detail needs to be put inside of the car.

Yeah, my new account on NG.
PSN: ChewyOwnz
Check my YT out! http://www.youtube.com/MrDistrictGa ming

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-08-24 11:53:56 Reply

At 8/24/12 09:26 AM, dogpup4 wrote: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/43961/business .html

Last batch of screenshots for a few weeks. Seems like the main character is actually a black guy.

Where's you get the "Main character is a black guy" from? There's a black guy in one picture. In the Jet picture it definitely looks like the burly fellow on the veranda in the first trailer.

The screenshots are AMAZING. They're just absolutely gorgeous. I'd rather GTA V came out for the next gen rather than this gen, the 7th generation just cannot handle a game that looks that good.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-08-24 14:13:46 Reply

At 8/24/12 11:53 AM, iMini wrote: Where's you get the "Main character is a black guy" from? There's a black guy in one picture. In the Jet picture it definitely looks like the burly fellow on the veranda in the first trailer.

Hes in two pictures, hes in the one where theres a laser sniper and the one with the cars loaded onto a lorry. I'm a bit confused about it really, neither characters seem like NPCs.

DVD Collection and Game Collection
Steam: GallifreyanTimeDog
Really need to change this rubbish username.

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-08-24 14:26:48 Reply

At 8/24/12 02:13 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Hes in two pictures, hes in the one where theres a laser sniper and the one with the cars loaded onto a lorry. I'm a bit confused about it really, neither characters seem like NPCs.

I've heard rumors that we may be playing as more than one main character in GTA V. I'm guessing it could be something like GTA IV with Niko, Johhny, and Luis, just without DLC. Perhaps it may be that?

dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-08-24 16:25:56 Reply

At 8/24/12 02:13 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Hes in two pictures, hes in the one where theres a laser sniper and the one with the cars loaded onto a lorry. I'm a bit confused about it really, neither characters seem like NPCs.

Then again, with the cars loaded onto the lorry I think he might just be an accomplice and its the protagonist driving the lorry.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-08-24 16:29:51 Reply

At 8/24/12 02:26 PM, Klobb17 wrote: I've heard rumors that we may be playing as more than one main character in GTA V. I'm guessing it could be something like GTA IV with Niko, Johhny, and Luis, just without DLC. Perhaps it may be that?

Yeah, I would prefer if they just kept it one main character though. Someone had an idea that, like GTA IV, there could be two episodes released as DLC - but one is set in San Fierro and one in Las Venturas, so we have the whole of San Andreas.

BBS Signature
SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-08-24 16:30:36 Reply

At 8/24/12 02:26 PM, Klobb17 wrote:
I've heard rumors that we may be playing as more than one main character in GTA V. I'm guessing it could be something like GTA IV with Niko, Johhny, and Luis, just without DLC. Perhaps it may be that?

It could be possible. If it does happen I can't wait to see characters point of views in the game just like GTA IV. The whole point of view they did for each character for GTA IV was genius. Imagine what kind of storytelling if they are actually doing this.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
SubparTony
SubparTony
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-08-24 18:01:46 Reply

Just a random idea:It would be awesome if sometimes(rarely) the character would meet NPCs who act like him.Steal cars kill people etc.

Bitte Nazi mods keine bannerino, weil ich ein Nazi Schwein als ihr bin. Danke schön!

desert116
desert116
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-08-24 18:03:10 Reply

At 8/24/12 06:01 PM, tonypar16 wrote: Just a random idea:It would be awesome if sometimes(rarely) the character would meet NPCs who act like him.Steal cars kill people etc.

I think that was actually in GTA IV. I've gotten thrown out of my own car by some random dude a couple of times.

( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°) ( Í¡° ͜ʖ Í¡°)

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-08-24 20:06:42 Reply

I'm wondering what the AI will be like in this game. We've already seen people doing lots of different activities - random people playing tennis, people jogging in the street etc. I liked GTA IV's AI, quite believable - NPCs did take part in different activities (you could sometimes see NPCs pick up prostitutes but I think that was also in earlier games). You could still exploit it for hilarious purposes though. For example, getting someone to accidentally punch a cop and then they start shooting at eachother.

The AI fucked up for me once - the police arrested this guy who started shooting at them, but one cop got left behind so he had no police car. What does he do? He starts to drive off in an abandoned taxi, and I actually got in the taxi and he just behaved like a normal taxi driver. I wish I'd filmed it, it was probably my biggest "what the fuck" moment in a game.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-10-11 14:24:23 Reply

Tweet from the editor of Game Informer. Expect loads more details about GTA V in mid November (magazine release dates are a bit weird).

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-10-11 15:40:26 Reply

At 10/11/12 02:24 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Tweet from the editor of Game Informer. Expect loads more details about GTA V in mid November (magazine release dates are a bit weird).

Kotaku says early November.
Am I going to maintain this level of excitement all month?

Fuck yes!

BBS Signature
YellowisCOOL
YellowisCOOL
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-10-11 19:57:04 Reply

Hell yeah! Sounds good!
I've only got Liberty City and Chinatown Wars.

R O A $ T D U C K - Soundcloud
ϫ It's a metaphor you potato with eyes ϫ

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-03 15:24:08 Reply

Release window confirmed to be Spring 2013! Anywhere from March to May, presumably May as Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Max Payne 3 all released in May.

Also quite a lot of new images have been released for GTA V, ahead of the big GameInformer reveal on Thursday 8th November.

Pre-orders have begun (though they were supposed to officially begin on the 5th of November), and you get a viewfinder thing with it where you look through it and you can see a postcard of Los Santos. These are all of the postcards.

Theres also some new artwork, some of which was leaked and some are given as posters to early pre-orderers:
First artwork - the robbery scene from the trailer
Two here, one of a guy with a rottweiler and one of a woman (possibly a celebrity) being arrested by a policewoman
One here of a woman in a bikini
Man on quad bike with sniper rifle (looks a bit like Jack from The Shining I think)

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-06 12:30:36 Reply

Trailer 2 coming on 14th of November (Wednesday after tomorrow). Can't wait. Also can't believe that it's already been a year since the last trailer, long overdue some footage. We have the GameInformer preview to look forward to though, hope someone posts the scans on the internet.

BBS Signature
hitman1993
hitman1993
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-06 15:00:10 Reply

Preordered it today, got my poster and viewfinder thingy. Can't wait for new info.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-08 16:21:16 Reply

Scans of the GameInformer reveal.

Holy shit.

BBS Signature
Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-08 17:05:25 Reply

3 protags with any time switching seems interesting.
I love how they finally made a protagonist who WOULD go on killing sprees.
I wonder:
Custom cars (I love decking out a car and killing shit)
Garages (free repairs/saving)
What station Lazlow will be on this time
Cats and such

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-08 18:21:16 Reply

I am really liking this ability to swap between the 3 protagonists whenever outside of missions, as well as at specific times when 2 or all 3 of them are in a mission together. I have a feeling I'll play as Trevor a lot at first, mainly because he was a former pilot and has access to aircraft, unlike the other two it seems. Still, I can't wait to check out all of their stories and see how they intertwine with one another.
I do wonder, which characters will we see from GTA IV that will supposedly make an appearance? Niko has been ruled out by them, so that leaves some of his own friends maybe. Since GTA V is focused around heists, I'm thinking that we might see our favorite Irish criminal Packie at some point. He was leaving Liberty City at the end of The Ballad of Gay Tony, so there's at least a chance of him popping up somewhere in GTA V, I hope.
Shame there is little information about multiplayer. Hopefully they'll go deeper into that at some point.

SneakyGameBoy
SneakyGameBoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-08 18:27:18 Reply

At 11/8/12 04:21 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Scans of the GameInformer reveal.

Holy shit.

Read the whole thing...this might be the best GTA ever made.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-08 20:28:21 Reply

At 11/8/12 06:27 PM, SneakyGameBoy wrote:
At 11/8/12 04:21 PM, dogpup4 wrote: Scans of the GameInformer reveal.

Holy shit.
Read the whole thing...this might be the best GTA ever made.

definitely looks like a contender. it's promising the realism and detail of IV, but the fun and exploration of SA.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-08 21:20:22 Reply

I just want one fucking main character.

Jolly
Jolly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Programmer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-09 00:18:22 Reply

The city of Los Santos is " bigger than RDR, GTA IV and San Andreas combined."

Holy shit. I was trying not to get at all hyped for it but it's hard to not be a bit hyped now. It looks like it's going to be a modern version of San Andreas.

At 11/8/12 09:20 PM, Makeshift wrote: I just want one fucking main character.

Yeah, it probably won't be very focused.

UncleABCD
UncleABCD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-09 06:07:38 Reply

I remain skeptical about the three protagonist deal. Everything else sounds great though, especially the map size.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature
Rampant
Rampant
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-09 10:39:44 Reply

At 11/9/12 06:07 AM, UncleABCD wrote: I remain skeptical about the three protagonist deal. Everything else sounds great though, especially the map size.

I trust Rockstar enough to know what they're doing.

Cosmic
Cosmic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-09 17:07:57 Reply

At 11/9/12 06:07 AM, UncleABCD wrote: I remain skeptical about the three protagonist deal. Everything else sounds great though, especially the map size.

Yeah.. I seriously hope you are only one of them and hopefully R* wouldn't do something stupid like taking a lot of the sandbox away and having you switch through characters in the middle of the game.

BBS Signature
dogpup4
dogpup4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-10 09:26:20 Reply

At 11/9/12 05:07 PM, CocoaBeanie wrote:
Yeah.. I seriously hope you are only one of them and hopefully R* wouldn't do something stupid like taking a lot of the sandbox away and having you switch through characters in the middle of the game.

They're doing it so you can switch between them at any time you want when you're in free roam. In the missions, at certain points you're given the option to swap - for example, you can be Michael rappelling down a skyscraper, and when you get in you're given the choice to switch to Franklin who can then snipe all of your enemies or you could stick with Michael and have a big shootout with them.

I think it's a brilliant idea.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-10 11:25:17 Reply

I love knowing there's a new GTA game just around the corner. It's one of the few franchises that still manges to get me all hyped up.

I'm not too sure what to make of this whole interchangeable characters thing though. I guess I shouldn't really be judging it before I've played. Right now I'm thinking that it would have been better to make three totally separate storyline. So when you start a new game, you pick a character and and play through with just him. Still, it's sounding like this could beat San Andreas. I'm expecting great things Rockstar. Don't disappoint.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
StalkerGuy
StalkerGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-14 11:12:25 Reply

TRAILER 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84&feature=plcp

fu

Syztm
Syztm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Audiophile
Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2012-11-14 11:23:40 Reply

At 11/14/12 11:12 AM, StalkerGuy wrote: TRAILER 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84&feature=plcp

This may be a dumb question, but is the protagonist supposed to be Tommy Vercetti or not?
Also, they're actually introducing animals it seems. Interesting. I'm stoked for the full game to come out now!

New tune: Yag