00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AVKid4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Grand Theft Auto V: Official!

104,876 Views | 1,391 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-05 16:21:08

tbh I'm waiting for a full game map to be released. I'm holding judgement until then.

The map would honestly make or break the game for me.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-05 16:40:11

At 5/5/13 04:21 PM, HighWay wrote: tbh I'm waiting for a full game map to be released. I'm holding judgement until then.

The map would honestly make or break the game for me.

The map's going to be 3.5x the size of Red Dead Redemption (5x the size if you count the underwater, which is apparently going to be just as detailed as the rest of the game). Los Santos will probably take up about half of the landmass and the rest will be countryside, mountains and desert.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-05 16:42:50

At 5/5/13 04:40 PM, dogpup4 wrote: The map's going to be 3.5x the size of Red Dead Redemption (5x the size if you count the underwater, which is apparently going to be just as detailed as the rest of the game). Los Santos will probably take up about half of the landmass and the rest will be countryside, mountains and desert.

size doesn't matter really. If the map is shit, the game is shit.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-05 16:53:25

At 5/5/13 04:40 PM, dogpup4 wrote: and the rest will be countryside, mountains and desert.

sweet...

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-06 13:52:51

At 5/5/13 04:42 PM, HighWay wrote:
At 5/5/13 04:40 PM, dogpup4 wrote: The map's going to be 3.5x the size of Red Dead Redemption (5x the size if you count the underwater, which is apparently going to be just as detailed as the rest of the game). Los Santos will probably take up about half of the landmass and the rest will be countryside, mountains and desert.
size doesn't matter really. If the map is shit, the game is shit.

You couldn't really tell if the map was shit until you actually play the game anyway. I think it'll be great though - seems lke there's loads of detail put into every street, down to the cracks in the pavement. There'll be a huge military base, and the city seems to have nailed the Los Angeles vibe.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-23 16:26:55

Pre-order now and get a chance to fly the Atomic Blimp!

So yeah, it's $80 for the Special Edition, and $150 for the Collector's Edition.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-23 20:59:13

At 5/23/13 04:26 PM, Painbringer wrote: Pre-order now and get a chance to fly the Atomic Blimp!

So yeah, it's $80 for the Special Edition, and $150 for the Collector's Edition.

I'm definitely getting the special edition but I don't know about the collector's edition. Its contents look really nice but that's a really steep price.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-23 22:27:59

At 5/23/13 04:26 PM, Painbringer wrote: Pre-order now and get a chance to fly the Atomic Blimp!

You mean...the blimp that everyone thought was just for scenery? TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY DAMMIT!

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-24 01:03:28

It will be released on September 2013.
i can't wait to play this game!

Eryn Channel

Anime-NoireChan on IGN

PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-24 04:17:26

God I fucking hate pre-order bonuses. Hopefully I even get the option to get them on PC.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-05-24 13:30:34

Pre-ordering the normal edition - I don't really like how they withhold in-game content if you don't want to pay an extra £20, but the extra weapons/clothing probably won't be a big deal anyway.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-02 12:18:43

There's a new Rockstar Ask & Answered for GTA V.

Basically:

- You will be able to meet the protagonists in the game world - so if you play as Franklin, you could run into Michael while you're free roaming, but you won't be able to kill him.

- The standard edition of the game will, as usual, come with a map (though this time it's double sided as the game world is huge).

- The Xbox 360 version will come with two discs - disc 1 is a mandatory 8GB install, while disc 2 is used to play the game (so no disc swapping throughout the story).

- GTA V's multiplayer is called Grand Theft Auto Online and it will be detailed sometime in the summer.

- A proper gameplay video will be released soon.

- Very deep weapon/car customisation.

- No PC or next-gen release is currently planned (though there is still chance of at least a PC release).

god

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-02 14:11:29

At 7/2/13 12:18 PM, dogpup4 wrote: There's a new Rockstar Ask & Answered for GTA V.

Basically:

- You will be able to meet the protagonists in the game world - so if you play as Franklin, you could run into Michael while you're free roaming, but you won't be able to kill him.

I think this is VERY cool, they say that you can jump into the protagonists in the middle of a police pursuit/shoot out, so I can only assume you can run into them while they do this stuff. I hope there's some kind of mini game where two of you can have a shoot out with the cops.

- The Xbox 360 version will come with two discs - disc 1 is a mandatory 8GB install, while disc 2 is used to play the game (so no disc swapping throughout the story).

The PS3 also requires an install of similar size.

- A proper gameplay video will be released soon.

YES PLEASE! Can't believe they're doing this, I don't think Rockstar have ever released a gameplay video before launch before.

- Very deep weapon/car customisation.

This is great news, I love customising shit.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-02 14:44:03

At 7/2/13 02:11 PM, iMini wrote:
At 7/2/13 12:18 PM, dogpup4 wrote: - The Xbox 360 version will come with two discs - disc 1 is a mandatory 8GB install, while disc 2 is used to play the game (so no disc swapping throughout the story).

Yes, but the point is that the 360 version only requires 2 discs; not 3, 4, or more.

The PS3, with it's blu-ray drive, will only require one disc.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-02 16:51:37

At 7/2/13 02:44 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 7/2/13 02:11 PM, iMini wrote:
At 7/2/13 12:18 PM, dogpup4 wrote: - The Xbox 360 version will come with two discs - disc 1 is a mandatory 8GB install, while disc 2 is used to play the game (so no disc swapping throughout the story).
Yes, but the point is that the 360 version only requires 2 discs; not 3, 4, or more.

The PS3, with it's blu-ray drive, will only require one disc.

I wasn't taking a punch at the PS3, I was just pointing out that both require an install of about 8GB, so make sure you've got the space free. In the end it wont make a difference if you're playing on Xbox 360 or PS3, because you only use the one disc to play teh game.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-04 00:23:46

I enjoyed GTA 4, but I hope this will be better, if it's anything like Red Dead Redemption (personally one of my all-time favorite games) then I'll be satisfied. GTA: SA is my favorite GTA and I doubt it will be better than it.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-04 07:14:31

At 7/4/13 12:23 AM, CalebStafford wrote: I enjoyed GTA 4, but I hope this will be better, if it's anything like Red Dead Redemption (personally one of my all-time favorite games) then I'll be satisfied. GTA: SA is my favorite GTA and I doubt it will be better than it.

There are a few features that are similar to Red Dead Redemption - there's animals in the wild now, such as deer and coyotes, and there's also mountains and forests. Not really sure what direction they're taking the story - I doubt it'll be as depressing as RDR, but there will probably be quite a few serious elements.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-04 08:39:52

At 7/2/13 12:18 PM, dogpup4 wrote: There's a new Rockstar Ask & Answered for GTA V.

Basically:

That is pretty awesome.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-04 11:36:03

It would be a blow if they come out for PC. I can spend endless time to make mods.

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-04 12:17:47

At 7/4/13 11:36 AM, Sielumetsien wrote: It would be a blow if they come out for PC. I can spend endless time to make mods.

I'd really love to see the ENB series mods on GTA V. What people have done with GTA IV and San Andreas is awesome so far, I can't wait for GTA V mods (if they release the game on PC - I'm sure they will despite RDR not coming to PC).

god

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-08 14:38:49

At 7/8/13 01:48 PM, UltimatePixelNinja wrote: Heads up guys, GTA V gameplay is going to be uploaded online at 10:00 am est time.

But that would mean the gameplay would have uploaded like 4 hours ago..

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-09 10:26:34

GAMEPLAY MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-09 10:55:39

At 7/9/13 10:26 AM, Elixur wrote: GAMEPLAY MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

Looks fucking amazing, as expected. Rockstar North really know how to make games that get me all hyped up. Grand Theft Auto really is the pride of Scotland as far as I'm concerned. It has to be the best thing that comes out of this country. Can't wait!

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-09 11:11:08

At 7/9/13 10:55 AM, Dean wrote:
Looks fucking amazing, as expected. Rockstar North really know how to make games that get me all hyped up. Grand Theft Auto really is the pride of Scotland as far as I'm concerned. It has to be the best thing that comes out of this country. Can't wait!

Looks far and away better than IV in nearly every way.

-HUD and weapon aiming were refined/ swapping on the fly via wheel
-The dog walking behind the player hints at pet ownership
-City looks bustling and shit
-Three main characters for variety in missions
-Real estate simulator FTW
-HEISTS HEISTS HEISTS HEISTS + realism
-Car customization out the wazoo
-WILDLIFE, hunting perhaps?
-Tennis, cycling, etc lots of sports SCUBA DIVING/ PARAGLIDING
-Stats like San Andreas are confirmed to be back/ Stamina, Strength, Stealth, Flying, Driving, Lung Capacity, etc
-Solid 60 FPS
-GTA ONLINE OMG

You can tell Rockstar learned a lot from Red Dead and Max Payne and are even borrowing many elements from those series for GTA. I'm curious if there will be a character creator for online multi-player though and if you can fuck up your buddies houses etc har har

SO MUCH TO DO FUCK
TAKE MY MONEY

Rockstar doesn't disappoint man, I have to give respect.

They need an easter egg Chinese restaurant named Wokstar

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-09 11:32:01

They showed off so much in that, customization, sports and the stock exchange all look really cool, also you can totally buy pot from a dispensary it would appear. Shooting looks really nice, car physics look to be massively improved since before. It's all spectacular. I'm calling two things about it right now, best selling game of all time and a billion GOTY awards.

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-09 13:29:58

As a huge GTA geek fan...I squealed during the whole video.

XBL Gamertag: Cpt D3FAULT | PSN ID: SNEAKYGAMEBOY | GAMING SINCE 2002 ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-09 14:05:33

So nothing was really surprising, but it all looked great. The ending with the multiplayer though... oh man, that looks like it's going to be amazing.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-09 15:49:48

The new gameplay trailer looks really nice. It looks like they've made a ton of changes to Grand Theft Auto. It looks intimidating because so many of the features will be new to the series... But it's going to be amazing, I trust Rockstar with this. I can't wait to play!

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-10 07:33:15

Originally I was contemplating pre-ordering the special edition but now I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money. The bonus content doesn't really seem to justify adding on another 50% of the price.

The only physical items are the steelbook and the blueprint map, which I don't think they specify the type of material it's printed on.

Then there's the digital bonus content. Special ability boost, stunt plane challenges, some extra cosmetic options and some additional weapons. And notice that it described the additional weapons as "merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free". Which to me sort of implies that they're not going to be particularly great weapons or they're going to be available in the default game, only not being given away by merchants for free. Regardless, it's only 3 bonus weapons anyway.

I was generally convinced that I was going to pre-order the special edition but now I can't help feel that it's not worth the money and I'll probably just go with the standard edition. I am really hyped for this though.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Grand Theft Auto V: Official! 2013-07-10 12:01:19

At 7/10/13 07:33 AM, Dean wrote: Originally I was contemplating pre-ordering the special edition but now I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money. The bonus content doesn't really seem to justify adding on another 50% of the price.

The only physical items are the steelbook and the blueprint map, which I don't think they specify the type of material it's printed on.

Then there's the digital bonus content. Special ability boost, stunt plane challenges, some extra cosmetic options and some additional weapons. And notice that it described the additional weapons as "merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free". Which to me sort of implies that they're not going to be particularly great weapons or they're going to be available in the default game, only not being given away by merchants for free. Regardless, it's only 3 bonus weapons anyway.

I was generally convinced that I was going to pre-order the special edition but now I can't help feel that it's not worth the money and I'll probably just go with the standard edition. I am really hyped for this though.

I preordered within days of the announcement, but I'm not splashing out on either of the special editions, I'm a sucker for steelbook editions but I don't think I'm really up for that, we'll have to see on the day.

Haven't been this hyped for a game since Skyrim, I remember waking up particularly early on the release date, so I can either see myself doing that or going to the midnight launch, I imagine the queue for that would be fucking mahoosive.

BBS Signature