00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Best pc os?

2,985 Views | 26 Replies

Best pc os? 2011-10-22 00:52:53

Incase you didn't know. A Mac is a pc. A Mac is a personal computer. It's jut not crappy ass Windows that gets blue screen of death and other pointless freezes. Plus, it runs fast and not slow like doo doo.

So which is it for you? I prefer a Mac. My computer has Windows 7 and Hackintosh Snow Leopard on it. I use Snow Leopard for some gaming but mostly for everything else othen then gaming. Windows 7 has more pc gaming on it. I still hate Windows because it feels slow and glitchy filled.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 02:37:30

Mac kills Windows

Best pc os?

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 02:39:23

LIGHT COMBO BREAKER!!!!

That is all. Carry on

Thank you Ryan for the AWESOME sig!

REDESIGN FINALLY!! YESSSS!!! | MLP: FiM Crew | Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 02:39:31

Mac is not a PC, but it is a personal computer. PC is Microsoft.

But anyway, Apple forever!

Posted from a MacBook Pro

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 02:44:15

At 10/22/11 02:39 AM, Finalfina wrote: LIGHT COMBO BREAKER!!!!

That is all. Carry on

Just made me realize that I have a light aura as well.

Anyway, I use Windows because it's reliable enough for me. It does what I want and it doesn't spoon feed me anything like OS X does. Nothing against OS X users or anything but I actually can't stand the GUI for OS X.

As for Linux, well I haven't really tried Linux so I can't really voice an opinion.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 02:47:08

At 10/22/11 02:39 AM, Hybridization wrote: Mac is not a PC, but it is a personal computer. PC is Microsoft.

PC stands for Personal Computer you doilt. So yeah, OS X is a PC OS.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 02:48:50

At 10/22/11 02:47 AM, levusbevus wrote:
At 10/22/11 02:39 AM, Hybridization wrote: Mac is not a PC, but it is a personal computer. PC is Microsoft.

PC stands for Personal Computer you doilt. So yeah, OS X is a PC OS.

PC the term.

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 02:52:07

Debian is the best choice.

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 02:54:50

IOS has its ups and downs, Windows has its ups and downs, Linux based systems have their ups and downs...so on

See, only morons would say anything else.

Depending on what you do or how tech savvy you are, each system has its uses.

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 02:55:15

Debian is the best choice.

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 03:03:14

I find the only reason Mac OS X doesn't freeze quite as much is there's less programs that could even possibly cause something wrong to happen. Everything is so controlled, everything is decided for you, which is the very reason I don't like it. Not as much customizability, not as much options. Windows has millions of programs written for it. Macs do not. I couldn't get into Linux, though, it seems too complex for regular desktop use. Not to mention it wouldn't be usable for anything apart from running servers, or something of that nature.

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 03:17:23

At 10/22/11 03:08 AM, BlueMieux wrote: What distribution did you use? Ubuntu's main focus is usability and user-friendliness. If you used anything else, I'd recommend you give it a shot. Linux is great for servers and back-end matters, but it's also great for home users. As I mentioned earlier, it can do everything except gaming, really. If anything, it excels at non-gaming matters as it is more resource efficient than Windows in many cases.

Yeah, I have Ubuntu installed in one of my machines, and I've got Apache running on it 24/7. I barely use it, though. I mostly use my computer for gaming, browsing, and office. Yeah, ubuntu can do all that, and for free, and it's not much of a resource hog, but my Windows computer is extremely powerful, so I've never had to worry about Windows hogging resources, and I'd have no other reason to start switching between computers just to do something I could do on my Windows PC anyway. I just maintain my server on my linux computer, and do everything else on my Windows computer.

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 03:19:04

At 10/22/11 02:57 AM, razorbladesigh wrote:
At 10/22/11 02:55 AM, blah569 wrote: Debian is the best choice.
At 10/22/11 02:52 AM, blah569 wrote: Debian is the best choice.
Woah, the acoustics in here are awesome. Almost like there's an echo!

Isn't it? My ears have become better now!

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 03:42:35

At 10/22/11 02:54 AM, Advent1s wrote: IOS has its ups and downs, Windows has its ups and downs, Linux based systems have their ups and downs...so on

See, only morons would say anything else.

This.

Honestly, fanboys are so annoying.

Companies and competition = Good.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 04:10:32

Windows XP is by far the best, and this on a basis of functionality as well as overal compatibiliy and its ability to be more than sufficiently customizable. Windows vista is much worse in all of the aforementioned points, and windows 7 takes pride on itself being so much better, but microsoft just changed the ways in which these pointers are approached. It also has far too many futile bells and whistles according to my taste. I'd step back to XP if I could. To top it all off, without a large amount of outwardly attainable-only drivers, Win7 is like an empty box with tarry wheels on it.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 06:33:35

At 10/22/11 06:31 AM, MikeyS9607 wrote: > Linux.
Have at me.

Shit has ugly interface and its complicating aswell. Even with visual themes it couldn't trick me into feeling like I wasn't in linux.

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 06:37:16

I'm currently using Windows XP, Mac OS X and Ubuntu 11.04

I think it's fair to say that they all have their pros and cons. I use XP as the main OS on my laptop (which happens to be a MacBook Pro) just because I always have and probably always will love XP. It lets me play all my old PC games with no problems at all.

OS X is good because if I'm running off of battery power the machine will stay alive for a hell of a lot longer. Plus, when it comes to using the terminal, OS X is far nicer than the Windows command prompt in my opinion.

Finally, Ubuntu is just awesome for me. It has a lot of features that make life easier when it comes to getting my uni work done. I can set up folder shortcuts in my file space that will automatically connect to the university servers and show me all my documents and let me work on them for example.

There is no "best OS". It depends entirely on what you want to do with it.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 06:38:57

At 10/22/11 06:33 AM, TheKlown wrote:
Shit has ugly interface and its complicating aswell.

Hold on a minute. When did you last use a Linux distro and which one was is? I get a feeling you've not touched them in a while.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 08:38:36

At 10/22/11 06:38 AM, Dean wrote:
Hold on a minute. When did you last use a Linux distro and which one was is? I get a feeling you've not touched them in a while.

I used Ubuntu just a couple days ago, I installed it a zillion times. And I really tried to like it. I think I just don't like the terminals and I also don't like the fact that Linux has like 0 applications, games that I care about on it. It's funny that Nvidia pays so much more attention to the drivers on Linux, yet Linux has no games or important applications on it! What a freaking waste! They spend more time on the drivers on Linux than they do on a Mac which has more applications and more games.

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 09:24:21

Windows 7 is better!

Hello.

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 09:27:27

Snow Leo.

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 09:30:38

PC is IBM, although Apple was actually the first to use the term "Personal Computer".

I absolutely HATE the word PC referring to Windows. "Our application is available for PC, Mac OS-X and Linux!". It just doesn't make any sense!

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 09:31:59

PC actually means an IBM X86 compatible device.
Macs qualify for that these days, only the older ones don't.

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 11:37:34

At 10/22/11 08:38 AM, TheKlown wrote:
At 10/22/11 06:38 AM, Dean wrote:
I used Ubuntu just a couple days ago, I installed it a zillion times. And I really tried to like it. I think I just don't like the terminals and I also don't like the fact that Linux has like 0 applications, games that I care about on it. It's funny that Nvidia pays so much more attention to the drivers on Linux, yet Linux has no games or important applications on it! What a freaking waste! They spend more time on the drivers on Linux than they do on a Mac which has more applications and more games.

I personally prefer my Linux applications over applications that do similar things on Windows. Obviously most people make their software only for Windows, but it's a lot more enjoyableto work on Linux.

Software aside, there isn't a single thing you can do on Windows that I can't do on Linux. I can emulate every single thing you do. I can use NTFS (but why would I want to do such a thing!?) It would only be practical if I'd like to have a slow and shitty filesystem, as well as the need to defragment my hard drive all the damn time. I can emulate your desktop environment completely if I'd like too. I can reconstruct your login manager, aero, and anything else related to your desktop.

If you would really like to give GNU/Linux a shot, then I recommend Debian with KDE. I really like Debian's package manager, and the lack of of bloat. KDE is also really elegant and aesthetically pleasing.

inb4 KDE
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

KDE is actually quite nice. If you haven't tried it recently, you should try it out once more. There might be a little configuration needed before it looks how you'd like for it to look obviously.

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 11:38:51

I realized "KDE and lack of bloat" almost completely contradict each other. It doesn't feel that it contains anything useless, but the package is pretty massive.

BBS Signature

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 11:41:28

My favorite will always be Windows 7, but OS X is really nice. The computer lab in the music basement at my school has Macs (all the other computers in the school use Windows XP), and I do really like OS X. But I prefer Windows 7.

Response to Best pc os? 2011-10-22 11:56:37

Windows XP <3

The gods use it.

Best pc os?

XBL: Taillesspack819 Send a Friend Request if u want :D

BBS Signature