00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What the fuck America?

2,474 Views | 25 Replies

What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 07:43:44

Land of the Free. Home of the Brave.

Only the Rich are Free.
Only the Poor are Brave.

I just can't find justice in this.

What the fuck America?

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 07:46:11

Maybe the judge had the homeless man's well-being in mind, I mean after all, prison is free room and meals. Just speculating.

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 07:47:44

Yeh, I saw this earlier, although it's doing what a lot of broadsheets do and sensationalising / simplifying the story and not giving you the whole facts about each court case. I'm sure the specifics of each case are deeper than they appear on the surface.

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 07:49:54

I AM OUTRAGED!
Since when is corporate fraud a crime in the US?

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 07:59:25

Even though this is unjust; at least the homeless man ended up with 15 years of three meals a day; and a bed.

Silver linings mah friend....

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 08:18:24

At 10/21/11 07:47 AM, NL-Courage wrote:
Then the judge is just being too strict.
But you know that humans get pissed when people steal their stuff, and some will even punish them although they get it back in one piece.

Or maybe they just do not trust him.

Though I don't know the ins and outs of these cases, it's more than likely that it's the justice system itself that is to blame for any unfair standards here and not a rogue judge. White collar crime tends to carry very light punishments comparatively and then there are strange state laws that can put someone away for life for committing a small crime if they have been convicted of previous crimes.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 08:23:00

capitalism is a bitch

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 08:57:12

At 10/21/11 08:31 AM, JoeMation wrote: You should've highlighted the part where the homeless man robbed a bank for the $100. And the part where Paul Allen only played one of many roles in the 3 billion dollar scheme.

Fuck you lol I found it on 4chan.

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:06:05

So what I got from the article...

Supposedly unarmed robbery of a bank for 100$ with decent personal intentions and turning himself in... with a 15 year sentence.

A part of a 3 billion dollar corporate fraud out of purely greedy intentions, caught without turning himself in apparently, and a... 40-month sentence, or 3 years and 4 months.

Sure, this is better for the homeless man in terms of care and lifestyle - but prison is still a terrible, terrible place to be. Not Just at all... but you won't see me rebelling in the streets over this unless more direct comparisons can be made and the location and process of the prosecution under which these people where can be made public.

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:09:45

At 10/21/11 09:06 AM, Rivergrey wrote: but you won't see me rebelling in the streets over this unless more direct comparisons can be made and the location and process of the prosecution under which these people where can be made public.

But what can one man, I mean woman, do?

Also you live in Germany.

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:12:18

At 10/21/11 09:09 AM, Lorkas wrote: But what can one man, I mean woman, do?

Not much but add to the masses of protesters already out there.

No shit. Doesn't mean I can't have a more detached, less emotionally blurred opinion on these things though.

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:14:57

At 10/21/11 09:12 AM, Rivergrey wrote:
No shit. Doesn't mean I can't have a more detached, less emotionally blurred opinion on these things though.

The point is, is that you live in Germany. Basically, if you rebelled and took to the streets like we are here in the US, you'd likely have your ass beat by nightsticks and have your lungs flooded with tear gas.

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:18:22

At 10/21/11 09:14 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: The point is, is that you live in Germany. Basically, if you rebelled and took to the streets like we are here in the US, you'd likely have your ass beat by nightsticks and have your lungs flooded with tear gas.

Peaceful protest without having to fear getting assaulted or battered is part of the German constitution, which I have read for the sake of knowing my rights.

You don't get beaten for that at all, broski. Stop the ridiculous stereotypes already! :P

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:20:36

I'm pretty sure robbing a bank is a federal crime and holds a mandatory sentence, I'm not sure what that is, but it could be 15 years, also his intentions don't mean shit, he can claim he is using the money to feed dieing kittens and orphans, the fact of the matter is he robbed a bank.

But I'm not defending the first guy, don't get me wrong.

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:20:46

At 10/21/11 09:18 AM, Rivergrey wrote:
At 10/21/11 09:14 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: The point is, is that you live in Germany. Basically, if you rebelled and took to the streets like we are here in the US, you'd likely have your ass beat by nightsticks and have your lungs flooded with tear gas.
Peaceful protest without having to fear getting assaulted or battered is part of the German constitution, which I have read for the sake of knowing my rights.

You don't get beaten for that at all, broski. Stop the ridiculous stereotypes already! :P

I don't get beaten. However, many of the protesters of this Occupy movement have been beaten by the police in New York and elsewhere. Not to mention illegally pepper sprayed. No one has mentioned anything that can be construed as a stereotype so far in this conversation between you and myself. Perhaps you haven't been keeping up on current events.

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:21:10

Hahaha that's the spirit.

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:25:56

You can only hope that the cases are more complicated than they look I guess.

The homeless man did something because he had to but the CEO did something out of complete greed

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:27:21

Different states different jurisdiction?

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:28:35

At 10/21/11 09:20 AM, MercatorMapV2 wrote: I don't get beaten. However, many of the protesters of this Occupy movement have been beaten by the police in New York and elsewhere. Not to mention illegally pepper sprayed. No one has mentioned anything that can be construed as a stereotype so far in this conversation between you and myself. Perhaps you haven't been keeping up on current events.

Hey, if you're trying to make me seethe with rage on the inside you're doing a mighty fine job. :3

That was just a retort as most Americans I've met - and I've met plenty - are incredibly ignorant regarding the situations in European countries. Sorry for just sticking you under that blissfully ignorant category there, but there's no need to make this a personal assault for it...

Berlin has been assault free so far though from what I've gathe-

ON TOPIC:

Fuck yeah, breeding more totally righteous rage against the system with this topic! Woo! :D

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:31:03

At 10/21/11 09:28 AM, Rivergrey wrote:
Hey, if you're trying to make me seethe with rage on the inside you're doing a mighty fine job. :3

That was just a retort as most Americans I've met - and I've met plenty - are incredibly ignorant regarding the situations in European countries. Sorry for just sticking you under that blissfully ignorant category there, but there's no need to make this a personal assault for it...

Sounds like if anyone needs to stop stereotyping anyone then, it's yourself. I am not attempting to anger you. Earlier this week greek police gassed a town square and wore riot gear in a successful bid to clear it of protesters. Last week protests grew violent in Rome and much property damage occurred. As well as aforementioned gassings and beatings.

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 09:39:57

If he had just mugged a civilian it'd be less, but keyword BANK & ROBBERY that'll get you time even if it was a small amount even turning yourself in will still get you time you robbed a bank that's serious shit :P.

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 10:24:18

Regardless of how ridiculous this might be, it is at least good to see the CEO has to spend several years in prison. I've read about plenty of men who commited similar crimes get away with only a lousy fine or it was decided that "the public humiliation and the loss of his job is enough punishment already".

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 10:31:50

Oh, i'm starting to like your country now. I think i'm gonna head down south to scam you all.

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 10:38:18

Maybe it is better he gets to live for free in jail in 15 years, rather then be homeless.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 11:33:14

At 10/21/11 07:43 AM, Lorkas wrote: Only the Rich are Free.
Only the Poor are Brave.

It's called having more money to get a better lawyer.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to What the fuck America? 2011-10-21 11:38:01

You guys realize people get raped beat and stabbed in prison, i seriously doubt the judge was doing him any favors.