New Topic Respond to this Topic
Chazz
Chazz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-20 15:08:37 Reply

Hey guys, I'm interested in posting one of my animations on youtube, but everytime I've tried screen capture with a program it's either been too blurry, choppy or just generally had bad quality and it doesn't record sound either, I know a ton of people from here have done it and I was wondering if someone could help me out? Cheers guys.

Timmy
Timmy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Art Lover
Response to Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-20 15:13:30 Reply

If it is "your" animation, then you have the swf on your computer, right?

Then you can just convert the swf to wmv or avi (or another format that youtube accepts) with a converter.

Me thinks that you are trying to record an animation that isn't your by screencapping it...

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature
Chazz
Chazz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-20 17:02:10 Reply

At 10/20/11 03:13 PM, Timmy wrote: If it is "your" animation, then you have the swf on your computer, right?

Then you can just convert the swf to wmv or avi (or another format that youtube accepts) with a converter.

Me thinks that you are trying to record an animation that isn't your by screencapping it...

2 things.

Number 1, by exporting it I lose a lot of animation within movie clips for some reason, hense why I asked for a screen recorder.

2, why would I steal others work when I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself?

STEM
STEM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Blank Slate
Response to Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-20 17:04:55 Reply

At 10/20/11 05:02 PM, Chazz wrote: 2, why would I steal others work when I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself?

You'd be surprised how often NG work is stolen and put on youtube, it's a recurring problem for Egoraptor for example.

[ Forum Mod // Send PM ]

BBS Signature
Chazz
Chazz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-20 18:51:26 Reply

At 10/20/11 05:04 PM, STEM wrote:
At 10/20/11 05:02 PM, Chazz wrote: 2, why would I steal others work when I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself?
You'd be surprised how often NG work is stolen and put on youtube, it's a recurring problem for Egoraptor for example.

Oh yeah I suppose that's true, me not thinking..

But no seriously this is for my own work and my own work only, I just want to branch out a little further from newgrounds, so any help is really appreciated.

Skaren
Skaren
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Artist
Response to Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-20 18:59:48 Reply

Number 1, by exporting it I lose a lot of animation within movie clips for some reason, hense why I asked for a screen recorder.

Did you only use one type of converter? Because you might be using a shitty one in that case.

Chazz
Chazz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-21 11:05:15 Reply

At 10/20/11 06:59 PM, adamflecko wrote:
Did you only use one type of converter? Because you might be using a shitty one in that case.

Well I just used Flash's "Export" selection on the file tab, when it was exported it looked horendous in quality and most of the movie clips were not playing their animations.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Movie Buff
Response to Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-21 11:32:19 Reply

I'm not sure how this would work for you, but have you tried using the "Print Screen" button? If you press it, you will simply get a new image downloaded that captures everything that's on screen. Granted, I tried that a few times and the quality wasn't that bad, but it seems as good as anything else.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

fayesaysyaay
fayesaysyaay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-21 11:48:25 Reply

By only looking at the title, my brain tricked me into assuming that you are recording others works for learning it frame by frame, probably because that's what I'd always wanted to do

Manly-Chicken
Manly-Chicken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Game Developer
Response to Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-21 12:44:11 Reply

Tom Fulp is raving about this "worlds best swf exporter" for roku.

Pm him about it.

I also recomend camstudio.

BBS Signature
Exbia
Exbia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Screen capturing an animation? 2011-10-21 14:00:53 Reply

Camstudio with Camstudio lossless codec!